[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

Congrats HB!!! you deserve it :)

So good to finally see him again and looking so handsome as always

Now they have 3 matching trophies already (PIFAN, Baeksang and President Award)

It's time to build a cabinet where they can showcase their matching trophies in their home :hwaiting2:

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

11 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

She won that award in 2018 for Something in The Rain. That is why she filmed a speech already. All past winners had filmed speeches for this year's nominees/winners. She can't win the same award again apparently /also not in such a short period of time. 

I guess I am still perplexed why she didn’t get a presidential award also. So what if she received the prime minister award 2 years ago? It was a different award.  It is like saying just because you won the Emmy last year, you can’t win this year, despite having better world renowned work this year.

Obviously CLOY has done more than SITR to introduce Korean drama to international fans, not just Asia. Don’t mean to be rude, but I don’t know most of the other recipients or their dramas. She deserved the presidential  award this year for CLOY.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1

11 minutes ago, NonKoreanMango said:

I guess I am still perplexed why she didn’t get a presidential award also. So what if she received the prime minister award 2 years ago? It was a different award.  It is like saying just because you won the Emmy last year, you can’t win this year, despite having better world renowned work this year.

Obviously CLOY has done more than SITR to introduce Korean drama to international fans, not just Asia. Don’t mean to be rude, but I don’t know most of the other recipients or their dramas. She deserved the presidential  award this year for CLOY.

I don't know what the difference is between the presidential/prime ministerial citation; I would guess not much? Guessing the SK ministry of culture wants to spread the love and encourage and promote different people in the arts, so not surprised if you don't get this kind of award again, or not until many years have passed.  Maybe it's like the Kennedy Center awards in the US or the equivalent of a National Medal for the Arts in various countries, those tend to be lifetime awards/cumulative award for body of work in your career.  I think it's nice that both SYJ and HB got official recognition in the prime of their career already, and don't have to wait until they are nearing retirement lol.  I didn't look up who else got the award this year, but if we just consider global impact, then a group like BTS might get the award year after year and I don't think that's the SK government's intention for this kind of award. 

It would be lovely to see them both on stage together again. But I also don't think they are ones to directly thank the other on stage, even as colleagues.  Maybe if they won something like an Oscar lol.  Or maybe if/after they are married. But I think maybe not even then. SYJ and HB do not strike me as the kind of people to be public like that, but never say never. 

11 hours ago, QueenieBee said:

I'm not sure if you can only win once, but her win was probably too recent to award her this year as well.  Would have been amazing to see them up there together on stage! 

Its not BTS, its from the scene appearing in the episode. I actually noticed this myself recently because I was rewatching the episode on a bigger screen TV. I never noticed before but he does reach out for her hand. Its too bad they didn't do a close up of that- a lot of people complained that the scene required some kind of touch (like the ring scene) instead of them awkwardly staring at each other :rolleyes:

Now that you mention it, if there's one nitpick I have with CLOY, it's the directing (I'm guessing it's more directing than acting) choice to have those awkward scenes of them staring at each other. They did it at multiple times at emotional moments so it definitely was an intentional choice.  It just didn't really work for me. And they went on for too long into awkwardness rather than being a touching scene.  I wondered if this was a kdrama thing where they wanted to stay chaste instead of having a natural hug/kiss to show intimacy in an emotional scene. But that doesn't make sense considering they did have skinship in other scenes.  I wondered if it was this particular director's style, but apparently he has directed some series with intimate scenes? And then I watch SITR where there's a lot of natural intimacy as well, so I don't think this directing choice in CLOY was a kdrama thing.  A shame because fans would have loved it if YSR and RJH had hugged and kissed some more hehe.

Why do you think that directing choice was made? Is it common for actors to just stare at each other for X seconds in kdramas?  They are professionals of course but there's only so long you can stare soulfully into each other's eyes without dialogue without bursting into laughter, and I'd just be waiting for the 'cut'.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, NonKoreanMango said:

I too would have loved for YJ to win the President's Award but in fairness, the senior actress who won it this year was amazing in The World of the Married. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

I am sure some of you have read from antis that HB more relaxed and happier at recent ceremony than at Baeksang and there are even photos showing differences. Well, all I can say is  - at Baeksang, he was with SYJ and was trying to not show they are together! So a bit more stressful but if one were to look at photos when they were out of the limelight of prying eyes at Baeksang, one could see them laughing together.  Then the smile he gave on stage after SYJ gave a look behind to see where HB was - I am thinking that probably that smile came after being told by SYJ not to stare/look at her in front of cameras, and here was SYJ doing the looking  on stage/cameras!!  :lol:

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 3

57 minutes ago, NonKoreanMango said:

I am sure some of you have read from antis that HB more relaxed and happier at recent ceremony than at Baeksang and there are even photos showing differences. Well, all I can say is  - at Baeksang, he was with SYJ and was trying to not show they are together! So a bit more stressful but if one were to look at photos when they were out of the limelight of prying eyes at Baeksang, one could see them laughing together.  Then the smile he gave on stage after SYJ gave a look behind to see where HB was - I am thinking that probably that smile came after being told by SYJ not to stare/look at her in front of cameras, and here was SYJ doing the looking  on stage/cameras!!  :lol:

Cold what? Yeah I can see it look at these pics :naughty: so sad that he looks amazingly happy with Yejin.  As usual they're in denial, what else?  I'm sure they're also butt hurts that his drama with YeJin is making waves all over the world and being recognized and admired by all races from all walks of life despite that it's been almost a year since it aired. He also got this prestigious and grandiose award out of all any awards...Presidential Citation it is! (yeah...one that they wished it's with their bias' project when this happened, so they resort to be nega). 

57-E187-EE-638-D-4-C22-BDC6-1-BFE6-E4143

CONGRATULATIONS again Binnie! I'm sure Yejin and your family are proud proud as well as your solo fans and us BinJins. 

DC7-B4-F53-2903-4-B59-BC20-1-FD8-A476-C2

• Like 12
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

The upgrade from the Baeksangs is the fact his team chose a suit that suits him so well . He also managed to gain more muscle since and he looks rested . During the Baeksangs he was filming Bargaining non stop. His appearance in the awards was verified last minute . 

In these awards you see 1% of someone , you cannot tell if they are stressed over work, personal issues etc . They are real people and no one is on happy pill 24/7 especially when they working too much. 

In times I feel tired going back to these awards that are "bothersome" for some . I mean we do have receipts from when the actual cameras weren't rolling , his looks on the stage and on receiving the award. Each to their own , is better to keep type of this conversation off this thread . It's not bringing anything new to our couple . This is not a place to justify or defend . 

To end the convo on

HB attended a ceremony that nominated him second year in a row and he left empty handed on this category . He is human , I mean im bothered when my work is left with : we like you but and nominate you but hey maybe next year. Not to talk about the fact covid was on the rise and everyone was so awkward with the "rules" of distance showed then? Baeksangs were the most awkward ceremony . Let's not go back to it . 

But if we need to talk about Baeksangs , a certain someone made sure to leave their mark post ceremony ,  it's convenient to erase someone from the equation but use them as the X factor when it suits them. mathematics don't work like that. 

xoxo 

HB attended these awards as someone receiving a big award that has the presidential sign on it . He is back from filming for about a month and done like one endorsement . He literally smiled one minute for the pictures. Even on stage he was SUPER serious, this is his personality. Why people want him different ? He is a serious actor who allows in certain moments to show his carefree self , man is about to reach 40 next year. He is not 20 . 

• Like 7
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 2

52 minutes ago, fangirl101 said:

@Seriyai was about to call it a night when i read your comment about cloy awkward staring scenes. and i couldnt help it i have to say my piece too.

yes thats my beef also. i agree that there was some restraint from the riri couple due to the fact that they knew they will eventually separate but me thinks a peck or a tender embrace is called for on some scenes:

where seri was pouring         her heart out to rjh when

she learned it was him 

playing the piano by the

lake. instead they got 

into a staring contest.

to make the matter 

worse after hearing seri 

rjh told her she will go 

back to the south the

following day. whaat?

i was really floored and

thought the subtitle may 

have been lost in trans-

lation. but apparently it

was not.         

the bridge scene where 

this time seri learned 

from rjh about their 

bridge encounter in

switzerland and seri's

reaction was meh. and  

once again the two 

engage in a staring 

contest.

the above scenes were huge revelation scenes

and their reactions/ acting were so so. such wasted      opportunities.

that is not to mention 

the soju and ring scenes.

You pretty much mentioned all the awkward staring/wasted opportunity scenes I had in mind.  Yes, the piano, bridge, soju and ring scenes were crying out for something more!  It's just the way they ended those emotional scenes with staring made the scene end on a flat/anti-climatic note.  Or they should just have shortened the staring duration if they really wanted to go with that choice.  But with a different directing choice, they could have elevated these pivotal emotional scenes even further.  I guess they were trying to drink their sorrows away in the soju scene/no way to have a happy resolution, but it was weird to see them being physically distant after all the bombshell soju revelations. Some mutual tender comforting would have been fitting for the mood.

for me the most intimate scene in cloy was the seoul hospital kissing scene. where in this scene rjh looks at seri with longing and DESIRE yes desire but darn the ducklings and the director.  

I loved SYJ's portrayal of Seri. But if there was a scene that left me with a ?, it was her split second reaction after RJH sneaked in a kiss. RJH was keen and making a move finally.  She seemed shy, hesitant? Afraid to make memories?  Not really sure what emotion she was going for there, tbh. Whereas I thought she nailed the different nuances of emotion in all her other scenes. 

If its any comfort to me the last goodbye embrace (even without the kiss) did more than make up for the lack of intimate moments in the drama.

The goodbye scene was written, acted, edited and directed well imo.  Poor SYJ, wonder how many times she had to run hard and cry so desperately.  Must have been so draining to do re-takes for different angles for such an emotional scene but she did it really well. They both did.  I really loved how she said ILU, I really do to RJH. Sob.

@ninjayejin (love the name btw, and if only SYJ could get to play an onscreen ninja haha!), agree with what you said.  I'm looking forward to seeing Camellias and TWOM myself as it seems those dramas along with CLOY got critical and popular acclaim.  All 3 seem like very different kind of dramas and that speaks well to the strength and diversity in Kdrama. I think when you have strong dramas in different genres with a wealth of strong actors, that only benefits all actors in the end. I would love to see SYJ and HB work with talents behind these other good dramas.  I would love to see SYJ work with her good friend GHJ in a female driven piece of work as she also seems very talented.

I think CLOY has already exceeded expectations for both SYJ and HB, with the massive popularity on Netflix, and HB even got his dream rating wish!  Any award etc is just the cherry on top.  Their first collaboration, The Negotiation, may not have met or exceeded expectations at the box office considering their combined star power, but CLOY certainly did.  So glad HB got his wish of doing a work in another genre, a romantic genre, with SYJ, which showcased both their talents and chemistry so wonderfully.  

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

@8th Cinderella 

Spoiler

Oops..their bias have won the Presidential award in 2016 for that obvious hallyu drama.

You need to edit ur post:lol:

I understand it didn't sit well with some people as to why YJ was not awarded ..I guess many factors come into play and that they cannot give everyone awards especially when someone won it just two years ago..Infact it is really really rare for someone to win it twice..We know CLOY was a hit but this award also includes recognition for their previous projects..And i guess YJ got her due in 2018..

@NonKoreanMango just to give u an example..So Kim Soo Hyun won the PRIME MINISTERIAL citation in 2014 ..but surprise surprise..Jun Ji Hyun did not (infact she even won big at Baeksang that year in 2014)..

However ,one year later ,in 2015 ,Jun Ji Hyun got the PRESIDENTIAL one ..

This thing is totally unpredictable.. as i said this award is not particularly related to one project i guess although the recent one is being put into more emphasis...

And our YJ already has one..Who knows she will a Presidential Citation if Cross is a success..

@fangirl101 you asked why Seri didn't recognise his voice right away..Good question...

I guess she was too much preoccupied at that time while trying to get out of those tangled parachute ropes after her failed landing.Even sometimes when I m too much engrossed in my work, i can't pay much attention to what people are saying to me..

Plus that moment was totally unexpected..it had been 3 years..And Seri didn't imagine that RJH would find her there on top of a mountain..

That's my opinion:)

@Seriyamy interpretation about that hospital peck is that...Yoon Seri was taken aback by his action..

We all know that RJH always kissed her when there was danger lingering around them or she was about to leave..

But lol!! this kiss was unexpected, sweet and not out of desparate need ..

I think she was surprised that Ri Jeong Hyuk finally let his guard down and wasn't shying away from showing his affections towards her.

• Like 12
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Congratulations Binnie. A handsome husband of jinnie!  Ayeeeeh!!happy GIF

As what i understaand from all the explanations here, Jinnie cannot be awarded same as for binnie this year since jinnie got one in 2018. Perhaps this kind of award is given once . Jinnie is one of the titlests thats why there was a speech of congratulatory from her ..So i dont question why she isnt included this year..just let us be happy since their works are being recognized.

For those haters making many complains everytime hyun bin is up on the stage or comparing Baeksang and this recent awards, i have nothing to say but Hyun Bin is obviously happy since he associated himself to jinnie. From The Negotiation Era until today. Binjin is getting more handsome and prettier since then. A sign of being inspired and loved ..No matter what haters say, Hyun Bin and Son Yejin are one of the powerful couples in korean film industry. They are couple! I'll repeat they are couple....

Congratulations again hyun bin! Your wife must be proud of you.

Congratulations too Son Yejin! Your husband's win is your win too. Both of you have been recognized by your government for being good and productive citizenry...

Congratulations CLOY! 

• Like 13
  • Awesome 3
  • Wiggle 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Congrats to HB!! He looked so dapper and handsome. It’s nice to see him finally get the recognition he deserves. What a bonus this awards show was 

Like the well mannered guy he is, he was bowing to all his elders (including the lady who played his mom in Snow Queen). But peep at the end he even bowed to one of SYJ’s besties, Gong Hyo Jin

• Like 15
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Well done Hyun Bin on receiving this award    He looked most distinguished and handsome and behaved in a manner suitably befitting the ceremony.   I loved his grin, before he entered the building, in answer to the reporter's request for a wink which showed up memories of a young Binnie.

Really this couple are rising to the heights of success in the KEnt world and way beyond.

Truly a magical time for his close one, family, friends and we the BinJin nation.

• Like 13
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 2

4 hours ago, cloyfan said:

Like the well mannered guy he is, he was bowing to all his elders (including the lady who played his mom in Snow Queen). But peep at the end he even bowed to one of SYJ’s besties, Gong Hyo Jin

He learned a lot from Go Doo Shim back then too. He respected her a lot to the point he saw that he would want his ideal type to be someone like her ;) So sweet he bows to Gong Hyo Jin too :) Got to say hi to Son Ye Jin's bff. Wonder if he and Kang Ha Neul talked this time around as they are seat buddies this time. 

I am always impressed of how much he can change his body so quickly :) It looks like he has been resting a lot lately. Probably lots of golf and tv :) 

• Like 10
  • Love 4

We are all happy to see a moving, talking Hyun Bin during the KPCAA awarding.

Even if Son Ye jin was not there, her face was displayed in all the CLOY scenes with HB on the big screen.

Please, do not ever let the Antis take a moment of our joy as a BinJin nation. Just delete, disregard them as their goal is always to wreck havoc to the fandom.

We have a chance to see them together....let us all put our efforts in the APAN awards come November. VOTE...VOTE..VOTE

October was an amazing month for BinJin nation and even the Universe supported us and our OTP. Pray that November will be a more amazing month for BinJin United Nation.

The Filipinos will be lucky as the contract with SMART will push through. I hope COVID will become PAST very soon.

Stay safe everyone!

• Like 12
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 3