[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

40 minutes ago, enensmama said:

While I am truly happy Ye Jin has the opportunity to go to Hollywood but is it safe to go to USA to film with the current Covid 19 situation? It is quite bad in USA right? Unless all the filming will be done in South Korean....

It is being filmed in South Korea. It is unclear if states too but I don't think Sam's part is that big lol unless I assume wrong haha. I think Sam is the big name "Hollywood" draw that they'll use to market for the movie later. However due to CLOY international success, SYJ will also bring a different audience as well which I think filming in SK and the potential changes they may have made since 2009 is smarter choice. So curious what Co production is this la - new Zealand and SK? I don't think the director lives in LA unless he does now. Don't know much of his personal life 

3 hours ago, Samsam said:

We’ve seen and heard Ye Jin speak English in her films and projects. As per this article from Korea Herald, she will be playing the role of a “Non Korean” and she’s expected to speak English throughout the film! :yaaa:

safe to say that if she finally confirms to do this, which we believe is “almost” a done deal already, Ye Jin will be practicing more on her english. But she’s really good on this already. Maybe just a little polishing :wub: and she can practice with her Hyun Bin too.

Actually, I just wanted to say that i think HB will be more than willing to practice and help her with this. :D This will be one of their new bonding sessions :wub:

Haha yup I picture him also helping to perfect and polish up her English. she is so cute at Baeksang saying thank you so much. Yes she is already good with it. I'm sure travelling to other places and LA she would have spoken in English too 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, binjinfighting said:

Hi, since jennyhousewedding is being flooded by comments from binjin fans, I emailed jennyhouse asking for the nature of their partnership with SYJ and what can we expect from their team up. Per Jennyhouse, SYJ will only promote rebak. This doesnt include jennyhousewedding. Many people, especially those on twitter, believe that syj is going to endorse jennyhousewedding. Well, here’s a clear and definitive answer that she wont be endorsing it anytime soon (at least not for now? :P )

link to the reply: https://imgur.com/a/NIk023h

it’s nice, though, that jennyhouse said that they are hoping for yejin’s happiness :)  

Their reply is so heartwarming.

"For jennyhouse, Yejin is special and jennyhouse family always hopes for Yejin's happiness."

They made money through Yejin's work and activity, but still they wish nothing but her happiness.
We should do the same thing too. I, would do the same thing too.
Whatever makes you happy, my queen. I'll be happy for you. Congratulations for the hollywood offer! :heartxoxo:
I'll eagerly waiting for the next big and happy news too, if y'all know what I mean :wub:

• Like 10
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, ElectricHearts said:

It is being filmed in South Korea. It is unclear if states too but I don't think Sam's part is that big lol unless I assume wrong haha. I think Sam is the big name "Hollywood" draw that they'll use to market for the movie later. However due to CLOY international success, SYJ will also bring a different audience as well which I think filming in SK and the potential changes they may have made since 2009 is smarter choice. So curious what Co production is this la - new Zealand and SK? I don't think the director lives in LA unless he does now. Don't know much of his personal life 

@ElectricHearts

I'm sorry. But you have made some assumptions here which is not right.

I see that you have always been very enthusiastic and add your comments on practically everything. When unsure or if you do not have the facts on other matters besides shipping the couple, it is better to refrain :smile:

• Insightful 2

We have no clue regarding the movie, changes were made since 2009  . Sam is probably  the main lead and it has been reported numerous times from the media . Mistakes can be made from all of us but maybe we should refrain from coming at each each other’s throats especially when we don’t even post here but lurk . Everyone is free to post and comment as many times as they want and like. 

If I counted how many times assumptions were made and they were false or just speculations I would have stopped posting here . 

have a nice day and keep the thread civil without being personal on one another ? Yeah ? 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3

Sam Worthington & Son Ye Jin will be main leads for Cross movie

Cross has been in development for over 10 years, but Andrew Niccol  became interested in incorporating Korean elements after visiting South Korea in 2019 for inspiration, as Korea is the only divided nation in the world. He personally contacted Son Ye Jin for a role in his movie. Cross is expected to begin filming in Korea in March 2021.

xdkV4gIbtl3bh-NS4SqVClYfx6vh9K-1tLBYF-E6

Son Ye Jin and Lee Sun Gyun are preparing to make their Hollywood debut in new movie Cross, starring Sam Worthington and directed by Andrew Niccol.

According to an exclusive report from Star News, Son Ye Jin will star in Cross opposite Sam Worthington, who is known for his roles in Avataras Jake Sully and Clash of the Titansas Perseus. A second exclusive report from Star News stated that Lee Sun Gyun was also offered a role in Cross, and he is seriously considering his options.

Cross will be directed by Andrew Niccol, famous for his science-fiction movies such as In Time, Gattaca, and The Truman Show. Cross is a futuristic movie where a multiracial country gets split into two. It will tell the story of people stuck between the two nations, where one side is poor and one side is wealthy.

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/son-ye-jin-lee-sun-gyun-make-hollywood-debut-in-new-movie-sam-worthington/

Original Scripts in 2009

Mylar (Sam Worthington) and his younger brother Castro come to a town to cross the border in search of a better life. The two travelers, full of hope, all too quickly realize that their journey leads them to an inescapable world full of doom. The enigmatic border is strictly enforced under the command of a guard, Guideon [Cassel?], who prohibits anyone from ever leaving. Castro doesn’t make it alive past two weeks, but Mylar defies all odds and becomes the first to successfully cross the border. And he also becomes the first to come back… all for the love of a woman, Vera (Son Ye Jin), Mylar must now devise a plan not only to set himself free, but all of his fellow citizens as well. But perhaps crossing the border is not the answer. Perhaps the key lies in altering the border and whatever it may represent…

https://www.slashfilm.com/concept-art-for-the-cross-gattaca-helmer-andrew-niccols-next-film/

• Like 6
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, September 22@binjin said:

1.)She got the offer sometimes in 2019, binnie got bargaining offer in 2019 as well, binjin had one whole year , they definitely discussed it thoroughly and has something or more specifically some date in mind ( I am using" they" as they both are one unit and I believe they are at the stage in the relationship where they discuss everything as one's life impact other half of our OTP). Now all we have to do is wait ,it will be either after bargaining release at the end of this year or after Jinnie's Hollywood release ( that might be actually one day in June next year).

I don't think the movie, Cross, would come out next year too. It would be 2022 lol. Hollywood movies don't get release dates that early once in post production especially if it is let's say it is Oscar worthy and they want to submit the film in for festivals like Venice, Cannes and TIFF etc. So next year will at least be Bargaining premiere, whether it can aim for early than fall release date, we shall see. If they want to aim for Cannes, they need to finish the film earlier in the year. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 8

1 hour ago, MY15 said:

@ElectricHearts

I see that you have always been very enthusiastic and add your comments on practically everything. When unsure or if you do not have the facts on other matters besides shipping the couple, it is better to refrain :smile:

In all fairness, she did say “I think” so it’s not like she is assuming them as facts per se. So perhaps it’s best to refrain from calling people out unnecessarily. I thought twice about responding to this but I am

just not for having this passive aggressive energy in this forum.

• Like 13
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, MY15 said:

@ElectricHearts

Sorry I follow Hollywood news a lot and follow festival circuits and stuff.  A bit related to my job/I follow the film industry a lot (aside from SK one as that is new)  So I know the pattern of things for that. It may sound rude but sadly, it is the truth lol. On how they usually market their films I have noticed lol. Of course I dont know what has changed for the script. I can only have an idea and my wish is for something different than the usual female and male lead roles kind of story lines. I assume it is different if SYJ is interested in the movie. I tend to get more drawn towards more independent movies in Hollywood as the script tends to be more interesting to me rather than a Hollywood blockbuster movie. Like it is hard for me to get interested in Hollywood movies with lack of Asian representations and I always want more movies with a strong female lead. I am one first all about actors and their careers than "shipping". LOL! I haven't shipped a couple since 2007? when Heroes was on the air. That couple then did end up later dating lol. Then again I didn't like two people so much together and believed them as a couple since HB and SYJ. 

• Like 10
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 4

Wooh, it has been quite busy these past days with all the news we are getting. 

I have to admit that I am one of those shippers who wished that BinJin would give their personal lives priority. But Hollywood is calling so...
I’m happy for Ye Jin. She deserves all the recognition. She’s not just an exemplary actress but a great human being as well. I’m sure HB is so proud of her. I hope and pray that everything will work out for them especially with their special relationship and their plans on their future together. 

I need your 2 cents about this statement from her agency: 

“On July 6, Son Ye Jin’s agency MS Team Entertainment responded to the reports that the actress was set to star in the new film. Although hinting that it was almost a certainty that she would be starring in the movie, the agency was cautious with its words as it stated, “Son Ye Jin is in talks for the movie ‘Cross,’ and the outlook is favorable. Unless there are any huge changes, she’ll be going through with it.“

:surprisedwut:

Based on this Soompi article, they are still negotiating on the offer. I am just curious as to what “unless there are any huge changes“ mean? Are they wanting to stipulate it on the contract that there might be conditions that will happen between now and March that will give them the option to back out? I would to love to hear what you guys think. 

Cheers! 

• Like 14
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Edelweiss88 said:

Wooh, it has been quite busy these past days with all the news we are getting. 

I have to admit that I am one of those shippers who wished that BinJin would give their personal lives priority. But Hollywood is calling so...
I’m happy for Ye Jin. She deserves all the recognition. She’s not just an exemplary actress but a great human being as well. I’m sure HB is so proud of her. I hope and pray that everything will work out for them especially with their special relationship and their plans on their future together. 

I need your 2 cents about this statement from her agency: 

“On July 6, Son Ye Jin’s agency MS Team Entertainment responded to the reports that the actress was set to star in the new film. Although hinting that it was almost a certainty that she would be starring in the movie, the agency was cautious with its words as it stated, “Son Ye Jin is in talks for the movie ‘Cross,’ and the outlook is favorable. Unless there are any huge changes, she’ll be going through with it.“

:surprisedwut:

Based on this Soompi article, they are still negotiating on the offer. I am just curious as to what “unless there are any huge changes“ mean? Are they wanting to stipulate it on the contract that there might be conditions that will happen between now and March that will give them the option to back out? I would to love to hear what you guys think. 

Cheers! 

SYJ and her team are being smart here. They must make sure there is no last minute stuff added in the script that would offend their culture and their country. Knowing Hollywood they are not always respectful of other people's cultures and there is often a need to make the white characters ''saviors''. I truly hope the script is respectful to all parties involved. They better also be very careful if there is any North Korea mention. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

Soompi had more details on the movie and apparently it will not be based on real nations. GOOD! I was kinda worried they would go there again with North vs South with Hollywood involved it would be a real disaster lol. If they go the Avatar route with a fake nation then that's better! I'm even more excited now knowing where they could go with this. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, hallyu said:

Sam Worthington & Son Ye Jin will be main leads for Cross movie

Cross has been in development for over 10 years, but Andrew Niccol  became interested in incorporating Korean elements after visiting South Korea in 2019 for inspiration, as Korea is the only divided nation in the world. He personally contacted Son Ye Jin for a role in his movie. Cross is expected to begin filming in Korea in March 2021.

xdkV4gIbtl3bh-NS4SqVClYfx6vh9K-1tLBYF-E6

Son Ye Jin and Lee Sun Gyun are preparing to make their Hollywood debut in new movie Cross, starring Sam Worthington and directed by Andrew Niccol.

According to an exclusive report from Star News, Son Ye Jin will star in Cross opposite Sam Worthington, who is known for his roles in Avataras Jake Sully and Clash of the Titansas Perseus. A second exclusive report from Star News stated that Lee Sun Gyun was also offered a role in Cross, and he is seriously considering his options.

Cross will be directed by Andrew Niccol, famous for his science-fiction movies such as In Time, Gattaca, and The Truman Show. Cross is a futuristic movie where a multiracial country gets split into two. It will tell the story of people stuck between the two nations, where one side is poor and one side is wealthy.

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/son-ye-jin-lee-sun-gyun-make-hollywood-debut-in-new-movie-sam-worthington/

Original Scripts in 2009

Mylar (Sam Worthington) and his younger brother Castro come to a town to cross the border in search of a better life. The two travelers, full of hope, all too quickly realize that their journey leads them to an inescapable world full of doom. The enigmatic border is strictly enforced under the command of a guard, Guideon [Cassel?], who prohibits anyone from ever leaving. Castro doesn’t make it alive past two weeks, but Mylar defies all odds and becomes the first to successfully cross the border. And he also becomes the first to come back… all for the love of a woman, Vera (Son Ye Jin), Mylar must now devise a plan not only to set himself free, but all of his fellow citizens as well. But perhaps crossing the border is not the answer. Perhaps the key lies in altering the border and whatever it may represent…

https://www.slashfilm.com/concept-art-for-the-cross-gattaca-helmer-andrew-niccols-next-film/

Why does this plot remnd me of CLOY? :rolleyes:

• LOL 7
  • Insightful 2

18 minutes ago, CartPusherInLA said:

On an important side note... nothing has been set in stone yet. As @charrayhas mentioned no studio has backed it up for funding, the IMDB pages of the director and Sam Worthington don't have that info updated.  Hollywood itself is on an impasse, thanks to CoVid,.  Timelines could get shifted. 

This is a good point. I don't see any info on this project on Deadline or any of the other Hollywood sites that usually report on this sort of thing. IMDb  has some info on preproduction but only those with IMDb pro can access the info. The project was previously in developmental hell (not unusual) so it's hard to say what will happen. But the fact that they are actively casting suggests its moving forward. 

@Seri2020 haha it does sound like CLOY in a way, doesnt it? 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Seri2020 said:

Why does this plot remnd me of CLOY? :rolleyes:

Yess..two divided nations..One is rich and the other is extremely poor.. However there is major difference in the approach and atmosphere here.Even the story is grim.

BTW..!! I am always somehow reminded of CLOY references when I watch a different drama or movie .:D..It is like CLOY runs 24*7 in my mind... !!

• Like 3
  • LOL 15