23 hours ago, tncloy1819 said:

https://twitter.com/celest1al1/status/1370771821256138756?s=21

Just want to share this from @celest1al 

There’s a lot that truly cares for BinJins’ privacy coz many wanted genuinely these two good hearted people and their story be a forever real success story.

Yes I'd definitely echo that thank you to @celest1alfor translating and respectfully sharing that sighting from a few days ago.  So nice to know they can find the time to venture outside the city to enjoy a nice meal even though HB is busy filming these days. :heart:

I also hope they were able to enjoy White Day together yesterday. Throwing it back to a year ago, SYJ posted this seemingly innocent plant on her IG. She only tells us its a gift, doesn't say who gave it to her (she usually does) and its posted right after White Day. Hmm B)

20210314-143107.jpg

Here is SYJs portrait for the Korean 200 Actors site which will be released Monday at 5pm KST.

Screenshot-20210314-141954-Twitter.jpg

Looks like she is part of the first batch of actors to be highlighted as part of the campaign, and in good company: 

• Like 13
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2
  • Replies 28.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BinJin Timeline (Part A): (Based on facts or sightings reported by Koreans/Korean Medias and not based on fan imagination that’s for sure)   2003: HB attended YJ ‘One Moment to Remember

WOW, apparently when you leave to go on an ice-cream, crying, CLOY-rewatch, drinking binge post Baeksangs, you come back to 40 new added members and 40 new pages of content, PLUS a million new species

Hi all,    I was introduced to CLOY January of this year, and was instantly hooked and binged watched all available episodes and eagerly awaited every weekend when new episodes are released.

Hi Chinggus!    

Adding up on @QueenieBee post and her 3 Cinderella Friends are included (Um Ji Won, Lee Jung Hyun and Gong Hyo Jin).:heartxoxo:

Our Chungmuro Queen and Hallyu Queen is the Best!:hooray2:

Our BinJin Power Couple are present!:dontwanna:

It was circulating on Twitter about cf and marriage of our OTP. 

• Like 11
  • Love 2

3/15 ~ YJ x “The Actor is Present” by Korean Film Council (KOFIC)

“Her position as an actress never been threatened for 20 years since debut”

“She will defend her throne for the next 10 years. And her realm keeps expanding”  

:fiercebunny::happyshakes:

950-BD53-F-5-C81-4-AA0-99-C6-B2211473-FA

7-F2-B6032-0-E45-40-EF-BFD4-2-A6-B2380-A

A7-A301-BB-1020-4-B0-A-828-D-7-BB88564-E

An all-time actor with box-office success, who can deftly cover romance, action, and thrille genres.

Son Yejin

As soon as she debuted through a TV drama in 2001, Son Yejin stood out as a youth star, and her position as a star has never been threatened for 20 years since her debut. TV dramas, movies, and CFs all belong to Queen Son Yejin. The beginning was the Queen of melodrama. When she smiled with a graceful face, the audience smiled together, and when she cried, the audience also cried. Even within the realm of melodrama, Son Yejin began to form variation little by little. She added comedy to her acting, jumped into tragedy, and finally overturned the marriage system in My Wife Got Married (2008). Armed with loveliness, she let out her desire to have two husbands. This movie, which could be very provocative to be called a romantic comedy, was a big hit thanks to Son Yejin’s clever tightrope walk.

Ranging over thrillers, disaster blockbusters, and comic actions one by one, Son Yejin reaffirmed her ticket power as Genre Queen and finally revealed a completely new face that she has never shown before in The Truth Beneath (2016). A housewife who was carefully supporting her husband, a leading politician, becomes out of control after her daughter died. Every moment in the film is the rediscovery of Son Yejin, from her swollen face with indescribable anger, sinking pitifully, distorted covered with blood, finally to sobbing. Soon after, in The Last Princess (2016), the actor became an unlucky princess who bore the perilous era alone, showing the box-office power of an all-time actor.

Brushing off the weight of the tragedy as if nothing happened, Son Yejin flew to the TV drama Forced Landing of Love (2019). It’s a romantic comedy in which a woman from a chaebol family accidentally crossed the border to North Korea while paragliding, and fell in love with a North Korean soldier. The character was perfect for Son Yejin. And Netflix put wings on it. Forced Landing of Love reached the global audience through Netflix, ranking No. 6 on Netflix TV shows in the United States.

Son Yejin’s next film is Cross, her first Hollywood film. It is an SF film directed by Andrew Niccol and tells the story of people on the border between poor and rich countries in the background of a virtual multi-ethnic future divided country. Son Yejin will keep in step with Sam Washington in the film. It is clear that she will defend her throne in the next 10 years. And her realm keeps expanding.

The Faces of Today's Korean Cinema: Korean Actors 200 Campaign based on their box office power, awards earned, level of contribution to independent cinema, and their participation in int'l projects over the last decade  

https://theactorispresent.kr/son-yejin/

Patiently waiting for YJ Good Person coming next few days/weeks:wink:

9-EAC6856-918-C-49-BB-B410-9-DE9-FDED854

• Like 14
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
20 hours ago, QueenieBee said:

I also hope they were able to enjoy White Day together yesterday. Throwing it back to a year ago, SYJ posted this seemingly innocent plant on her IG. She only tells us its a gift, doesn't say who gave it to her (she usually does) and its posted right after White Day. Hmm B)

Didn't that IG post also say something like "let's go a bit further"? :glasses:  IG translation is so bad I don't know what it means half the time.  Instead of a tomato plant, SYJ gets an orange plant. Classy gift, whomever it's from.

If you were to use one word to describe the photos of SYJ in the Korea Actors 200 Campaign, what would it be? I think it's very interesting to see what kinds of expressions/what aspect as an actor each chooses to showcase through the photos.  For SYJ, I would describe the first photo as "vulnerable".  The second one, "contemplative".  I do personally prefer more expressive photos over model type CF shooting photos where the aesthetic is often blank expressions. 

Looking forward to HB's choices too!  Haven't seen all the others but I like So Ji Sub's too.

The SYJ write up isn't terrible, but it definitely could be better written and more polished imo.  Especially if it's going before a global audience and industry people.  Typos are a definite no no!  Would be even better if it included direct quotes from the actors themselves to give readers more insight into them and their approach to acting.

• Like 12
  • Love 2

korean200.jpg

Son Ye Jin will also be on the cover of Glass Magazine's  China edition

Original Source:

https://wwd.com/business-news/media/glass-magazine-launches-chinese-edition-yao-chen-lina-zhang-son-ye-jin-1234779112/

London’s Glass Magazine Launches Chinese Edition

The launch issue of Glass China features Chinese actress Yao Chen, model Lina Zhang, and South Korean actress Son Ye-jin on the cover.

Yahoo Finance took from WWD:

Tianwei Zhang
Mon, March 15, 2021, 10:01 PM·2 min read

1245edc42c8dec8d117754b81f1d7e32

LONDON — London’s fashion quarterly Glass Magazine is launching a Chinese edition under a licensing partnership with Nifumodeng, a Beijing-based media company founded by Ciga Long and Liu Ke.

The magazine has tapped Kaioi Chu from Harper’s Bazaar China as executive editor in chief to lead the editorial operation. Long and Ke will oversee the editorial direction, and look for new media partnership opportunities. Nifumodeng also operates a local magazine called Neuf Mode.

Positioned to attract China’s intelligent and stylish women age between 25 to 40, the launch issue of the bimonthly Glass China, titled “Incredible Women,” features Chinese actress Yao Chen, who first appeared on the cover of Glass in 2011 when she first rose to fame as the most followed actress on Weibo; model Lina Zhang; and South Korean actress Son Ye-jin on the cover.

Highlights from the launch issue also include a designer profile of the Shanghai-based fashion label Shushu/Tong and a conversation with China’s visionary fashion stylist Lucia Liu.

While the first issue puts a heavy focus on the local industry, Chu said the magazine will approach its content from a global point of view for future issues and will launch its men’s offering, Glass Men, when the timing is right.

With almost 1 million followers on Instagram, Glass Magazine was founded by Nicola Kavanagh, Ben Slater and Tet Yap in 2009 as a platform where “stunning imagery could sit alongside intelligent content and enlightening social commentary.”

The publication stood from the competition at the beginning by consistently highlighting Asian actors and advocates in the Western media landscape. It later branched out to broader topics, and positioned itself as “a simple, honest, thought-provoking journal of curated modern culture, focusing on sustainable luxury.”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/london-glass-magazine-launches-chinese-020114931.html

• Like 11
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
On 3/15/2021 at 11:14 AM, Seriya said:

I do personally prefer more expressive photos over model type CF shooting photos where the aesthetic is often blank expressions. 

The SYJ write up isn't terrible, but it definitely could be better written and more polished imo.  Especially if it's going before a global audience and industry people.  Typos are a definite no no!  

I agree, I prefer these types of photos compared to the overly photoshopped CF ones. But one thing I like about most of the CFs SYJ does is that she is usually smiling in them. Like the recent Crocodile Ladies, Smart and Jennyhouse usually feature her smiling. The Bride and You was going for a different aesthetic so I get why it was more serious (and it turned out stunning)! 

And yes the writeup on the Korean 200 site was a bit messy despite the content being really glowing. Looks like they realized it too because they made some changes,  taking out mostly all the typos and spelled Sam Worthington's name correctly :lol: but for some reason they can't manage to spell CLOY correctly. They changed it from Forced Landing of Love to Crach Landing on You :ph34r:

https://theactorispresent.kr/son-yejin/

This may be slightly controversial but apparently the Director of CLOY confirmed that Seri and Captain Ri do only see each other once a year :tears:(according to this Tweet translation of a magazine article, click to expand and read the 3-parts)

• Like 10
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, QueenieBee said:

This may be slightly controversial but apparently the Director of CLOY confirmed that Seri and Captain Ri do only see each other once a year :tears:(according to this Tweet translation of a magazine article, click to expand and read the 3-parts)

I understand that this information might make fans sad and upset about RiRi but honestly, that’s the most realistic outcome. The other is not meeting at all, ever (well until the North and the South reunificate but that’s like... when?). So personally I am happy with this ending.

Also, looking from the brighter side, this ending shows how strong their love is. There would be tempations and hurdles along the way but they keep it strong even when meeting only once a year, for a few days. That shows commitment, maturity and trust in each other. 

Who knows, maybe the development of RiRi’s love story was the thing that push our BinJin forward with their relationship? 

• Like 13

785-CA321-E6-FE-4-D6-A-A975-00-E033-C91-

015-E2-FC8-9560-4-E1-F-B163-4-AC8118538-

YJ x “The Actor is Present” Showreel by Korean Film Council (KOFIC) is finally released  

:transforms:

The Glass magazine China edition 1st issue will be having 3 different covers.  They released the 2nd covergirl today.  Am excited to see YJ cover releasing soon:)

Spoiler

Actress Yao Chen & Model Lina Zhang Covers

64-F689-FC-F27-F-4-E2-B-8-A95-CE296238-C

• Like 10
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3
1 hour ago, bin-jin said:

YJ x “The Actor is Present” The Korean Actors 200 KOFIC Campaign video is finally released

Only Son Yejin can make me watch her movie/dramas over and over again :approves:

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Hello Chinggus! 

These is it! Our Best Girl and Good Boy! :heartxoxo:

BinJin date time last March 6, 2021 (Saturday) is trending around socmed. :dontwanna:

Whoever owns the vlog and discover their Couple time your an NIS of these fandom. :loolz:

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

Another BinJin pouring day...

HB x BodyLuv new cf release.

Omgggg HB hair is so short in this new cf, giving a cute yet hot CA2 ICR vibes :wub:

8-B1-F1-D50-215-E-4-C2-B-A8-B2-B25-FE0-B

Hush a bye baby...Daddy Bini patting his Bini Jr :lol:

23674-C69-D907-486-D-A491-BD7-B65-F9-A42

Spoiler

55-E7-C198-54-CA-44-E4-8-B02-374-B109-F3

11815-E79-20-CE-4844-BD57-EED3-F69-EF9-F

1-EBE17-B6-7816-4-B3-A-BE11-6-BF05791-C4

ED690-C5-C-FF45-4-A29-A0-B9-CA740224-E9-

HB x “The Actor is Present” The Korean Actors 200 KOFIC Campaign coming soon

Spoiler

E7-FFC24-E-1176-4-C96-A861-B25-E1714198-

53-EAEC8-C-46-F3-4-BAE-AB3-F-8707-B5-FDF

6-B27-E10-F-9-EF6-4-A5-A-9686-D23-DC9738

9-EAC6856-918-C-49-BB-B410-9-DE9-FDED854

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
4 hours ago, gayyoxx said:

this information might make fans sad and upset about RiRi

why they sad and upset?

Sorry, but I am glad to see the ending of movies/dramas with a not stiff story to go with their own fantasy  

• Like 4

Photos of BinJin's signatures leaving for the restaurant they visited on Mar 6. Don't you think even their signatures look similar now?

160101602-2259668530835085-8015032008683

159972981-2259668557501749-5100505586721

Cr: wjsvk727

• Like 13
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1
16 hours ago, QueenieBee said:

I agree, I prefer these types of photos compared to the overly photoshopped CF ones. But one thing I like about most of the CFs SYJ does is that she is usually smiling in them. Like the recent Crocodile Ladies, Smart and Jennyhouse usually feature her smiling. The Bride and You was going for a different aesthetic so I get why it was more serious (and it turned out stunning)! 

One comment I would make about the Korean 200 video/profile pics for SYJ is I wish she/they'd included at least one pic where she was full on smiling and showing off her dazzling eye smile.  I think SYJ unreservedly laughing and eye smiling is one of her most charming and beautiful looks.  (I bet HB would agree! :P) And it would be a good contrast to the soulful, vulnerable, kind of sad, expressive look she showcases in the other pics. 

I wonder if it was MSteam and/or the media studio in charge of the Korean 200 campaign who selected the clips and put together the video.  I thought it was a pretty good choice of clips and they chose some good scenes which are highlights of her career and show her range as well.  It was interesting that The Truth Beneath was the closing clip with sound.  A powerful scene.  SYJ was scary in that movie heh.  The editing felt a bit abrupt at the end and the "Incredibly Vigorous" kind of made me laugh.  I mean, they are not wrong, but it also made me think of ads were certain products lol.  I feel they could have chosen another strong but elegant turn of phrase there.  Some personal quote from the actor could have been interesting.  But something also could have been lost in translation!

And yes the writeup on the Korean 200 site was a bit messy despite the content being really glowing. Looks like they realized it too because they made some changes,  taking out mostly all the typos and spelled Sam Worthington's name correctly :lol: but for some reason they can't manage to spell CLOY correctly. They changed it from Forced Landing of Love to Crach Landing on You :ph34r:

Forced Landing of Love does not sound like an appealing romance!  Wasn't it also translated as Emergency Landing of Love or something like that?

I don't know if it's cause they have to do 200 actors but parts of this project feel a bit rushed.  The Negotiation was also strangely in capital letters alone amongst all the films.  Did they want to rush out the project to coincide with Hollywood awards season or something?   

When I watched the CLOY ending, I understood Seri and JH had an arrangement to meet for 2 weeks a year in the time after they reunited, and they shared a beautiful home in Switzerland during that time and were very happy together.  That is what I took away from what was actually showed on screen.  And I was perfectly happy with that ending.  I didn't need everything spelled out for me.  In fact, they kind of showed more glimpses into a happily ever after than I expected.  I didn't expect or need to see a wedding, children etc.  Sometimes I feel an ending is better if there's more left to the imagination and it's not all nailed down.  What we saw at the end was only a moment in time in the not too distant future for them.  I didn't interpret it as being their permanent schedule together forever.  That's open to interpretation and what fanfic is for lol.  The most realistic future I imagine for them would be JH defecting to SK when Seri became pregnant.  Or both of them renouncing Korean citizenship and choosing to become citizens of Switzerland or another country if that would make a life together easier.  Seri certainly has enough money to make that happen and she can run Seri's Choice from anywhere.  Whatever they do, wherever they go, it was enough for me to know they got their happily ever after. 

Considering they shot the ending scenes at the very start (I never know how actors handle scenes all out of order, more in film than in TV dramas), I thought they did a pretty decent job in nailing the chemistry and the emotions in the reunion scenes.  I don't know if they felt what they shot originally wasn't intense enough so they reshot at the end for the closeups.  Glad they had the time and budget to do that.  And props to Writer Park. I never know how TV writers do it as well, to write on the go, under time pressure, in conjunction with filming and you have to finish the story well. 

But still, it's quite a fantasy ending for a fantasy show like CLOY.  Real life for defectors or NK/SK couples would, I imagine, be a lot more harsh.  There are many heartbreaking stories in the news, including one defector diplomat whose teenage child is still left behind in NK.  And I read the other day that watching or sharing SK dramas in NK is now punishable by death....I don't know how widely that is enforced or not, but poor Ju Meok!! It's no joke.  What I loved about CLOY is it brought out the message about our common humanity, no matter our differences and divisions.

On a cheerier note, still get a kick out of seeing SYJ being embarrassed by seeing their ending close up kisses on the screen for the whole cast and crew to see at the wrap up party hehe.  The cast and crew reaction was also lol.

Also lol at Bodyluv pillow being Binnie Jr.  Seeing HB in his bedhead glory and lying all over the sheets makes me think again that CLOY had some missed opportunities cough.  HB's shots for the Korean 200 campaign look good. 

Lovely to know Binjin now feel free to go out in public and enjoy meals in restaurants together, and even leave signatures together.  Looked like a restaurant with an interesting cuisine and a nice outdoor area.  Hope they had a good time and their privacy was respected.  I guess naver will write articles about whatever they are observed to be doing, separately or together now.  They both love to eat and they both love to workout.  I would so subscribe to their youtube channel even if all they do there is eat and critique food and workout lol. 

• Like 9
  • Love 4

YJ x GLASS China 1st issue 

Son Fairy孙仙to Flower Fairy花仙子...She is so beautifully makeup in her flower headdress...cant wait to see her Romantic Spring Day pictorials coming up tomorrow :wub:

:happyshakes::fiercebunny:

876068-AC-BB6-B-443-A-A13-A-6-C298-E04-C

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Omg, she's so blooming and sooo pretty! Whatever the director has said about the ending of the movie Cloy it doesn't matter. The main thing is they are together now, supporting each other and fulfilling their love for each other. We can't ask for more. Thank you Lord! God has truly blessed their love. And her fans and a lot of people are praying for both of them. They are match made in heaven:approves: And Yejin is the type of woman that knows how to look after Binnie, she knows how to look after their relationship very well. Hyun Bin is very lucky to have her. She is intelligent and amazing! I am so happy for both of them. We need to give them some privacy so that they will enjoy their relationship more. We can only hope and pray that one day they would walk down the isle together with their loved ones blessing them and witnessing their vows of love and by then we will all be ecstatic and be giggling for them. Let's keep praying and supporting for them. Sending lots of love guys!!! :heart1:  

• Like 7
  • Love 1

“Ye Jin is very pretty. She’s pretty and good at acting. Harmony with the partner is more important than anything else for the actor. There are few actors who have actually influenced me. If I have a personal wish, I want to have a daughter like Ye Jin” - Kam Woo Sung , Alone in Love

The social media has posted comments and praises to So Ye Jin from different actors she has worked before. Of all the comments and praises, this one from Kam Woo Sung is my favorite - it’s the sweetest compliment ever.  For a male actor to personally wish to have a daughter to be like Ye Jin, it only means that he has high respect and admiration to Ye Jin. Surely, Kam Woo Sung was impressed of Son Ye Jin’s decency, professionalism, kindness  and talent as an actress. These are the qualities a father/parent would like their daughter or child to be. Our Queen Ye Jin always leave a wonderful impression to her fellow actors. 

What an inspiring woman you are Son Ye Jin! :crybaby:

• Like 12
  • Love 4
  • Blob 1