[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

So is this Aloha Cafe Hawaii video from his own travels? 

It is some kind of travel diary shot by his agency or was it for a show?

HB looks 18 in it , though he was almost 28-29 then! Please tell me what the Koreans eat, i want to eat it too and look as young!

Younger HB was much more talkative and somehow more free and innocent. He got more serious with age. Looks like he has found his jam with a certain Yejin-sshi.

• LOL 13
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, binyeji said:

If that's true and they all declined, then it's very good and m very happy.  I don't think i would have known 2 wonderful cuties called HB or SYJ without this show. And neither would I have loved the show so much for so long. It truly is Destiny after all.

While all these other actors are really handsome & might be great actors too in their own ways, it is really the HB-SYJ combo that creates the magic in the show which makes us all so crazy about it even after 5-6 months!. 

I still find it very difficult to move on from CLOY or to fangirl over other actors now. 

Other shows i watched after CLOY are forgettable. These 2 stole my heart in CLOY and won't return it back! :please:

Hang-on....

I think the story re other actors being offered the script before settling on the actual actor who played the Main Lead was actually on DOTS, where 4 other actors were asked before settling with SJK as the main male lead... If Binnie was also asked, then that made it to 5...

https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/4-famous-actors-almost-played-yoo-si-jin-instead-song-joong-ki-descendants-sun/

I read about this on FB a few weeks ago... didn't really pay much attention to it, well, because it wasn't about CLOY &/or BinJin, so my interest was close to nil..

This is the first time I've heard of Binnie being not the first (& only) choice for playing Capt. Ri...

p.s. I hope the article link works...

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, eLizza said:

For  whatever reason he let go of DOTS I m glad cause CLOY wouldn't have been possible without Binnie .

@eLizza  @Kahlua2019Imagine a world without CLOY and imagine CLOY without Binnie.  Just cannot!  For whatever reason those articles came out about HB not being being the first choice (I saw a YT clip about it as well and it does reek of click and bait), all is well that fate and destiny prevailed and the world is better for it.

I still believe CLOY is HB and SYJ's love story to tell.  Too many parallels not only in characterization, situations and even real life events- BinJin should have gotten co-writers credit!  The chemistry of the leads is a huge part of  why the drama clicked!  

@QueenieBee @mamipoppins I  agree with you both and don't buy a CLOY part 2 for a minute.  People  could petition all they want, I don't think that will happen.  

For me the best CLOY ending is the same reason we are all here on this ship-to see their happily ever after , no sequels necessary.

• Like 5
  • Love 12
  • Awesome 2

15 hours ago, Cherie Cee said:

Could it be that SYJ put her foot down when she heard about this 3 day quarantine requirement in SK prior to HB's departure??? 

Especially since the 3 day fell into a weekend and I am sure she had wanted to spend as much time with Binnie until the very  minute he had to leave for the airport (or the last minute till he had to go down his heavily tinted van at Incheon,hehe). They needed babe time before he literally has to spend time in a desert!

Going back a couple pages, this rings VERY true from a lovey, girly perspective. We're gonna miss our guy and we cling to him before he goes. And that's why we know SYJ was the one in the car--they would want every second since quarantine rules and long plane rides are going to make visits very difficult. Every last second together.

I've watched the Incheon video a few times, and it seems HB is gesturing to someone to go ahead and leave, like, "Bye. It's fine. Go ahead." You do NOT gesture that way to your driver or any employee who works for you because their welfare is not on your mind. They work for you, so they watch over you. You only wave as a last gesture and tell someone they can go if you care for them, if you know they have come to the airport to see you off, if it's someone who you know is sad to see you go and also a little worried for your welfare on your journey. Then you give a wave and tell them it's ok to go. But they don't go. Because you are each worried about the other.  :criesariver:

Jinnie was in that car FOR SURE. Like no doubt in my mind. They are so adorable and cute. Why do I love them so much?  

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14
  • Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, luvlove said:

and it seems HB is gesturing to someone to go ahead and leave, like, "Bye. It's fine. Go ahead.

wasn’t he talking to the girl from his team? 

oh so the Arab reporter is a K pop fan? That’s nice

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

36 minutes ago, binyeji said:

So is this Aloha Cafe Hawaii video from his own travels? 

It is some kind of travel diary shot by his agency or was it for a show?

HB looks 18 in it , though he was almost 28-29 then! Please tell me what the Koreans eat, i want to eat it too and look as young!

Younger HB was much more talkative and somehow more free and innocent. He got more serious with age. Looks like he has found his jam with a certain Yejin-sshi.

hahaa yea he filmed in maybe a week? There was a date on it. There was a date at one point in the music video for the Aloha Cafe Dream dvd i had watched in regards to Hawaii.  He filmed a lot of his travels back then. Aloha Cafe Dream, Dream in My Heart CD (with two songs he recorded). He also filmed My Way (SeGa/Berlin festival time?) dvd - these all came out while he was in military. He really does stuff for his fans it seems :) KBS Documentary of Three Days also did a documentary and showed footage of HB while he was in the Marines. Obviously I haven't really watched these as I don't know Korean hahaa. There is so much I can watch before going I wish I can understand haha

• Like 3

Back from lurking! So many new crumbs :waves:

I really don’t think Jinnie was in HB’s car at the Airport. Such an unnecessary risk for an additional few minutes... we have to remember how protective these two are of their privacy. 3 words: Never. Seen. Out. (Except in LA but that’s a different country a d they’re “close” friends...)

Still LOLing at that Binnie video posted by MS Team... oh to be a fly on that wall and know what actually went down!!! Who was stalking binnie???

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

41 minutes ago, binyeji said:

wasn’t he talking to the girl from his team? 

oh so the Arab reporter is a K pop fan? That’s nice

yea he was talking to the girl from his team :) Yea based on the journalist youtube page he is a huge Korean fan hehe.

All these hints from Binnie and having chosen Philippines - being an endorser of both Smart and Bench, letter to his fans and he really wanted to do an interview in Jordan for his Arab fans. I am very certain he is going to do fan meetings once covid/pandemic is resolved. With the new interest in CLOY in Japan which Jinnie has now getting offers for and Binnie getting mentioned there in magazines - thanks to CLOY. It also makes me wonder if they will also both be doing something in Japan :) 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, luvlove said:

I've watched the Incheon video a few times, and it seems HB is gesturing to someone to go ahead and leave, like, "Bye. It's fine. Go ahead." You do NOT gesture that way to your driver or any employee who works for you because their welfare is not on your mind.

I couldn't quite understand the two fist on top of each other gesture :lol:

I was watching a video on Korean Body Languages. And I learned about "bullets of love" lol. Basically you do two gun hand gestures (similar meaning to cupid's arrow) Then I wonder if this is Binnie's version of bam bam LOL! :lol:

:heart4:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, CartPusherInLA said:

@QueenieBee @mamipoppins I don't buy a CLOY part 2 for a minute.  You could petition all you want, I don't think that will happen.  

I think you're mistaken - I am not even for a season 2. It's a dead end.

I told the OP that the sites pinkvilla and devsdiscourse are both clickbait sites and CLOY part 2 articles have been popping up in those sites since spring. You can check it if you want. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mamipoppins said:

I think you're mistaken - I am not even for a season 2. It's a dead end.

I told the OP that the sites pinkvilla and devsdiscourse are both clickbait sites and CLOY part 2 articles have been popping up in those sites since spring. You can check it if you want. 

I am not sure why there are misleading articles about CLOY season 2 and people actually believing those articles? I know the show has a lot of international fans now and they are just merely using the show for clickbait news. It is quite unfortunate. Same with Amazon trying to sell CLOY DVD lol Sigh..

Hmm I just learned from watching The Way that HB uses the term "D Day" to describe a big event lol. In this it was the Berlin Film Festival premiere and he was basically seen getting ready in a tux. The subtitles/his voiceover were morning of D Day :lol:

• Like 8

CLOY is not the first drama with clickbait about a so called s2 , other dramas petition for s2 when the first ends in any terms for the characters. Despite the success - we don't even have DVD?Blu-ray - regarding the amazon fake ones - I haven't managed to find any listings but its fake 100% - SD turned down the whole production from cafes - rumors were spreading it was due to low demand when that was far more truth. There was big demand but for whatever reason they turned it down. Maybe distribution issues with Netflix since its still a big hit around - still no official merchandise - wish for a novel or something .....I would buy it for sure. 

I love how he was 22% in ratings and she was more down the earth - if it doesn't do as much - ratings are not everything ....and he insisted 22% . For me the fact aside the whole "smoke project LA " the fact they did a huge ambiguous project like this one it meant a lot . Rewarded them and everyone involved.

Sometimes taking risks it rewards you. In the end it doesn't matter who was offered first - second - it always matters in a project like this one who says yes .

Even though I don't believe until a source close to production verify that - because there was NOT ONE mention for discussions for any of the other names - and they ALL were BIG names so...... unless they weren't sure about the 1. investors 2. story 3. names for the main 2 and they were keeping it under wraps until they had the names for it in a positive manner of discussions , besides HB and YJ both were under discussions for awhile until they agreed. 

There are so many click baiting sites , I wonder if I make one I might have better headlines and better and more accurate content than that. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Also is there is a reason why he decided to call this DVD/film My Way.. It is literally messing with my brain right now lol. As SYJ in 2010 as we know was in talks to star with JDG in a Hollywood film originally called "D Day" and later it was called My Way.. Like what the :lol: And he is literally using "D Day" in this too... This is basically post SeGa in January 2011 (sometime after he finished the drama) and focusing on Berlin Film Festival in February lol.. 

Now I am back thinking about that week in June :lol:

• LOL 8

Quoting So coming back to my own personal opinion/theory... like I said, I'm not completely closed to the idea that there could have been other actors in mind or approached initially and there's a possibility we will find that out later if it's true... but I think that after HB/YJ openly stated that they wanted to work on a romcom/melo together at basically every single interview during TN promos in 2018 (LOL), the writer heard it loud and clear, and took a hold of a golden opportunity and pursued them. The reason why I think there are parallels to their real selves/relationship, is because she was working on the script basically for all of 2019, and so she probably customized/tailored it to the both of them once they confirmed. 

The bottom line is, the writer had this idea for almost a decade and worked hard on the script to make the NK aspect of it authentic, ended up pursuing HB/YJ for the roles, tailored the details of these roles to them, and it ended up being an amazing drama that has introduced so many newbies to K-drama while being a fun, nostalgic throwback to K-drama veterans. So thankful for writer Park Ji-Eun, and of course to HB and YJ, for gifting us with CLOY. 

I am in agreement with the above and you couldn't have said it better @celest1al. I think the mutual declaration of BinJin about working together in another genre, a romcom or melodrama, sparked a lot of interests among people in the K-ent. I bet a lot wheels started turning in industey heads on how they could bank in on this declaration.  And if indeed Park Ji-Eun has had the CLOY story in the backburner for a long time, she seized the opportunity of casting BinJin in CLOY and they really breathed life into their characters. I dare say, they set their characters on fire, as never before that such a dynamic chemistry been seen in the kdrama world. This casting is indeed genius! So whatever claim that the RJH role was previously offered to other actors becomes immaterial, as HB's performance in it was stellar. Yes, it would be nice to know years down the line how the casting really happened, but the fact that CLOY is the way CLOY is, is all what matters.

• Like 17
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1