[Drama 2020] Tell Me What You Saw, 본대로 말하라

Prettysup

Can't believe this show has come to an end. I will miss it especially OHJ and CSY their interactions.

I like the part where OHJ asked SY what she saw after that ordeal with the Guy and she said it's the 'Will'. One is not born good or  evil but it's one's willingness to become good or bad. When OHJ asked the Guy who he wants to kill while he was strangling him, the guy resisted and finally said Kim Yo Han. That was his real name the name his father gave him. KYH was the evil part of him. I think he has always struggled to find his real self. It also explains why he uses others to do his killings. A part of him wants to be the normal guy Kang Dong Sik.

I'm satisfied with the ending. It looks to me like there could be season 2.

Thank you to everyone on this thread for your insights. Hoping to see you all in another thread. I reckon Rugal will replace TMWYS in this time slot. Will see how it goes. 

Till we meet again stay safe from Corona-virus.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

@Ameera Ali I loved that

Spoiler

the security guard was a victim’s father also seeking justice/revenge. That was a nice detail. 

I have a complaint though! I know I need to accept it but why was OHJ so strong!!! He got stabbed or at least cut and then he was walking like nothing!!! 

@bebebisous33 Hi, do you think OHJ was forced to admit he did his best to save Isu or was he forced to face the fact that he wasted time pursuing the killer instead of going directly to save her? Was he really in denial of this fact or is this just KYH manipulating even me? Lol 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Oppa

Here we again :D carrying entire team as usual 

** @phoenix24 oppa so nice you would think he would drag him by the leg all way up :D

Hihi, he's protecting innocent public out there from being traumatize.  Torture more for private.  Oppa is nice he bow back to elder too.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

13 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Ameera Ali I loved that

Reveal hidden contents

@bebebisous33 Hi, do you think OHJ was forced to admit he did his best to save Isu or was he forced to face the fact that he wasted time pursuing the killer instead of going directly to save her? Was he really in denial of this fact or is this just KYH manipulating even me? Lol 

That's KYH manipulating him... KYH was actually acting as the devil's voice, that's why while hearing his reproach, he remembered his action and realized that I Su never showed any sign of hatred, resent or disappointment.

And the thing is that while Hwang said I Su, she was thinking of a loved one, whereas KYH mentioned his own name, it was hatred. Remember that OHJ questioned during the interview if hatred or love was the trigger for mentioning a name... For the serial killer, he always saw it as a sign of hatred... while Hwang was remembering in the last moment before suffocating the person she really loved! Hence for KYH, Hwang must have named her out of jealousy and greed and misunderstood her action. That's why Hwang felt so guilty... 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

23 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Ameera Ali I loved that

Reveal hidden contents

the security guard was a victim’s father also seeking justice/revenge. That was a nice detail. 

I have a complaint though! I know I need to accept it but why was OHJ so strong!!! He got stabbed or at least cut and then he was walking like nothing!!! 

So how did KYH go into the hideout when the guard is there ?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

He doesn’t feel pain. When a soul is empty, it will not feel pain. Because there are other things that is hurting so bad till the fact that he can’t feel the wound. It might bring comfort who knows.

Reveal hidden contents

Love to answer this. I feel like he is indeed in denial, because at that point he was in the middle of the scene, he was deciding on whether to chase the guy or not, it’s that small amount of decisiveness is what caused it all. Had he went for her immediately things could have been different. Of cause..natural instinct, he blame the guy for killing her. It’s human vs nature in this case. So the guy is pretty correct.

At the same time, KYH could be lying. Who knows? But I would say it’s true, because if it’s fake OHJ wouldn’t have those reflections of isu.

100% up to you to decide, they have both right and wrong factors.

Well KYH said they were alike in not feeling pain and fear.  This makes sense too especially if he was prepare to die after kill KYH.

• Like 3

@bebebisous33 Since The Guy lost his voice he indeed sounded like The Devil whispering into OHJs ear (he also reminded me of Gollum from LOTR)

Now that I read your and @Sushimi ‘s take on this scene I think both are possible (he felt guilty AND he tried to save her, so, confronting this, was part of his journey towards “healing”) 

My take is, deep down OHJ has always felt guilty about his moment of hesitation, there’s fear in his eyes when he remembers Isu’s last moments like, what is she thinking? Is she disappointed? Did I abandon her? Is she blaming me? Was it my fault? are multiple thoughts that are in his head, therefore the devil’s whispers ring “true” and unsettle him. He is only verbalizing what he has always felt

And yeah maybe he was trying to protect himself trying to point at the other “culprits” and factors

It’s not that he “killed her” but his split second choice, could’ve made a difference and that tiny possibility is enough to fill a person with overwhelming guilt (same thing that happened with Hwang) If he didn’t feel guilty, the devil’s whisper would have no impact

OTOH it is not a lie that he did do his best to save her, and was even willing, maybe hoping, to die with her. 

However, guilt, in my experience is not something you can shake off, not even rationalizing and justifying your actions, it remains there for the devil to poke at because even with our best intentions we, as humans, are bound to make split second choices that may haunt us forever. Those choices have consequences and when the consequences of our actions (or lack of action) are negative, it forces us to question everything about ourselves. It’s sometimes impossible to let go of the guilt and regret. But you can learn to live with that “scar”, and maybe, hopefully learn from it. Not make the same “mistake” again. 

This, btw, is regardless of wether you are objectively “guilty” or fully responsible for something. I’m referring about the “feeling” of remorse and guilt and not making a judgement of whether he could’ve realistically made a difference had he chosen to save Isu first. 

P.S I think Hwang did have a split second of jealousy towards Isu. I think that is the source of her overwhelming guilt. Yes, she loved her friend but she did say to a taxi driver after having a few drinks “She had everything I didn’t” 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, corey said:

Finished watching.

Oppa very cool, handsome, beautiful and strong. Saved a  girl. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Cha Soo Young believed in oppa until the very end (I woudn't).

Amazing acting.

I would like to add - @Biology Lesson, sadly, my hopes for more character development-  some back story perhaps  -were unfulfilled

I agree with you. I think reading what JH said about the show, he also agrees with you. The funny thing is that he took it on himself- saying that he didn't work hard enough... Didn't work hard enough?! How much harder can this guy work!?

There are lot of things that we could nit pick, a lot of things that we can say could have been done better and more satisfying to us. But it's done. This is what we got. And I am pleased with it, considering that this could have been another Voice. And I can tell you that Voice- I despised! I hated that show. This show, I actually liked. What amazes me is that I'm seeing comments online of people saying that this show wasn't the best, but Voice was the best show ever! These people- I can't understand...

I will say something that JH never will. This director and writer? He is not very good. He doesn't seem to have the ability to create anything deep and thoughtful. Frantic and exciting? Yes. But sadly, mostly empty. Remember that when he was asked what was the difference between this show and Voice, he actually couldn't articulate it. It was JH that had the answer. But the thing is that when JH takes on a project, it's not necessarily about the project itself. It's more about forming a working relationship. And this is something that I think JH has established. What I hope is that for the next project, if there will be one, JH will be able to be more involved in the development and writing stage (maybe that was the "harder work" that he was talking about...) and maybe together they will develop something that is more satisfying for us all...

• Like 2

@Biology Lesson Someone correct me if I’m wrong but it is my understanding that the PD of Voice did not direct TMWYS, he is credited as “creator” but he is not the PD on field neither is he the writer. Also the writer of TMWYS is not the same writer of Voice

According to Asianwiki

Tell me what you saw

Voice

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson Someone correct me if I’m wrong but it is my understanding that the PD of Voice did not direct TMWYS, he is credited as “creator” but he is not the PD on field neither is he the writer. Also the writer of TMWYS is not the same writer of Voice

According to Asianwiki

Tell me what you saw

Voice

Asianwiki got this part wrong. Initially the PD was supposed to be Lee Joon hyeong, but it was then changed to Kim Sang Hoon before the premiere. U can read about the news in one of the earlier pages in this thread. Kim Sang Hoon is actually the co-director of Voice. 

Kim Hong San, Voice’s main director, is the creator, this part is correct. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Asianwiki got this part wrong. Initially the PD was supposed to be Lee Joon hyeong, but it was then changed to Kim Sang Hoon before the premiere. U can read about the news in one of the earlier pages in this thread. Kim Sang Hoon is actually the co-director of Voice. 

Kim Hong San, Voice’s main director, is the creator, this part is correct. 

Ok wow, those two Voice PD’s, I could easily confuse their names

Got it, so Voice co-director is the main PD of TMWYS. And the writers for both dramas are different. 

• Like 3

HIt was a good drama my friends  I enjoyed  even with all the little  details  that not perfect  still it was great and they ended  it well 

One thing  I have to point that here my soompi  friends we should go and write our own trill  and dark dramas sometimes since our theories is more complex  and darker  then what any writer  dare to do :joy: oh how much we wrote here a perfect  theories :love:

I am not fan  of muilty  season  dramas in Korean drama since it  most of the time dont end well but that doesn't  mean I dont have my favorite  muilty seasons drama too from it 

You know I am Waiting for season 2 of secret  forest with both joyfully over sky feeling  and fear in my heart at the same time 

But there characters  that you cant stop want to see more of them that you feel they really human who has layers  and that you didnt get to see all of it yet and you want to see them grow more 

Ohj is the same I feel I need to see more of his childhood, more about his grown up, more about him getting back to life again ( not clored character  he was black one from 20 years ago from the flashback  my friends :joy:

I feel that I need more and I want to see him grow connection with CSY  as partner and as life light  that she presents, and yes I still dream of romance  here 

I am okay with what we get but you cant stop these feelings  for some characters  I need more I need to watch over theirs  life as really  human being cause their story never end 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

According to Asianwiki

Tell me what you saw

Voice

From what I saw in the pictures from the set, the person that JH was in constant contact was mainly the director of Voice. 

47 minutes ago, corey said:

Yes, actually it is hard to believe anyone working harder than JH. It just confirms how humble he is and dedicated to his work.

Voice is on my to watch list. I will tell you then if I am one of "these people" :). Probably not.

I liked TMWYS up to about episode 8. I loved JH's acting when he was in wheelchair pretending to be blind. I think I fell in love slightly with that mysterious beautiful man.  I loved his iteractions with CSY, the incredibly intimate moments when they were talking over the comlink. And then ... it fizzled for me, turned into a standard "who done it" and "revenge" schlock with a thin sprinkle of old-age moral lessons. Sorry for such harsh words, please do not hate me, but my expectations were so high... :tears:

Oh, you have every right to feel the way you do. It's OK. :) Do watch Voice, but I will tell you, if you think TMWYS had very little character development, then Voice will redefine "little" for you... I actually remember hating the show so much I literally yelled at the TV, for wasting JH's talent and my time... 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 3

@corey I had not thought about that but now you put that image in my head and my bleeding lonely heart! 

but but but you know what! I WANT to believe (with OHJ is almost everything me wanting to see, rather than seeing) that, in the last episode, OHJ didn’t like it one bit when KYH said that SY was going to be the next. I want to believe OHJ snapped out of his trance a bit when he said this. I know, it’s probably a stretch but I want to believe it. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@corey I had not thought about that but now you put that image in my head and my bleeding lonely heart! 

but but but you know what! I WANT to believe (with OHJ is almost everything me wanting to see, rather than seeing) that, in the last episode, OHJ didn’t like it one bit when KYH said that SY was going to be the next. I want to believe OHJ snapped out of his trance a bit when he said this. I know, it’s probably a stretch but I want to believe it. 

I am thinking like that too 

that what i choice to see and read since this drama all based at different  understanding of scenes they making that by choice to let the view read into the scenes from ep 1

so yes i believe that KYH saying that CSY is the next to get killed what wake OHJ up 

as i said before i choice to believe that he wasn't acting blind at first his eyes get cloudy and that normal after the head hit and the emotional stress he was on 

but he didn't go blind more cloudy eyes for few moment when CSY call his name first behind the door his eyes which was focusing on one side start moving right and left and when KYH said she the next and was talking about her again OHJ one face and eyes start to change i think in that moment he start to see again but stay  sitting on ground to have a chance to get KYh on one move when he try to kill him as he did 

that what i believe since yes he didn't see at first that wasn't a lie 

and the next scene prove that how affecting CSY has on him 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

From what I saw in the pictures from the set, the person that JH was in constant contact was mainly the director of Voice. 

Which one you are referring to? This one is Kim Sang Hoon, the co-director of Voice, and the main director of TMWYS.

0000794065_002_20200129151010570.jpg?typ

The main director of Voice is Kim Hong san and he looks like this

2017011101000854600057721.jpg&key=809593