[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

3 hours ago, flailingfangirl said:

Binnie won popularity (film) award for A Millionaire’s first love and Daesang (TV) for SeGa.

Jinnie won best new film actress (The Classic), best actress (film) for My Wife Got Married and The Last Princess, and best actress (tv) for Alone in Love. Never won Popularity Award.

For the popularity award, she actually got the most votes for ‘Alone in Love’ in 2007; Baeksang didn’t give 3 of the 4 popularity awards to the top vote getters that year; we (“Soompiers”) were just puzzled back then (included soompi award thread below)....

Spoiler

=================

TV: Popularity Award

=================

Female

1. Alone in Love - Son Ye Jin (39.4%)

2. Hwang JinYi - Ha Ji Won (29.4%)

3. Fantasy Couple - Han Ye Seul (16.8%) [winner]

Male

1. Surgeon Bong Dal Hee - Lee Bum Soo (30%) [winner]

2. The Person I Love - Kim Dong Wan (16%)

3. Jumong - Song Il Gook (15.6%)

===================

FILM: Popularity Award

===================

Female

1. Miracle on 1st Street - Ha Ji Won (38.1%)

2. The Restless - Kim Tae Hee (33.7%) [winner]

Male

1. I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK - Jung Ji Hoon / Rain (39.4%)

2. Fly, Daddy, Fly - Lee Jun Ki (37.7%) [winner]

A Fan (on weibo) put together Binnie+YeJin’s appearances at Baeksang 2007 & 2019

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4485743469330467/4485745944835765

43rd Baeksang Arts Awards (2007)

===================

Best Leading Actor (TV)

===================

Hyun Bin - KBS Snow Queen

Song Il Kook - MBC Joo Mong 

Ryu Soo Young - KBS Seoul 1945

Kim Myung Min - MBC White Tower (Winner)

Lee Bum Soo - SBS Surgeon Bong Dal Hee

=====================

Best Leading Actress (TV)

=====================

Son Ye Jin - SBS Alone in love (winner)

Han Ye Seul - MBC Fantasy Couple

Han Hye Jin - MBC Joo Mong

Ha Ji Won - KBS Hwang JinYi

Park Jin Hee - SBS Please come back Soon Ae

55th Baeksang Arts Awards (2019)

2 hours ago, rosy said:

SYJ's acting awards achievements from the 3 most prestigious bodies in Korea.

I get tired of typing as SYJ has won so many awards in her acting career

A fan (on weibo) put together this clip of Ye-jin winning triple crown (means winning Leading Actor/Actress Award at all 3 film award giving bodies: BlueDragon + GrandBell + Baeksang)

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4485732065280028/4485733064683270

Spoiler

29th Blue Dragon film Awards (2008) - Best Actress (My Wife Got Married)

45th Baeksang Arts Awards (2009) - Best Film Actress (My Wife Got Married)

51st Grand Bell Film Awards (2014) - Best Actress (The Pirates)

53rd Grand Bell Film Awards (2016) - Best Actress (The Last Princess) [didn’t attend]

53rd Baeksang Arts Awards (2017) - Best Actress (The Last Princess) 

-Nominees of the awards above-

Blue Dragon 2008: Gong Hyo-jin (Crush & Blush), Kim Yun-jin (Seven Days), Moon So-ri (Forever the Moment), Son Ye-jin (My Wife Got Married), Soo Ae (Sunny)

Baeksang 2009: Gong Hyo-jin (Crush & Blush), Kim Min-seon (Portrait of a Beauty), Kim Hae-sook (Viva! Love), Son Ye-jin (My Wife Got Married), Soo Ae (Sunny)

Grand Bell (2014): Son Ye-jin (The Pirates), Shin Eun-kyung (Miss Granny), Uhm Ji-won (Hope), Jeon Do-yeon (Way Back Home), Chun Woo-hee (Han Gong-ju)

Grand Bell  (2016): Son Ye-jin (The Last Princess), Yoon Yeo-jung (Canola), Kang Ye-won (Insane), Shin Eun-kyung (Missing You), Bae Doona (The  Tunnel), Lee Tae-ran (Twenty Again)

Baeksang (2017): Kim Min-hee (The Handmaiden), Kim Hye-soo (Familyhood), Son Ye-jin (The Last Princess), Yoon Yeo-jung (The Bacchus Lady), Han Ye-ri (Worst Woman)

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3

Is it only actors who can get Daesang? I looked at the list on wikipedia and its says DotS got it in 2016 but it doesnt say which actor won. Can a series as a whole win? 

I think SYJ would definitely get a nom :). I feel like she's comparable to Jennifer Lawrence, in a sense that anything she does gets an award buzz. 

With his new movie filming, i hope HB can still make it. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, doolyfeels said:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1390133wpp/han-hyo-joo-considering-offer-for-the-pirates-sequel-that-kang-ha-neul-is-also-in-talks-for

ah seeing this I guess Ye Jin really did turn down the role of part 2. Makes sense since the whole cast from part 1 did as well

Do you guys know what's common with HHJ and SYJ, apart from they're beautiful actresses?

They both got caught grocery shopping with someone half across the globe. :D

• LOL 16
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

23 minutes ago, doolyfeels said:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1390133wpp/han-hyo-joo-considering-offer-for-the-pirates-sequel-that-kang-ha-neul-is-also-in-talks-for

ah seeing this I guess Ye Jin really did turn down the role of part 2. Makes sense since the whole cast from part 1 did as well

I hope the next news from both of them is the lovely news that all of us waiting for:wub:

really i can’t wait anymore i just want that news :tears:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, rookiehistorianAB said:

Is it only actors who can get Daesang? I looked at the list on wikipedia and its says DotS got it in 2016 but it doesnt say which actor won. Can a series as a whole win? 

I think SYJ would definitely get a nom :). I feel like she's comparable to Jennifer Lawrence, in a sense that anything she does gets an award buzz. 

With his new movie filming, i hope HB can still make it. 

If I recall correctly, there is no nomination for Daesang for Baeksang Awards. There will be nominations in respective category like Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Drama, Best Director, Best Screenplay etc.... and the Daesang is selected from any of these nominations in these categories. 

For example, for 53rd Baeksang Awards, Kim Eun Seok as the writer won the Daesang for best screenplay for Goblin whereas Gong Yoo won for Best Actor and not Daesang.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, charray said:

If I recall correctly, there is no nomination for Daesang for Baeksang Awards. There will be nominations in respective category like Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Drama, Best Director, Best Screenplay etc.... and the Daesang is selected from any of these nominations in these categories. 

For example, for 53rd Baeksang Awards, Kim Eun Seok won the Daesang for Goblin whereas Gong Yoo won for Best Actor and not Daesang.

Oh so that's how it goes. Thanks for the clarification! 

4 hours ago, B.MMM said:

I think PSJ will win the popularity but not Daesang. In Baeksang awards daesang is for huge actors and psj is not an a-lister so maybe he win best actor but i think the daesang is for HB. and best actress is YJ. in awards no one can compete her so she will win;)

If HB win the best actor, the daesang will not be a actor or actress maybe an old sunbae like last year or drama writer like goblin time. 

But my prediction is PSJ for popularity, HB daesang, Doktor2 lead best actor, YJ best actoress, Cloy best drama. (Hope comes true:lol:)

IC was a good drama but the popularity of cloy in korea is sooooo much and also in world. 

I think PSJ is a good actor and IC is good to but is baeksang everything is deferent. 

I hope my prediction will be right:D 

don’t forget the koreans love for IC isn’t that much. at first i thought they can break cloy record cause IC ratings was so good every week they were improving but after a few week they didn’t and no one talk about them in naver. remember on cloy days naver top news was cloy even on no cloy days they was on top but even final ep of IC couldn’t top the list so just don’t worry.

CLoy and BinJin are the best:wub:

We're having an interesting discussion here about awards. :D I am very bad at prediction so really can't tell who will have the highest chance for Daesang....let me give a try : 

I have watched IC and I think PSJ's performance was strong and same for Kim Da Mi, the lead actress. It's also a more serious drama vs CLOY, so that might be a disadvantage for HB and SYJ (sorry, hope it's not too negative, just trying to be realistic and not set my hopes up too high).

But then again on the flip side, Secret Garden was also a Rom.Com like CLOY and HB won his Daesang via his role there. So....both HB and SYJ may still have a chance at Daesang. I think they are likely to be nominated for Best Actor and Best Actress.

IC started strong (in terms of storyline & unpredictable plot) at the first 10 episodes but sort of faltered after that. I think that's why the ratings didn't go up as fast and even went down a bit. CLOY also had a bit of dragginess in the 2/3 point but picked up the last few episodes, hence the ratings started to rise again. And I think CLOY kept the un-predictability better towards the end. 

I also wonder if this year's Daesang will go to an actor/ actress or to a drama or a writer/ director. Hard to predict....Both CLOY and IC has the advantage of being top-of-mind since they are the most recent dramas.

Between HB and SYJ, at first I thot SYJ has a better chance of getting the Daesang (if just comparing the two) as she needed more range and character changes for the role of YSR. Whereas JH tend to be similar in character throughout the drama. But I have also read reviews (but this is just international bloggers) who was very impressed with HB's acting. I rewatched SeGa recently, and can understand why HB won Daesang that year - his role was seriously very challenging as it ranges from comic, anger, emotional, childish, mature and even acting as a female. So....I do still think SYJ's role as YSR has the bigger chance.

But I have a feeling the Daesang this year will either be for a drama or for a writer. :D

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

Hyun Bin Oppa is really reliable and usually it is his co-stars who go ga-ga over him but in case of YJ he would praise her whenever he gets a chance.

Spoiler

PS: Just look at the expressions of HB during Hyde Jekill Me presscon .He rarely met the fl's eyes ,not even when she was praising him.Infact he had almost a straight face.Now compare this with :ph34r: CLOY or TN presscon ,the difference is clear as a day.They also had back to back work ,first in Tha Fatal Encounter and then the drama.And it was the actress at that time who regretted having few  shots together in the movie and wished it would be great to work in a drama.Whereas in the case of Binjin,we all know who  ardently wanted to work again with whom by being quite vocal about his wish not once but many times.

• Like 17
  • Love 5

I agree with you @TotoroSY!

I noticed, however, that not all the drama/actor/actress that were popular that year won. So I wouldn’t count only on popularity, but since their acting was superb in this drama, they have a good chance of winning either of the categories. This also considering the fact that they are both A listers. 

About IC, I was really impressed with PSJ. He has definitely improved as an actor. Anyway, I still believe that HB has a chance of winning. CLOY and IC might battle out for the best drama though (although i haven’t watched possible nominated dramas), since it was excellent for their respective categories (romance for cloy, revenge etc for ic). SYJ is amazing in whatever acting she does, so she still has a fighting chance. That long list of Baeksang Awards proves it much. 

I wish to see them in the red carpet soon. I’m not sure about HB since he might have a filming schedule that time? Let’s pray that this award show will push thru and the covid pandemic will end. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, strongtower said:

Do you guys know what's common with HHJ and SYJ, apart from they're beautiful actresses?

As i read HHJ after her drama project with LJS (2016)that fans also speculated they are in a relationship but both kept denying ..then they wed in 2018..same pattern with our Binjin..hope we are not gonna wait 2 years more:(..for sanity's sake..

4 minutes ago, Riri forever said:

As i read HHJ after her drama project with LJS (2016)that fans also speculated they are in a relationship but both kept denying ..then they wed in 2018..same pattern with our Binjin..hope we are not gonna wait 2 years more:(..for sanity's sake..

It is true that fans speculated about HHJ and LJS but it was only based on their on screen chemistry as well as some ofscreen in the form of bts.But they never got married.Infact she was caught grocery shopping with Kang Dong Won.

2 hours ago, strongtower said:

Yes they both got caught grocery shopping and did back to back projects together .:D

• Like 2

@Helena Thanks so much! Really appreciate it. Though my context earlier was on actual awards being awarded during Baeksang ceremony itself.

Yeah Jinnie is a very accomplished actress who has that triple crown of Korean acting awards, and I have always admired her work of course. It’s always good to read about all her achievements, and NGL how I actually started to like her was when I watched My Wife Got Married with the late Kim Joo Hyuk (he also acted with HB in Confidential Assignment).

It’s just that the context of my discussion earlier was only in relation to Baeksang’s actual awards given to her and the upcoming nominations (fingers crossed she’ll get it together with HB! If I can pray to all deities in the world for this, I would hahaha...), not the other awards. Hope this clarifies ya.

Thanks again :D it’s really a big effort to have all these infos compiled in details. Even I don’t have those in handy all the time hehe.. We all love them both nevertheless :) 

ETA: oh my, this post is the top of the new post, is it? If only I can add something pretty here!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

@eLizza @strongtower ooh I read about that rumour too! And I think they also worked multiple times together. (This is BinJin’s thread so I can’t discuss further but yeah hehehehe).

Just like our Binnie and Jinnie. NGL grocery store is one of the best places to meet people - trust me hahahahaha....

ETA: That 101 video... I know the maker is here -was it wincess? Just want to say I watched it this afternoon and wow, so much feels! :D :D 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Guys, just a reminder that this is a shipping forum thread for Hyun Bin - Son Ye Jin. I see so much talks on IC and PSJ. I think this kind of conversation about Daesang nominees is more appropriate to be discuss in drama forum. CLOY drama forum is still open and we can still share ideas there. 

i think its off topic to discuss about daesang nominations with other actors name on this thread. It just creates more unrelated posts. 

n please please do not discuss about othe couples here. I see few posts talking about other couples. You can talk about the couple in their respective thread. 

please refer to the moderators posts and forum’s shippers guideline. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

Son ye jin is very feisty,fun girl and laugh everytime,while hyun bin kinda serious and calm ,they are compliment to each others.

i mean she have pretty face but she is blended well with these top comedian in korea. she doesnt care her pure image :D

ET2U_NhUUAAgntE?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, charray said:

Despite all the interesting discussion and predictions for this year’s Baeksang, what is at the top of majority of shoppers’ wish list in order of priorities will be:

1) Binjin to go public with their relationship and announce their upcoming wedding.

Honestly, i hope the wedding will only happen in a year or 2 (i absolutely don't mind the dating news though - preferably asap) haha. I fear that if marriage news happpen within this year, it will be one that is rushed or pressured like some of their colleagues who then head towards split-ville. I'd prefer the likes of LBY and JS, KTH and Bi who dated for a long while before marriage, or even JSW and CYR. It shows that it is a decision made rationally, with clear mind and maturity, something that they are freaking sure of. Well of course, that is just my opinion. That said, i am not saying early wedding decisions will definitely head towards splitville. It is just that the nature of their job would need them both to be sure of each other so that they can fight everything just to be together.

3 hours ago, eLizza said:

PS: Just look at the expressions of HB during Hyde Jekill Me presscon .He rarely met the fl's eyes ,not even when she was praising him.Infact he had almost a straight face.Now compare this with :ph34r: CLOY or TN presscon ,the difference is clear as a day.They also had back to back work ,first in Tha Fatal Encounter and then the drama.And it was the actress at that time who regretted having few  shots together in the movie and wished it would be great to work in a drama.Whereas in the case of Binjin,we all know who  ardently wanted to work again with whom by being quite vocal about his wish not once but many times.

This is so true. While Binjin attributed their chemistry to the fact that they are same-age colleagues hence the ultra comfort level, HB and his Hyde Jekyll Me fl are also of same age, with the fl debuting similar period as SYJ..(ps is this comparison even  allowed on this tread? Otherwise, i will strike it out) hhmmmmm why is it that we can all see the differences in how you treat your female leads, HB oppa? Stop wearing your emotions on your sleeve and then denying it pls... quit toying with my fragile heart.

Edited by BinforJin
  • Like 10
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, LoverboyBin said:

I wish to see them in the red carpet soon. I’m not sure about HB since he might have a filming schedule that time? Let’s pray that this award show will push thru and the covid pandemic will end. 

If HB and SYJ are nominated for Best Actor/ Actress for Baeksang, I am quite sure they will walk the red carpet. For HB, as long as he is in Seoul, even if filming, I am sure he will still go. Baeksang is TOO big an event to miss. Unless, he happens to be filming overseas (pray he will be in SK at that time!).

Found this rather rare picture of Hyun Bin with a baby! Seems it's from way back 2009. Anyone have any idea who's the baby he's holding?

90143480_10158318186853474_5552171710360

I haven't seen some of YJ's young photos here. She is really so so super pretty! Which guy wouldn't fall for her?

son-ye-jin.jpg

• Like 16
  • Love 6