9 hours ago, Seriya said:

What was that letter the actor who played PCS gave to SYJ?  Was it his way of saying thank you to her that he said he didn't get the chance to do so on the set of CLOY? It really was sweet that he sang her favourite song. I think he's the same age as SYJ, so does he refer to her as a senior due to her seniority as an actor rather than in age?  He did seem a bit nervous and shy to see SYJ, so different from PCS character!  Not surprised if these actors do get nervous doing the first table read with all these other senior actors, especially as part of it is filmed.  Hopefully they'll have a CLOY cast and crew reunion in the future.  I guess they don't have something like a Paley TV festival in SK where cast of TV shows get together to talk about the show? 

Yeah, thanks to the fans on twitter who translated a bit more of the fan meet which revealed some new tidbits about her.  Still hoping for a transcript sometime.

Where does the idea that SYJ likes to bake/is a good baker come from? I just know of the IG post where her friend complimented her Italian cooking.  I wonder if she's been baking bread like many of us have been during covid.  It seems like SYJ likes her carbs heh as I think she's also mentioned tteokboki as one of her favourite foods. 

I do love the fact that SYJ loves to eat and isn't shy to admit it.  That fan question at Busan Film Festival where a fan actually admitted to watching SYJ eat a lot at a food tent at a festival cracked me up.  And I love how SYJ candidly admitted she just has a big appetite and ate ramen she couldn't resist before that appearance and she exercises hard to keep fit.  At the same time, I hate that actresses probably feel pressure and get questions about their weight in a way male actors don't.  I get that she says she has to watch what she eats while filming and must want to look her best onscreen, but say filming something exhausting like CLOY for months in winter, I hope she was able to eat healthy and filling food to give her good energy.

HB and SYJ both mentioned lunch on TN set.  Does anyone know how lunch was on CLOY set? Do people in a kdrama set generally eat with each other in a common space or it's lead actors off to the trailers and eating there?

Unfortunately, I'm not surprised at such comments.  There's always a negative element in every fandom where fan entitlement takes over.  Which is why I do feel conflicted about real life shipping because I've seen how ugly it can get in a previous fandom when some fans can't handle disappointment, or the reality being different from fandom narrative/fandom "fact", and then end up turning on, blaming the objects of their affection.  I am not saying that will happen here, but for some fans, whatever is given will never be enough because they project their own desires onto these actors and forget they are not puppet dolls to fulfil their own desires but real people we don't actually know with real lives.  What we see on the internet and social media is but a very small fraction of their real lives, or in some cases, not even a real reflection of it.  A shipper lens can change your perspective and we all have a confirmation bias, I think it's wise to remember that when counting crumbs.  This is not to be a debbie downer on the ship but just a kind reminder to keep perspective.  I don't see having doubts, or not conclusively thinking they are together as any betrayal of the ship or whatever because I think it's actually good to acknowledge we don't know these people, certainly not in a personal, private way.  In a way, I think there's fandom narrative and then there's actual reality and the two may or may not cross at certain points, which we don't know.  Shipping and speculation can be fun as long as it's light hearted imo, with no expectations, and with the understanding that we shouldn't impose our personal wishes on them, and we certainly don't know better than them how to live their lives, what or who they want and need.  

SYJ mentioned that she has spent a lot of time on her phone and at home in the past few months.  I don't know what she looks at online, but if she's seen negative or wholly inappropriately intrusive comments by "fans", hopefully she doesn't let them affect her.  So I well understand why HB choose not to have social media altogether.  But celebrities are only human too, and I hope people bear that in mind whenever they write anything online.  I think if you're an actor/celebrity and already have to share a lot of yourself with the public, and the public has this huge interest in all you do and all your personal relationships, you would try even harder to preserve your privacy.  Their works are for public consumption; their personal relationships are not.  I think if a relationship were special to me, then I would want to save that for my private space to keep it special.  Honestly, I don't know what I would make of such intense interest in my private relationships if I were a celebrity.  Hopefully I wouldn't let it affect me or any relationship, because fans really should have no bearing whatsoever on your personal life decisions.  This whole idea of having to confirm or deny anything to the public, to make any announcement, is not to my taste at all though I see that what most celebs feel they have to do in celeb culture. 

This analogy made me laugh.  But our happiness (returns on the stock market) shouldn't depend on how Binjin choose or not choose to live their lives.  Because their lives are their own, and our lives are our own.  We make our own happiness in our own lives and they individually/together make theirs in their lives.  Binjin's happiness returns also don't depend on our investment in them. 

Where does the idea that SYJ likes to bake/is a good baker come from?

At Japan FM the MC asked her

MC: What was your childhood dream?

SYJ: I really loved bread when I was little and wanted to be a baker cause then I could eat as much bread as I wanted to

MC: Do you still like bread?

SYJ: I still really love bread, but I can't eat as much as I want to when I work

It's funny to find that HB likes to eat bread too, I have read one article than during military service he can spend one hundred thousand won to buy snacks and breads for one times , it was big amount because the price at military camp is very cheap and if he had military holiday he would buy some bread too.

SYJ mentioned that she has spent a lot of time on her phone and at home in the past few months.  I don't know what she looks at online, but if she's seen negative or wholly inappropriately intrusive comments by "fans", hopefully she doesn't let them affect her.

Actually, when I read some bad comments for her at twitter or IG ,said she used mediaplay ,said it's good that KHN declined the drama Cut to heart than be another victim of SYJ's mediaplay , some said that she is old ,she is ugly, etc...I think if I was SYJ, I will be hurt. But I'm so happy when at Sept 21 she post on her IG to thankfull and appreciate her fans, if  we read the letter she wrote it with  thankful heart and full of gratitude, she has positive energy positive mind,  she can close her IG comment to avoid some antis if she wants, but she doesn't.

Maybe one of the reason for antis because HB is one of famous and hottest actor in Korea, so there is a lot of shipper, the large one is BJ and BK.

At March issue of W KOREA 2017, SHK was asked who she wanted to work with in the future and she said, "I imagined a picture with a bunch of actresses and it included Jeon Do-yeon, Kim Hye-soo and Jun Ji-hyun. I want to know how they are on site and what kind of synergy we could create".

I heard a female version of "Ocean's Eleven" was in process in Hollywood. I wonder how great it will be if that happened in Korea. I also want to try working with Jun Ji-hyun and Son Ye-jin because they have colors of their own and they have had more movie experience than me. I wish we'd met sooner".

I think both of SYJ and SHK are very beautiful, if people always compare each other it will be endless ,both of them has been in K-ent industry more than 20 years and be the A -list actress is not easy, both of them have different charms and talents, let be respectful shipper not to said bad words for another.

Whoever HB  wants to spend his rest life with, I'm sure not everyone will satisfied, but I will respect, because SHE is HB want to spend his rest life with not us. I will always support them whatever the result.

• Like 4
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 2
  • Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BinJin Timeline (Part A): (Based on facts or sightings reported by Koreans/Korean Medias and not based on fan imagination that’s for sure)   2003: HB attended YJ ‘One Moment to Remember

WOW, apparently when you leave to go on an ice-cream, crying, CLOY-rewatch, drinking binge post Baeksangs, you come back to 40 new added members and 40 new pages of content, PLUS a million new species

Hi all,    I was introduced to CLOY January of this year, and was instantly hooked and binged watched all available episodes and eagerly awaited every weekend when new episodes are released.

5 hours ago, shelly 98 said:

lot of shipper, the large one is BJ and BK.

I beg to disagree with BK. They are only FEW filipino fans pushing that ship to revive again. They are the one who always connect trees, animals, animals, animals, to believe their ship.

I pity Son Ye Jin unnie, only because of a MAN, some of them are trying to ruin her clean and good image, trying to put her in a bad light, mudslinging and non stop harsh words against her. She don't deserve this. Only Hyun Bin could put a stop to this. 

• Like 9
  • Off-Topic 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Wiggle 1
3 hours ago, Babycake82 said:

I sometimes wish HB would speak up once and for all, but then again, i'm sure he has his reasons for being silent. And even if he did, we can't be assured that the bashing will stop.

Re the FEW filipino bashers, i was surprised to learn that they are actually around 3-4 people who use multiple accounts. Must be tiring talking and fooling themselves. :lol:Wouldn't even call them at par with the binjins all over the world, including celebrities rooting for YJ and HB. :heart:

• Like 9
  • Shocked 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Not forcing them in admitting just wondering Why o why.. Hmm..

I remember HB interview in 2010 or 2011on tvn taxi  im not sure of the date.. She was asked directly by one of the female emcee "Are you dating?? He answered Yes without hesitation.. 

My point is if the SK ent.want to know the real score of BINJIN WHY nobody  dare to asked HB directly with same question "Are you dating somebody or are you and YJ dating"?directly  in an interview unlike there is a rumor etc those questions can be answered in many ups and turns.!..haha wonder what will be his response!

Just like in 2018  when he was a guest in the star idol i think the host asked directly " YJ and you are Close Right?.." and he admitted it directly! YES WE ARE CLOSE !:)..

I wonder why they do not do that kind of asking strategy  if they want to know the truth???HB is really an Honest Man after all..

• Like 11

This whole October, Binjin shipper's twitter moots holding a fan event of creating content based on certain keywords everyday. I really love the positive energy; this kind of shipping activity can bring out the best of us. Check the hashtag, it's so cool!! Any kind of content present; photo edit, video edit, poem, fanfiction, painting, handicraft, all there. Binjin shippers are a talented bunch, really. And everyone is so supportive of each other. Click the spoiler for a few entries of today; someone even made a song! Our fandom is really the best  :love:

Spoiler

I hope this will put an end to the endless fanwar, since everyone will be busy preparing and appreciating the day's entry for the whole month:approves:

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 7
1 hour ago, binjinPhDfan said:

What can you say about this?!?

We are free to agree and disagree. But I'm sorry to say this. Overanalyzing over uncertain things really not a healthy habit. I think most of all would agree. We don't really need this kind of "crumbs". Their actions speaks louder than this kind of things. Isn't it tiring sometimes when we do check and overanalyze? Frustration comes when things happened not according to your favor. All of us want to live longer so it's better for us to enjoy what has been served merely from their interviews and actions. Hyun Bin is a man with less words, he speaks through his actions. He will come forward when he is ready. Let him get enough rest from exhausted long filming. Both BinJin are private people. So please don't put too much pressures by overanalyzing things or situations. Shall we wait until then? Thanks to this soompi, as I found this is a great platform to remind each other and low-key our actions. Others platform are bit scary though especially reading all those tweets. Definitely not for low faint hearted people because you are going to jump into a deep sea in a seconds. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1
43 minutes ago, Peony22 said:

Not forcing them in admitting just wondering Why o why.. Hmm..

I remember HB interview in 2010 or 2011on tvn taxi  im not sure of the date.. She was asked directly by one of the female emcee "Are you dating?? He answered Yes without hesitation.. 

My point is if the SK ent.want to know the real score of BINJIN WHY nobody  dare to asked HB directly with same question "Are you dating somebody or are you and YJ dating"?directly  in an interview unlike there is a rumor etc those questions can be answered in many ups and turns.!..haha wonder what will be his response!

Just like in 2018  when he was a guest in the star idol i think the host asked directly " YJ and you are Close Right?.." and he admitted it directly! YES WE ARE CLOSE !:)..

I wonder why they do not do that kind of asking strategy  if they want to know the truth???HB is really an Honest Man after all..

Of course he answered yes without hesitation in Taxi. Everyone in SK knew he was in a relationship that time.

I don't think HB is the type who prefers to expose his private life to the public, e.g. you can't find any pics revealing hid parents, contrary to YJ's parents. Him admitting relationships in the past was more like respecting his partners. If his partner feels comfortable revealing to the public, he follows suit.

And we don't really know if HB has always been so transparent about his love life. What if there was even more apart from the two relationships which were known by the public?

Spoiler

(Yes. I believe he has had more relationships than the revealed ones. It's not even plausible for such a hot guy to have just 2 relationships in 10 years. :joy:)

Frankly speaking, HB has no obligation to share his private life to his fans.

About the SK media part, the industry worked very differently from other countries. Questions being asked in the press conference are always screened beforehand. SK media must be very curious about their true relationship but I don't think any of the related questions got passed by either Vast or MSTeam.:lol:

• Like 12
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 4

Oh ! As i read some other social sites, it makes my heart broken if other people keep on bashing our dear Mrs. Ye Jin Kim..Yet if only i am miss ye jin, i will feed these bashers more with positive vibes containing my hyun bin...if only am her..

For expecting Dear Hyun Bin to give a statement regarding those bashings or the continuation of speculating rumor reuniting with the other actress, i think he will definitely do if it reaches his juriscdiction like Korea same thing with  what he did during his sharp denial made in july..But if those rumors and bashings are made outside Korea, he wont bother  as long as it doesnt circulate in the korean social industry..Hyun Bin knows better  than any one of us. They are BIG STARS so absolutely they have their own prominent advisers advising them when and how to address a rumor. Binjin knows that their relationship is very stable and strong that even a nasty rumors around outside korea cant destract their well founded relationship.

And also , some blaming Hyun Bin about why there are people foul mouthed Ye jin..Please dont blame our dear Hyun Bin..Hyun Bin did nothing wrong with his queen than to love her deeply, seriously and didicatedly. Our man is inlove with his wife so he does nothing but appreciating her , respecting her and loving her which is the only way how he shows his supports to ye jin..He is not quiet after all. He stated recently that seri-yejin is the most beautiful and wonderful woman in the world and no one can refute that. He gives his positive voice towards yejin to counteract those bashers bashing his wife negatively.

For me Binjin is Existing!

If Yejin hurts and cries

Hyun Bin hurts more and cries

If Hyun Bin cries because Ye jin cries

It makes me cry..

Please dont make us cry.

Spread love . And let Love reigns and be Sovereign.

• Like 9
  • Love 7
  • Wiggle 1
1 hour ago, The Negotiation said:

Oh ! As i read some other social sites, it makes my heart broken if other people keep on bashing our dear Mrs. Ye Jin Kim..Yet if only i am miss ye jin, i will feed these bashers more with positive vibes containing my hyun bin...if only am her..

For expecting Dear Hyun Bin to give a statement regarding those bashings or the continuation of speculating rumor reuniting with the other actress, i think he will definitely do if it reaches his juriscdiction like Korea same thing with  what he did during his sharp denial made in july..But if those rumors and bashings are made outside Korea, he wont bother  as long as it doesnt circulate in the korean social industry..

Well Jinnie's team also doesn't seem to be bother with it or we just going to continue to call her team being slow. Maybe it is because they don't read what it is being said about them or how there is potential fan wars etc on actresses etc. We all know SK entertainment is small they all have mutual friends. Who knows how long SYJ and SHK were neighbours over the years - They had also both attended a wedding in January 2009. Plus SHK had shown interest in wanting to work with SYJ in the past. Fans always have to make a competition happen I find especially with Korean actors. Not sure why. Is it because of Koreans and their polls? I would think it doesn't bother them personally in their real life. 

You hear all the time especially in Korean entertainment that being an actor is a lonely profession. Why lots of actors have already passed 40 years old now either seem to miss their timing on marriage or haven't thought much on marriage.

We are all entitled to believe what we want to believe. We have over 3 years worth of their relationship having gotten stronger over the years. We don't need to over analyze like others are doing. There is the healthy route of cheering on two people you believe are in a relationship and there is the unhealthy route of creating stuff and rumors that you want to believe is real. 

I don't think it is HB's choice to have to come clean and do any sort of defending at all. He already said what he had to say in the summer. It was 4 denial statements - very short and simple. I think it summed everything up. Whether people want to believe what was said in the summer on those rumors is up to those people. 

However, we know if it  does make SK news again, he will definitely do something. Or maybe do another thing about malicious comments and rumors again ( we know the reason for that in January was due to the scandal going on with his close friends)

@BinJin99 Please stop bringing up KNG. He is a friend of both of them

I am sure KNG is also enjoying his simple life. Who knows if he is dating or is even interested in dating. lol. ex. Ha Ji Won, Gong Yoo, Yoon Eun Hye and Jung Woo Sung are many actors they know and are friends with who have all shared their thoughts on dating and marriage recently (some were earlier in the year). None seem to be in a rush or interested lol. 

Shin Min Ah and Kim Woo Bin are still dating. They haven't rush into marriage yet.

Maybe they just rather date longer than rush into marriage? We don't know.. They haven't given an update on their thoughts on dating and marriage since 2018. 

• Like 14
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

We are all entitled to believe what we want to believe. We have over 3 years worth of their relationship having gotten stronger over the years. We don't need to over analyze like others are doing. There is the healthy route of cheering on two people you believe are in a relationship and there is the unhealthy route of creating stuff and rumors that you want t

I totally agree!! Bravo! We will never know our couple, never know why they know they belong together, (or not). I firmly believe they are, could be wrong, but am happily on this ship. 
as for the anti’s, I personally do not care and would guess, key word guess, that Jinnie and her group don’t care either. It is part of social media and a consequence of being a beautiful, very talented, and hugely popular actress. 
Just my thoughts. :happy2:

• Like 12
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

I found an old article from 2012 of SYJ, Haha and YoonA at Leessang concert in July. It is the group that Gary Kang is in and we know Jinnie tag his son in May (we know she is a fan of Running Man/The Return of the Superman - his son had also mistaken HB for the musician)

2012071617044071535_01_952.jpg

https://m.mtn.co.kr/news/news_view.php?mmn_idx=2012071617044071535

I was listening to some of the songs from that time! There was one that Leessang did with Yoon Mi Rae and 10CM.. Anyways' the lyrics are actually dirty :lol: So I won't post the video here. I will leave you with this small part of the song:

I love you so much

So I turned off the TV

• Like 7