[Drama 2020] Tell Me What You Saw, 본대로 말하라

Prettysup

1 hour ago, kohnlee said:

It certainly looks like a guy to me because of the shoulders which look pretty broad and a middle age one based on the pic posted by @azureblue7 he is the reason why we got to see the face of the fake ‘guy’. 

so going by that method of killing, the last victim was the doctor and of course OHJ but failed. With that, who is the next victim? 

I don’t think the Doctor was part of the pattern, the other killers weren’t part of it either, they were just “in the way”. The last victim as part of this evil chain (according to OHJ) was indeed Isu. One of the mysteries is, why did he stop with her? Or did she actually name someone but the killer couldn’t get to that someone? Could that someone be OHJ himself? (Awww blowing up the OH - Isu ship already) It’s interesting that OHJ thinks Isu was part of the “chain/pattern” and not that she was killed to teach him a lesson for his TV interview (as was speculated at some point)

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

It’s interesting that OHJ thinks Isu was part of the “chain/pattern” and not that she was killed to teach him a lesson for his TV interview (as was speculated at some point)

This! 

I can’t figure out at all which is the right theory too. Too many red herrings to mislead us. The story seriously is testing us like OHJ said to SY and like the title says. Do we believe what we want to believe because we are skewed by our opinions? Lol. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:
45 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

It’s interesting that OHJ thinks Isu was part of the “chain/pattern” and not that she was killed to teach him a lesson for his TV interview (as was speculated at some point)

This! 

I can’t figure out at all which is the right theory too. Too many red herrings to mislead us. The story seriously is testing us like OHJ said to SY and like the title says. Do we believe what we want to believe because we are skewed by our opinions? Lol

I am confused too. I guess the story is not as predictable as it seems. We should not believe what we saw..haha!

And I thought OHJ's ultimate goal in the end is to catch the guy but it is actually to find out who wanted Isu dead. So when we thought that he was making a big mistake talking about the guy on tv, it seemed like he knew the guy didn't kill Isu for that.

It was just an asumption that the explosion incident happened right after the TV interview. Maybe there were more things that happened in between but weren't shown to us yet. Those could give us a better idea why OHJ thinks that Isu was part of his killing chain, the last link?

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Haha but I don’t like romance genre , so I am not hoping for that aspect. I hope to see OHJ suffer some repercussions from over exerting himself, but not necessary to the extent of going back to a wheelchair though. 

I like romance genre sometimes, and I also hope to see OHJ suffer repercussions and in pain, and SY the one to take care of him, haha... we're the ultimate psycho.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

image.jpegFrom the significance of Russian dolls to the perversion of toys

When OHJ visited the flat of the deceased journalist, he discovered a wire in a Russian doll. This caught his attention because it didn't suit to the flat's style. I see some parallels between the chameleon and the Russian doll. The chameleon changes his color in order to adapt to his new environment and escape his enemies. His transformation relies a lot on his surroundings so that it doesn't catch the attention of anyone, it wants to blend in... looks so average and normal. The principle of Russian dolls is quite similar, each time you open a doll, there is a smaller one hidden. Each time, you think, you have found the last Russian doll, you are wrong, there is a smaller one. All of them look similar, the only change is the size. Just like the chameleon, there is a certain conformity... each doll looks the same, like the chameleon looks like its environment: blend in. Each time, they thought, they had caught the killer... they were proven wrong:

- the identity of The Guy remains a mystery... it was as if KSH, Jung, GS were all Russian dolls... but after opening the last one, you discover that there is another doll...

image.png Then in the accident scene, we have this weird doll as well. Due to the different eyes and the mouth looking like a huge scar, the viewer gets some creepy feelings. It was as if the doll had been tormented and even butchered. The doll witnessed the accident, just like the Russian doll let the Guy hear GS's own conversations and crime. Then we have also the huge stuffed bear with a camera as eyes witnessing the attempt of sexual abuse. image.png

Since dolls and stuffed animals are linked to children, these objects symbolize the innocence but this doll above and the stuffed bear are perverted and associated to pain and trauma. And this makes me wonder if the stuffed bear owned by the sexual offender hasn't been offered by the Guy? I see some similarities here too. He listened to GS and he could be watching the sexual offender through the camera... He could be someone who enjoys witnessing "crimes".

As conclusion, there is a recurrence of the perversion of toys which is a clue that The Guy is somehow linked to a dark past... a huge trauma but he has hidden it behind the smiling Russian doll. They look normal on the surface, but underneath you don't know what you will find.   

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

I don’t think the Doctor was part of the pattern, the other killers weren’t part of it either, they were just “in the way”. The last victim as part of this evil chain (according to OHJ) was indeed Isu. One of the mysteries is, why did he stop with her? Or did she actually name someone but the killer couldn’t get to that someone? Could that someone be OHJ himself? (Awww blowing up the OH - Isu ship already) It’s interesting that OHJ thinks Isu was part of the “chain/pattern” and not that she was killed to teach him a lesson for his TV interview (as was speculated at some point)

ah yes, Isu was unlikely the last In the chain if this is a serial murderer. 

if Isu was meant to be the last , it means that the killer’s intent was only to get her. If so; why need to kill the rest just to get to her?

so I believe I Su wasn’t meant to be the last, it just happened to be the last Becos of that explosion. 

@bebebisous33 wow very observant! I didn’t notice the doll in the hit and run accident. All I saw was the driver in a cap and a boy around the same age as the one that was abducted in episode 6, seated at the back. 

And from your pic, the doll was indeed abnormal. It does look like it was manipulated for sure. If toys were all part of the plan, then why about the peppermint candy? Isn’t that ‘the guy’s signature piece as well? 

@Ameera Ali hmm not too sure about whether the boy in the car was also abducted.

if so, shouldn’t he be looking flustered, scared and perhaps pounding on the window for help? 
He appeared calm even when the car knocked down a woman or maybe too shocked for words. 

• Like 5

I saw that many here are hoping for a romance between OHJ and CSY, and I personally don't really see that happening. We're talking about a man who fell in love for the first time in his life, wanted to marry that person and then lost her to a horrible death. He has obsessed over her and her death for 5 years. He still listens to her music. He still has tears in his eyes when he speaks about her. I don't see him letting her go before he heals, and that will probably happen by the end of he season. What I do hope we'll see is their love story- who he was before he met her, how she changed him and won his heart. She needs to be one special lady... As much as a I want to see JH is a romantic setup, I don't see it happening with CSY. She is sweet and courageous, but as her doctor said, she is slower than most people. I don't see a man as brutally intelligent as OHJ being in a relationship with a woman like that. It wouldn't be fair to her...

I think we can speak of the possibility of OHJ moving on, with anyone, only if we will get a second season. In that case, I actually would love it if it would a female master criminal. I think that would be interesting. And sexy :)

• Like 5

@kohnlee She was the last in the chain, so far as we know, and we don’t know why, OHJ doesn’t know why, that is one of the mysteries (if we knew, there’d be no mystery lol) 

What Im saying is, Dr Ahn and copycat killers do not need to fit the killer’s M.O ( and they don’t, as far as we saw) 

Anyway, maybe everything Im thinking is wrong. This drama’s title shouldn’t be “Tell me what you saw” but “Tell me what you think you saw and it’s probably wrong” 

@Biology Lesson I don’t know why but I already feel non chemistry between Isu and OHJ, even the way she talked about him made him seem so boring. The fact that he rarely talked to her and only listened to her music? Boring! I kinda prefer just imagining their relationship which seems already chaste and dry somehow (Sorry for being pessimistic but Isu makes me think of Lee Gun and Sera, that idealistic meh kind of relationship) 

At least with SY, he values her enough to talk with her (even if it is to profile her lol and well “use” her ability) but we already saw he is appreciating some of her worth as a person, as we saw how he described her to Hwang. I want a platonic relationship between OHJ and CSY because I feel “acting” chemistry and I could forsee them becoming like LYO and Wifi. They weren’t a “hot” couple but they were amazing together. They just worked for me as the most amazing odd couple. And it was especially good, because they were both “different”. I also don’t think CSY is dumb at all. It takes her longer to connect dots than it takes OHJ (because he is a genius supposedly) but she actually makes smart deductions faster than Hwang and the rest of the gang. There is also something called emotional intelligence, which I think she has.

The only reason I hesitate about this ship is not her level of intelligence, but how damaged and savage he is. He is not really fit for any sane woman (at the moment) 

@corey Don’t stop! Imaginary impossible ships are the best ships! 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I saw that many here are hoping for a romance between OHJ and CSY, and I personally don't really see that happening. We're talking about a man who fell in love for the first time in his life, wanted to marry that person and then lost her to a horrible death. He has obsessed over her and her death for 5 years. He still listens to her music. He still has tears in his eyes when he speaks about her. I don't see him letting her go before he heals, and that will probably happen by the end of he season. What I do hope we'll see is their love story- who he was before he met her, how she changed him and won his heart. She needs to be one special lady... As much as a I want to see JH is a romantic setup, I don't see it happening with CSY. She is sweet and courageous, but as her doctor said, she is slower than most people. I don't see a man as brutally intelligent as OHJ being in a relationship with a woman like that. It wouldn't be fair to her...

I think we can speak of the possibility of OHJ moving on, with anyone, only if we will get a second season. In that case, I actually would love it if it would a female master criminal. I think that would be interesting. And sexy :)

Dear first when he fall in love the first it wasn't with master criminal  or smart or super genius  woman  he  was in love with warm, nice and musical  woman , most people in music professionals   are emotional, sensitive and don't live with logic :joy:

So he yes fall in love with someone totally  different  from him and not matching  his brilliant, cold and arrogant  character  

But she was one special lady I agree on that , I  would like to see too how much and in which way  she win his heart , but that dont make CSY  any less options. 

I think what OHJ  liked about his late fiancee was exactly that she was different  from him, and  add that she could understand, love and stand against him too   even when they different she could make it work (for  someone like her a man like OHJ  isn't the best fit   too but she loved him ) 

I am not  saying we for sure will have romance :joy: I am more logic  person  then to hope so much, it just that I dont think it hopless  case here there still a chance

And I agree he still in pain from losing her, yeh that what making healing him need more , it was 5 years ago the man can move on but not easy he not going to live normal and date normal or even wake up someday  and say to himself  okay I am alright  I can start look at other woman , sure not the man even saying he not living cause he breathing 

But he still can fall in love slowly  , by starting trusting first, connected  to the world  again, feel more feeling while dealing with others now  then the pain, sad and guilty that he was feeling for 5 years, and slowly find himself  open up to life first then love next

Yeh that a long road maybe one season  isn't enough  but I hope it will be in this season  Jang hyuk not fan of muilty seasons  dramas and look how fast they moving we here thought his lie and acting disability  while not be out before ep 10- 12  and her in ep 6 everything change so it not  a lose case 

And about his fiancee  he loved her , and sure still love her, you cant forget  someone you loved when he didnt hurt you, you cant forget  him for life if he die suddenly and sure you cant stop missing him when you lose him to tragedy  like that, he will be in your heart forever  

But right now what Ohj has is pain, hate, guilty  and remorse one of the step  in his healing when he can smile while remembering her not just cry and be in pain , when he remembers her with her happy moment not just the painful one 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

@kohnlee Well, I had this idea that the boy who witnessed the car accident is the future The Guy and the accident triggered something in him. And if it is his MO, to influence people to commit crimes and witness it, it would explain why the targets were all so different. Furthermore, this would also mirrors OHJ's behavior as profiler and serves as contrast too: OHJ manipulated KSH and others in order to lure the copycat The Guy. Then we would have two versions: the rather good version (OHJ is trying to catch the perpetrator) and the bad version (the one who wants to witness more and more crimes).

Thanks a lot for your reminder about the peppermint candy. How can we explain this presence? So far, OHJ hasn't understood what kind of message The Guy has been using with this "peppermint candy" either. Strangely, while reading your post, the word "candy" made me realize something. In my opinion, we were all more focused on the word "peppermint" and where it is used than on the word "candy". Candies or sweets are things that children like and candies are even used as reward for good behavior. What if the "peppermint candy" signifies that the killers have been approached by The Guy and after each crime, they would put one there in order to show that they had done well. By using the peppermint candy, the mastermind /The Guy can feel some achievement... his "students" have been working hard as killers. They all want to be recognized by "The Guy" and as such even think that they can become The Guy at some point. I hope, it is understandable.

That's why I am thinking that CYS's sunbae/oppa could be definitely linked to the Guy. If my theory is true, the accident could have created a strong link between CSY and the boy in the car. He decided to remain close to CSY... and "oppa" knows CSY pretty well. Furthermore, he works at the police station just like her, although he doesn't seem to enjoy his job very much, especially since he seems quite lazy... Then as a policeman, he could be able to track down killers or serial killers and use his double identity to relieve the feeling of power while watching crimes as well. Maybe he doesn't kill himself very often and let others do the job. The peppermint candy is the reward for recognition.    

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Insightful 1

27 minutes ago, corey said:

Well, I am hoping but I know that chances are slim, virtually none. However, maybe I am super-sensitive to such stuff, but I see that  she has developed some feelings for OHJ. She is hurt too much by his deceiving her that it would have been due if their relationship had been purely professional. I am sure someone like her would feel more than just pity for an incredibly handsome and intelligent man in a wheelchair with a sexy voice. I know I would :P.

I do not quite feel that way. Why would it not be fair to her? Would he be mocking her that she is slow? Do couples need to be on the same intelligence level? Is that what is most important in a relationship? Or perhaps the more important thing is what both parties are able to offer each other and how can they support each other? In that aspect, I believe CSY would be perfect for OHJ, who has been hurt so much and has deep feelings and intelligence. Would it not be refreshing for him to be with someone simple and innocent?

OK, I am fanfictioning here and fangirling at the same time,  so I am going to stop now, and from now on I will refrain from promoting this "ship" which is not going to happen :tears:

I don't think that anyone has the real recipe for a good relationship, but I think in OHJ's case, a woman that is relatively slow, would not be someone that he could have long conversations with. Just my opinion. I feel like the relationship they are developing is that of a mentor and menti.

I often compare OHJ to another character that JH played in Beautiful Mind, LYO. In that show you might say that his love is kinda similar to CSY, as she was young, innocent and optimistic, and she also wasn't as intelligent as him, as she often said herself. But she had emotional intelligence that often surprised LYO, as she saw things he didn't see in people. So there was something to her that made her exceptional to LYO. This is not the case here. The only time CSY surprised OHJ was when she decided to stay and save the woman. Any other time, she was completely predictable. Will that change in the future? Maybe. But I don't see it developing into a romance, even if she was more suitable. I just don't think that OHJ is ready yet...

• Like 3

@kohnlee I think that useless cop didn’t look at the case probably , who would ride a stolen car with their child , even criminal leave their children at home . When reading @bebebisous33 about the candy & the doll it make sense it may link to a child trauma . 

we know the first accident happened in 2000 , can any one share rest of the time line of The guy killing :)

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

@Ameera Ali With my theory, this would also explain why OHJ's statement on TV wasn't entirely wrong: he let victims choose a person to die... Because when he said this, he implied three persons: The Guy, a victim who would cause the death of another person... And with my theory, we have a mastermind who manipulates killers to kill others and at some point the killers die killed by another killer = 3 persons too. Furthermore, OHJ's idea implied "manipulation" as well... he let the victims choose another victim.

Based on this, we can come to this possibility that the sexual offender will be also killed by another killer.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 5

@bebebisous33 you right killer get killed by another killer is good point & they always get killed when the police is on to them  . 

I find suspicious this detective alway left behind don’t rush to the crime scene like other detective. 

15821363481582136332.gif

I feel like  he not only leaking information to his boss but he may have dark secret too , One thing The guy enjoy is spot light & humiliating the police  :D

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, corey said:

But SY is also damaged! She had trauma even before the car accident with her mother, as we have seen. That is why I thought they may heal each other - she may help him soften and lose his bitterness and need for revenge, he may hep her understand what was happening with her

No you didnt miss  anything  

What more interesting is what the offer he had for her 

He told her he will help her with her mother case as a reason to let her agree to even hear his offer  

With OHJ  I can imagine so much thought of what offer  he had in mind but I know he going to suprising me with hidden one 

And I dont believe  he cant back to police  if he want as I write  before he will have so many ways to make them take him back but if he want to do that :smirk:

16 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@bebebisous33 you right killer get killed by another killer is good point & they always get killed when the police is on to them  . 

I find suspicious this detective alway left behind don’t rush to the crime scene like other detective. 

I feel like  he not only leaking information to his boss but he may have dark secret too , One thing The guy enjoy is spot light & humiliating the police  :D

He in the suspect list for sure 

26 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@bebebisous33 Yes, Dongsik (her oppa/sunbae) I can’t help but feel he is suspicious. The little details, even how OCD he was about Sooyoung not getting poop in the car, lol (ok, granted, who wants poop in their car? Lol) but I dunno, he is just weird :D

Yeh I know or he will be killer or he would get killed

I am not negative  person but it OCN, it thriller and dark drama and giving me the sweet , so helping and unselfish   oppa is so much to be positive  that not going bad later 

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, corey said:

I also cannot quite see SY as "slow". As @dramafan33 mentioned above, she definitely has emotional intelligence and it was thanks to her that they were able to save people and proceed faster with the investigation. Also, if OHJ would consider ther dumb, he would not want to be her mentor, either. I would rather have a dumb lover than a dumb co-worker :D . And he definitely wants to work with her, although I am not sure why. To use her as a bait?

The doctor she met with when she was small clearly said that "she was slower then most". And on various occasions she did prove that she was slow- like her just standing there with her flashlight on, while knowing that there was someone in the apartment with her, the way she just stood there while the profiler was being choked and hung... also, her going into dangerous places alone, several times, is not very intelligent. There were two occasions already that she should have died in- the time she was caught in the apartment, and in the ice factory (?). The only reason she wasn't dead was because the killer suddenly wasn't interested in killing anymore. I actually like the fact that we were told that she was slow, as it allowed me to explain many of her actions on the show until now, and not dismiss it to the writers being careless. And slow doesn't mean dumb...

I actually don't know to which occasions you are pointing to when you are saying she has shown emotional intelligence... I am being sincere. I have no idea! She is a nice girl, that is very brave (to the point of being careless) with exceptional memory. That's all I've seen by now. 

As to why OHJ wants to work with her- I think it's because she is an outsider, so he can be certain she wasn't involved in what happened 5 years before. It's clear he doesn't trust anyone in that police station. Also, he knows everything about her, meaning he knows she is honest and idealistic, so he can trust her.

I'm sure the show is leading to a place in which both will help each other heal. That's a no brainer. I just don't think it's through a romantic connection. More than anything- because OHJ is not ready for a romance (and it's an OCN show :) )

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

I have to agree with @Biology Lesson that the main reason OHJ wants to work with Sooyoung is probably so far, she is the only person he knows that he can trust. Not only is she not involved in the events of five years ago but she is a person with clearly pure intentions. Awww but see? Now I want to ship and say that this is exactly what his wounded darkened heart needs :wub: lololol sorry friend! shippers gonna ship no matter how ridiculous the idea :lol:

Also, her gift is something that intrigues him, and maybe he wants to help her master it. As much as he dismisses her gift sometimes, I think he sees it can be pretty useful. We also know he needs to continue investigating since he still has not gotten his answer about Isus’ death. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1