[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

Rewatched CLOY on Netflix and, at the last episode, the same thought: why his whispered words behind the glass, after her heartbeat returns, are not subtitled? Nor in English or Korean... I wonder if in other languages. He whispered "Yoon Seri, saranghe"... (labial reading). My conclusion is that it was not in the script...and it cannot be heard even... so it must have been his instinct to say "I love you" and he did say it the South Korean way... (not NK "saranghao"). :heart:

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 8

8 minutes ago, Restless said:

The reason also why I'm saying that CLOY is bigger than DOTS, Goblin, and  MLFAS is the amount of new viewers and demographics that I've observed got hooked by CLOY (these includes politicians, celebrities, athletes, etc.). As previously mentioned, the great majority of the demo who would watch Kdramas here are women, and these were practically the same ones who watched DOTS, Goblin and the other shows. In all honesty, if you were a straight guy/male watching Kdrama here, you would be laughed at, ridiculed. That's why HB and other actors here are so popular, because their fan bases are women (just like anywhere else I guess) calling them their oppas. 

But with CLOY, I've noticed that suddenly even men (though this is anecdotal) have started to openly say that they binge watched and are hooked with the show. I've known of some friends that even watch it without their wives or gfs and just on their own. Some even watch it advance compared to waiting for their SOs.  That's why I can say that it is bigger than any previous Kdramas.

That’s very interesting to know! May I ask what country you’re from? I’m assuming somewhere in Asia but I just wanted to confirm :)

DOTS, MLFTS and Goblin can all be classified as THE new-age “pan-Asia cultural phenomenons” due to their relevancy and popularity in the continent in the past decade and while CLOY is on the same level (albeit a bit more circumspect due to it partially being overshadowed by COVID), I don’t think it’s above those dramas overall. What makes it unique however, as you mentioned above, is the amount of new (and old) kdrama watchers it reined in to watch the show in a time of economic uncertainty and drama stagnancy in Korea. Netflix’s distribution also helped propel the drama to worldwide viewers in a way never seen before with huge kdramas, but I estimate that if those three other dramas had also been on Netflix at the time of airing, they might’ve had the same reception too. Let’s not forget though: CLOY is still the pioneer of worldwide relevancy for kdramas, since it takes a LOT of people consistently watching the show for it to constantly rank in the most watched shows on all major streaming sites. It managed to draw in viewers even at the height of COVID’s messiness and shows no sign of stopping down, so I think it can safely be classified as an all-time classic blockbuster kdrama with its own unique accomplishments and acclaim - and the best couple. Binjin were the most charming, romantic and well fleshed out leads in all three shows and that is something that is not up for debate. PERIOD.

Oh, and I’ve also noticed that there’s been an unusual amount of male viewers for CLOY, more so than what is typically the case for kdramas. A lot of male celebs have watched the show, many of the articles about CLOY were written by male journalists and a lot of the new fans for SYJ and HB have been male (which usually isn’t the case even for the most popular dramas). I’m glad more men are watching because considering how beautifully Ri Jeong Hyuk was written - kind, generous, chivalrous - maybe it’ll inspire them to become better partners and people in general, LOL.

@Choi sam sook This forum is open for everyone and their opinions but maybe if you have only a little bit to say to someone specifically or several things to say to everyone, could you please consolidate them into one post or DM the person individually? I think it just makes it easier for everyone else who won’t have to scroll through several small comments that don’t involve them to get to the bigger posts where there’s more of an open discussion. Thank you!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

9 minutes ago, nightskye said:

That’s very interesting to know! May I ask what country you’re from? I’m assuming somewhere in Asia but I just wanted to confirm :)

DOTS, MLFTS and Goblin can all be classified as THE new-age “pan-Asia cultural phenomenons” due to their relevancy and popularity in the continent in the past decade and while CLOY is on the same level (albeit a bit more circumspect due to it partially being overshadowed by COVID), I don’t think it’s above those dramas overall. What makes it unique however, as you mentioned above, is the amount of new (and old) kdrama watchers it reined in to watch the show in a time of economic uncertainty and drama stagnancy in Korea. Netflix’s distribution also helped propel the drama to worldwide viewers in a way never seen before with huge kdramas, but I estimate that if those three other dramas had also been on Netflix at the time of airing, they might’ve had the same reception too. Let’s not forget though: CLOY is still the pioneer of worldwide relevancy for kdramas, since it takes a LOT of people consistently watching the show for it to constantly rank in the most watched shows on all major streaming sites. It managed to draw in viewers even at the height of COVID’s messiness and shows no sign of stopping down, so I think it can safely be classified as an all-time classic blockbuster kdrama with its own unique accomplishments and acclaim - and the best couple. Binjin were the most charming, romantic and well fleshed out leads in all three shows and that is something that is not up for debate. PERIOD.

Southeast Asia. 

Netflix really played a big part since it made access to drama easier for us international fans. I am actually amazed at how popular and CLOY has been. I'm one of those that followed it since it started streaming via Netflix. Got interested in the show since its first promo, and then always looked forward to the weekends for new episodes, got hooked to the drama since Episode 1. First time I really got hooked to a kdrama.  

And I noticed how huge the audience was even before the Covid outbreak. Now, two-months after, its still in the top 5 in Netflix here. Though anecdotal, and maybe social media also played a big part in amplifying the phenomenon that is CLOY.

• Like 5

This video just came out and I'm so happy! It features the documentary of HB working in a coffee farm,  which HB briefly spoke about when SYJ asked where he learnt to make coffee in CLOY BTS. I've seen this docu video before but without english subs. Now this video has finally translated it! It even has commentaries in both Cantonese and English, which is a first for this youtube channel cuz previously it was only in cantonese.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, hma .75 said:

Mom fan: I like daughters, I like Son Yejin

Hyunbin: Didn’t you watch (SITR) to see Jung Haein?

*mom fan points at Yejin*

Hyunbin: Lol I’m just joking, but you made a straight face like that ㅋㅋㅋ

Who said he's no fun :joy::lol:

Does anybody understand HB's joke.

Why did he mention JHI's name?

• LOL 3

11 hours ago, Choi sam sook said:

She likes 3 photos today, told ya’all girls somebody feeling a bit bored to day coz husband busy filming

Which is the 3rd? I just know that she liked and commented in Uhm Jee Won and her stylish IG.. May I know the 3rd? Thank you :)

• LOL 2

14 hours ago, cris_feliz said:

i just wondered why everytime YJ is being invited as a guest, everyone was like tongue tied and shocked, like there's a butterfly in their stomach i wonder why and i wonder how beautiful she is in person that made everyone felt shocked and speechless hahahaha..just watched infinity challenge, masters house and i forgot the other one show plus there's an interview too where the interviewer was tongue tied, all of those shows that she guested, the interviewers were so crazy while seeing her HAHAHAHAHAH

I read somewhere her eyes is beautiful. And no wonder she always prefer to be simple. Perhaps she don't want to have too much attention regarding her beauty but rather to bring that attention instead to focus more on her acting skills. Moreover she didn't undergo surgery even for just a little enhancement.

Keep praying for our couple guys. This year will be there year of joy as together in one union:innocent:... Miss them:wub:

https://images.app.goo.gl/2yD7KWGuaYNbUAFM7

https://images.app.goo.gl/eL25hyBXXcYu6DDG7

• Like 3
  • Love 10

Thank you all very much :) for the update and camping photos! SYJ’s makeup artist went camping with (looking at the number of seats in the photo) what looks like 4 other people? Waah - either SKorea’s social distancing has ended or people there are very confident C19 is no longer a threat. Begs the question of when SYJ will show herself?  I wonder about HB's "Bargaining" - it is supposed to have scenes in SKorea and Jordan. Can't see C19 lockdown in Middle East lifted anytime soon, so how will they complete filming? 

I tried my best to ease back from my obsession with CLoY/BJ by watching MOTA and Hyde, Jekyll and Me. A few episodes into each series, I stopped. I couldn’t handle seeing HB with another love interest. If I hadnt shipped BinJin so hard, it would have been ok. But now that I have, I’m a ruined person. I watched Confidential Assignment and The Last Princess, both good watches. Those I could manage. I’m relieved that Bargaining is not a romance tale.

The above trauma set a CHILL in my heart...will there never be another show casting BinJin as leads?? Hey Producers & Directors - HB/SYJ have talent, good looks and are super nimble. Just look at these pics that are not recent but still hold true.

Hbsyj-Athletic.jpg

HB is athletic - likes swimming, baseball, martial arts, boxing. SYJ is agile & sporty too. BinJin would be perfect for an action movie,  a la Mission Impossible genre OR a period movie where he is a General assigned to investigate a palace murder and she is a unconventional Princess who is an assassin by night. Something like that, where there will be tons of rough and tumble, physical & emotional tension between them and of course, a mandatory BJin shower in the raw beneath a waterfall. Whatever, why not break the mould and cast this dynamic couple again?

• Like 8
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 9

12 hours ago, loveintheair said:

So busy with other stuff the past few days until now I have time to backread and find your post. I haven't watched the full episode of MITH with YJ in it. Just recall one scene in CLOY which RJH and YSR standing on a bridge in SK and SR said something like she doesn't like going on a trip without planning because she cannot fully enjoy it. This really reinforces our assumption here that CLOY had been particularly written for BINJIN. And in accordance with YJ's POV, they must have planned HB's trip to LA beforehand rather than a surprise or a coincidence. I like the fact that HB went straight to YJ even before the drama MOA ended hahaha. 

I think the scriptwriter of CLOY really made the lines with HB and YJ in mind. If you watch that episode 46 and 47 of the Master in the House, Dec 2018, you will recall the scene of Yoon Seri with the 4 North Korean soldiers/ comrades during their picnic, soju drinking and clam eating, and the beer drinking while watching a game event in the restaurant in SK. Yejin is really a gamer! Her beauty radiates so much esp when she laughs. That MITH episode is so hilarious esp when she 's training the boys in a pilates workout, during the charade games. No wonder the boys enjoyed their time with her. In my opinion, i think that's the reason why we saw the other side of HB when with YJ. HB would also tease YJ to see her smile and hear her laugh, not only because she's more beautiful when she smiles, but her laughter is in itself contagious! It brings so much positivity. What a character! 

• Like 3
  • Love 11
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 3

3 hours ago, mcavalerio said:

I think the scriptwriter of CLOY really made the lines with HB and YJ in mind. If you watch that episode 46 and 47 of the Master in the House, Dec 2018, you will recall the scene of Yoon Seri with the 4 North Korean soldiers/ comrades during their picnic, soju drinking and clam eating, and the beer drinking while watching a game event in the restaurant in SK. Yejin is really a gamer! Her beauty radiates so much esp when she laughs. That MITH episode is so hilarious esp when she 's training the boys in a pilates workout, during the charade games. No wonder the boys enjoyed their time with her. In my opinion, i think that's the reason why we saw the other side of HB when with YJ. HB would also tease YJ to see her smile and hear her laugh, not only because she's more beautiful when she smiles, but her laughter is in itself contagious! It brings so much positivity. What a character! 

Oh thanks a lot for telling me those nice details. Btw, do you know where I can watch full epi 46 and 47 of MITH? 

I agree so much with your observation that HB likes to tease YJ just to see her smile and hear her laugh. I myself can't resist to laugh from ear to ear everytime I watch the Compliment Me vid to see HB's reaction as he's shocked to find out YJ's trick, and to hear YJ's contagious laughter. I even had to share that happy dose with my 9 year old daughter and she enjoyed it a lot. She now often asks me about HB and YJ and happily teases me because I watch their movies, vid, fmv every night:D. YJ indeed made me cry (watching her performance), laugh and fall in love with her deeply.

I've added April Snow to my favorites, a quiet, beautiful and touching love story. Imagine our pretty YJ in her prime delivered incredible acting and heart wrenching emotion when she was just 23 in that movie. She was born to become a great actress. You guys should see that movie. Sorry again, I watched it on YT (pretty long, uncut version) with vietsub. The fact that I don't mind watching YJ with other male costars (Bae Yong Joon was aslo amazing in April Snow) but I hesitate to see HB with other female leads in his popular works. On the other hand, I do find him cool and attractive in action movies without beautiful ladies around him, jelly me hahaha. I was so curious once, then watched all episodes of the Worlds Within and quite enjoyed the story. But the level of obsession that drama and the chemistry of the leads put on me is not much as I don't rewatch it meanwhile I do multiple times with CLOY. In my opinion, HB was very happy and earnestly wanted to work with YJ again after TN because he knew he found his right match on screen and hopefully off screen. And CLOY proves that his instinct was so right. I think after spending quality time with his girl and achieveing the mega success with CLOY he will go back to action works for a while. Although his skills are incredibly versatile, he really does shine in that genre.

I fervently wish them the best and can't wait to see their new works and hear whatever good news they want to announce to fans.

• Like 6
  • Love 10

I am looking forward to the future. If they are together (like we all feel), there's a small chance that they will do a K-drama again, so I wish for more movies of them together :)

Speaking of interesting movie concepts for them, here are my dream movie projects for BINJIN: (most are Hollywood films because I'm familiar with them the most)

▪︎psychological thriller (like Gone Girl) - YJ is an antagonist for a change, married couple, both are smart, calculated, plot with a twist

▪︎spy movie (like Mr. & Mrs. Smith) - action-packed, feisty, sexy, competitive, with a bit of comedy

▪︎romantic musical (like La La Land or A Star Is Born, Moulin Rouge!) - equally heart-warming & heart-breaking plot, some singing/dancing (HB sings well, maybe YJ has a hidden singing talent), something fresh to see

▪︎romantic fantasy drama (like Ghost, The Time Traveler's Wife, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button) - mature/unconditional love, love beyond life, a mix of all genres

▪︎ classic romance or war drama set in 1940s or 1950s (like The Notebook or Pearl Harbor) - though CLOY is already a classic, want to see them in a literal classic setting

*** I know Korean producers & writers create great, unique & original stories/plots. These are just so we can visualize how they would look in roles/stories like that. ***

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1