Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Congratulations to CLOY nominations for APAN Best Drama and to our Tae Pyung for Best Actor and to our Eon Jin for Best Actress! Thank you CLOY for blessing us with this show it was one of the best things happened in 2020. It brought smiles to a lot of us especially coping with corona. I wish you both could feel and see our gratitude and appreciation for your superb acting in this drama. 

 

:transforms:

  • Like 10
  • Love 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BinJin Timeline (Part A): (Based on facts or sightings reported by Koreans/Korean Medias and not based on fan imagination that’s for sure)   2003: HB attended YJ ‘One Moment to Remember

WOW, apparently when you leave to go on an ice-cream, crying, CLOY-rewatch, drinking binge post Baeksangs, you come back to 40 new added members and 40 new pages of content, PLUS a million new species

Hi all,    I was introduced to CLOY January of this year, and was instantly hooked and binged watched all available episodes and eagerly awaited every weekend when new episodes are released.

Friday morning is a blessed. 

 

Little did they know, Binjin nations are all over the world and awake 24/7 :D

 

I still remembered when Ms team uploaded Binnie video in Jinnie playlist on their YT. Once they realized it, the whole playlist were deleted after. Nervous much :lol:. That was the first. 

 

Then vast uploaded Smart BTS with kindergarten music background. Bit creepy isn't it. They re-uploaded in few minutes with no bgm at the end. Vast is so fast. 

 

Today, some fans witnessed another honest mistake. Vast uploaded Jinnie pic and deleted it in seconds? Who ever lucky person got to witness this and able to screen shot you are so vast than vast itself. 

:Pandabulous:

 

These honest mistake done by REAL PEOPLE. We've witnessed this beautiful and legit receipts came from VAMS itself. Not from any speculations or assumptions. Do you still in doubt?  

:smort:

 

Manifesting both Binnie and Jinnie will attend APAN awards and donning couple attire again. Time for Baeksang 2.0 moment. Not too much to wish for right. Let's pray for the day to come. :please:

 

 

 

  • Like 11
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, cloyfan said:

Also, if WTCB makes away like a bandit yet again and does another clean sweep, I will positively lose it. 

You and me both! Better to keep our expectations low though :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, bin-jin said:

Our beautiful YJ will be showing up in ELLE Korea Dec.  Who know our dashing HB may also show up in Esquire Dec.

 

I hope this means new interviews to accompany the photoshoots :cutekitty:

21 minutes ago, deviee13 said:

Could anyone please tell me if they are Yoon Seri and RJH or Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHIIkyOpmkI/?igshid=8nn8fy82i5zo

That is a scene from CLOY. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cloyfan said:

I find myself once again navigating the foreign waters of a foreign awards show. Could someone please explain to me how the grand prize work? I see there are already nominees for best actor and best actress (which do not include HB and SYJ). But they are both nominated for the Daesang. Is there only one winner? Are there multiple? Someone please answer these burning questions I have lol

 

The Daesang or grand prize is the most prestigious award given at some of the awards ceremonies in K-ent. In most award ceremonies with a Daesang including the Baeksang, the winner is chosen from all the nominees in all prize categories. That was how the APAN Daesang worked in the past. The winners were actors/actress who were also (losing) nominees the Top Excellence in Acting prizes. In 2018, to shake things up, APAN released a list of Daesang nominees none of whom were nominated in any of the acting awards (Top Excellence and Excellence). Son Ye-jin was nominated for a Daesang for Pretty Noona that year but lost out to Lee Byung-hun for Mr. Sunshine. I guess this year they decided to again have nominations for the grand prize but with more nominees than in 2018.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, GogoRoboto said:

 

The Daesang or grand prize is the most prestigious award given at some of the awards ceremonies in K-ent. In most award ceremonies with a Daesang including the Baeksang, the winner is chosen from all the nominees in all prize categories. That was how the APAN Daesang worked in the past. The winners were actors/actress who were also (losing) nominees the Top Excellence in Acting prizes. In 2018, to shake things up, APAN released a list of Daesang nominees none of whom were nominated in any of the acting awards (Top Excellence and Excellence). Son Ye-jin was nominated for a Daesang for Pretty Noona that year but lost out to Lee Byung-hun for Mr. Sunshine. I guess this year they decided to again have nominations for the grand prize but with more nominees than in 2018.

Thank you! It doesn’t make sense to me that from that VERY LONG and star-studded list of the most deserving actors and actresses there will only be one winner (daesang). What kind of system is this..lol

 

ETA: I looked the APAN awards 2018 on Wikipedia and it seems that list of 25 will ben broken into 5 categories of 5 nominees each: Top Excellence Actor in mini series, Top Excellence Actress in mini series, TEActor in serial drama, TEActress in series drama, and Daesang 

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cloyfan said:

Thank you! It doesn’t make sense to me that from that VERY LONG and star-studded list of the most deserving actors and actresses there will only be one winner (daesang). What kind of system is this..lol

 

ETA: I looked the APAN awards 2018 on Wikipedia and it seems that list of 25 will ben broken into 5 categories of 5 nominees each: Top Excellence Actor in mini series, Top Excellence Actress in mini series, TEActor in serial drama, TEActress in series drama, and Daesang 

 

Per the Naver article:

 

"In addition, candidates for the top prize for men and women will be unveiled sequentially. Attention is drawn to the main character who will win the grand prize and the best award at the "2020 APAN STAR AWARDS," which selected the best actor who shone this year.

Kang Ha-neul, Gong Hyo-jin, Kim Soo-hyun, Kim Hye-soo, Kim Hee-sun, Kim Hee-ae, Namgoongmin, Park Seo-joon, Seo Hyun-jin, Son Ye-jin, Oh Ji-ho, Oh Chang-seok, Lee Sang-woo, Lee Sang-woo, Yoon So-yi, Lee Min-jeong and Jang Na-ra, who shone this year. Attention is focused on who will be the best actors, including Ju Ji-hoon, Cho Yeo-jung, Cho Jung-seok, Cho Yoon-hee, Cha Ye-ryeon, Han Ji-hye and Hyun Bin, and what will be selected as the best drama."

 

So yeah the names on the list in the twitter post are for the Top Excellence awards and the Daesang. We'll know the nominees in the coming days but you can already imagine how the nominations will play out just by reading the list. I want to be surprised and have Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin get Daesang nominations but with the K-ent awards darlings (Kim Hee-ae and Kim Soo-hyun) there, you just know that they won't. It's going to be Baeksang all over again.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

4-EE0-EF86-815-E-4106-9-A68-887-FAADF787

 

YJ Kstyle interview...

She looks so glowing, happy, contented & healthy totally same aura as HB :wub:

 

The Kstyle interview and Netflix Japan video promo were taken on the same day 9/27  when HB is out of covid quarantine on 9/26.  

So Netflix Japan & Kstyle have been keeping these videos for more than a month!!!

 

LOL its not shoot on 11/5 like other fandom try claiming.  HB did Esquire shooting on 11/5, doesnt his stylist IG story it.  

 

YJ dated 9/27 on  her 2 giveaway photos for Japan fans.  Ah, so envious:rolleyes:

 

Ah, is HB also giving us a Kstyle interview? 

 

:transforms:

 

 

https://news.kstyle.com/article.ksn?articleNo=2154924

 

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, bin-jin said:

YJ Kstyle interview...

She looks so glowing, happy, contented & healthy and this is the same studio where the Netflix Japan promo video was taken.

 

Ah, is HB also giving us a Kstyle interview? 

 

https://news.kstyle.com/article.ksn?articleNo=2154924


Is it a fashion ring again on her ring finger? :D Ohhh it's on the right hand. Whew!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • LOL 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, fangirl101 said:

@Bin Jin is this recent? and is she wearing a bau outfit?

 

and my delulu mind is working again. 

 

 

The Kstyle interview and Netflix Japan video promo were taken on the same day 9/29.  

Her photo were signed on 9/29  just few days after HB is out fm covid quarantine on 9/26.

 

I am not sure abt her outfit brand. waiting for sonyejinfashion ig to tell us.

 

4-EE0-EF86-815-E-4106-9-A68-887-FAADF787

 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bin-jin said:

YJ Kstyle interview...

She looks so glowing, happy, contented & healthy totally same aura as HB :wub:

 

The Kstyle interview and Netflix Japan video promo were taken on the same day 9/29.  when HB is out of covid quarantine on 9/26.  

So Netflix Japan & Kstyle have been keeping these videos for more than a month!!!

 

LOL its not shoot on 11/5 like other ppl try claiming it.

 

YJ dated 9/29 on  her 2 giveaway photos for Japan fans.  Ah, so envious:rolleyes:

 

Ah, is HB also giving us a Kstyle interview? 

 

https://news.kstyle.com/article.ksn?articleNo=2154924

 

I think she waited until HB got out of quarantine so they could be interviewed at the same then have all her interviews and fan meeting done on the same day so she can wrap it up altogether and be free thereafter. Good move, Yejinshi. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 10
  • Love 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GogoRoboto said:

 

Per the Naver article:

 

"In addition, candidates for the top prize for men and women will be unveiled sequentially. Attention is drawn to the main character who will win the grand prize and the best award at the "2020 APAN STAR AWARDS," which selected the best actor who shone this year.

Kang Ha-neul, Gong Hyo-jin, Kim Soo-hyun, Kim Hye-soo, Kim Hee-sun, Kim Hee-ae, Namgoongmin, Park Seo-joon, Seo Hyun-jin, Son Ye-jin, Oh Ji-ho, Oh Chang-seok, Lee Sang-woo, Lee Sang-woo, Yoon So-yi, Lee Min-jeong and Jang Na-ra, who shone this year. Attention is focused on who will be the best actors, including Ju Ji-hoon, Cho Yeo-jung, Cho Jung-seok, Cho Yoon-hee, Cha Ye-ryeon, Han Ji-hye and Hyun Bin, and what will be selected as the best drama."

 

So yeah the names on the list in the twitter post are for the Top Excellence awards and the Daesang. We'll know the nominees in the coming days but you can already imagine how the nominations will play out just by reading the list. I want to be surprised and have Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin get Daesang nominations but with the K-ent awards darlings (Kim Hee-ae and Kim Soo-hyun) there, you just know that they won't. It's going to be Baeksang all over again.

Couldn't agree more with you...

I m happy that people are expecting but after getting snubbed for the nth time these award show nominations have become a nightmare for me..It would be better if they suddenly announce the winner without traumatizing us cause we know CLOY ain't getting anything..

Here is my prediction..

Daesang- Kim Hee Ae ..She was even a strong contender for Baeksang but judges ultimately gave it  to Camellia ..

 

Top actor- Kang Ha Neul or Jo Jung suk.

 

Top Actress- Gong Hyo Jin or Kim Hye soo .Yejin still has a teeny weeny chance..

 

Best Drama- Again Camellia or Hospital Playlist.

 

That's why our last resort is the popularity award for APAN.

 

To be honest, this year, there was no other actor who gave a well rounded performance like Son Yejin..

She literally covered the whole spectrum..At one moment, her comic acts had our tears coming out due to laughter and the next moment we will be again bawling our eyes out seeing her pain..

Other actors were good in their roles too..but if we talk about diversity THIS year, it has to be  The Son Yejin..Still we know she won't even get the top actress award , forget about Daesang..

 

PS- Don't mind me..I have a habbit of ranting after the award show is over..But this time ,i m doing it beforehand because we know the ultimate result..lol!! When it comes to CLOY and award shows ,its popularity turns into a curse..so much so that no one takes it seriously..Just imagine if CLOY was released in 2014 or 2016, it would have sweeped all of the awards ..Plus CLOY is not only popular it has QUALITY too unlike some dramas from those era...

  • Like 11
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, fangirl101 said:

 

agree with syj and may add hyun bin did a very good captain ri . im not a hyun bin fan but i was really impressed by his captain ri performance.  my heart really went out for him in those heartbreaking scenes. in fact i was more sympathetic to his character than seri. 

on top of that he really really looked good in uniform( swoon, heart flutter). hes really really handsome and i must admit  more handsome than my bias k actor. 

 

it seems to me because cloy became such a monster hit everyone is downplaying its

quality.  and judges have this mindset of not succumbing to the so called  popularity pressure.

Yess..Hyun Bin is there too..He did his job perfectly.We have been oggling over his character since 9 months ...No one could have played captain ri so well other than him.

However, just like HB's role as Kim Joo won was iconic in Sega having so much diversity ij expressions, in CLOY it is equivalent to Yoon Seri's character...

Ofcourse it is just my opinion .

 

All of us want  both of them win an award for their characters in CLOY..

Yejin hasn't won a Daesang yet , so i m rooting her for it..As for Hyun Bin , I m up for him clinching the Top excellence actor award.

(Sigh!! But these two predictions has very low probability and Ri jeong hyuk ,Seri will be neglected again).

  • Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree for Son ye jin  cloy acting diversity . No one did that in other dramas. She summed  it up all. For Hyun Bin, his role as a North Korean Soldier excellently portrayed..but maybe the judges have different criteria this year. Regardless, binjin are the best actors to many. The world witnessed or watched the drama and their acting and story line convinced the majority of being the best of em all. 

 

Until now, cloy is still there on netflix..no matter what, binjin cloy is the popular one because of the actors performace , chemistry and the plot. 

  • Like 13
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@bin-jin it doesn't look like 29 though.. it really does look like 27. It was the time when they both had too much pasta/flour-ice cream. They both had the same look in their videos then :lol:

 

Son Ye Jin is featured in Elle Korea December edition. Her name is on the cover

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHgv-JLjvam/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

  • Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..