[Drama 2020] Tell Me What You Saw, 본대로 말하라

Prettysup

@nona88 I loved this episode so much! It turned around the drama completely for me. I thought I’d feel so betrayed if OHJ was faking but in the end, the drama got so much better that I don’t care

OHJ is a major creep and he is FASCINATING. I’m not sure I can say I “love” him but I love what Jang Hyuk is doing with this character

I loved all the scenes you mentioned and Ill add a few more

1) When OHJ told team leader Hwang “Am I really living, I’m only breathing like this” heartbreaking. I’m not saying he is one scary almost “psychopath” dude but he does carry a great deal of pain

2) When OHJ found the hearing device or wiretap device and connected with some guy (who Im assuming is actually “The Guy”?) That weird sound the guy made, was it coming from his voice? What was it! It totally creeped me out! And then his weird hand movement! Was he happy that someone found him? You know? Its like the game is finally starting? Ahhhhh HE SCARED ME!!!! I love this. This killer seems like the formidable enemy I was waiting for. 

3) The case of the child terrified me! The boy is a great actor and the criminal too! Super scary and that’s what I was waiting for! To feel something. This reminded me of one of the good cases of voice, with the difference that the leads are now interesting too

Another thing, it seems Hwang has feelings for OHJ. I thought she would be angry at him, instead she seems to have softened up. 

7 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Why does it look like JH and the killer are shooting a romantic scene?:sweatingbullets:

Yes, it was more a sexy kinky scene, when the killer said : Yes yes choke me like that! I was waiting for this lolol 

I know you dropped the drama, but today’s episode was really good! 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

The theme of the weak, the defenceless and the disabled continues. 

Poor boy... first he's being molested and chased around because he has no voice or means to fight back. Now he's kidnapped by goodness-knows-who. Not the molester, I don't think. 

Well, that was certainly 2 hours of riveting television... with some fascinating twists and turns. ;) Phew! OHJ is the Man. Geez. What an insane set up! Setting himself and SY as bait for The Guy.

While I'm pleased that they caught the perpetrator this quickly (I was dreading the thought that this wild goose chase for The Guy would continue until Ep. 15), I suppose they couldn't help themselves by sending us off on another rabbit trail called "Who Called the Shots on I-Su?" :D I have my suspicions of course but that's a hornet's nest in the making if I ever saw one.

The fact that OHJ orchestrated recent events explains quite a fair bit. It does make him seem rather eerily god-like. But very twisted. It was a dark moment and he did put his psychiatrist at risk. SY is right to want to keep her distance.

I still think there's something dodgy about SY's hometown sunbae. There's something about the way he keeps popping up in the show that warrants our interest. On top of that he's openly shallow. What it is exactly... I'm not quite sure. Maybe he's only really just in love with her and I'm overthinking things. :P Needless to say more information is required on that front.

I suppose we can't have a SK cop show without organizational politics and corruption. ;) To be fair it isn't of every single drama that I've seen but in the vast majority of them, the powers that be conveniently get in the way of our protagonists doing their job, sometimes because of serious conflicts of interests.

It is laughable and a bit rich that Chief Choi continues parroting the line that his primary concern is for the organization. Maybe it is. Maybe he has a very warped view about what that looks like. His justification for spinning the press releases in a certain fashion seems to me not only highly unethical but very dangerous. Obfuscating the truth has a nasty way of biting back as we've seen. It hampers those at the coalface from doing their job and puts the general safety of people involved in jeopardy.

We can see that Chief Choi has a vested interest in maintaining the status quo. I imagine he rode on the coattails of the incident from 5 years ago to get to his current position by claiming to have caught The elusive Guy. Obviously he knows that his position and that of his partner-in-crime are tenuous at best. He is political animal. Getting to the truth and investigating a case are only important insofar as the help him stay ahead of the game ie. going through the ranks. I thought his comment to OHJ was telling... about hating his profiling skills. Here we come to the very heart of what policing is. You have to wonder why these people join the force in the first place. One would think it's generally a good thing that there are newer and better tools to catch dangerous criminals. Instead for some, it's a threat to their place in the organization.

It does beg the question... is the police force merely a place for those who fall in line with "the system"? Those who hold that view think that there is safety and certainty in that. You can see why. They've learnt to play the game a certain way and to change the way the game is played is a huge mental realignment. Can old dogs learn new tricks? Maybe not. The problem with that is that the organization becomes a static entity with those holding power as gatekeepers. There's no room for innovation except on some superficial level. For an organization to be agile and adaptable it must have room for a variety of competencies, skill sets to be on top. That's the only diversity that really matters in the workplace. And diversity of opinion. Good leadership can harness all that well. That is to say... old dogs can hire new dogs to do tricks they can't.

That's why someone like SY was largely ignored. No one knew what to do with her because no one that values homogeneity and the status quo is thinking outside the square. Already from spending a bit of time with OHJ and TL Hwang, she's made some progress as a detective. What she needed was instruction and mentoring to tap into the diamond in the rough. She will never be OHJ or TL Hwang, but that's not the point. The point is how her ability can complement the rest of the team.

OHJ is the outlier in an organization that values conformity. Adherence to procedures and processes have their place (although from experience the more of them there are, the harder it seems to do one's job) but when an organization doesn't value the talent that it has, the talented will look elsewhere or worse still, the talented will find ways of working against it to get the job done.

• Like 10
  • Insightful 4

6 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

This killer seems like the formidable enemy I was waiting for.

Me too! This "the guy" better be a real formidable one. Hope his face is also scary.

3) The case of the child terrified me! The boy is a great actor and the criminal too! Super scary and that’s what I was waiting for!

Could this story be linked to SY mother accident? Could the sex offender be the boy inside the car?

it seems Hwang has feelings for OHJ. I thought she would be angry at him, instead she seems to have softened up. 

I somehow have the feeling she knows OHJ has recovered from his blindness + paralysed but she pretended not to know. She didn't seem surprised. She told OHJ Dr An is alive & said she & Dr An have been in touch so probably Dr An told her OHJ condition.

I'm hoping ep 7 will give us some background story of 5 years ago for us to put the puzzle together a little. I'm curious why Leader Hwang & Chief Choi is not on good terms. I'm curious how did JM become Chief Choi spy. I'm curious what Chief & Commissioner wants to hide. I'm curious why the killer wants Isu killed.

Arggh! When is saturday coming?

• Like 6

@budgerie Yes, she knew! OHJ asked her: Since when did you know? And she answered “I”ve been in touch with Dr Ahn” so I assume they were talking about his recovery. And in the scene in their hideout, she sounded mostly worried that he risked his life rather than angry. 

@40somethingahjumma As always, love your insights. Is the guy now in comma, the actual “Guy” I think he is another copycat, no? I think the actual “Guy” is the one OHJ heard when he connected the wiretap, the one who did the creepy sound and strange hand moment. It gave me the creeps and it made me think the “Candy guy” has a sense of humor. 

I also find Dongsik suspicious 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Yes, it was more a sexy kinky scene, when the killer said : Yes yes choke me like that! I was waiting for this lolol 

I know you dropped the drama, but today’s episode was really good! 

If the drama assures to explore masochism and sadism in upcoming episodes then I've to yield. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Man Jang Hyuk you are unstoppable and hot and that hair :w00t:

Lol, I kind of got a feeling that Team Leader Hwang kind of has a hand in killing Isu...When Jang asked our "Guy" the camera gets back to her but who knows. But I do know that Team Leader Hwang does like Oh Hyun Jae for sure...that girl has her eyes on our long-haired dude. Like who wouldn't? Isu is lucky to have Oh Hyun Jae actually chasing after her killer...not many guys do that. 

Scary case - very similar to one of the cases in Voice 2.. and this fake "Guy" kind of reminded me of Kwon Yool's character from Voice 2. 

I am happy to see that Jang Hyuk will be doing some action sequences (hopefully) in the next couple episodes. I really wanna see his romance LOL:w00t::lol: with me!:lol:

Other than that I really love everyone's theories on here. :) 

• Like 10

did Hwang's failure to fire a warning shot at Gyeong Su have something to do with I Su's death?

That was the best episode so far and what a twist. To think that for 5 yrs OHJ had himself confined to that space  while carefully and meticulously planned that confrontation with 'The Guy' was quiet chilling. I suppose one needs to be a psychopath to beat another psychopath.   Apparently GyeongSu is not 'The Guy' but was merely used by him like the other serial killers and i don't think he has anything to do with SY's mother hit and run case. Looking back at the scene of the hit and run accident in ep1, the driver does look like the guy who abducted HyunSoo. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

1 hour ago, msaamia said:

Lol, I kind of got a feeling that Team Leader Hwang kind of has a hand in killing Isu...When Jang asked our "Guy" the camera gets back to her but who knows. But I do know that Team Leader Hwang does like Oh Hyun Jae for sure...that girl has her eyes on our long-haired dude. Like who wouldn't? Isu is lucky to have Oh Hyun Jae actually chasing after her killer...not many guys do that. 

But Isu said sister (referring to Leader Hwang) gave her the best present - I assume Leader Hwang introduced both of them. Did she get jealous after that (if you think that she has a hand in killing Isu)....

1 hour ago, msaamia said:

I am happy to see that Jang Hyuk will be doing some action sequences (hopefully) in the next couple episodes. I really wanna see his romance LOL:w00t::lol: with me!:lol:

Doubt OHJ will have any romance in this drama. Didn't even show us some romance time between Isu & OHJ. I'm excited about ep 7 because we're going to be searching for the missing boy. And since OHJ needn't go into hiding any more, we're going to see him outside with more fresh air than inside that dark room. :lol:Btw, any one noticed where's the chameleon when OHJ & the killer broke the glass??

• Like 5

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@40somethingahjumma As always, love your insights. Is the guy now in comma, the actual “Guy” I think he is another copycat, no? I think the actual “Guy” is the one OHJ heard when he connected the wiretap, the one who did the creepy sound and strange hand moment. It gave me the creeps and it made me think the “Candy guy” has a sense of humor. 

I also find Dongsik suspicious 

I'm not too concerned either way. ;) I'm happy to call the mastermind The Guy Behind The Guy. ;)

At least the reporter was involved in the explosion from 5 years ago so as far as OHJ is concerned he is That Guy. Plus he killed the other two serial killing nutjobs from the last couple of weeks so at least that arc is complete.

Of course this is a problem for the chief and his ally. They thought they had everything wrapped rather nicely with a bow 5 years ago when in reality there were all these loony killers running amok. They believed that something was over when clearly it wasn't. Now to cover their backsides, the chief is in perpetual damage control sweating over being called up for doing such a sloppy job that time.

What a stressful way to live.

If he doesn't get killed by The Guy Behind The Guy, he's probably going to drop dead from a heart attack.

I'm a bit sad though that OHJ is out of his wheelchair sauntering around with both eyes fully functioning. It would have been much more fun having him in the dark room whizzing around like Charles Xavier doing his blind fury shtick. 

:D

Not a deal breaker but when I think of what might have been...

• Like 7

The driver from the episode 1 doesn't look like the perverted man.

The profiler OHJ has lost his humanity as he has lost his heart. But due to CSY, he will change... notice that when he made her the offer, it was to catch the killer of her mother, but CSY has a different approach. For her, being a cop means saving lives. She only contacted OHJ because she knew that without his help, she wouldn't be able to rescue the boy.

By the way, I was right about the corpse in the appartment. The man was dead.;)

Since the copycat The Guy has a real identity, GS, we can say that he is not the real perpetrator, The Guy. Since OHJ asked the copycat who had given the order to kill I Su, now it looks like The Guy is actually not a serial killer but a hitman who disguises his murders as serial murders. This would explain why the 11 victims were all different.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

@dramafan33 yeh I like all those  scenes too and I agree we can't get angry about the OHJ trick  and change like that cause they did so quickly  and so good to be able to feel bad about it 

I just can't know how this drama will be with him now like this , I was one of people who was written so much  about him faking it but still writing I hope he still like this at least blind but he full body recover  making me wonder where it going now 

They really need to focus  on OHJ  emotional scares now to make the balance 

Still that was one good episode  that make me speechless 

@imgreatgal & @msaamia 

Sadly i have to agree with you 

Not sure about that the reason that she have romance feeling for him or not yet they  show different complex feeling about her 

But sure that scene was hit on me too , i am just afraid  going on that road so early but i think there reason why they making her do dark like this ( they prove there reason to what they doing) 

That scene make me wonder her face when she shot , the second that the killer looked at her before  the shot  , the timing  of him was about to talk and her clam not worry shot with that face 

I dont know if she involved but that was for sure make me question about her 

OHJ  will take the biggest  shock if she  had something  about it , even when I start to think he dont trust  her completely and have his doubts too 

@bebebisous33  & @40somethingahjumma

Even if the guy they catch was the really  guy  and killer for all the murders from 5 years ago 

You two right that someone behind  that , something  also hidden in the story 

OHJ  still dont show all he know or suspect  about this story for sure , with each episode  we know there more and OHJ  catch the wind of it but dont talk 

So what that leave us ; 

OHJ know that someone  give the order to kill his girlfriend  before even he find the microphone  , he wasn't guessing  or ticking  the killer to say something, no he was sure about it and just want to know who was that !!!! 

So what OHJ  know or already  guessed 5 years ago , the killer is a really hit man, he crazy and enjoy killing  but his victims was choicing by others 

That the reason the police  keep bury  his story, he was also working for the police  or for some powerful one of them but go out of control  

I smelled so much smoke to be only they stupid  that try to hide one mistake  from 5 years ago that they said the killer  was death , they risking  so much and to hard working in that  to make us question  if there more that the police  afraid  of 

And even if he not a hitman that mean  also OHJ  know that something  was odd about the victims  and choosing  them 

He ask why his girlfriend  was the last one as he know that she was killed cause some list of killing for reason  more then cause she was his weakness  or cause the interview  

OHJ  hidden  so much , I guess he already  know more but dont even trust anyone to share it with 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

Oh yeah just finished ep 6 and now I am so eager to see how OHJ is going to use his profiling skills to save the boy!

And it is touching that CSY yielded to him out of her concern to save a young life.

And I must add OCN really gives LOTS of HD pics after each episode.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

By the way, I was right about the corpse in the appartment. The man was dead

GS must be a real nutcase. Why the need to preserve the body with formalin and leave the the TV on for the corpse. 

As for 'The Guy' being a hitman i find that weird. Hit-man are not serial killers they have a purpose. I say that because he seems to be waving his hand to some music in the background like a psycho.  

• Like 6

Ep 6 Knetz comments

1.    Jang Hyuk, you're crazy. Immersion level at its best. (+44 -1)
2.    It's getting more exciting now that Jang Hyuk is on his feet. (+23 -0)
3.    I always watch Jang Hyuk's drama. They are fun. (+19 -1)
4.    Yes, of course. Jang Hyuk is action. (+16 -1)
5.    I can't believe we're sitting down. As expected from Jang Hyuk. (+15 -0)
6.    As expected, Jang Hyuk ~  He didn't come here just to sit down. Jang Hyuk is action. (+10 -0)
7.    If you are Jang Hyuk, shut up and trust me!! The best immersive actor!! (+3 -0)
8.    Jang Hyuk as expected (+3 -0)
https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/109/0004167174

1.    Jang Hyuk's breathtaking performance really sucked me into the screen shivering (+23 -0)
2.    It's really fun! I'm looking forward to it. (+12 -2)
3.    Jang Hyuk is the best. (+7 -0)
4.    As expected from Jang Hyuk.~~♡♡♡ (+6 -0)
5.    Jang Hyuk's action is real! (+6 -0)
6.    I'm enjoying it~ (+3 -0)
https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/468/0000627219

1.    Choi Soo-young ‘s acting is good. (+23 -1)
2.    I'm enjoying it! (+8 -1)
3.    I enjoyed watching it yesterday. I hope the child is alive. ~~~ (+7 -1)
4.    I can't wait for the weekend! Choi Soo Young was really good at acting. I love you. (+3 -0)
https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/213/0001154128

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 4

The last episode was game changing, keep me screaming :scream::scream:

1- what a surprise , that he wasn’t the vulnerable victim I thought he was  , that he was just someone who was tired of boring waiting :unsure:

ezgif-3-f6cf15f3ed0a.gif

2 - it’s was Wow , to see him in his alter -ego to know ( The guy & his question ) is his main obsession & nothing else matters. He is not analyse serial killer anymore , he’s a master mind that stalk a serial killer to bring out a killer he want to the light . 

ezgif-3-fe533679970b.gif

3 - it’s was scary to see how in a second it’s almost like he had become ( The guy ) . He would be able to kill at will if he wanted to . 

Spoiler

output_33LoEJ.gif

output_lrs3fM.gif

4 -  Poor new detective, she was a game to his plan . She need to be tough cookie, everything important is driven out of his mind ,he only care to catch The guy asking him questions. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

GS must be a real nutcase. Why the need to preserve the body with formalin and leave the the TV on for the corpse. 

As for 'The Guy' being a hitman i find that weird. Hit-man are not serial killers they have a purpose. I say that because he seems to be waving his hand to some music in the background like a psycho.  

What if “The Guy” is a psychopath and also a hit-man? Being a hit-man is a way to make “easy” money for a psychopath right? It kinda make sense that they would take such jobs (he can be a psychopath who enjoy playing sick mind games without necessarily being a “serial killer” himself) 

I agree that the weird hand movement spelled “psycho” eeekkkk (can someone guess what was that sound too? Those whimpering sounds? Was the killer himself making them or was there a victim nearby? :tears:)

They are trying so hard to make us suspect Hwang about Isu’s death and because of that, I will give her the benefit of the doubt. These writers played with me so now I’ll doubt everything they throw at me! Ha!

I suppose OHJ didn’t quite spend 5 years only waiting for the killer, since much of that time must’ve been spent recovering. At first he was probably more worried about tracking the killer but also hiding himself from the world. Had the killer shown up to his place when he was still paralyzed and blind, the outcome would be different (obviously).  

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1