[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

1 hour ago, Edelweiss88 said:

Based on this Soompi article, they are still negotiating on the offer. I am just curious as to what “unless there are any huge changes“ mean? Are they wanting to stipulate it on the contract that there might be conditions that will happen between now and March that will give them the option to back out? I would to love to hear what you guys think. 

My guess could be change in filming timeline that SYJ and team may be concerned with, considering that this project was first mooted in 2009. Because she may have made other plans in the future which may be affected if the timeline for the filming shifted. You can guess what those future plans may be.

• Like 7
  • Awesome 6
  • Insightful 4

First of all, congrats to our queen SYJ!!!! Very well deserved as she has been working her RickRoll'D off for the last 20 years.

I'm also happy that they will film the movie in SK which means she gets to work on a Hollywood project without having to be separated from Binnie....double win! :D

And I dont think people should be worried about Binjin wedding not happening due to this movie...Someone on IG mentioned once a Korean actor accepts a project then they need to follow certain rules which involves not allowed to get married (not sure if this is true?) But even if it is true....this is a Hollywood project not Korean so I assume those rules won't apply? I've seen Blake Likely got married to Ryan Reynolds while she was still filming Gossip Girl and Gal Gadot was a few months pregnant while filming Wonder Woman to name a few....I guess it's safe to say these things don't matter in Hollywood :)

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 4

SlowMSTeam normally does not play PR.

MS Team's statement on Holywood offer to SYJ.

On July 6, Son Ye Jin’s agency MS Team Entertainment responded to the reports that the actress was set to star in the new film. Although hinting that it was almost a certainty that she would be starring in the movie, the agency was cautious with its words as it stated, “Son Ye Jin is in talks for the movie ‘Cross,’ and the outlook is favorableUnless there are any huge changes, she’ll be going through with it.”

P.S. There are more than 50 Korean media covering the news about SYJ's Holywood offer.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1411108wpp/son-ye-jin-reportedly-set-to-make-hollywood-debut-in-new-film-opposite-sam-worthington

• Like 4
  • Awesome 6

@ElectricHearts

Hello ElectricHearts, firstly, I apologise for posting my earlier comments publicly. I should have written to you privately instead. It never occurred at that time as I hardly comment. There was no ill intention.

But thank you for making the effort to reply and to explain your point of view. I would also like to explain my part and will send you a DM.

@wolfie26

You are like the pot calling the kettle...

There have been numerous posts from yourself discouraging contributors here from posting comments that you do not agree with or think should be posted only in private. It does not matter that you do not name them but we all know which posts you were referring to.

Several of the well respected contributors here have also written to question your authority and have refused to comply with your direction. Those posts started out gently but have become harsher recently as you have not listened. 

You should perhaps reflect on yourself too.

And remember your own words the next time you post to criticise others:

"Everyone is free to post and comment as many times as they want and like."

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 10

4 hours ago, Edelweiss88 said:

I need your 2 cents about this statement from her agency: 

“On July 6, Son Ye Jin’s agency MS Team Entertainment responded to the reports that the actress was set to star in the new film. Although hinting that it was almost a certainty that she would be starring in the movie, the agency was cautious with its words as it stated, “Son Ye Jin is in talks for the movie ‘Cross,’ and the outlook is favorable. Unless there are any huge changes, she’ll be going through with it.“

:surprisedwut:

Based on this Soompi article, they are still negotiating on the offer. I am just curious as to what “unless there are any huge changes“ mean? Are they wanting to stipulate it on the contract that there might be conditions that will happen between now and March that will give them the option to back out? I would to love to hear what you guys think. 

Cheers! 

Based on what I've seen with Hollywood, here's a few off the top of my head:

1. Pay would be the #1 factor. Base salary, accelerators, share of box office, bonuses in cases of awards, etc. A lot of A-listers here in Hollywood have actually recently accepted lower base salaries for a higher cut of the box office haul. I believe this is how Jennifer Lopez structured her contract for Hustlers, which was a low-budget movie, and thus keeping it technically under budget, but she still ended up getting paid a lot when the film became a massive hit.

2. Nudity clauses. Depending on what the script calls for - they may negotiate for body doubles, b*tt doubles, bare back doubles, breast doubles, etc. They may want to include very specific nudity clauses - only side breasts to be shown, no b*tt cracks exposed, no nipular area exposed, etc., It all sounds funny but it's true. Anna Kendrick wrote in her memoir that she actually looked at a photobook for b*tt doubles for a film (most likely Pitch Perfect), and she had to let the producers/directors know her choice. She had a strict no-nudity clause in her contracts.

3. Scheduling and filming locations and lodging. What happens if there's delay in filming? They have to account for potential loss of revenue for artists when they have turned down other projects because it has a conflict with the film and then turns out, the film gets delayed, and then that artist loses the revenue for that other project turned down because they chose this film instead. They can also negotiate for lodging provided in case filming locations are in remote areas - negotiate for hotel, separate/private rooms, king beds, full room service, etc. Tom Cruise once yelled at the film crew when he found out he was going to share a hotel room with another actor. JLO is always adamant that the bedsheets on the bed she will be provided be a certain thread count.

There are a lot more. But these are the ones I can think of. Not knowing about K-ent, but if they're saying "unless there are huge changes", they could be pretty close and just working out the minute details of the contract. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 10

4 hours ago, Edelweiss88 said:

I assume mainly schedule changes. It is hard to say what is going on with this covid situation. However, a part of me had also wondered if huge changes could be last minute changes to the script. Since last time she was in talks for a hollywood movie, she dropped out since they made significant changes to her character. Hopefully, that isn't a case again. I do like SK articles focus more on her character details. So hopefully that means her character is the main focus of the screenplay ^_^ Also, being in a futuristic/dystopian world is a bit different too from what she has done. Although I have to agree, the whole cross borders thing does remind me of CLOY as well lol

Also she really deserves to work post CLOY and accept these offers she is getting! So if anything, she at least has this film. Hopefully she can also do one later in the year too but it might be more of a risk if anything were to happen with covid by the time that project were to film. Then it might affect The Cross. 

I don't know I get such a headache when I think of other people's potential work schedule and all these uncertainties right now with covid.:lol: At least it is a distraction from my real life and wondering when I can go back to work lol 

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Edelweiss88 said:

I think this would have to do with the scenario / script, esp as it relates to her character ... maybe even the collaborative nature of the director to take feedback and make changes. If she accepts the role it is based on what has already been presented to her. I am assuming her character is of the strong, independent type - which falls in line with her previous works. If this changes or her role decreases, I don't see her having issue with dropping out as she has done previously. jmo.

@QueenieBee I also noticed the movie has been in the works for the past 10 years and even the main cast was announced. So, def, nothing is set in stone. Curious to know what the delay has been but also hopeful as perhaps this has been a dream project for the writer / director and now he has a greater vision in delivering the project.

• Like 14
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

@Elle R I keep waiting for at least THR or Variety to at least mention about Sam being cast but nothing right now. I only had looked at his IMDB page yesterdat which was why I had originally wondered if he was available/how big his role would be in the movie. I see that Avatar 2 resumed filming recently. So I guess whenever that finishes filming and if any of his numerous pre production movies on his IMDB is he filming next? Hope it works out in the end. It will go well with all her other film projects. Plus the "cross border" makes us all think of CLOY. So in a way, it could be the perfect next project. Plus, she gets to talk more in English which will make Binnie more proud ^_^ Plus more excuses to go to LA :lol:

:heart4:

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

24 minutes ago, ElectricHearts said:

@Elle R I keep waiting for at least THR or Variety to at least mention about Sam being cast but nothing right now. I only had looked at his IMDB page yesterdat which was why I had originally wondered if he was available/how big his role would be in the movie. I see that Avatar 2 resumed filming recently. 

To be perfectly honest, his casting worries me so I don't mind there are no casting confirmations lmao. Apologies to anyone who is a fan of his. He definitely is a good looking man though.

• Like 4

Few things :

1. I haven't seen casting news about any Hollywood celebs , things in US are pretty slowed down due to covid and casting news etc are not priority due to BLM as well . Keep that in mind

2. I haven't seen some of Sam's projects been announced prior to that project. 

3. This thread is BJ - and I hate to say it ? But some might say fairly  the thread is slowed down due to extensive discussion regarding the logistics of the movie itself - YJ has not seen confirmed - it was a vague confirmation to a vague project that Korean media reported FOR NOW . Probably because production is on early stage and its moving slowly. Keep the discussion focused on the ship * respectfully always * 

4. YJ also reviews offer for the later half of 2020 within Korean soil  . 

5. We don't even know if HB is in Jordan or not yet. 

6. Why? because things due to the pandemic are not working as previously . Keep that in mind . 

Until March there is a lot of time for things to advance . Until then lets hope discussions will move and the project itself is worthy enough for YJ to be in it . 

• Like 5
  • Unamused 1

The actress Hollywood wants to cast in Cross is a well loved and distinguished SK actress, not just in her country but across the whole Asian continent. Thanks to CLOY, she has also garnered recognition in a lot of other countries outside of Asia. She has had an illustrious 20 year career, is fondly dubbed as "cow" in SK, for her work dedication and  her commitment to her craft. Without any hesitation, I cannot think of a better role model for people within the k-ent industry.

A total professional, her 20 year career is scandal-free, and in any project she has worked on, industry people have noted her unparalleled work ethics. This to me clearly reflects on her personality as well. She is a woman in control of herself, but at the same time despite this sucess, has remained to be firmly rooted to the ground. 

Hollywood, please accord her the respect she deserves. I do not like to delve into any discussion on Asian roles in Hollywood films, rather I would just like to point out that SYJ is topnotch, both as actress and a human being. Hope her talent gets utilized appropriately, especially since her next role after CLOY should measure up to such a high bar set by the massive success of this series.

And here's a nice little visual representation of the love and recognition she has received from K-ent industry. Cow Ye Jinssii hwaiting!!!

• Like 6
  • Love 7

22 minutes ago, SHpectator said:

As i understand, at least in one instance in the past, SYJ already confirmed (or maybe started filming?) on a film but she backed out when there were some changes on the script or which diminished her character's role and as a result she probably didn't like to do it anymore. she is our picky princess after all, and rightfully so.

Is that "My Way"? Or is there something else?

https://www.dramabeans.com/2010/07/sohn-ye-jin-drops-out-of-film-my-way/

• Like 3

@Choisamsook 

"I will give all YESSSSS to every positivity, coz me signed my self here is delusional already!  why i have to Be afraid,  panicked, And overthinking. "

Lack of  kiss we complaint, and there you go somebody found tongue involveD in that kiss then we panicked. No news from Yejin, we moaning “i miss you Yejin” And now A big news coming we  afraid! "

The fearless and wise Choisamsook, you are a breath of fresh air !  I salute you, Certified BinJin shipper !

You go, girl !!!! More power to you !!! :heart:

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 8

2008 Jinnie :wub:

The Journal: What kind of guys are you attracted to?

Son: Oh God, that's a difficult question. I'm not particularly picky. A nice guy that makes me laugh.

It's not a style that is at first sight, so a man who knows my essence is good

I think I'm waiting for someone. Ideally, I think it's changing. Now I like a deep man who can fill me. I'm waiting for someone who knows me, who knows my essence."

Also someone made fanart of them since 2008 LOL! I will link you this post lol

:heart4:

woops posted the same thing as @SHpectator 

:transforms:

• Like 4
  • Love 2