[Drama 2020] Tell Me What You Saw, 본대로 말하라

Prettysup

• 3 months later...

I just completed this drama but I just dont understand this part.

Why did Chief Choi and Deputy Park tried so silent The Guy so badly? What are they trying to hide? I mean the only answer I could think of is when they talk about protecting the organization (I assume is the police?), they don't want public to know that the culprit is actually a police officer. Yes the culprit end up to be a cop but seriously, its not Chief Choi or Deputy Parks fault is it? Why did they make it seem like its their dirty work and go through so much effort to keep this secret hidden - even to their own peers. He even went to the extent of harming their own colleague in the process? Like the last episode when Deputy Park actually ordered his team to kill OHJ.

And also Chief Choi ordered a burnt corpse to be planted in the accident scene 5 years ago as the culprit. Like why? It doesn't make sense right? The culprit is a police so let's put a fake body and assume he's dead?! The accident was 5 years ago and yet they make no effort to find out who's that killer cop until the killer himself strike again.

Did I miss something here?

• 11 months later...
On 8/2/2020 at 2:35 AM, bunbo said:

Why did Chief Choi and Deputy Park tried so silent The Guy so badly? What are they trying to hide? I mean the only answer I could think of is when they talk about protecting the organization (I assume is the police?)

It was very already very embarrassing for the police that they couldn't catch him, they were under huge public pressure, and if it came out that it might be a police officer it would have been a catastrophic PR disaster. They were in charge of the original investigation and would be expected to resign for their failure. Choi is a bureaucrat who cares way more about the prestige of the institution and his position of power in it than actually solving crimes or doing the right thing. It was just corrupt cops taking advantage of the intersection incident to make the case go away and save their reputations, thinking they could quietly solve it themselves without anyone knowing the truth. Then the killer went dormant and OHJ was conveniently out of the picture, so they got complacent.

When the Guy came back, they knew they would be discovered unless they could quickly close the case as a copycat and prevent any further inquiry into what happened five years ago.

That's why Choi was refusing to share information, stealing evidence, and quashing investigations- he thought he could catch the Guy alone and make sure he was killed instead of apprehended so no one would ever know he didn't die in the explosion. They started working against OHJ because they needed to cover up the cover up. If OHJ were to catch the killer and bring him in, proving he was alive, their corruption would be exposed, the police would be humiliated, and both of them would go to jail. By the end, Park knows OHJ knows everything and can't be intimidated or bribed, so he wants to silence him the only way he can.

They're just selfish and small-minded to the point their ambition made them dig their own graves.

• 1 year later...