[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

17 hours ago, eLizza said:

@pnaysurfer84 biased opinion as in???

Is it very good or the opposite.I know ratings speak the volume so there must be something unique. But every weekend I keep on praying that its rating jump slows down.It has been taking Kangaroo steps ever since 2 epi. I don't have anything against it as I haven't seen it yet  but CLOY is our bias and I don't want anyone to surpass it.Sometimes I console myself that even if it exceeds CLOY's ratings,it won't be able to match the international praise and attention that CLOY is getting.I can openly express my current woe here because this thread is dedicated to CLOY and binjin fans .If I show my concern somewhere else,I will be bashed by trollers:joy:.

Lol. Actually I'm watching IC. There was only a slight increase in the latest Sat episode from the Fri ep. But I guess it will climb up in the next episodes because it will "time lapse/forward" to the current year which I believe will build more momentum.

But with all honesty, they are 2 different drama genres. Personally, I'm liking CLOY more than IC. :wub: I love the combination of romance, humor and drama in CLOY. The humor is a big asset of CLOY but the biggest asset is BinJin couple, so much chemistry backed up with excellent acting skills. :wub:

• Like 6
  • Unamused 1
  • Love 7

It's really nice to finally get some updates on SYJ, even if it's on a more somber note about coronavirus. She must have been so worried about her parents and Daegu, and at the rapid escalation of the epidemic in South Korea. It took everyone by surprise and pretty worrying. Hope all will stay safe.

Another new article on the impact of CLOY, this time on Hyun Bin's popularity. He was even at top ranking on China's social media (I think it's amongst Korean/ foreign stars).

https://www.hancinema.net/hyun-bin-strengthens-his-reputation-as-a-rom-com-god-through-crash-landing-on-you-139058-amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Hyun Bin Strengthens His Reputation as a 'Rom-Com God' Through "Crash Landing on You"

photo1157783.jpg

Actor Hyun Bin has caused another sensation in Asia.

The actor recently played the greatest character of his career; Ri Jeong-hyeok in "Crash Landing on You" and he's still got Asia in a frenzy even though the drama is over. He's always been noted for his deep acting, but his romantic performance in this drama is exceptionally special.

His character, Ri Jeong-hyeok, earned the nickname 'God's favorite' for his outstanding looks, and as his feelings for Yoon Se-ri (Son Ye-jin) developed, he turned into a sweetheart in every episode.

He didn't just stop in expressing his character so perfectly, but he let out the special talents he gained through his past romantic works and lit a fire in the hearts of every woman in every age range.

Hyun Bin increased the character's charm 200% by being reliable for Se-ri, remembering every tiny thing she says, being considerate of Se-ri's feelings by showing her his feelings instead of just talking, confessing to her under intoxication and being so pure-hearted in front of the piano, and more.

As for the genre of the drama being more of an ideal fantasy, which could appear cheesy, Hyun Bin increased the immersion in it with his performance. Because of the concept that he's a North Korean soldier, he had to say all his lines in the Northern dialect, but managed to pull off every scene with this challenge.

Hyun Bin's character won the hearts of fans all over Asia, not just Korea. Even after the drama, Asian fans have been spreading the love all over the Internet. He's topped the Chinese social media metrics and was featured in main frames of major Chinese media, as well as other overseas media.

Hyun Bin chose director Yim Soon-rye's "Bargaining" as his next piece of work and fans look forward to his hard work in the year 2020.

"Crash Landing on You" is directed by Lee Jeong-hyo, written by Park Ji-eun, and features Hyun BinSon Ye-jinSeo Ji-hyeKim Jung-hyunKim Sun-youngKim Jung-nan. Broadcasting information in Korea: 2019/12/14~2020/02/16, Sat, Sun 21:00 on tvN.

6 hours ago, Pink_Bubbles4U said:

I would like to think the tweet is fake news.  Shippers please help to verify / clarify!

It's a high chance that this is a troller, or at least a very irresponsible person. Should ignore and even report for malicious post that may impact the reputation of HB or SYJ.

Though I don't wanna nag or be too serious again (prefer to keep it light and fun in this thread), just wanted to share something that shows our discussion here at Soompi Forum is read by others and reposted.

- This is my own recent experience : I posted a youtube link about a NK judo player who fell in love with a taiwanese judo player, then he defected to SK and they got married. They dated for 4 years but only met once a year during international judo competition. One or 2 days after my post, I was SO SURPRISE to find this same story posted on twitter. Of course there's nothing wrong with that, but it shows both CLOY and BINJIN thread/ stories here is read and may be reposted on social media. I also read another twitter account that made reference to Soompi Forum Binjin/ CLOY thread.

Just wanted to share...

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

[Koreatimes] A recent Gallup poll found "Mr. Trot" is Koreans' favorite TV show this month. The survey, which was conducted among 1,002 viewers between Feb. 18 and 20, showed that 11.4 percent of respondents showed support for the TV Chosun program. It is the third reality TV show ever to have amassed votes in the 10 percent range, following MBC's "Infinite Challenge" (16 percent in January 2015) and JTBC's "Ssulzun" (13.4 percent in March 2017).

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111315709

1. Mr Trot (TV Chosun) - 11.4%
2. Crash Landing on You (tvN) - 9.1%

3. Itawon Class (JBTC) - 5.2%

4. Romantic Mr Kim 2 (SBS) - 5.0%

5. Down the Flower Path (KBS1) - 3.9%

6. I am a Natural Person (MBN) - 3.4%
7. I Live Alone (MBC) - 3.3%

8. Hot Stove League (SBS) - 3.0%

9. Hangout with Yoo (MBC) - 2.4%
10. Gracious Revenge (KBS2) - 2.3%

The most recent episode of Mr. Trot (singing competition program) passed 30% rating (the 1st cable program to do so).

TV Chosun rising as JTBC falters

28-D4-C0-E5-4069-4438-9316-298163286633.

Coronavirus, Cho Kuk scandal boost TV Chosun 

By Park Ji-won

Spurred by the recent surge in news and reality shows, TV Chosun has been roaring and has outperformed its rival JTBC in the ratings race among television networks. 

The channel's rise in popularity has been evident in the success of its hit singing competition "Mr. Trot" which has aired every Thursday since January. The audition show, created to select Korea's next top male trot singers, has continued to break the TV network's viewership ratings records. The the latest episode, which aired last Thursday, hit 30.4 percent, becoming the first cable network ever to surpass the 30-percent range. 

A recent Gallup poll found "Mr. Trot" is Koreans' favorite TV show this month. The survey, which was conducted among 1,002 viewers between Feb. 18 and 20, showed that 11.4 percent of respondents showed support for the TV Chosun program. It is the third reality TV show ever to have amassed votes in the 10 percent range, following MBC's "Infinite Challenge" (16 percent in January 2015) and JTBC's "Ssulzun" (13.4 percent in March 2017).

A few weeks ago, "Mr. Trot" broke the ratings record set by JTBC's hit TV series "SKY Castle," which gained 23.8 percent of the viewership in February last year. 

The phenomenal success of the show has created a 'trot boom', generating similar TV shows, such as "I am a Trot Singer," on other television networks. 

In the wake of the deadly coronavirus outbreak, TV Chosun's news coverage has also leaped forward to outpace rival JTBC. 

According to survey firm TNMS Tuesday, TV Chosun and KBS news shows are currently the two most popular sources of news about the virus. TV Chosun's nightly news broadcast, which airs at 9 p.m. on weekdays, garnered 4.6 percent of ratings ― up 1.3 percentage points from the previous week. KBS topped the most watched news list with 15.5 percent. 

The rise of TV Chosun and the fall of JTBC in terms of news shows began in August last year, when former senior presidential secretary for civil affairs Cho Kuk was nominated to become justice minister. 

The coronavirus outbreak has become another turning point for the shift in news show ratings between TV Chosun and JTBC, as increasing number of viewers tune into TV Chosun for updated news about the killer virus. As of Wednesday afternoon, over 1,100 people were confirmed to have been infected with the virus, and 12 people had died. 

The TV Chosun-JTBC news show rivalry is something few imagined would happen back in December 2011, when several television networks were launched after years of legislative battles. Like other networks, such as Channel A and MBN, TV Chosun and JTBC were portrayed as television networks with no future; largely because the news market at that time was dominated by three national broadcasters ― KBS, MBC and SBS. 

At the time, KBS topped the ratings with 18. 1 percent followed by SBS (10.1 percent) and MBC. TV Chosun and JTBC could not compete with the big three in terms of ratings. 

A dramatic change came in October 2016 when then-President Park Geun-hye was mired in a corruption scandal involving her long-time friend Choi Soon-sil.

JTBC's ground-breaking scoop on the so-called 'Choi's tablet PC' became a game changer in the television news market, elevating the once minor news channel into a major news show. At its peak, JTBC's prime-time news show marked 18 percent. The surge of JTBC at that point was a precursor to the decline of the big three national channels, and there was a dramatic shift in favor of JTBC in the ratings race in the television news market. 

Yearly surveys by weekly magazine Sisa In show that JTBC has been considered the most credible news source among TV viewers since 2017.

A survey by Mediatoday of 1000 people between Dec. 28 and Jan. 1 showed that JTBC earned 21 percent in its media credibility, while TV Chosun earned 15 percent in the same period. Compared to March 2018, the ratings for JTBC dropped 21 percentage points while TV Chosun gained 7 percentage points.

Korea's aging population seems to be another factor helping the rise of TV Chosun, as it is the preferred channel of older Koreans.

In 2018, the number of people in Korea aged over 65 increased by 5 percent year-on-year to 7.11 million, accounting for 14 percent of the total population. Korea is also expected to become the world's most aged society by 2067, thanks to a low national birth rate coinciding with a fast-aging population.

Another survey by Mediatoday showed that those aged over 60 accounted for 40 percent of the viewers of the first five episodes of "Mr. Trot" while viewers aged between 50 and 59 accounted for 27.8 percent, meaning seven out of 10 viewers of the program were aged over 50.

"Elderly people prefer to watch the cable channels. The audition program successfully combined music and performances they know and love," music critic Jung Min-jae said.

source: https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2020/02/688_285157.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Helena said:

[Koreatimes] A recent Gallup poll found "Mr. Trot" is Koreans' favorite TV show this month. The survey, which was conducted among 1,002 viewers between Feb. 18 and 20, showed that 11.4 percent of respondents showed support for the TV Chosun program. It is the third reality TV show ever to have amassed votes in the 10 percent range, following MBC's "Infinite Challenge" (16 percent in January 2015) and JTBC's "Ssulzun" (13.4 percent in March 2017).

1. Mr Trot (TV Chosun) - 11.4%
2. Crash Landing on You (tvN) - 9.1%

3. Itawon Class (JBTC) - 5.2%

4. Romantic Mr Kim 2 (SBS) - 5.0%

The most recent episode of Mr. Trot (singing competition program) passed 30% rating (the 1st cable program to do so).

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2020/02/688_285157.html

TV Chosun rising as JTBC falters

Coronavirus, Cho Kuk scandal boost TV Chosun 

By Park Ji-won

Spurred by the recent surge in news and reality shows, TV Chosun has been roaring and has outperformed its rival JTBC in the ratings race among television networks. 

The channel's rise in popularity has been evident in the success of its hit singing competition "Mr. Trot" which has aired every Thursday since January. The audition show, created to select Korea's next top male trot singers, has continued to break the TV network's viewership ratings records. The the latest episode, which aired last Thursday, hit 30.4 percent, becoming the first cable network ever to surpass the 30-percent range. 

A recent Gallup poll found "Mr. Trot" is Koreans' favorite TV show this month. The survey, which was conducted among 1,002 viewers between Feb. 18 and 20, showed that 11.4 percent of respondents showed support for the TV Chosun program. It is the third reality TV show ever to have amassed votes in the 10 percent range, following MBC's "Infinite Challenge" (16 percent in January 2015) and JTBC's "Ssulzun" (13.4 percent in March 2017).

A few weeks ago, "Mr. Trot" broke the ratings record set by JTBC's hit TV series "SKY Castle," which gained 23.8 percent of the viewership in February last year. 

The phenomenal success of the show has created a 'trot boom', generating similar TV shows, such as "I am a Trot Singer," on other television networks. 

In the wake of the deadly coronavirus outbreak, TV Chosun's news coverage has also leaped forward to outpace rival JTBC. 

According to survey firm TNMS Tuesday, TV Chosun and KBS news shows are currently the two most popular sources of news about the virus. TV Chosun's nightly news broadcast, which airs at 9 p.m. on weekdays, garnered 4.6 percent of ratings ― up 1.3 percentage points from the previous week. KBS topped the most watched news list with 15.5 percent. 

The rise of TV Chosun and the fall of JTBC in terms of news shows began in August last year, when former senior presidential secretary for civil affairs Cho Kuk was nominated to become justice minister. 

The coronavirus outbreak has become another turning point for the shift in news show ratings between TV Chosun and JTBC, as increasing number of viewers tune into TV Chosun for updated news about the killer virus. As of Wednesday afternoon, over 1,100 people were confirmed to have been infected with the virus, and 12 people had died. 

The TV Chosun-JTBC news show rivalry is something few imagined would happen back in December 2011, when several television networks were launched after years of legislative battles. Like other networks, such as Channel A and MBN, TV Chosun and JTBC were portrayed as television networks with no future; largely because the news market at that time was dominated by three national broadcasters ― KBS, MBC and SBS. 

At the time, KBS topped the ratings with 18. 1 percent followed by SBS (10.1 percent) and MBC. TV Chosun and JTBC could not compete with the big three in terms of ratings. 

A dramatic change came in October 2016 when then-President Park Geun-hye was mired in a corruption scandal involving her long-time friend Choi Soon-sil.

JTBC's ground-breaking scoop on the so-called 'Choi's tablet PC' became a game changer in the television news market, elevating the once minor news channel into a major news show. At its peak, JTBC's prime-time news show marked 18 percent. The surge of JTBC at that point was a precursor to the decline of the big three national channels, and there was a dramatic shift in favor of JTBC in the ratings race in the television news market. 

Yearly surveys by weekly magazine Sisa In show that JTBC has been considered the most credible news source among TV viewers since 2017.

A survey by Mediatoday of 1000 people between Dec. 28 and Jan. 1 showed that JTBC earned 21 percent in its media credibility, while TV Chosun earned 15 percent in the same period. Compared to March 2018, the ratings for JTBC dropped 21 percentage points while TV Chosun gained 7 percentage points.

Korea's aging population seems to be another factor helping the rise of TV Chosun, as it is the preferred channel of older Koreans.

In 2018, the number of people in Korea aged over 65 increased by 5 percent year-on-year to 7.11 million, accounting for 14 percent of the total population. Korea is also expected to become the world's most aged society by 2067, thanks to a low national birth rate coinciding with a fast-aging population.
Another survey by Mediatoday showed that those aged over 60 accounted for 40 percent of the viewers of the first five episodes of "Mr. Trot" while viewers aged between 50 and 59 accounted for 27.8 percent, meaning seven out of 10 viewers of the program were aged over 50.

"Elderly people prefer to watch the cable channels. The audition program successfully combined music and performances they know and love," music critic Jung Min-jae said.

So CLOY still remain as the popular one for drama. :heart:

• Awesome 6

http://mengnews.joins.com/view.aspx?gCat=020&aId=3074295

Productions stalled, theaters empty due to virus: Shoots abroad have been put on hold as countries ban Koreans from entering

Feb 27,2020

EB9DEBEC-F146-47C0-91ED-F1F6EBFD19FA.jpg
The film industry is struggling due to the ongoing spread of the coronavirus. Many people are avoiding theaters and production teams have faced troubles while shooting movies as some countries ban travelers from Korea. [NEWS1]

With more countries blocking the entry of visitors coming from Korea, some movie production companies can’t go overseas to film scenes needed for upcoming movies. Blocked entry to Jordan has been the greatest hurdle for the team that’s making the movie tentatively called “Negotiation,” starring actor Hyun Bin and Hwang Jung-min. 

The movie is being directed by Yim Soon-rye and has 10 billion won ($8.2 million) worth of investment. 

The day after the Jordan government announced its decision to block entries from Korea to prevent the spread of coronavirus earlier this week, the production team started discussions on what to do next. The movie is about rescuing a Korean who’s kidnapped in the Middle East. Hwang plays a diplomat while Hyun Bin plays a national security agent, and filming was supposed to start in Jordan in March.  

An official with the film’s distribution company Megabox Plus M said the announcement came while some members of the production team were checking out locations for filming the movie. The team is now not only going to check if they can reschedule the filming date but also inspect other possible filming sites in different countries. 

Jordan first captured the eyes of TV fans in Korea when tvN introduced the country for the first time in a local TV drama with its hit “Misaeng: The Incomplete” in 2014. Its exotic scenes put the country on the map as a location for a number of Korean TV shows and films.  

With the hurdles the team has faced, the production team for another movie tentatively called “Kidnap” that takes place in the Middle East is also getting nervous. The movie is scheduled to film in Morocco next month. 

The film tells the story of a diplomat being kidnapped in Beirut, Lebanon, in 1986, and it stars actors Ha Jung-woo and Ju Ji-hoon. Morocco has yet to ban anyone from coming into the country, yet the team is nervous because the situation can change at any time if more cases of coronavirus are reported. The film’s distribution company Showbox said it is carefully checking the situation as shooting is supposed to begin at the end of next month. 

An official with the Korea Film Council said the banning of entering the country due to the reason of quarantine is unheard of when the purpose of visiting is to film. 

Filming sites throughout Korea are also taking extra precautions to prevent the spread of coronavirus. Studios have set up machines that check the body temperature outside of their entrances to check everyone in and out, and staff have been instructed to wear masks to keep anyone from getting sick. 

“If an actor or staff contracts the virus, the site will come to a stop and production costs will go up dramatically, so everyone is very sensitive,” said an official with the Busan Film Commission. 

According to the Korea Film Council, the number of theatergoers dropped more than 50 percent last weekend from the weekend before. About 470,000 people visited cinemas last weekend, while about 1.2 million people did so in the weekend before. Many movies have delayed their openings, and screenings have been canceled. 

The opening of “Time to Hunt,” which was scheduled to open yesterday, has been delayed, and the premiere date of animated movie “Onward” has been pushed to April. Many screenings and press conferences have been moved online or gotten canceled. Many art movie theaters have closed, and an independent movie expert said there is no outlet for independent movies to be seen at the moment, even if there are movies ready to be screened. 

BY KANG HYE-RAN [summerlee@joongang.co.kr] 

——-

These 'Crash Landing On You' Fan Art Will Make You Miss Captain Ri And Se-Ri Even More

There's even one with Captain Ri talking to his tomato plant!

The Crash Landing On You fever isn't over. Sure, we may have finished watchingand REWATCHINGthe series, but Captain Ri (Hyun Bin) and Se-ri (Son Ye Jin) will stay in our hearts forever. And because we're always looking for new CLOY content, here's a compilation of the best fan art we spotted online:  

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/crash-landing-on-you-fan-art-a2520-20200224

• Like 5

4 hours ago, buffy128 said:

Also, after taking up my undergraduate and graduate studies in Psychology where we extensively learned how to "read" body language, it is also without a doubt that Hyun Bin is smitten with Ye Jin.  So take heart, fellow shippers.  There is some truth to what that NIS agent in CLOY said about their findings regarding Jeong Hyuk's attitude towards Se Ri.  It is but another example of art imitating life. :)

Then how about SYJ ' S body language?

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Oh my. I don’t know if it’s because I’m an ahjumma or what, but I am a bit scared after seeing the close-up photo. Not that I don’t enjoy it, it’s just I don’t want another hand under the table drama to be out :vicx:

Praying that everything will be ok and for people to be distracted by Covid-19 and not seeing these sort of posts (if I were the lady on Twitter, I will keep my tweets private for now but that’s my paranoia talking lol).

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, flailingfangirl said:

Oh my. I don’t know if it’s because I’m an ahjumma or what, but I am a bit scared after seeing the close-up photo. Not that I don’t enjoy it, it’s just I don’t want another hand under the table drama to be out :vicx:

Praying that everything will be ok and for people to be distracted by Covid-19 and not seeing these sort of posts (if I were the lady on Twitter, I will keep my tweets private for now but that’s my paranoia talking lol).

do you mean the kiss above? It’s in the drama, not bts so it’s totally fine. It’s not like we’ve never seen french kisses in korean dramas before, and seeing hb’s lower lips, there must be some tongue movements involved in the action LOL. That’s probably why in the wrap up party, yj was so flustered seeing their own kiss, which was also filmed few days prior.

• Like 12
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, BINGO_O said:

do you mean the kiss above? It’s in the drama, not bts so it’s totally fine. It’s not like we’ve never seen french kisses in korean dramas before, and seeing hb’s lower lips, there must be some tongue movements involved in the action LOL. That’s probably why in the wrap up party, yj was so flustered seeing their own kiss, which was also filmed few days prior.

Yeah..

Though LOL at these 2 hehehe...

• LOL 8