[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

Hello fellow shoppers and shippers

Just random thoughts here. 

I wonder if there any studio or drama productions who will be interested to get HB and SYJ for a drama anthology to be shown as special series and shown in netflix? Let's say a 1.5 hrs 4-series weekly or once a month?

GLOBAL RECEPTION

Let's face it. After CLOY, many people are waiting to see or hear from them and this will be a missed opportunity not to strike while the iron is hot. There are so many suggestions for a genre here (Mr and Mrs Smith, period movie, etc). I trust both their tastes in choosing the right project.

CLOY will become more famous since not all countries have started airing them and still waiting. With the CVOD19, many people are just staying home and do netflix binging. Based from feedbacks from friends abroad and locally, they've heard about CLOY but not a fan of kdramas. Since they got curious based from posts from social media, they take a dive and now they are all hooked.

I hope other social media outlets or news media will also start doing english sub when posting anything about HB and SYJ since many fans across the globe devours anything and everything about them. Yes, that's how  popular and addictive they are. Even my friends overseas will buy their magazines or anything that showcase them even if its in Korean.

MASTERCLASS OF BINJIN

As a viewer, I would love to see them act in different genres to really showcase their acting prowess. I've been intermittently watching Korean movies and dramas but never got hooked like this. After watching CLOY, i started watching their previous projects and movies and man oh man, they are soooo good individually. But after watching The Negotiation and  CLOY, their combination is lethal and very powerful. You couldn't take your eyes off the screen. It's like a sin to blink and missed the nuances of their acting. It's like masterclass in acting and these two should have their own monuments and become a national treasure of South Korea.

TICK.TOCK.TICK.TOCK

Both of them are reaching their peak age  (they're not getting any younger) and they are now limited in what roles they can do. But they still have more to give and more to show us.  Much as i love them in a new series, their popularity means schedule and availability is a nightmare to get them together that will match.  Health issue is also a concern with almost months of gruelling shooting.Having a short anthology means less than few weeks of shooting and will not clash with any of their committments.  So its a win-win. They can also play various roles in different setting every series.

Being an A-lister actors with huge following can guarantee success in their respective projects as long as its a great plot and casting like CLOY. They can also act on various famous writers story like Kim Eun-Sook and again with Park Ji-Eun or any budding great writers in the industry. hope film/drama studios can grab both of them to do more projects TOGETHER. I know its rare in South Korea to have actors do projects twice...But they're HYUN BIN and SON YEJIN. No need to say anymore. 

CLOY will go in history as one of the best CLASSIC drama of all time. Capt Ri Jeong Hyukand Yoon Se Ri characters will become legendary. Ratings is good but beating CLOY for me is not that relevant since kpop is big and there more fans in younger generation who are after younger and more popular idols. But do they make a mark in people's lives like CLOY?

THE POWER OF SOCIAL MEDIA

Not sure how it works in South Korea, but countries like USA, there's a special unit of each media company who monitors the pulse of netizens. if netizens or audience strongly react negatively to a character in their show or series, then they immediately make changes to the show. They listen to the needs and wants of the people. Though many are saying that they want to see HB and SYJ in another project, I hope shippers and shoppers use the power of their fingers (social media) by letting them know what they want and pray that the bosses will listen.

The world is their stage and I feel humble to be a spectator in watching them unfold their talent. More so, in watching their real  life story:blush:

Having said that, What genres or type of story would you like to see them?

• Like 11
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 3

If you have a best friend who looks at you like that, just imagine how hard it is for the potential boyfriend. He definitely will find himself second best. Same goes to the potential girlfriend, how to compete with the Woman who had your bf look at her like that??? :lol:

• Like 9
  • LOL 13

8 hours ago, queenie said:

Totally agree. I watched The Negotiation when it's first released in my country ~10/2018 and back then I wasn't a shipper or not even a HB/SYJ fan, just a normal moviegoer. Didn't have much expectation but I end up really impressed because of the strong chemistry and tension between 2 leads. Especially in the last scene when they met, I shed a tear or two because HB's eyes were so haunting, full of mixed emotions: angry, damaged, regret. And so do SYJ eyes. It's an action crime movie but somehow their acting make it feels like a subtle sad love story, even though no love word was spoken. I went to cinema a lot and most of the time I forget the movie right after it ends, but for Negotiation I still remember til today. Fast forward to CLOY 12/2019, I surprisingly realize this is the 2 leads in Negotiation, and again chemistry is up to the roof. Out of curiosity, I watch an interview video of them, then another, then ALL of their interviews, BTS, swoon videos and officially become a shipper. BinJin is truly addictive and mesmerizing. I never know I can fall in love with a couple this much!

Agree with you 100% . I have never thought that I could fall in love with a couple this much....I saw a lot of KDrama and american or english movies. But never once I would fantasize or ship a couple before.  I did like Songsong couple but only read about them occasionally and was happy when they tied the knot. Unfortunately it didnt last. Sad .  I have been a fan of Son Ye jin for a few years because of her exquisite beauty and superb acting. But only began to notice hyun bin after watching TN.  Looking at all the IG updates , TN promo on u tube and tweeter post , i began shipping Binjin couple. They genuinely are fond of each other. After seeing the grocery pic , I am convince they are more than friends. Seeing their chemi in CLOY is just amazing and looking at their BTS makes me want to see them through till the end...hopefully there is a good ending for both their freindship ....afterall a happy marriage and having a stable family is the next best thing to own after having so much personal success in their career. I believe Binjin is stronger and better together than being apart. #ingrocerywetrust

• Like 15
  • Love 7

2 hours ago, itspeanutbutterjellytime said:

Is anyone else thinking whether Hyun Bin got Son Ye Jin the puppy that she wanted for the new year? :unsure: Nope? Just me? So thirsty :sweatingbullets:

I'm curious too! After all Hyun Bin is an avid dog lover! She seemed really sad about the passing of her puppy :( Hopefully her next one will stay with her until it grows old. 

2 hours ago, RiRiCrashedOnMe said:

if netizens or audience strongly react negatively to a character in their show or series, then they immediately make changes to the show.

This is how Korean drama productions work! They make episodes about 2-3 episodes ahead and study public reception. The writer changes the story accordingly if she wants to and often good productions may extend episodes. 

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Helena said:

- Scene after Chae Yoon showering, her colleague came to her house. Hyun Bin said “Now as he comes in, shouldn’t you do something to him? Shouldn’t you capture him? Isn’t it a habit”. I have no idea why they laughed so hard at this joke.

Omg, what is this joke? :rolleyes: So many naughty imaginations sparkle in my head :joy: 

10 hours ago, Helena said:

- The last part when he cursed the bureaucras with very hash words in Korean, Director asked “Normally you don’t curse right”. Hyun Bin responded shockingly “Yes, I do it occasionally when I’m alone”. Both Bin and Jin laughed very hard after that. She continued his words “You cursed constantly when you are alone”.  “Yes, Whenever I’m alone, I curse” he replied.

Aw, even if they're not dating, they will be great friends too. I love it when I'm with a friend and he/she understands my joke and continues me.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, TotoroSY said:

Wow, they are showing The Negotiation again in Singapore? Do you think it's due to CLOY and Binjin's recent hike in popularity?

Yup, just on 7th and 8th March though. But yes, I believe it's because of CLOY and BinJin's hike in popularity. There was only 1 slot available for each day and the cinema was pretty much filled up. Also, I was trying to eavesdrop on responses from the audience during and after the movie and it seems pretty positive. I had 2 middle-aged men (separate individuals) sitting on my left, and I was very sure they were entertained by the movie judging from their responses throughout the movie. And I heard a couple and 2 girl friends discussing about the movie pretty excitedly after the movie. I am definitely happy with the positive vibes from the audience after the movie.

• Like 13
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

47 minutes ago, sharluvsenergy said:

Yup, just on 7th and 8th March though. But yes, I believe it's because of CLOY and BinJin's hike in popularity. There was only 1 slot available for each day and the cinema was pretty much filled up. Also, I was trying to eavesdrop on responses from the audience during and after the movie and it seems pretty positive. I had 2 middle-aged men (separate individuals) sitting on my left, and I was very sure they were entertained by the movie judging from their responses throughout the movie. And I heard a couple and 2 girl friends discussing about the movie pretty excitedly after the movie. I am definitely happy with the positive vibes from the audience after the movie.

Thanks for replying! That’s really great to hear and I’m so happy that both HB and SYJ are gaining fans and recognition all over Asia and the world. The cinema was so smart to do this cuz I think it got people out of their house into the cinema van staying home (cuz of Covid-19). Binjin can really move people into the cinema!

I’ve also come across this NK defectors reaction video - it again confirms that many of the storyline in CLOY really takes place in NK, like elite studying abroad, arranged marriages etc.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, Moonstarmagick said:

I am not sure though if anybody here already knew that in one event, HB was greeting the staff of SITR during a specific TN promo tour. It was my first time to see that. So I kind of energized myself again good until I get off from work. (thanks to my friend who tagged me in that tweet) 

I think it is so sweet to know who your "close friend" is working with (esp when you find out that the number of kissing scenes are so many!) . Hahaha. How did he know them? I am not sure. 

I will leave that to your individual imaginations and assumptions. 

Yeah. HB probably did it out of respect/ courtesy to all people working in the same industry... but his action makes my heart flutter, and when looking at SYJ pointing at those people in respond to his greetings kind of add another level of intimacy between the two :wub: love it. 

#thedroughtisreal

#ingrocerywetrust

#inriricouplewetrust

• Like 15
  • Love 1