[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

1 hour ago, nightskye said:

I’ve also been reading a lot of old articles about CLOY (from when it was first announced) and it was truly a very risky project for both TVN and BJ. All the comments kept saying how terrible the script would be or how BJ was just a big PR stunt to promote the drama. South Korea is weary about anything involving North Korea nowadays plus the general public was already mad at BJ for not confirming their relationship (even though they would’ve ripped into them for taking up a drama as a couple) so it was just a mess in every aspect. Needless to say, CLOY was a serious risk and its success was not guaranteed in the way that other dramas are, despite the famous writer and A-list leads. The fact that CLOY not only crushed domestic ratings (and with less episodes than the other dramas) but also achieved worldwide acclaim is awe-inspiring, unprecedented and a testament to months of hard work from the cast and crew. This was an underdog effort despite the A-list power of BJ and I know they’re immensely relieved and proud of its success (and probably laughing at how fate works) - so now that I’ve thought about it a bit more, I’m truly happy if they’re happy, even without post-CLOY interviews.

Oh, and I found another article about the show’s relevancy! This article talks about the most streamed Netflix shows for the last week and CLOY is the third most watched Netflix show in the world!!!!!! Almost two months since it ended!! Now THAT is what I call a true masterpiece in every possible aspect. Oh, and the writer of the article also said CLOY is hands down their favourite out of all the shows they’ve watched on Netflix this year :D

Totally agree with you that CLOY had very very high stakes, for Binjin and also the writer and director. I also recall reading some articles and blogsites when CLOY was first announced and also when the first teasers came out. It was SO NEGATIVE, both the articles and also the comments. Everyone predicted that it will BOMB and become a failure. So going into the drama, I was prepared to see a "bad/ cliche" show, and I was kinda worried for both HB and SYJ cuz I like both of them. Esp HB cuz he had a lowly-rated drama before this. Imagine my surprise when I was immediately addicted to the show, though there were still many negative comments in the first 2 episodes. But as the drama progressed, I literally saw the wave shifting as more people caught on and the positive reviews and comments started flooding in! I was really SO HAPPY, esp since I also enjoyed the show so much. I love HB and SYJ's acting and all the supporting cast, the romance and comedy, the emotions and laughter it invokes, the North Korea scenario and the amazing script! I have not been SO ADDICTED to a kdrama since Goblin. And it also made me sign-up for Soompi Forum cuz I needed to share my addiction and feelings with fellow fans. Besides the fantastic SK ratings, I was even happier at the impact it had internationally, and how it propelled both HB and SYJ to a new level of stardom and popularity. Was so happy for the love that they were both receiving!!

And wow, yet again another big praise from a foreign media!! So happy for the whole CLOY team!

• Like 7
  • Love 15

2 hours ago, BJHope said:

The silver lining is that their choices tell me how much HB and SYJ wanted to work together. One could say almost desperate to work together and soon, at that. They risked so much to do CLoY together. That yearning must mean something. It tempts me to think that they saw their relationship as potentially more and thus CLoY might be their final opportunity to act together as professional “soloists” and they went for it. Incredibly brave. There must be plenty of screenplays out there that couples/husband-wife actors could pull off with panache but then again, I’m not in K-ent. I am deeply touched by what BinJin risked and did to protect each other.

Yass.. i think when they mentioned about how they wanted to work together in rom-com project, they (at that time) really Really2 mean it. They wanted to give the viewers about rom com that everybody waiting for. I’m a huge fan of Hollywood romcom, but for the last 10 years Hollywood didn’t give us the romcom that we longing for. The romcom that could warm your heart and make you in love with love again.  The romcom with strong chemistry between leading actor, the rom com with on point characters.

Then TN Happened. They both as an actors knows that their chemistry work. And i strongly believe after TN finished they  work with the script writer and the director to make cloy happened. Its not like they got hand picked for this series.

Is it risky to work together as an actor where the dating scandal hit you again and again? Well.. If you ask me, if i were An  actor my self. I will take any chance to work on project that I KNOW since the beginning this will become something really huge. We can see how confident HB on interviews said that the rating will be good. And he keep mentioned about the chemistry, the supporting cast. And he is 100 percent corrected. HB has an instinct on this matter since he is (or was) CEO him self. 

I assume also probably, both HB and SYJ didn’t say anything (yet) to the fans. Thats probably also part of PR thing. They already calculated during this pandemic (luck on their side) everybody still watching Cloy, with all the memes, parody clip, the fan art, fanfic, souvenir, everything,THEY KNOW, THE AGENCIES KNOW. We all still craving for cloy! So they let it. Theeen when the pandemic seems come to an end (bet on me june/july) they will come out from their nest. And also did you guys realize after cloy eveybody started talking and watching both HB and SYJ past project. And it can give an advantage to HB new movie. 

About the dating announcement? Ohh come on.. no need for dating annoucement. The next move we will get from them is the altar (delulu mind play her role)

But the only question that got me thinking is.. if SYJ just stayin in korea, for like 2 months after the series ended and can’t go out Of the country due  to covid 19.  And her  movement is so limited. What is she doin for two months straigh? Hahahahaha

anyway thank you for the update girls. 

Stay inside and wash your hands

x

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 3
  • Insightful 1

32 minutes ago, Choi sam sook said:

But the only question that got me thinking is.. if SYJ just stayin in korea, for like 2 months after the series ended and can’t go out Of the country due  to covid 19.  And her  movement is so limited. What is she doin for two months straigh? Hahahahaha

Since HB just started filming this week, I'd like to think they are spending time together for the past 2 months! Making babies perhaps? :D Kidding! YJ deserves a wedding 1st :-)

• Like 1
  • Naughty 4
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

58 minutes ago, Choi sam sook said:

Then TN Happened. They both as an actors knows that their chemistry work. And i strongly believe after TN finished they  work with the script writer and the director to make cloy happened. Its not like they got hand picked for this series.

If you are thinking that the worked with the script writer and the director, then that would explain the parallelism of CLOY with their true life and love story. Here are my observations :

1. How shy and reserve RJH ( same as HB)

2. HOw RJH looks after his people ( same as HB )

3. The strict  and authoritative father of RJH ( same as HB )

4. The similarity of the outgoing, bubble and lovely SYR and YJ

5. Episode 12 - the mention of Grocery Boy - and Cross border following of RJH to YSR ( LA grocery in Jan 2019 )

6. Episode 14 - the mention of RALPH in Seri phone searches.

7. There may be more that I failed to mention but last but not the least that I wanted to mention is the Soju drinking

the I want to marry you part and have kids that takes after you..do you guys think that this already happened in

the real world? that sparked the marriage rumors? I remember a mention of one stylist who mentioned it.

Anyhow, so proud of the international recognition that CLOY is receiving. Well deserved.

• Like 10
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 3

A week ago I went for grocery and found a box with a kit for planting tomatoes indoor...just a small pot, a small amount of terrain and 4 or 5 seeds. Nothing complicated. Pour water, then seeds, then cover them up and wait for a week. Today I saw 3 sprouts and that view alone gave me a big smile. I do love plants, but I never attempted to plant a seed like this before. Thanks to our lovely BinJin :) for making me try

• Like 14
  • Love 5

31 minutes ago, PrettyNoona said:

One of the reason that they were very comfortable with each other’s during CLOY filming and were able to create amazing chemistry because they spent so much time as a couple prior. I’m glad they chose CLOY (or perhaps planning CLOY with the writer and director?

YASSS! In romcom world,  chemistry did not imidiamtely appeared. It take time to build a good chemistry between leading actor.

That is why a very succesfull romcom, and all time favouurite romcom is the one who has a strong chemistry between two actors. Remember the romcom hollywood good old days. 

And what really really make me thrilled is that i put another all time favourite romcom played by two beautiful people with their beautiful love story. 

X

• Like 4
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, PrettyNoona said:

noticed since Jan 2019 up to now SYJ is slowing down and only did CLOY. While in the previous years she was always busy not with one but 2 projects a year. 

Actually, this isn’t true. :)We can’t just go by the total number projects because ‘amount of time each project takes’ varies.

CLOY took at least 9 months.

=> preparation: 2-3 months for North Korean accent alone; many other things we don’t know about

=> filming: 6+ months
Filming: ‘The Negotiation’ (only 1.5 months), ‘Be with You’ (3 months), TV drama ‘Pretty Nuna’ (3 months) 

Spoiler

In 2019, Binnie had fan meetings: Seoul (April 13), Taipei (April 20), Hong Kong (May 11). Whenever he has fan meetings, he has to practice singing; 1 to 1.5 months for each song. 

Son Ye-jin usually had a movie released every year. It just happened that she did 3 projects in a row, she accepted them for different factors.

‘TN’: when she read the script, she couldn’t put it down
‘Be with Me’: she wanted to do a melo (rare for film industry nowadays)

‘Pretty Noona’:  her 1st TV drama in 5 years (since Shark in 2013). Her trust/faith in acclaimed director Ahn Pan-seok (White Tower). Been looking for a slice-of-life drama like ‘Alone in Love’.  She was concerned with TV Drama’s hectic shooting schedule, director Ahn Pan-seok assured her that she would get enough rest.

7009AB71-76E5-41B4-B2E2-6E95407399BB.jpg

31C9F17F-C779-452E-A543-CCEB98E5FF25.jpg

B16E74C6-D5C8-45D2-9B94-4744FE828CE6.jpg

Spoiler

9D13C4A6-7FC4-41BE-95BF-73C70FDBE345.jpg

96CB0704-E797-4CF1-8F14-29F2E40865AE.jpg

9C9F62E0-DD0E-4AA1-A268-DEA99106A18F.jpg

388CF1D0-2AA7-45A6-AE62-443EC8833384.jpg

FB962958-D409-4B4F-AC8D-F0656DC06F12.jpg

• Like 10
  • Insightful 7
  • Thanks 7

12 minutes ago, binniejinniecultivator said:

Isn't that the feeling of a woman in-love? You almost always do your own thing, you can drive, carry your groceries or fix things in the house yourself. BUT when you have someone in your life, you give room for him to show that he can do something for you/need him, eventhough you can do anything or buy everything.

YAASSSS!! The last clip from the video that you shared, where HB told our girl to cover her legs. I watched that clip MANY times and tried to analyze. 

See.. as an independant, successfull, rich, beautiful, we women definatelly will carry our own ego. And  we will easly to get offended if  a man try to tell us what to do. Coz like alexa chung once said “No body like being told”. That black skirt she wore is quite short. She of course knows it will lift  up if she is sitting down. I am wearing short skirt because i want the world to see my tone leg. But she keep checking and make sure that her leg was covered but maybe this is SK culture since i keep seing ahe covered her legs with blanket at others interviews. 

In my culture its not usual if your colleague esp man to do what HB does to SYJ (Once again idk much about SK culture) unless youre close already. But then he did it. To me HB tried to claim what’s mine. Even the mc a bit suprise. 

anyway idk, what do i know. 

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

Hi guys...

Hope you're guys still healthy in this pandemic. During this social distancing I've been finished watching our favorite couple drama and movie.

HB movie/drama :

- Rampant

- Confidential Assignment

- Memories Of The Alhambra

- The Negotiation

YJ movie/drama :

- Be with you

- Something in the rain

- A moment to remember

- The Negotiation

And off course on repeat watching the phenomenal CLOY. I guess it's more than five times. :phew: I need to watch another their movie or drama again. 

Anyway, my friends is So Ji Sub fans and when she knew that he got married, she said to me, that it was a broken heart day, but I said to her, "why you should be broken heart of SJS wedding? Isn't it great that your idol find his love and got married?" I mean, I am absolutely HB fans, but I'll be support him and happy that someday he marrying a girl that he love. Especially when he married SYJ. I don't mind at all. I really pray that both of them are get marry soon.

Reason why I shipped them is :

1. I watched CLOY, the chemistry is 100% 

2. And then I find on Youtube to find the CLOY BTS ,and the more I saw the BTS, the more I'm sure of their chemistry

3. More I saw the interview, the swoon, the press con of CLOY

4. Watched the TN and even I can see their flirting, the love is there, I can feel it. 

5. And never forget the grocery store picture.

I saw MOTA and soompi make HB and PSH forum too (but their page is only 58, and this shipper 483 page and still counting, will be stop until they got married and have a baby I guess) , but I saw the MOTA BTS, the interview, even the drama (their chemistry isn't like RJH and YSR) But I love the drama, HB is thinner in here. He is a good actor. And SYJ and Jung Hae In,  the chemistry isn't so many like I saw in CLOY.

2020 is absolutely a year of how you wash your hand correctly. I meant in 2020, human should make something phenomenal, like a car with no wheel or something,  but this pandemic teach us how to wash your hand correctly. Maybe 2021 is gonna be a great year for all of us. 

• Like 4
  • Love 7

5 hours ago, B.J Shopper said:

I’m still thinking... if it weren’t because of this pandemic, we might have heard “THE NEWS” from them.

I am not sure about HB's previous dramas, but I know HB and his costar did not have any post interviews too in MotA, the same as in CLOY. Not sure if it had been the trend for main leads of a kdrama not to have post interviews or only specifically for HB's dramas...

• Insightful 1

2 hours ago, TotoroSY said:

Totally agree with you that CLOY had very very high stakes, for Binjin and also the writer and director. I also recall reading some articles and blogsites when CLOY was first announced and also when the first teasers came out. It was SO NEGATIVE, both the articles and also the comments. Everyone predicted that it will BOMB and become a failure. So going into the drama, I was prepared to see a "bad/ cliche" show, and I was kinda worried for both HB and SYJ cuz I like both of them. Esp HB cuz he had a lowly-rated drama before this. Imagine my surprise when I was immediately addicted to the show, though there were still many negative comments in the first 2 episodes. But as the drama progressed, I literally saw the wave shifting as more people caught on and the positive reviews and comments started flooding in! I was really SO HAPPY, esp since I also enjoyed the show so much. I love HB and SYJ's acting and all the supporting cast, the romance and comedy, the emotions and laughter it invokes, the North Korea scenario and the amazing script! I have not been SO ADDICTED to a kdrama since Goblin. And it also made me sign-up for Soompi Forum cuz I needed to share my addiction and feelings with fellow fans. Besides the fantastic SK ratings, I was even happier at the impact it had internationally, and how it propelled both HB and SYJ to a new level of stardom and popularity. Was so happy for the love that they were both receiving!!

And wow, yet again another big praise from a foreign media!! So happy for the whole CLOY team!

Speaking of the success of CLOY (especially internationally)...

It truly is one of those one-in-maybe-ten years kind of Kdramas. Speaking from my observations from where I come from, it converted a lot of people to wanting to watch Kdramas. For many, CLOY was the first ever kdrama that they've watched and it led to wanting to watch more (with CLOY now being there standard).

CLOY also attracted a lot of male viewers (husbands, bfs, etc.)because, the reality is that, from where I come from anyway, a large majority of those who watch Kdramas are females. But CLOY attracted a lot of male viewers, a demographic that actually (and in all honesty from where I come from) cringe at watching kdramas. An example of this is my brother who used to annoy and make fun of me everytime he sees me watch kdrama. For CLOY, he binged watch it as well. Same is true for my other male high school and college friends, those you don't or least expect to watch kdramas are suddenly posting about how they binge watching, enjoying and taken over by the kdrama craze. A lot of male friends are crushing on Ye Jin, even editing CLOY photos and sticking their faces on Capt. Ri's. Same for the females, sticking their faces on Seri (heck, even the presidential daughter did). 

I have not seen this kind of effect from any other kdramas before, though granting that I'm only been new to this and a casual fan at that. But I as someone who've been exposed and worked in PR and media, this is the first time I'm seeing this kind of effect here. Not may be since BOF, LIP or even Meteor Garden. 

A large part of the that of course is not only the story, but how effective BINJIN is to portraying the characters of Capt. Ri and Seri. People totally got hooked to their love story and fell in love with them. That is how real their love is. Ye Jin made a lot of new international fans because of CLOY. And I admit that I am of those, I never really knew SYJ before CLOY (granting I again that I am also new to kdrama. Know of it, but never really watched nor was a fan), and it made me a really big fan and can't get over her. Now I've watched several of her movies. 

CLOY is truly a feather on the caps of HB and SYJ that even with all their achievements, they might likely be mostly remembered for this (for majority of international fans anyway). So really, congratulations to them and the entire cast and crew of CLOY. This was a really good decision on the part of BINJIN. CLOY is still in the top 5 (#3 last night) here in my country, even two months after the finale.

I'm having mixed feelings of not seeing any BINJIN interviews after the finale especially with the mega success that CLOY is. Happy that they are able to keep their privacy and away from the prying eyes and questions of the media and public speculation. But also sad since I would have wanted to hear their views and reactions on the unexpected worldwide success of CLOY. Wishing them continued success on their professional and personal endeavors though... and keeping the faith... :)

• Like 14
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 2

12 minutes ago, Victoria C said:

I too find it hard to move from CLOY and BinJin couple ...  lost track of how many times I’ve re-watched the dram..... 

Would love to have the link to the fanfic.  Please DM me.  Thanks a bunch!

Dm me i’ll send you :wub:

59 minutes ago, Choi sam sook said:

See.. as an independant, successfull, rich, beautiful, we women definatelly will carry our own ego. And  we will easly to get offended if  a man try to tell us what to do. Coz like alexa chung once said “No body like being told”. That black skirt she wore is quite short. She of course knows it will lift  up if she is sitting down. I am wearing short skirt because i want the world to see my tone leg. But she keep checking and make sure that her leg was covered but maybe this is SK culture since i keep seing ahe covered her legs with blanket at others interviews. 

In my culture its not usual if your colleague esp man to do what HB does to SYJ (Once again idk much about SK culture) unless youre close already. But then he did it. To me HB tried to claim what’s mine. Even the mc a bit suprise. 

anyway idk, what do i know. 

Agree with you! YJ loves to wear sexy outfits ('cause why not when they're toned & sexy, right?") She knows that that black dress with a V-cut on the middle is sexy, but maybe not too mindful that when she sits, the skirt will climb up. I bet when HB saw that black dress, his mind knew right away when it will expose more skin, and protected YJ at the right time.

If it was just a guy friend/co-star, to me, it would be quite out of bounds 'cause "i wore this to show my legs, why are you limiting me?" That, to me, is Boyfriend Energy. Haha.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 3

41 minutes ago, ComeWhatMay said:

I am not sure about HB's previous dramas, but I know HB and his costar did not have any post interviews too in MotA, the same as in CLOY. Not sure if it had been the trend for main leads of a kdrama not to have post interviews or only specifically for HB's dramas...

Of course there was no post-MOTA interview for HB. He went straight to YJ before the show ended.:lol:

As for PSH, I think her performance did not draw enough attention from media (sorry about that but I believe the writer didn't do her justice). Nevertheless, I have read a few interviews with other supporting actors as well as the writer.

• LOL 15

2 hours ago, Riri forever said:

If you are thinking that they worked with the script writer and the director, then that would explain the parallelism of CLOY with their true life and love story. Here are my observations :

1. How shy and reserve RJH ( same as HB)

2. HOw RJH looks after his people ( same as HB )

3. The strict  and authoritative father of RJH ( same as HB )

4. The similarity of the outgoing, bubble and lovely SYR and YJ

5. Episode 12 - the mention of Grocery Boy - and Cross border following of RJH to YSR ( LA grocery in Jan 2019 )

6. Episode 14 - the mention of RALPH in Seri phone searches.

7. There may be more that I failed to mention but last but not the least that I wanted to mention is the Soju drinking

the I want to marry you part and have kids that takes after you..do you guys think that this already happened in

the real world? that sparked the marriage rumors? I remember a mention of one stylist who mentioned it.

8. Both RJH and HB plays the piano very well.

9. Both YSR and YJ loves coffee.

10.Both are cows...Cow Seri and Cow Yejin when it comes to work commitment.

11. Channel 20 is their TVN channel.( HB, YJ, YSR and RJH )

12. HB and RJH loves to cook.

13. YSR and YJ loves to eat ( a lot. )

14. How RJH looks after YSR the same way HB takes care of YJ in all the promos.( like a bodyguard).

Soory but can't help to compare.:D

• Like 7
  • Love 10
  • Awesome 2