[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

While I can maybe rest my case on KHN winning, I still think SYJ deserved to win the best actress award. The nominee photo they used of her on the show was from my favorite ep 15 scene where she was about to pass out. I think that alone deserves an award. Her character in CLOY had the same depth with KHN's character which she was also able to develop throughout the drama. 

Nevertheless, I am still happy for the both of them because at the end of the day, being a good actor means being able to reach and touch your audience and it is evident that they were able to do that. I agree that their award should've been called the people's choice award instead, as it gives its actual value more justice, as it really is an award given based on audience impact.

Spoiler

In terms of their interactions, out of all the popular dramas, Binjin is interesting because they're the only stars who instead of riding with the hype of the success of the drama, they're doing all they can to avoid any sort of attention. 

I want to believe that they made a more conscious effort not to interact during the show. I mean even GHJ and SYJ didn't interact at all and they're bffs. Anyway, I hope we could get more BTS pictures of them in the coming days.

Maybe if it weren't for CoVid, we could have gotten more.

Edited by Tealatte
  • Like 13
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, ic3chubb3 said:

HB: Just like what I’ve mentioned during the award speech, I think that we can only return your love through our future works, not just for this award but also for everything that you have given us attention for. So I hope to greet you in the future soon with diverse works which I will work hard on. Thank you!

@ElectricHearts From the words that i bold, did you feel something? i thought your shaman talent need to anticipate :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Hi everyone, just wanted to share my excitement!! Even though CLOY didn't win awards but how awesome is that, to see our couple on stage receiving the popularity award. They were in the same frame and we shippers got their cute little interaction together heh heh. It's like a big win for us too!! Our couple is now winning awards together huh :wub:

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

Actually, I'm not that sad at all.. because out of all celebrities that attended they were the only ones who called together on stage without the social distancing interview. they did it together. it's more than enough to my BinJin heart..I love the way they try to avoid the attention but still they are the camera's favorite..I love their interactions even though its limited for now. Hope we can hear some good news from them for coming year please they are old enough to be married and have kids. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Let's start guessing, when will be the next likely chance to get HB and SYJ to work together again? Can Smart really get SYJ as their endorser so that Captain Ri won't be lonely? I really hope so!! That's probably the next best project for them. :D

Like everyone here, I was disappointed that CLOY, HB and SYJ did not win the major awards. But at the same time I am really so happy how we helped win the Popularity Awards for them, and it was a hard-earned victory. Both of them said in their speeches, both on stage and back stage, how much they appreciate the fans support and dedication, and how they know the amount of hard work put in by all their fans in SK and internationally. And that they want to reward fans with more high quality and diverse works in the future. I am looking forward to that, and am happy that fans have motivate them to do even better as actor and actress. :D

Don't want to discuss too much about the drama here cuz this is a Binjin thread. If you want to talk more about CLOY, let's go over to the drama thread instead. :D

Also, I love the little candies that Binjin threw at us at the event. The mood was really somber at Baeksang this year and everyone tried to be very serious too. So those little sparkles of smiles from them and at each other are so wonderful to have!! I can see that they are still very much connected and close to each other. And their back stage speeches esp where they are much more relaxed, and how HB said that "We can only return your love...."  as he turned his head towards YJ, just shows that they are still very much BFF. :D

Let's continue to support both of them, as Binjin couple and also as HB the actor and SYJ the actress, who will always give us excellent performance in every role!

• Like 11
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Beadharmony said:

My thoughts too. They arrived together in their private vehicle. This social distancing is a pain in the you know where. But then I can see how the country is strict with its SD rule. I just read a couple of days ago that SK had a spike in cases of COVID.

Yea my guess is they could have still arrived together. They decided to walk the carpet separately. We don't know what happened during commercial break. They also zoomed out immediately after BinJin won and the moment we saw as some pointed out in the clips is they got closer to each other and were talking and maybe Binnies hands touch her lol 

It's obvious they were both happy to be on stage together with the little small looks they gave each other. Also they may have felt weird how "far" away they had to be with their seats. Imagine if there wasn't a gap what their reactions would be. 

So now they are completely free of CLOY news they can focus more on their "close" relationship and future projects. 

My thoughts on what's to come:

We know Binnie is still filming his movie. There's a second Smart commercial to come and he's an endorser for Bench. Potential Philippines related events once it is safe. All his latest CFs have come out. So currently there is no potential news to come. However with SYJ, we are still waiting for her updates which I'm going to guess is what we get this month. Maybe in less than 2 weeks to fit our "coincidence" dates timeline. It could be related to Smart. 

Otherwise if they want to announce anything private, I don't think anything is holding them back now as it's become clear after Baeksang, CLOY will probably not get nominated for Seoul Drama Awards. Now till September they've so many moments shared with TN and CLOY having all happened around then. So I feel like couple vibes are strong. It's just a matter of when they decide to give us "new content/updates". Plus Binnie didn't have to work so hard last month but he did. Hmm 

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, lavanta said:

I agree!! Recently the tension between North and South have been increasing, just this week Kim Jong Un's sister threathened South Korea regarding the balloons that are sent from Southern activists over the border. Moreover CLOY made it news in North Korea and that voiced their displeasure of Southern propaganda (?). So I think that's highly likely the reason that CLOY didn't get the awards as it deserved. In my opinion this move could mean to stop ongoing attention on the North-South issue for a while and maybe to discourage other producers following the CLOYs path to tackle this problem. At least for awhile to not create more tension..

Nevertheless CLOY deserved best drama, best screen play and best actor/actress in my opinion.. I don't get S.Koreans love for healing dramas. I am sure many people like such dramas (you know which one I am talking about) but with all due respect, for me CLOY had better message and standing overall. Its my opinion though, I don't have any ill intend towards other dramas and the lover of that dramas.  

I am happy that we get to see our couple on the stage today, I hope we can see them together in another movie/drama soon. Their explosive and unique chemistry shouldn't go to waste

@lavanta And @RiRiGaGa

Yes I too echoed your sentiments....

I guess too that it has to do something with the existing ( political issues) Judges cant just take the change of adding more strain to what is already severed relationship between the 2 countries.... thats why they have to be very careful so as not to add more problem esp. As what I have observed and read it seems that CLOY kind of made NK uneasy a little bit ... IDK...

So cheer up everyone... CLOY ( including the writer, director, actors and actresses) is still a BIG winner..( being nominated was already proof of how good it was) It just so happen that it has a very touchy and sensitive topic..

One reason why the use Switzerland as the ending place or epilogue because of its neutrality (and NKns really do study there.)...and the judges I guess cant do anything about it...

(Just my 2 cents)

What matters most is that we were able to have a glimpse of the real emotions and raw facial expressions of our dear BinJin (albeit kept in check very hard)... its more than enough to let this ship sail through...

Lets just pray for all of us and stay healthy and yes to our "BinJin" as well.

• Like 6
  • Love 4

On 6/5/2020 at 8:44 AM, Beadharmony said:

My thoughts too. They arrived together in their private vehicle. This social distancing is a pain in the you know where. But then I can see how the country is strict with its SD rule. I just read a couple of days ago that SK had a spike in cases of COVID.

Yea my guess is they could have still arrived together. They decided to walk the carpet separately. We don't know what happened during commercial break. They also zoomed out immediately after BinJin won and the moment we saw as some pointed out in the clips is they got closer to each other and were talking and maybe Binnies hands touch her lol 

It's obvious they were both happy to be on stage together with the little small looks they gave each other. Also they may have felt weird how "far" away they had to be with their seats. Imagine if there wasn't a gap what their reactions would be. 

So now they are completely free of CLOY news they can focus more on their "close" relationship and future projects. 

My thoughts on what's to come:

We know Binnie is still filming his movie. There's a second Smart commercial to come and he's an endorser for Bench. Potential Philippines related events once it is safe. All his latest CFs have come out. So currently there is no other potential news to come from him. However with SYJ, we are still waiting for her updates which I'm going to guess is what we get this month. Maybe in less than 2 weeks to fit our "coincidence" dates timeline. It could be related to Smart. 

Otherwise if they want to announce anything private, I don't see anything is holding them back now as it's became clear after Baeksang, CLOY will probably not win for Seoul Drama Awards (here's hoping they get nominated though). Now till September they've so many moments shared with TN and CLOY having all happened around then. So I feel like couple vibes are strong. It's just a matter of when they decide to give us "new content/updates". Plus Binnie didn't have to work so hard last month but he did. Hmm 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

This is my first time to watch an award event where I don’t understand a thing they were saying. It’s the love the we have for them that made us all stick throughout the 4 hour event, almost not blinking in order to catch a glimpse of Hyun Bin and Ye Jin. 

I wouldn’t deny that I was a bit sad earlier. We have expectations and it didn’t happen to our liking. But the mere nomination in Baeksang is already a big feat when I look at it now. Everyone is deserving of the award that they received. Yes, even the 2 are deserving but the judges may have set a different criteria. And it’s okay. Both Ye Jin and Hyun Bin have been attending events like these in the past and they know that someone is bound to receive that elusive trophy. 

but when I read on their appreciation speech earlier, I was deeply moved that they found the award given to them as “more meaningful” “precious”. they acknowledged and both knew that they are loved by many all over the world. And for them to verbalize that, and for Ye Jin to even say the words “Thank you so much” it meant a lot. It eased my sadness. I’m sure that they wanted the major awards as well just like any other nominees. But i believe that they are sincerely happy with their award as well. What they received is something precious, they know the efforts of every people who voted for them. It is not just determined by a handful of people/judges but the their award represented the love and appreciation of many  people around the world, not just Koreans. 

With regards to interaction, the ship is still sailing smoothly guys! 
covid or not, i kinda expected them to act as neutral as possible. Heck, there are a number of candies for us! And i doubt that they’re even conscious about the crumbs that they left us with. And again let’s not forget: they went grocery shopping in LA. 

Over all, i’m looking at the happy things and cute interactions of the 2. I’d rather focus on that :blush: and pray more diligently and harder for good news ahead! 

hoping as well that today will be the start where Ye Jin will become more visible :) . And i have a hunch that she’ll be up and about starting today. A nice photo by Dispatch will be greatly appreciated too. :lol:

• Like 16
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 2

2 hours ago, Walk Kindly said:

@ElectricHearts From the words that i bold, did you feel something? i thought your shaman talent need to anticipate :lol:

LOL Reposting the quote you quoted me on. I will like to extend the bolded part to the underline bit

HB: Just like what I’ve mentioned during the award speech, I think that we can only return your love through our future works, not just for this award but also for everything that you have given us attention for. So I hope to greet you in the future soon with diverse works which I will work hard on. Thank you!

I wonder if that is a hint :joy: I do feel embarrassed after finding a pattern from their "coincidence" news from May and realizing the day before the awards that It became more clear they read what I wrote ^_^ even before that lurker decided to make a post to remove a certain conversation. Anyways, I ended up cleaning all my past previous posts on something else. So they shouldn't need to worry anymore LOL

It is interesting though any new updates from them today from Baeksang and after keep casually use the word "couple" Like the agencies aren't going to give those a DM or contact them about that :P

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

I just want to express my sincerest thanks to all of you for voting so darn hard to give our BinJin the popularity award. As well thank you so much for all the updates and pics from the Baeksang. I truly appreciate them as I live in North America and with the 15-hour time difference, I could not just stay up all night to catch the live stream as I had to get up really early. Just some thoughts on BinJin from last night - I love, love the understated elegance of SYJ. No jewelery except for the gorgeous earrings so your eyes are focused on her. She looked really great in the gown. While I noticed she put on some weight and it actually looked really good on her, HB however looked like he lost weight. I don't particularly like him too skinny. 

So what's next for us shippers? I hope we won't face another long drought. 

• Like 12
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

I’m sad that YJ/Cloy didn’t win the daesang. But understand from the politics view why cloy didn’t won as many as we expected. Can see that HB was disappointed about his loss. He’s like the korean Leonardo DiCaprio. Hopefully he will not be too bothered and cheer up soon!!

After reading Soompi, Twitter, weibo, it seems like Baeksang is using our couple to gain views especially from the non Asian regions. Oh well. What to do when both of them are greatly loved by the world.

Anyway I’m still in awe with YJ dress :wub: 

• Like 8
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, kookiecake said:

I feel HB was just being careful and complying with the social interaction standards. If both of them were not in good terms, SYJ reaction and glances towards him will not be like that. But she looked at him with endearment. Just a funny thought though, maybe HB is already aware of all his stare compilations to SYJ, he may have restricted himself to add more on his STARE WALK OF FAME. :lol:

I guess its because his excitement while seing fans voting for them on social media and the twist they found a compilation of them staring each other :joy:

when basically, if they aware to search they both name on google, a ton's of fans made video of them adoring each other will be so making them more aware that fans love their candies. Even a gesture that theyre not realize is a sign of affection has been analyzed like a desertation :lol:   

• Like 6
  • LOL 8

19 minutes ago, sharluvsenergy said:

https://metro.style/fashion/metrostylewatch/baeksang-awards-2020-best-dressed-(1)/25506

Metro Style has chosen their top 5 best dressed males and females for Baeksang Awards 2020. Binjin are both on the list! And it seems Metro Style purposely put both of them as the last on the list.:wub:

Which means they're the best dressed out of all 5...not too shabby! That's how Metro style and others rank their best or worst dress. They both look gorgeous and stunning. YJ's RL's gown is soo spot on, very complimenting on her beautiful body. She really smashed it and our Binnie as usual, always dashing even in navy blue tuxedo (seldom to pull off a non-black suit) and he slayed this one too. These two are a royal in their own rights...Congratulations to their award as best couple or popularity. They may already pre-hinted who will take home the trophies but they still came to receive what their fans handed to them. I love them!

• Like 5
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Hani Julyani said:

Is this the last official place that we will ever see #binjin?? If it were, I am so gutted :tears::tears::tears::tears::tears:

I love you so much Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin! You both are great actor and actress! and I ship you guys like crazy! ♥️♥️♥️

I have been keeping track of this thread since Aug 2019. I love seeing the both of you together. 

The way we brought them the MOST POPULAR COUPLE AWARDS .....I think we can definitely make the directors and production houses cash on this global BINJIN CRAZE by making them cast them in a movie or a drama ....

Let's make a list of the insta IDs....email IDs.....Twitter IDs of the directors writers and production houses 

Then in turns we can request them politely for BINJIN....they are a brand now 

• Like 7
  • LOL 6