Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ElectricHearts

[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

Recommended Posts

Sam Worthington & Son Ye Jin will be main leads for Cross movie

 

Cross has been in development for over 10 years, but Andrew Niccol  became interested in incorporating Korean elements after visiting South Korea in 2019 for inspiration, as Korea is the only divided nation in the world. He personally contacted Son Ye Jin for a role in his movie. Cross is expected to begin filming in Korea in March 2021.

 

xdkV4gIbtl3bh-NS4SqVClYfx6vh9K-1tLBYF-E6

 

 

Son Ye Jin and Lee Sun Gyun are preparing to make their Hollywood debut in new movie Cross, starring Sam Worthington and directed by Andrew Niccol.

 

According to an exclusive report from Star News, Son Ye Jin will star in Cross opposite Sam Worthington, who is known for his roles in Avataras Jake Sully and Clash of the Titansas Perseus. A second exclusive report from Star News stated that Lee Sun Gyun was also offered a role in Cross, and he is seriously considering his options.

 

Cross will be directed by Andrew Niccol, famous for his science-fiction movies such as In Time, Gattaca, and The Truman Show. Cross is a futuristic movie where a multiracial country gets split into two. It will tell the story of people stuck between the two nations, where one side is poor and one side is wealthy.

 

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/son-ye-jin-lee-sun-gyun-make-hollywood-debut-in-new-movie-sam-worthington/

 

Original Scripts in 2009

 

Mylar (Sam Worthington) and his younger brother Castro come to a town to cross the border in search of a better life. The two travelers, full of hope, all too quickly realize that their journey leads them to an inescapable world full of doom. The enigmatic border is strictly enforced under the command of a guard, Guideon [Cassel?], who prohibits anyone from ever leaving. Castro doesn’t make it alive past two weeks, but Mylar defies all odds and becomes the first to successfully cross the border. And he also becomes the first to come back… all for the love of a woman, Vera (Son Ye Jin), Mylar must now devise a plan not only to set himself free, but all of his fellow citizens as well. But perhaps crossing the border is not the answer. Perhaps the key lies in altering the border and whatever it may represent…

 

https://www.slashfilm.com/concept-art-for-the-cross-gattaca-helmer-andrew-niccols-next-film/

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Rickroll'D 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, September 22@binjin said:

 

1.)She got the offer sometimes in 2019, binnie got bargaining offer in 2019 as well, binjin had one whole year , they definitely discussed it thoroughly and has something or more specifically some date in mind ( I am using" they" as they both are one unit and I believe they are at the stage in the relationship where they discuss everything as one's life impact other half of our OTP). Now all we have to do is wait ,it will be either after bargaining release at the end of this year or after Jinnie's Hollywood release ( that might be actually one day in June next year).

 

I don't think the movie, Cross, would come out next year too. It would be 2022 lol. Hollywood movies don't get release dates that early once in post production especially if it is let's say it is Oscar worthy and they want to submit the film in for festivals like Venice, Cannes and TIFF etc. So next year will at least be Bargaining premiere, whether it can aim for early than fall release date, we shall see. If they want to aim for Cannes, they need to finish the film earlier in the year. 

  • Like 1
  • Insightful 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MY15 said:

 

@ElectricHearts

I'm sorry. But you have made some assumptions here which is not right.

 

I see that you have always been very enthusiastic and add your comments on practically everything. When unsure or if you do not have the facts on other matters besides shipping the couple, it is better to refrain :smile:


In all fairness, she did say “I think” so it’s not like she is assuming them as facts per se. So perhaps it’s best to refrain from calling people out unnecessarily. I thought twice about responding to this but I am

just not for having this passive aggressive energy in this forum.

  • Like 13
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MY15 said:

 

@ElectricHearts

I'm sorry. But you have made some assumptions here which is not right.

 

Sorry I follow Hollywood news a lot and follow festival circuits and stuff.  A bit related to my job/I follow the film industry a lot (aside from SK one as that is new)  So I know the pattern of things for that. It may sound rude but sadly, it is the truth lol. On how they usually market their films I have noticed lol. Of course I dont know what has changed for the script. I can only have an idea and my wish is for something different than the usual female and male lead roles kind of story lines. I assume it is different if SYJ is interested in the movie. I tend to get more drawn towards more independent movies in Hollywood as the script tends to be more interesting to me rather than a Hollywood blockbuster movie. Like it is hard for me to get interested in Hollywood movies with lack of Asian representations and I always want more movies with a strong female lead. I am one first all about actors and their careers than "shipping". LOL! I haven't shipped a couple since 2007? when Heroes was on the air. That couple then did end up later dating lol. Then again I didn't like two people so much together and believed them as a couple since HB and SYJ. 

  • Like 10
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wooh, it has been quite busy these past days with all the news we are getting. 

I have to admit that I am one of those shippers who wished that BinJin would give their personal lives priority. But Hollywood is calling so...
I’m happy for Ye Jin. She deserves all the recognition. She’s not just an exemplary actress but a great human being as well. I’m sure HB is so proud of her. I hope and pray that everything will work out for them especially with their special relationship and their plans on their future together. 
 

I need your 2 cents about this statement from her agency: 

 

“On July 6, Son Ye Jin’s agency MS Team Entertainment responded to the reports that the actress was set to star in the new film. Although hinting that it was almost a certainty that she would be starring in the movie, the agency was cautious with its words as it stated, “Son Ye Jin is in talks for the movie ‘Cross,’ and the outlook is favorable. Unless there are any huge changes, she’ll be going through with it.“
 

:surprisedwut:

Based on this Soompi article, they are still negotiating on the offer. I am just curious as to what “unless there are any huge changes“ mean? Are they wanting to stipulate it on the contract that there might be conditions that will happen between now and March that will give them the option to back out? I would to love to hear what you guys think. 
 

Cheers! 

  • Like 14
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Edelweiss88 said:

Wooh, it has been quite busy these past days with all the news we are getting. 

I have to admit that I am one of those shippers who wished that BinJin would give their personal lives priority. But Hollywood is calling so...
I’m happy for Ye Jin. She deserves all the recognition. She’s not just an exemplary actress but a great human being as well. I’m sure HB is so proud of her. I hope and pray that everything will work out for them especially with their special relationship and their plans on their future together. 
 

I need your 2 cents about this statement from her agency: 

 

“On July 6, Son Ye Jin’s agency MS Team Entertainment responded to the reports that the actress was set to star in the new film. Although hinting that it was almost a certainty that she would be starring in the movie, the agency was cautious with its words as it stated, “Son Ye Jin is in talks for the movie ‘Cross,’ and the outlook is favorable. Unless there are any huge changes, she’ll be going through with it.“
 

:surprisedwut:

Based on this Soompi article, they are still negotiating on the offer. I am just curious as to what “unless there are any huge changes“ mean? Are they wanting to stipulate it on the contract that there might be conditions that will happen between now and March that will give them the option to back out? I would to love to hear what you guys think. 
 

Cheers! 

SYJ and her team are being smart here. They must make sure there is no last minute stuff added in the script that would offend their culture and their country. Knowing Hollywood they are not always respectful of other people's cultures and there is often a need to make the white characters ''saviors''. I truly hope the script is respectful to all parties involved. They better also be very careful if there is any North Korea mention. 

  • Like 7
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soompi had more details on the movie and apparently it will not be based on real nations. GOOD! I was kinda worried they would go there again with North vs South with Hollywood involved it would be a real disaster lol. If they go the Avatar route with a fake nation then that's better! I'm even more excited now knowing where they could go with this. 

  • Like 12
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hallyu said:

Sam Worthington & Son Ye Jin will be main leads for Cross movie

 

Cross has been in development for over 10 years, but Andrew Niccol  became interested in incorporating Korean elements after visiting South Korea in 2019 for inspiration, as Korea is the only divided nation in the world. He personally contacted Son Ye Jin for a role in his movie. Cross is expected to begin filming in Korea in March 2021.

 

xdkV4gIbtl3bh-NS4SqVClYfx6vh9K-1tLBYF-E6

 

 

Son Ye Jin and Lee Sun Gyun are preparing to make their Hollywood debut in new movie Cross, starring Sam Worthington and directed by Andrew Niccol.

 

According to an exclusive report from Star News, Son Ye Jin will star in Cross opposite Sam Worthington, who is known for his roles in Avataras Jake Sully and Clash of the Titansas Perseus. A second exclusive report from Star News stated that Lee Sun Gyun was also offered a role in Cross, and he is seriously considering his options.

 

Cross will be directed by Andrew Niccol, famous for his science-fiction movies such as In Time, Gattaca, and The Truman Show. Cross is a futuristic movie where a multiracial country gets split into two. It will tell the story of people stuck between the two nations, where one side is poor and one side is wealthy.

 

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/son-ye-jin-lee-sun-gyun-make-hollywood-debut-in-new-movie-sam-worthington/

 

Original Scripts in 2009

 

Mylar (Sam Worthington) and his younger brother Castro come to a town to cross the border in search of a better life. The two travelers, full of hope, all too quickly realize that their journey leads them to an inescapable world full of doom. The enigmatic border is strictly enforced under the command of a guard, Guideon [Cassel?], who prohibits anyone from ever leaving. Castro doesn’t make it alive past two weeks, but Mylar defies all odds and becomes the first to successfully cross the border. And he also becomes the first to come back… all for the love of a woman, Vera (Son Ye Jin), Mylar must now devise a plan not only to set himself free, but all of his fellow citizens as well. But perhaps crossing the border is not the answer. Perhaps the key lies in altering the border and whatever it may represent…

 

https://www.slashfilm.com/concept-art-for-the-cross-gattaca-helmer-andrew-niccols-next-film/

 

 

Why does this plot remnd me of CLOY? :rolleyes:

  • LOL 7
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, CartPusherInLA said:

 

On an important side note... nothing has been set in stone yet. As @charrayhas mentioned no studio has backed it up for funding, the IMDB pages of the director and Sam Worthington don't have that info updated.  Hollywood itself is on an impasse, thanks to CoVid,.  Timelines could get shifted. 

 

This is a good point. I don't see any info on this project on Deadline or any of the other Hollywood sites that usually report on this sort of thing. IMDb  has some info on preproduction but only those with IMDb pro can access the info. The project was previously in developmental hell (not unusual) so it's hard to say what will happen. But the fact that they are actively casting suggests its moving forward. 

 

@Seri2020 haha it does sound like CLOY in a way, doesnt it? 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Seri2020 said:

Why does this plot remnd me of CLOY? :rolleyes:

Yess..two divided nations..One is rich and the other is extremely poor.. However there is major difference in the approach and atmosphere here.Even the story is grim.

BTW..!! I am always somehow reminded of CLOY references when I watch a different drama or movie .:D..It is like CLOY runs 24*7 in my mind... !!

  • Like 3
  • LOL 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edelweiss88 said:

Based on this Soompi article, they are still negotiating on the offer. I am just curious as to what “unless there are any huge changes“ mean? Are they wanting to stipulate it on the contract that there might be conditions that will happen between now and March that will give them the option to back out? I would to love to hear what you guys think. 

 

My guess could be change in filming timeline that SYJ and team may be concerned with, considering that this project was first mooted in 2009. Because she may have made other plans in the future which may be affected if the timeline for the filming shifted. You can guess what those future plans may be.

 

  • Like 7
  • Awesome 6
  • Insightful 4
  • Rickroll'D 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all, congrats to our queen SYJ!!!! Very well deserved as she has been working her RickRoll'D off for the last 20 years.

I'm also happy that they will film the movie in SK which means she gets to work on a Hollywood project without having to be separated from Binnie....double win! :D

And I dont think people should be worried about Binjin wedding not happening due to this movie...Someone on IG mentioned once a Korean actor accepts a project then they need to follow certain rules which involves not allowed to get married (not sure if this is true?) But even if it is true....this is a Hollywood project not Korean so I assume those rules won't apply? I've seen Blake Likely got married to Ryan Reynolds while she was still filming Gossip Girl and Gal Gadot was a few months pregnant while filming Wonder Woman to name a few....I guess it's safe to say these things don't matter in Hollywood :)

  • Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 4
  • Rickroll'D 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SlowMSTeam normally does not play PR.

MS Team's statement on Holywood offer to SYJ.

 

On July 6, Son Ye Jin’s agency MS Team Entertainment responded to the reports that the actress was set to star in the new film. Although hinting that it was almost a certainty that she would be starring in the movie, the agency was cautious with its words as it stated, “Son Ye Jin is in talks for the movie ‘Cross,’ and the outlook is favorableUnless there are any huge changes, she’ll be going through with it.”

 

P.S. There are more than 50 Korean media covering the news about SYJ's Holywood offer.

 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1411108wpp/son-ye-jin-reportedly-set-to-make-hollywood-debut-in-new-film-opposite-sam-worthington

  • Like 4
  • Awesome 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a lot of things going on here. But I just want to say I'm happy for the new movie for SYJ.

 

I'm happy for both of them actually.

 

I'm happy for everyone on this ship.

 

Ship ahoy everyone! Done backread 1016 pages.

:kaching1:

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ElectricHearts

Hello ElectricHearts, firstly, I apologise for posting my earlier comments publicly. I should have written to you privately instead. It never occurred at that time as I hardly comment. There was no ill intention.

 

But thank you for making the effort to reply and to explain your point of view. I would also like to explain my part and will send you a DM.

 

@wolfie26

You are like the pot calling the kettle...

 

There have been numerous posts from yourself discouraging contributors here from posting comments that you do not agree with or think should be posted only in private. It does not matter that you do not name them but we all know which posts you were referring to.

 

Several of the well respected contributors here have also written to question your authority and have refused to comply with your direction. Those posts started out gently but have become harsher recently as you have not listened. 

 

You should perhaps reflect on yourself too.

 

And remember your own words the next time you post to criticise others:

"Everyone is free to post and comment as many times as they want and like."

  • Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 10
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Edelweiss88 said:


I need your 2 cents about this statement from her agency: 

 

“On July 6, Son Ye Jin’s agency MS Team Entertainment responded to the reports that the actress was set to star in the new film. Although hinting that it was almost a certainty that she would be starring in the movie, the agency was cautious with its words as it stated, “Son Ye Jin is in talks for the movie ‘Cross,’ and the outlook is favorable. Unless there are any huge changes, she’ll be going through with it.“
 

:surprisedwut:

Based on this Soompi article, they are still negotiating on the offer. I am just curious as to what “unless there are any huge changes“ mean? Are they wanting to stipulate it on the contract that there might be conditions that will happen between now and March that will give them the option to back out? I would to love to hear what you guys think. 
 

Cheers! 

 

Based on what I've seen with Hollywood, here's a few off the top of my head:

 

1. Pay would be the #1 factor. Base salary, accelerators, share of box office, bonuses in cases of awards, etc. A lot of A-listers here in Hollywood have actually recently accepted lower base salaries for a higher cut of the box office haul. I believe this is how Jennifer Lopez structured her contract for Hustlers, which was a low-budget movie, and thus keeping it technically under budget, but she still ended up getting paid a lot when the film became a massive hit.

 

2. Nudity clauses. Depending on what the script calls for - they may negotiate for body doubles, b*tt doubles, bare back doubles, breast doubles, etc. They may want to include very specific nudity clauses - only side breasts to be shown, no b*tt cracks exposed, no nipular area exposed, etc., It all sounds funny but it's true. Anna Kendrick wrote in her memoir that she actually looked at a photobook for b*tt doubles for a film (most likely Pitch Perfect), and she had to let the producers/directors know her choice. She had a strict no-nudity clause in her contracts.

 

3. Scheduling and filming locations and lodging. What happens if there's delay in filming? They have to account for potential loss of revenue for artists when they have turned down other projects because it has a conflict with the film and then turns out, the film gets delayed, and then that artist loses the revenue for that other project turned down because they chose this film instead. They can also negotiate for lodging provided in case filming locations are in remote areas - negotiate for hotel, separate/private rooms, king beds, full room service, etc. Tom Cruise once yelled at the film crew when he found out he was going to share a hotel room with another actor. JLO is always adamant that the bedsheets on the bed she will be provided be a certain thread count.

 

There are a lot more. But these are the ones I can think of. Not knowing about K-ent, but if they're saying "unless there are huge changes", they could be pretty close and just working out the minute details of the contract. 

  • Like 4
  • Insightful 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...