[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Hunting 猎狐

Admin

I forgot about this show and then scrolled through Viki in my boredom and decided to check out episode 1.

I think I will pass on this one, especially after reviewing the last 4 pages lol. I basically saw all the red flags coming except Wang Bolin lol.

1. The Fiance - I'm sorry but if money is stopping a couple from getting married then they need to reconsider the relationship and their priorities. Also, if they're short on money, then why is The Fiance changing her job now?? That's irresponsible and not pragmatic. Something about their dynamic seemed weird and gendered. 

2. The SIL - this richard simmons. Her disdain of her sister in law is high handed and she doesn't even bother concealing it. Makes me question Yang's own common sense for loving someone who looks down on his family. I've dumped every date/partner when I can sniff this behavior.

3. The Sister - wow talk about desperate and low self confidence. Yes, it's tough being poor, but it's not a character flaw---only when you look down on yourself. When I saw her lil room and setup, I knew where her storyline is going. Also, she does not look that young. Not sure if she's naive, but she's probably desperate to achieve something and is grasping at straws. 

Wang Ou's character seems okay. I like head strong but not aggressive. 

I'm a little bit sad. I don't like watching shows that don't have good female characterization and that's usually all too common for for crime and cop dramas. I'm sad to pass on this one because of the stellar cast too. Also, the premise of human greed is interesting, and realistic even, but I can't sit through shows with too few ppl to root for. 

However, if anyone wants to convince me that the show is worth watching and people change for the better, I'm willing to listen.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@angelangie That is true. Although he was corrupted for protecting his sister. He was a great cop. I hate to see a career of man who was honest but due to unforeseeable reasons his life was ruined.  The saying that it “ IS ALWAYS THE PEOPLE CLOSEST TO US THAT CAN HURT US THE MOST” is very much true.  

FOR EXAMPLE  Tang Hong 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2933d7a43a3f275a433a

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29aa134c6341d72ba27d

Where is everyone @jewelsc @crackaddict @hush puppy @Rose Antwi??

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2020 at 8:59 AM, UnniSarah said:

@angelangie That is true. Although he was corrupted for protecting his sister. He was a great cop. I hate to see a career of man who was honest but due to unforeseeable reasons his life was ruined.  The saying that it “ IS ALWAYS THE PEOPLE CLOSEST TO US THAT CAN HURT US THE MOST” is very much true.  

FOR EXAMPLE  Tang Hong 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2933d7a43a3f275a433a

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29aa134c6341d72ba27d

Where is everyone @jewelsc @crackaddict @hush puppy @Rose Antwi??

Sorry, moved on, this drama just annoyed me. 

• Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Hunting 猎狐

Archived