[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

@Kari I agree about not pushing our timelines onto them. I'm certainly guilty of this but you are right that they will figure it out on their own and it will work out if it's meant to be. On the one hand, I do like that they are so private and do not seem to be seeking any sort of attention considering what a phenomenal success CLOY has been worldwide. To me, it means they are protecting what is precious to them (aka each other :wub: ) and it shows that what they have is genuine to its core. But on the other hand, I am getting SO desperate for any sort of content - even if it's another IG post of a plant from SYJ lol. At the very least, we would have had the Baeksang Awards to look forward to but alas, that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon. Hope everybody including our Binjin stays safe!

I can't get over how obvious HB is sometimes (or actually, all of the time) lol

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2

01178-D99-1-C29-4294-B278-FF67-C680664-C

The fact that more than 9000 people cared to rate/comment about CLOY is very telling how immensely popular the show is. Goblin and DOTS are hugely popular during their time but now i am convinced that CLOY is on another level. It became a PANDEMIC!!!!

This makes me happy as a BinJin fan because I am quite sure now that there are a lot of BinJin fans out there! Waaaay more than the number of shippers of the other couples of the aforementioned shows. MORE FANS TRANSLATES TO MORE SHIPPERS! MORE SHIPPERS MEANS MORE PEOPLE WHO WILL PRAY DESPERATELY SO THAT HYUN BIN AND YEJIN WILL END UP TOGETHER. So dear Lord, please hear our prayers. Hehe

As Captain Ri once said, " just wait and pray desperately." :heart:

• Like 2
  • Love 11
  • Awesome 3

note: the English subs of these 2 clips are not great, hopefully, we are able to get the overall points. 

The Story of Korean Actor Hyun Bin’s Life & 5 Secrets

The Story of Korean Actress Son Ye-jin’s Life & 5 Secrets

Spoiler

^ Some explanations for the confusing points in the clip: movie ‘Eraser in My Head’ (English title: A Moment to Remember), SBS drama ‘Love Age’ (English title: Alone in Love), movie ‘Cold Love’ (English title: Spellbound).
She doesn’t have a movie that attracted more than 10 million moviegoers yet (The Pirates sold 8.66 million tickets), but there were few failures (meaning most of her movies crossed the break-even point)

Rosy: I’ll reply to your post soon (will gather answers from their interviews on how they choose their projects)

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/15/2020 at 11:32 PM, SuZy Leoo said:

I agree, there was no news as to who he actually spend his actual BD with (not sure if there was a special fan meet celebration), there is still a possibility that he spent it with a special someone. Yea!! i totally suspected that perhaps they already had an advanced BD celebration, hahaha they were in Mongolia from 16-21 Sep (I think). 

He could have also celebrated with his family and had some seaweed soup made by his mom.:) I think he should spend it with family and we should thank HB's mom for giving birth to HB :P

On 4/15/2020 at 10:57 PM, Helena said:

Agree about PT and SG, they were offered to LMH and JH first. 

Reveal hidden contents

I watched many interviews on Be with You, So Ji-sub And Ye-jin were the director’s choice. SJS initially turned down the project because he wasn’t sure he could portray the role of a father convincingly, (the director wrote him a long letter to convince him to accept the project, SJS wouldn’t read it cause he didn’t want to make the decision based on emotions) but he eventually signed on.

We will never know, it could be a project that never materialized. Many announced productions never got made.    

Thanks @Helena again for the information!

I think if he had rejected a project it could have been after 2014 .. because that's when they officially met and said hi and got the same award. But yeah we will never know because it could be some film where both of them eventually didn't take. But I feel like SYJ knows about him already even before they actually worked together because she expressed "surprise?" when she found out HB accepted the role as a villain, so she must know about his past works.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AnnieCheesecake said:

(the director-nim even lost cause he couldn’t with their “closeness” on earlier morning)

I just realized the director-nim was laughing so hard about their hugs to a point he dropped on the floor. Also, I noticed all the staff (with their faces blurred out) were all looking at them. Like 6 of 7 of them.:lol: And they are doing things like no one's around how cute.:P I wonder how those staff feel seeing all this so close up and what they're thinking.  Ahhhhhh how I wish I were there to witness the koala hug in real life. 

And also what about this when they were revising  their scene together being this closer, cheeks to cheeks

I saw this photo many times but I just recently noticed their faces were touching (SYJ's head resting on HB's cheeks) To be honest I would feel awkward even touching this close with my best female friends looking at the same screen. Usually there will be a distance when two people are watching something on the phone. I mean why would our heads decide to touch each other. Maybe it's just me, but if they touch each other like that their closeness body language is being revealed in public and they didn't even notice because it's so natural for them.

we all know that although Yejin gets comfortable with all of her partners she would NEVER get this far with any of her past co-stars AND Binnie wouldn’t ever let another partner of his do this with him ...

Yeah it sounds right, agree! 

Spoiler

I watched her in intimate scenes (ep 1 of Shark drama and April Snow movie) and and I still feel like something is off like a bit feeling of shyness during acting but with HB it's natural and so full of chemistry...

Their recently bts just showed up how in love they’re (I’ll gonna put here again that bts when Binnie interlocked his fingers with Jinnie-that wasn’t on the script AND that he joked about guiding her to the bed :naughty: -spicy I know )

The interlocking fingers thing happens around 0:18 - And notice the way that Binnie’s looked at Jinnie like OMG this man it’s in LOVE plus his amused expression when she accepted interlocking her hands together :heart:.)

The “bed joke thing” happened around 0:20~0:23 

Yeah that look on his face, and that nervousness mixing up the rings and which hand to put it. Or is it just me thinking this? Why would he make such mistakes. Is he creating funny memorable moments on purpose for themselves? :P

11 hours ago, delulufan said:

HB put his TOUNGE into SYJ's mouth when they did reunion zoom out kiss scene (filmed in Switzerland) & close up kiss scene (filmed on the last shooting day in Korea). It is as clear as day! 

And someone mentioned SYJ only had tongue kiss in two dramas, and one of them is CLOY(hope it's true)

[DELETED]

SYJ is intelligent and considerate. HB, PUT A RING ON HER ALREADY!!!B)

6 hours ago, cloyfan said:

I can't get over how obvious HB is sometimes (or actually, all of the time) lol

My delulu mind thinks he was fantasizing kissing her there. Imagine that movie screen was so big and when there's a close up of SYJ looking through the mail box maybe that's when he got some kissing fantasy subconsciously hence the tongue movement. Hmmm, not to mention he made a sound "Oh.." at the end of the clip :P

6 hours ago, CLOYALLL said:

The fact that more than 9000 people cared to rate/comment about CLOY is very telling how immensely popular the show is.

I think even HB and SYJ and the crew probably didn't expect this to be such a HUGE hit. The director said he hoped to achieve 10% ratings (he probably wants more but 10% was a good conservative answer) maybe due to controversies in the drama like the conflict between NK and SK, and some political party had made backlash about the plot and glamorizing NK etc. Who knew it became such a wide hit worldwide and also during pandemic season people stay home and starting finding ways to spend time at home.  Just remembered HB said 22% in Kakaotalk and SYJ was trying to change his thought by saying we shouldn't really care much about the ratings etc. And that was even before the drama started and he was already rooting for 2Ri couple with his proud face. So cute :lol:

Edited by Yanny62
Deleted inaccurate information
  • Like 6
  • Love 5

56 minutes ago, Yanny62 said:

But I feel like SYJ knows about him already even before they actually worked together because she expressed "surprise?" when she found out HB accepted the role as a villain, so she must know about his past works.

She did say at The Swoon Compliment Me video that she's known about his work since she was in middle school, even saying he's the best actor in her life.:wub:

https://youtu.be/b1s6G2ZV_dM

• Like 3
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, PreciousByTheBay said:

She did say at The Swoon Compliment Me video that she's known about his work since she was in middle school, even saying he's the best actor in her life.:wub:

https://youtu.be/b1s6G2ZV_dM

@PreciousByTheBayBut she said she found the info online.  She wrote it like this on purpose with thorough research including the Ireland OST just to trick HB, so that he cannot guess this compliment was written by her.  She said "oppa" in the comment many times just so he knows this girl is younger than him, but SYJ is actually older.  So maybe not everything said there is true hence HB said "There is no sincerity at all!!" But later she said  she will always support him and cheer for him, and this part is true and he accepted and nodded at the end. :) they're so cute together!!!!  

I just love the effort SYJ put in this compliment just to throw HB off. It shows how witty and funny she is.. why would a colleague need to research so much? I'm imagining her googling all the info online and planning on how to write it well with the goal of sounding the least like her and it succeeded lol.  She is competitive even in this way.

I recall she said she didn't watch My lovely Kim Sam soon in one of TN promo.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

7 hours ago, PreciousByTheBay said:

In an interview once quoted here, SYJ said:

"Clearly, love relationships are personal stories. Of course, in the current situation, the current developments especially related to CoVid19 are most important."

If my memory didn’t fail me, the discussion on this forum is this interview is not a legit source. The source is not from Korea media, more like Malaysia or Indonesia. We are doubting she will do an interview with a foreign media instead of Korea media after the huge success of CLOY. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Yanny62 said:

@PreciousByTheBayBut she said she found the info online.  She wrote it like this on purpose with thorough research including the Ireland OST just to trick HB, so that he cannot guess this compliment was written by her. 

I thought about it when she said that as I've heard she's a known prankster. Plus typically, even veteran actors engage in promo scripts in guestings and interviews to engage viewers and attract more people to watch their project.

But then, I often get catapulted back into two things:

1. When they got deemed as celebrities people wanted most to date, that was an early indication of fans wanting to see them together in a project. We can say the fan base had long been already established there. That fan base was further cemented when TN happened. So unlike other celebrities, for their CLOY promo, there was actually no need for them to engage in scripted behavior to bolster or attract viewership. Their established history and the genre of CLOY being a romcom were enough to guarantee success.

2. I agree with you that it is heartwarming and hilarious to see the amount of effort SYJ put in to research about HB just so he could throw him off in the Compliment Me shoot. However, in the more or less two decades of each of them has spent in the industry, with both of them practically achieving growth in maturity in their respective careers in the same industry, it is unlikely that she hasn't, at some point, watched his show or gotten curious about his work. She probably just might have needed a bit of online research to remember the details of what she watched involving him.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Onewaytrain said:

If my memory didn’t fail me, the discussion on this forum is this interview is not a legit source. The source is not from Korea media, more like Malaysia or Indonesia. We are doubting she will do an interview with a foreign media instead of Korea media after the huge success of CLOY. 

I'll check with a Malaysian friend for the website's credibility. :) As in the case of that Taiwanese reporter who talked about the CLOY presscon, it's not unlikely for foreign media to have a question or angle different from what local media usually present.

UPDATE

I saw the website. It seems legit. But I apologize, the quote on personal love relationships and CoVid19 was originally thought of to sound like it was Yejin's but it wasn't. It was the author's final thoughts on the article.

Edited by PreciousByTheBay
SOURCE VERIFICATION
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, BJHope said:

HB’s stiff hands when SYJ tripped. Thank you @AnnieCheesecake  I agree with you. To those who were concerned such as @junejune_16  @PreciousByTheBay, I wouldn’t lose any sleep over this. The Swiss scenes were at the beginning of CLoY filming when relationship rumours were fresh and BinJin would hv been more cautious in front of the camera. Even so, we subsequently saw how often their guard came down. I feel that when assessing anything, including the BinJin relationship, it’s useful to consider the whole set of information and inferences drawn from that when trying to understanding specific incidences, rather than the other way around i.e. zooming in on what we think are lapses and worry it might explain the whole situation. If we do the latter, we run the danger of seeing distortions, of seeing shadows where there are none. So you can relax:).

Oh thank you, but I actually was not overly concerned about it. :) I'm just the type of shipper that considers and analyzes everything. If you go back to my response to @junejune_16, I was actually rationalizing why Binnie acted the way he did. I even told one person here that it was a random concern that quickly dissipated when I saw that the "stiffness in his hands" when catching her was gentlemanly (did not take advantage of her) and was actually a method to steady and balance her (arms clamped on her waist) as embracing her would have sent the both of them down due to the sheer force c/o Yejin's speed and full weight crashing on him.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

45 minutes ago, PreciousByTheBay said:

However, in the more or less two decades of each of them has spent in the industry, with both of them practically achieving growth in maturity in their respective careers in the same industry, it is unlikely that she hasn't, at some point, watched his show or gotten curious about his work. So when she said she first saw him when she was on her second year in middle school, I really think she was telling the truth. :wub: She probably just might have needed a bit of online research to remember the details of what she watched involving him.

I agree with you with the part where she probably at some point had watch his show or has gotten curious about his work perhaps maybe after the 2014 Pifan award ceremony :), as she remembered his nickname in Kim Sam Soon, but i think she made up the story about she first saw him on her the second year in middle school because HB debut in 2003 which means he was 21 years old. And SYJ is born in the same year as him so she was 21 too when HB made it to the screen so she cannot possibly watch him since second year in middle school (I don't know the middle school entrance age in Korea though)

• Like 7
  • Awesome 3

Hi all.. and welcoming new shippers as well. Darlings, please do backread. There are some questions I saw that can be answered well via backreading. But hey, I just feel like posting today so here we go.

One - The quote about YJ thinks that her relationship is private and Covid-19 is more important was from a Malaysian newsies if I'm not mistaken - and the writer apparently took things out of context, or probably it's what the writer felt post-donation. As discussed pageeeeeeeeeees ago, SYJ didn't grant any interviews at all post CLOY and all official news should come first via Korean media. So we can delete that quote whatev aside. As much as it makes our ship glisten somewhat hahaha.

Two - Aigoo the koala hug again. Just chill, peeps. They were shooting a drama. They are pro actors at the end of the day. Though they might have slipped here and there (the one where he failed to swing YJ was one, and these two literally didn't have body gap was two. Very very comfortable eh? Hahahah) but they are actors and they acted according to the direction of the director. Though they might have gotten creative somewhat (e.g. the final kiss was an adlib, and the hug when they had their reunion in Cheongdamdong was an addition as well), and it worked to their advantage. So there.

Three: Compliment Me video. Why why why whyyyyyyyy were we soooo emphasizing on the things which are on paper and go on and on and onnnnnn about it? Try taking a breather and looking at it simply - see Binnie's tone when speaking to her, how she literally gave her actual answer to Binnie (if you can read body language especially when someone is lying, you can clearly see what she did hahaha. The answer was riiiight thereee :p) and Binnie's reaction when she re-read it again.  And the efforts that she made in order to confuse Binnie? Googling things about him and all? That's effort, man. Like you won't do it just to win the competition segment. You want to win and keep the trophy too at all cost (if she hasn't won already hahaha). These two are sooooo comfortable with each other. I have seen other compliment me sections but none as good as them. Take that if you may

Anyhoo, regardless of whatever, I believe they have thrown enough candies for us to lap on - and whatever their relationship is at the moment (friends, bffs, fbs, bf, gf, soulmate etc etc etc...) just wish them all the best :) May God bless these two amen!

• Like 18
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 3

^ I find it funny how in the Ping-pong challenge with Swoon, SYJ quickly named 3 of Binnie's recent movies which all have short names, and HB said perhaps he should have picked movies with longer names. And yet his upcoming movie is another one with short name again. This guy, not only curtail in his speech but also in his movie titles too :)).

3 hours ago, Yanny62 said:

She wrote it like this on purpose with thorough research including the Ireland OST just to trick HB, so that he cannot guess this compliment was written by her.  She said "oppa" in the comment many times just so he knows this girl is younger than him, but SYJ is actually older.  So maybe not everything said there is true hence HB said "There is no sincerity at all!!" But later she said  she will always support him and cheer for him, and this part is true and he accepted and nodded at the end. :) they're so cute together!!!!  

This just shows how really sincere (and serious) he was in his compliment to her (praising her acting and her beauty - of course and as always). I think he was really hoping to hear a similar sincere note from her too but SYJ pretty much turned to to 'NOPE-I-gotta-have-some-fun' mode. Poor guy, wanted some love but got tricked by his lover instead :)) Looks like if they ever get married, their home will always be filled with laughter and positive energy. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, BJHope said:

HB’s stiff hands when SYJ tripped. Thank you @AnnieCheesecake  I agree with you. To those who were concerned such as @junejune_16  @PreciousByTheBay, I wouldn’t lose any sleep over this. The Swiss scenes were at the beginning of CLoY filming when relationship rumours were fresh and BinJin would hv been more cautious in front of the camera. Even so, we subsequently saw how often their guard came down. I feel that when assessing anything, including the BinJin relationship, it’s useful to consider the whole set of information and inferences drawn from that when trying to understanding specific incidences, rather than the other way around i.e. zooming in on what we think are lapses and worry it might explain the whole situation. If we do the latter, we run the danger of seeing distortions, of seeing shadows where there are none. So you can relax:).

When you work on a project, even with a good friend, at almost 24/7 for 6 months straight, don’t u run out of things to talk about or say to each other during break time? Not our BinJin.

She picks bits off him and he picks bits off her. Small, quiet intimacies often speak the loudest.

@BJHopeHi! Wow I thought the picture with SYJ in yellow clothes is part of promo, so this was taken during their waiting time and not included in the official stills? Gorg. This def speaks volume.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Yanny62 said:

I agree with you with the part where she probably at some point had watch his show or has gotten curious about his work perhaps maybe after the 2014 Pifan award ceremony :), as she remembered his nickname in Kim Sam Soon, but i think she made up the story about she first saw him on her the second year in middle school because HB debut in 2003 which means he was 21 years old. And SYJ is born in the same year as him so she was 21 too when HB made it to the screen so she cannot possibly watch him since second year in middle school (I don't know the middle school entrance age in Korea though)

Yeah. That makes sense. I had to go do a bit of math and eventually realized that part. Lol. :joy:

• Like 1