[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

That certainly was a very exciting time here made by an exciting discovery thanks to @lemontree! Part of me is gleeful that it’s making the rounds on social media - so all the skeptics can know that Binjin did not just randomly meet up on one occasion during their time in LA, they likely stayed together at a fancy golf resort and did some snack shopping at a Pavilions nearby. But the other part of me doesn’t want the beans to be spilled on our super ninja couple and have any special travel destinations ruined for them. 

Anyway, this IG user definitely took it to the next level with the live VIDEO so props to her :glasses: This fandom is something else lol

• Like 15
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Call Me By My Real Name said:

The photos and videos I posted on IG and Twitter are taken by yjscap25 (on Instagram) this morning at the location. In no way did I say that these were new discoveries. In fact, I was talking to someone else last night about lemontree's post.

I would appreciate it if people could see that I'm the last person who would not give credit where it's due. The posts I published on Twitter and Instagram had credit for the owners of the photos (misakichidayo and yjscap).

I am surprised this got such a fast reply.

Firstly, I think it's great that the owners of these photos and videos had fun visiting the Pavilion concerned. @cloyfan visited Pavilion back in June too and took pictures to establish that it was THE Pavilion and not Ralph's. We were really excited about the candy she gave us. It cleared all our doubts.

Secondly, I am still concerned that this info is now widely spread on Twitter and Insta and will get picked up by media ie. gossip sites. Esp the Pelican Resort link to YJ's past IG post. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, Call Me By My Real Name said:

I would appreciate it if people could see that I'm the last person who would not give credit where it's due. The posts I published on Twitter and Instagram had credit for the owners of the photos (misakichidayo and yjscap).

No, because the salient point is that we preserved the secret when you expose the function to the outside it omits the reason for keeping the privacy. Yes, we have issues with that. 

• Like 2
  • Off-Topic 2
  • Unamused 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope people aren't taking the comfirmation of Pavillions vs Ralph's as new information. It's just one of those pesky details that people thought was incorrectly reported when the grocery pics originally came out. It does not change the fact that they were grocery shopping together. It just gives fans further context on the part of LA they were visiting and perhaps a hint on where they were staying. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

@TotoroSY because I recognized the ones responding to me on Twitter that's why I went here to at least be able to say my side especially when I saw your post.

@girlpepper this thread is public. Posts here are often shared and quoted. Haven't we long established that this thread is often visited by the media and the celebrities, themselves?

Like I said on Twitter, I am not active in this thread. I drop by from time to time but as I'm a busy mom, I can hardly keep up. So the last time I read about the Pavilions vs Ralph's discussion was back in May when @lemontree posted her detailed comparison. I would often show her post in discussions with fellow fans.

My point here is, had I seen @cloyfan's June post (and that of the others') sure, I would have also given that proper credit, no questions asked.

But see, not everyone online visits Soompi or has the time to keep up with just how fast this thread is. In fact, up until last night, I was discussing lemontree's post with someone who was not sold on the idea that the supermarket was Pavilions. The same can be said at another BinJin IG thread published yesterday where people were still surprised at the idea that the grocery was not Ralph's.

It just so happened yjscap went to the branch this morning. And she allowed me to share her photos and videos.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

and the BinJin NIS award goes toooo!!! *drumroll*

@ElectricHearts

:happydance:

if the concern is SYJ not visiting again the same resort because of the additional theory posted all over SocMed  today and that her privacy is put at stake, it has long been exposed. supposing the previous content on the grocery shopping was true--the grocery happening at LA County it will still be the same thing-- her privacy was touched.

all in all, there are a number of Pavillion branches around US, so all of these are still assumptions. it's only Mom and Dad who knows the truth. the reactions in twitter were roughly the same with the delight people here in soompi felt when that theory was aired few months back, difference is it's a bigger platform.

we are left with accepting the fact that no matter how we want to help them keep their privacy, their sky rocketing fame wouldn't allow it. PEACE BE WITH YOU ALL !:Ohboy3:

• Like 14
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

Yeah, based on someone quite familiar in that place, it was in Pavilions in Newport Beach CA. They might have gone golfing based on their clothes at the Pelican Hill Golf Course. The grocery store is near multi-million dollar houses like Kobe's so he assumes if they got a super rich friend to stay with or they stayed at the resort. He also said that the place (hotel) Yejin attended for the birthday party is Garden Suite in Ktown Los Angeles, which is 1.5 hours drive North from Pelican Golf Club.

Well, we cannot state that as a fact though but based on what's circulating online, it feels like it.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

@Call Me By My Real Name

It would have been nice if you had credited lemontree for the discovery, even if it you did not know it was confirmed here at Soompi. But I don't think we need to spend more energy on this point.

As for media and celebrities visiting this forum, it was something a member here claimed and never established. I've always taken that with a big pinch of salt. But I am more inclined to believe that media and management agencies, and maybe the stars themselves, will check Social Media like Insta and Twitter for the latest trending news.

@graziea 

Yes, everyone knows about the grocery incident, and whether it is Ralph's or Pavilion is probably not critical.  But linking it to the resort and to YJ's IG post of the same resort and posting the pictures linking them is a concern. Media will likely be more interested in that as the resort theory is a new info. And if Yejin sees this, esp since she is on IG, I believe she will feel awkward and embarrassed about SocMedia talking about it. At least this is how I feel.

@PeachesAndCream

Yes, Soompi is an open forum. But from what I've observed, media and gossip sites mostly quote info at Insta and Twitter. I have yet to see any quoting Soompi, UNLESS someone on twitter or Insta took info from here and paste it at SocMedia.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

8 hours ago, PeachesAndCream said:

Last I checked, soompi was a public forum. 

Yes, it is a public forum, but it doesn’t mean you can just post and say anything without exercising cautions and restrictions with regards to the feelings of the people involved and get away with it. We still have to be responsible and respectful of their privacy and also, with each other. There is a fine line between being a fan and to invading their own personal space. We don’t get the dibs on everything. 

• Like 12
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1