[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

@Wol-sook @sussieh @rookiehistorianAB

Not to beat on a dead horse but I agree that she never dated KNG for these reasons:

1. Watching their videos, it seems he may have been interested in her but she only gave off very platonic and friendly vibes. She was never girly or shy the way she has been with HB. 

2. She categorically denied the rumor herself (and simultaneously friend-zoned him)

"Since the two actors are close, dating rumors started spreading while filming “Pirates.” Son Ye Jin informed that the two didn’t think much of it. She said, “While filming in the countryside, I got a call. Kim Nam Gil asked me, ‘Hey, did you see it?’ and I just answered with, ‘Yeah.”

She also said, “Senior Park Chul Min joked around by saying, ‘You guys should just get married,’ but we didn’t think much of it and said that we were never going to do it. Kim Nam Gil is someone I want to keep by my side as a friend. He’s someone that can always make me laugh.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/632427wpp/actress-son-ye-jin-talks-about-dating-rumor-with-actor-kim-nam-gil

3. She brought it up again in an interview years later calling the rumor "absurd"

You have almost never been involved in controversy or scandal, and especially you seem to stay away when it comes to a hot romantic rumor topic. Is there a secret?

Although there was an absurd rumor, but it never happened at all. It was with actor Kim Nam-gil, after taking two consecutive series, the movie "Pirates" and the drama "Shark", which led to a hot romantic rumor topic, but I had never been to a date so it didn't make sense from the beginning

Let's say if they did indeed date, why would she bring it up again? Wouldn't she just rather let it die on its own? Additionally, if SYJ did date someone, I think she is honest enough to not call it absurd

@Wol-sook If for some tragic reason this ship does not sail to its final destination of happily ever after (which I hope it does and I think there is good potential for it to do so), then HB would likely end up marrying someone younger than him. He has always said that he wants a family and a woman in her late thirties/very early forties is the cutoff to build a family with, so he would probably end up with someone younger. It's just a fact of life. With that said, I think HB and SYJ BOTH realize they have found something special in each other and they have done so at the right time. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

• Like 10

8 hours ago, closetserialaddict said:

Hey, pls take a chill pill.  I didn;t have time to read over the rules. in fact i didn;t notice them. Learn t o read things in context. The first question was rhetorical. I was musing and thinking out loud. I can always edit, which is what i did. As someone has pointed out, this is supposed to be a fun place. Not everyone can keep to the same beat  but I think it's quite clear i am quite taken with the idea of them together and I am rooting for them. 

I read your post as rhetorical not offensive. It was obvious to me you totally support BinJin.

• Like 2

There are continuous discussions about whether SYJ dated her 1st rumored boyfriend, so I want to share my opinions 

I think SYJ dated him before but they broke up

1/ She mentioned in an interview that she planned to get married before 34 but it didn’t go her way & the time match well (she couldn't have time to date a normal person while filming 2 projects in 2013 & 2014 Shark & Pirates

2/ Drama & Movie Staff knew about their romance. They secrectly dated in areas around their home & in Japan (sound similar) - Soompi

2/ There were more than friends moments between them during filming & promo of Shark/ Pirates (less than BinJin for sure)

3/ There was a little bit of T involved in their kiss scene in Shark (I only see this happens twice in all of SYJ’s movies, another one is in Cloy)

4/ He confessed his love for her on air 

5/ SYJ might already break up with him at the time she answered the question about the dating rumor 

6/ They couldn’t continue to cowork in Pirates 2

7/ HB’s reactions when MC of Nego promo mentioned this rumored boyfriend‘s name

She said in an interview that she prefers to date an normal person as there will be no scandals. That’s maybe the reasons why she always want to keep her dating life private

To make it simple: will SYJ ever admit that she used to dated HB in future if they unfortunately can not get married (I don’t think so)

Edited by lalaland
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, nightskye said:

@ncly God, they’re beautiful. These are all from CLOY era but they remind of TN days, when I was so shocked that HB touched her shoulders/arms so casually - whether it be to guide her into place or “protect” her from stairs or crowds - considering his passiveness towards women. This is a man who once called over Yoo In-Na’s stylist to remove a tiny piece of lint off her shoulder :sweatingbullets: Meanwhile with YJ, he’s lifting her in his arms to spin her around despite the director yelling cut, brushing fake snow off her head before her stylist can, pushing her affectionately when she’s “annoying” him and etc, etc, etc. It’s one of the main reasons why I theorize he had a crush on her first, beginning sometime during TN filming (considering he broke up with his then-gf during the filming process) and blossoming into his courtship of her during their promos for the film. She didn’t really touch him in the same manner back then but that clearly changed when CLOY came around, which to me proves the courtship went well and resulted in mutual affection. A man as conservatively professional as HB doesn’t do BF-worthy skinship like that with a woman and just bail, LOL.

I agree. HB is the old-fashion and conservative type when it comes to female co-stars. You'll see how much he maintains the professional space when cameras are not rolling or even during interviews. But the sound is different whenever SYJ is around. He's bubbly, relaxed, laughs alot, laughs showing his teeth, gazes like there is no tomorrow, in short he is like a teenager in love hihihi

• Like 4
  • Love 8

7 hours ago, cris_feliz said:
  1. May i ask why CLOY was stopped for 2 weeks last january 2020? aren't they preparing that time on their wedding day ?haha excuse my delulu mind LOL
  2. Ive heard SYJ was rushed to ER/hospitalized at the last week of Jan 2020, hmmmm maybe she's preggy?HAHAHAHA excuse me again im just making myself kilig LOL how i wish it's true
  3. I havent heard any news from SYJ maybe because, she's hiding herself bcoz of her tummy? and ive noticed she seemed slimmer and slimmer like a woman who's suffering from morning sickness LOL hahaha excuse me again..how we wish right?
  4. Sorry i just missed SYJ AND HB hahahah, if these things happened...or at least one of those bullets that ive mentioned, then get back to me so i can donate a LECHON hahahaha anyway my first time to post LOL

Mam, please read Soompi rules whole-heartedly before posting specially since it's your 1st time here as you have said. :)

To answer your question:

1. It stopped because of the bad weather. Please use Google to find the article

2. She was rushed because of built-up fatigue. Please research the statement of her agency from Jan 2020

3. Covid 19 is very serious in South Korea. Happy to assume that she is spending her time well

4. Everyone misses HB and YJ. Please feel free to browse and read Soompi Rules, previous posts and post tactfully. :)

#InGroceryWeTrust

• Like 6

2 hours ago, txdrama said:

So supposedly HB was filming a new commercial yesterday.  Grabbed a screenshot from @firstzyxx Instagram Stories.  

https://pasteboard.co/J3GgnBa.png

Correct me if I am wrong. This food truck seems to be during the filming of CLOY? I see the title at the top of the van? It looks like Saranhei Buseachat... 

• Insightful 1

I don't think HB would get married with a younger girl if he doesn't end up with YJ.

His previous relationship with an 8 year younger didn't work. His co-star of MOTA PSH who's also 8 years younger than him teased him for being old. lol

Younger girls may just think of him as a seriously handsome and rich, yet old-fashioned man.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, polkadots said:

I agree. HB is the old-fashion and conservative type when it comes to female co-stars. You'll see how much he maintains the professional space when cameras are not rolling or even during interviews. But the sound is different whenever SYJ is around. He's bubbly, relaxed, laughs alot, laughs showing his teeth, gazes like there is no tomorrow, in short he is like a teenager in love hihihi

Literally :bawling: Honest to god, the man stares at her like she’s the only person in the world as if it’s his full time job.

Even in the drama, he’s gangsta until Seri comes along and suddenly he’s putty in her hands. The meal scene with the ducklings where they teased him about coming to SK to protect Seri like a man crazy in love is one of my favs - he’s trying so hard to defend himself until Seri offers him a bite of meat from her chopsticks and suddenly he’s a quiet, mushy loverboy. So, so, so darn cute.

Also, please let’s stop talking about KNG guys - I want to discuss his and SYJ’s relationship just as much as everyone but the mods are on a hair trigger with this thread so let’s refrain from any further dissections. Thank you!

• Like 13
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 4

Who would be most understanding and forgiving to the actors more than their fans?

HB is very vocal of how he is in awe of her talent being an actress. I think he became a fan specially after working with her in TN. His excitement on how he said he really wanted to work with her in a romcom (so specific) is very telling. 

On the other hand, SYJ is obviously a fan of his. She even said that she will be his biggest fan during the Swoon Compliment Me. How can she answer trivia questions on HB's characters over the years correctly if she's not a fan? Okay, given the benefit of the doubt that she hasn't watched his movies/drama, she must have a very good memory. But even then, she must have read it somewhere and keep that in her head (or maybe heart) so as not to forget. 

PS: I love how they look together on screen during interviews. Being top stars as they are, they keep on praising each other's talent. They don't outshine but instead they uplift and make their partner even more beautiful in our eyes. I also love how playful they are, throwing some candies here and there, sometimes forgetting that they are giving too much (remember guys, your agencies issued denials ;)). We aren't complaining, are we :blush: ?

• Like 9
  • Love 10
  • Insightful 1

HB has said in an interview that age doesn't matter as long as she's not older than his mother lol so guys, can we please stop projecting shallow attributes to HB? I think HB dated his previous gfs for their personalities etc. He and SHK dated when I was a HUGE SHK fan. Like with SYJ, he never immediately described SHK as merely pretty. He said their relationship was comfortable and it was easy to talk to SHK. I looked up KSR's interviews and she also seems like a very smart and outgoing woman. 

sorry, I know we're not supposed to mention exes, but I just want to put things in context. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

I don’t mean age to matter in the superficial sense. But age does matter when it comes to building a family. HB is in his late 30s approaching early 40s. He has always made it known that he wants to have a family - and so logically speaking, his hypothetical next relationship would likely be with someone who is younger. I don’t think it would necessarily be someone drastically younger, but fact of life is women do have a biological clock. Yes we can reproduce much later thanks to technology these days, but there is a limit. Again, with that said, I am very hopeful that there won’t be a next relationship and that HB and SYJ have found their forever.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Wol-sook said:

Correct me if I am wrong. This food truck seems to be during the filming of CLOY? I see the title at the top of the van? It looks like Saranhei Buseachat... 

The food truck wad  not sent during the filming of CLOY but the shooting of BODYLUV  yesterday which is a brand of shower head and other articles of daily use. 

Edited by LIYUN XU
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

@Kari Sorry, I didn’t mean you specifically regarding the exes talk! Mentioning him in context is one thing but than people started full on dissecting the dating theory between him and SYJ in length, which isn’t allowed on this thread ><

I also agree on your point about people always considering HB shallow and picky about his gfs - just because they’ve all been beautiful doesn’t imply they’re trophies for him. Literally the first thing out his mouth when asked about what he thinks about SYJ was her bright, cheery personality and awe-inspiring acing prowess - which he reiterates in his following GQ, press conference and Swoon interviews. He’s at the point in his life where marriage becomes a serious implication when dating someone and assuming he’d marry the prettiest girl available is flat out insulting to his intelligence and character. SYJ is literally perfection in every aspect - the symbolic Nation’s First Love - but even a bystander could tell he’s not with her for her looks by watching any of their interviews. Truly meaningful and intrinsic love does not work that way and it’s pretty clear to me that he’s at that point of his affection for her, which proves that he sees beyond her looks and reputation.

• Like 9
  • Love 5

I don’t think anyone here has said that HB is shallow and superficial when it comes to relationships? He doesn’t need a trophy wife because let’s be honest - he’s the trophy :lol: As for how he fell for SYJ, my observation is that he was intrigued by her talent and the intrigue then turned to attraction when he realized what a fun and dynamic personality she has. Her incredible beauty is just the cherry on top 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, cloyfan said:

I don’t mean age to matter in the superficial sense. But age does matter when it comes to building a family. HB is in his late 30s approaching early 40s. He has always made it known that he wants to have a family - and so logically speaking, his hypothetical next relationship would likely be with someone who is younger. I don’t think it would necessarily be someone drastically younger, but fact of life is women do have a biological clock. Yes we can reproduce much later thanks to technology these days, but there is a limit. Again, with that said, I am very hopeful that there won’t be a next relationship and that HB and SYJ have found their forever.

I think we can agree to disagree. You are correct on the age part, I think that's one reason why many older men go for younger women. But HB always strikes me as a guy who prioritizes his partner, so if he's found the right one, he's willing compromise some things. In other words, he's not like other guys lol But that's just my interpretation of him. And yes! Let's hope HB and SYJ have found their forever in each other.

• Like 3
  • Love 3