[Drama 2020] Tell Me What You Saw, 본대로 말하라

Prettysup

The above article. Video on previous page.

Sooyoung, Jang Hyuk, And Jin Seo Yeon Begin Their Hunt For The Serial Killer In “Tell Me What You Saw”

OCN’s “Tell Me What You Saw” has released a new preview!

“Tell Me What You Saw” is a suspense thriller about genius profiler Oh Hyun Jae (Jang Hyuk), who has lost everything, and detective Cha Soo Young (Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung), who has photographic memory, as they work together to track down a serial killer.

The mysterious preview begins with the sound of gunfire and Oh Hyun Jae pointing his gun at someone. Oh Hyun Jae disappears after that fateful day, as does the serial killer who’s known for leaving nothing behind at the crime scene except for a mint in the victim’s mouth.

The head of the Provincial Special Detective Division Hwang Ha Young (Jin Seo Yeon) asks, “That man. Do you think he’s alive?” Oh Hyun Jae’s voice replies, “He’ll appear if he’s alive.” However, when a white mint appears at a recent crime scene, the detectives become uncertain as to whether the serial killer who was suspected to be dead had returned or if it was a copycat crime.

When Cha Soo Young precisely recounts the details of the crime scene, Hwang Ha Young asks, “Is your memory always this good, or are your observational skills extraordinary?” Cha Soo Young responds, “Under certain circumstances, click, I recall everything.” The mysterious text on the screen reads, “You have already witnessed everything.”

As Cha Soo Young walks down an eerie hallway, Oh Hyun Jae’s voice says, “I’ve thought about how reliable memories can be.” When she finally meets the reclusive Oh Hyun Jae, she tries to persuade him, saying she could help him if the serial killer had returned. The new text on screen reads, “Memory can be distorted, but only the truth is seen at the crime scene.”

Oh Hyun Jae says, “I don’t really know why she’s so obsessed over that man,” but Hwang Ha Young reveals, “I also have some debt I need to repay that man,” and Cha Soo Young adds, “I also have someone I must catch.”

The hunt for the serial killer begins as Oh Hyun Jae says, “Now, it’s really show time.” The teaser concludes as he says, “Tell me what you saw. I’ll be the one to judge.”

“Tell Me What You Saw” premieres on February 1 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki! 

b9745b9f1e804cd2b20e759d01ebbc3f.jpeg?s=

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

Another thing I wonder about in the teaser- JH's character doesn't seem to have computer equipment, Just old fashioned listening devices...

You are right! One more mystery! I really want to get to know this character already! He is so full of quirks! 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

You are right! One more mystery! I really want to get to know this character already! He is so full of quirks! 

He might be working off the books? Lol I haven't seen the trailers much and can't understand Korean - but to me it looks like he is operating with the police force but without them knowing that he has re-opened the case about the serial killer again...

• Like 5

Lee Si-won plays Jang Hyuk's fiancee in 'Tell Me What You Saw'

Lee Si-won played Han Yi-soo, the fianceé of Jang Hyuk in the drama. Han is a cellist who combines beauty and talent, and is the only person who can deal with the eccentric Oh Hyun-jae. They met through team leader Hwang ha-young (Jin Seo-yeon) and were planning for marriage.

202001161595090863_1.jpg

http://star.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/202001161595090863?did=NA&dtype=&dtypecode=&prnewsid=

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Prettysup said:

@azureblue7 But I have no impression of her in Beautiful Mind 

She's the doctor that caught LYO comforting his fiance, and then called LYO just "A regular guy in front of a pretty girl" to his utter delight. She was tough, funny and principled. She didn't have that many interaction with JH in the show, but the few interactions they did have, showed great chemistry. Her being cast as the fiance makes me hope that we won't get the regular idealized image of the dead love, but a real fleshed out character.

• Like 4

Jang Hyuk, Sooyoung go after serial murderer in OCN’s Tell Me What You Saw

by tineybeanie

saywhatyousee1.jpg

Upcoming OCN suspense-thriller Tell Me What You Saw has released five character posters of Jang Hyuk (My Country), Sooyoung (So I Married an Anti-fan), Jin Seo-yeon (Eve’s Love), Jang Hyun-sung (VIP), and Ryu Seung-soo (Secret Boutique). Jang Hyuk stars as a police investigator who has lost everything and disappears from the world for a while. His direct personality shows through in his poster’s copy: “Just tell me what you saw. I’ll make the judgement.”

He comes back after being introduced to Sooyoung’s character, a rookie on the investigations team through the team leader, played by Jin Seo-yeon. Sooyoung has eidetic memory and she teams up with Jang Hyuk to pursue a serial murderer who was once thought to be dead. Sooyoung’s poster says: “I remember everything I see like a photograph.” It seems like Jin Seo-yeon also has a connection to the murderer because she squints threateningly as her poster copy says: “I have a debt I need to repay to that bastard.”

Jang Hyun-sung plays the ambitious section chief who keeps making the stakes higher and higher, and his dedication shows in his poster which says: “It’s fine to have personal grudges and suspicious, but the organization must come first.” Ryu Seung-soo plays a veteran police investigator who plays the go-between for Jang Hyun-sung and the investigations team. According to his poster, he may be the old stodge on the team, always wanting to do things the old way by just running the field because he says: “Forensics investigations, cutting edge technology are unnecessary. Investigations are about stamina.”

Saturday-Sunday series Tell Me What You Saw, co-written by Go Young-jae and Han Ki-hyun; directed by Kim Sang-hoon, will begin airing on OCN starting on February 1.

cr: http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/01/jang-hyuk-sooyoung-go-after-serial-murderer-in-ocns-tell-me-what-you-saw/

• Like 3

“Tell Me What You Saw” Releases Character Posters Of Jang Hyuk, Sooyoung, And More

5ef7b1b9cbb3419bbc09dddf09af2488.jpeg?s=

OCN’s upcoming suspense thriller has released new character posters!

On January 16, OCN’s “Tell Me What You Saw” released posters of the drama’s five main detectives, played by Jang Hyuk, Girls’ Generations’ Sooyoung, Jin Seo Yeon, Jang Hyun Sung, and Ryu Seung Soo.

The drama tells the story of genius profiler Oh Hyun Jae (Jang Hyuk), who has lost everything. He works with a detective with a photographic memory named Cha Soo Young (Sooyoung) to track down a serial killer they thought was dead.

In Jang Hyuk’s poster, he’s seen with a stern expression and beads of sweat dripping down his face, while his peaceful-looking shadow looms behind him. It reads, “Tell me what you saw. I’ll be the judge.”

Spoiler

Jang-Hyuk.jpeg

Sooyoung’s poster reads, “I can recall everything I see like photos.” In contrast to her disheveled shadow that appears behind her, she has a focused expression and a determined gaze.

Spoiler

Sooyoung.jpeg

Jin Seo Yeon plays detective Hwang Ha Young, who brings Oh Hyun Jae and Cha Soo Young together. Her will to catch the serial killer can be seen through both her serious appearance and her poster statement, “I also have something to repay that guy for.”

Spoiler

Jin-Seo-Yeon.jpeg

Jang Hyun Sung plays ambitious Choi Hyung Pil, whose poster reads, “Personal resentment and suspicion is fine, but think about the organization first.”

Spoiler

Jang-Hyun-Sung.jpeg

Ryu Seung Soo plays veteran detective Yang Man Soo. His poster states, “We don’t need forensic science or high-tech investigations. Investigations are all about stamina.”

Spoiler

Ryu-Seung-Soo.jpg

Despite all of the characters’ hard exteriors, their looming shadows that show a different side to each of them are raising both curiosity and anticipation for their true personalities.

The producers of “Tell Me What You Saw” shared, “The posters released today portray the characters’ pasts and the present, their duality in personality, and internal changes, while simultaneously reflecting their determination to catch ‘the guy.’ They show the individual stories of each character in a different manner. The actors and staff members have combined forces to work hard and show a good project.”

OCN’s “Tell Me What You Saw” premieres on February 1 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1377466wpp/tell-me-what-you-saw-releases-character-posters-of-jang-hyuk-sooyoung-and-more

• Like 1

So he has lost his sense of pain!!

Reason why Jang Hyuk returns to OCN via drama 'Tell Me What You Saw'.

One of the main reasons Jang Hyuk decided to act in this drama without hesitation is the character. He said: "I look forward to creating a new character different from 'Voice'. This a closed-minded character, and I have prepared various props to leave viewers a deep impression . After the explosion, Oh Hyun-jae was devastated, up to a point which he had lost the feeling of pain. I am making efforts to portray as best as possible the person who has lost his sense of pain." expressing the actor's affection and hard work.

Besides the role, Jang Hyuk said that he was also deeply attracted by the script writing ability. He said: "Oh Hyun-jae is a person who has an overall insight of the case and is close to the investigation. He suffered psychological trauma in the process of tracking the criminal, and it is very interesting for me that he is able to overcome his trauma by going after the suspect again."

Finally, for the starring in an OCN TV series again, he said, "I'm very excited, the expectations are more from the pressure. I will try my best to perform a good work to meet the viewers' expectations, I hope that everyone will look forward to it."

17-497601.jpg

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1