[Drama 2020] Tell Me What You Saw, 본대로 말하라

Prettysup

8 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

Perfect beauty and honey voice lol 

Someone actually said beautiful even with the scar? Well I guess he was pretty lucky to get away with only one scar after that huge explosion.

Meanwhile some BTS pics of our perfect beauty

83879757_1565627810279542_63552077156979

83868634_1565659740276349_11002082800613

83822026_1565628993612757_65622248988470

7 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

BTS of the explosion! I really hope they will release a video.Did you guys also noticed JH bouncing off two cars while he was running towards his fiance's car? Just because it's JH and just because he can :) 

Yes the last sentence is spot-on haha 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

59 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I always have the feeling he's blind 1 eye only.

I didnt think of that good though maybe he really blind in one eyes only 

8 minutes ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

Is this drama following the premise of jdorama "Remote [リモート]"?

Yeh drama and the manga remote 

I did write yesterday  that I think it remind me on something I watched an  read before but I dont remember  what it that 

I read all the manga when I was young 

The heroin character  is not the same at all she has  another back story and character  but the sit story almost  the same  the lose of love one , a famously  detective now leaving  in isolated  in dark and locked life, searching  for the murder  

Sure some different  here about him being blind and in wheelchair  but it really reminds  me of remote  but her it more dark, deep backstory for each character   so it different   

Thanks for telling that I was thinking about it from first episode  that it reminds  me of something 

But I dont think it remake  of it or will follow it they make it so different  from the start 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Looking at the translation of this blog, it seems that Lee Si-won fans are disappointed at her short appearance in the episode, thinking that that would be the extent of her appearance in the show. I hope they are wrong. I think there is no way they would have cast this actress without giving her more scenes. I'm thinking we will be seeing our eccentric profiler falling in love... 

https://lion342.tistory.com/1275

I certainly hope so too.. OHJ is so cold and emotionless, I need to see him showing some affection and love...

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

BTS of the explosion! I really hope they will release a video.Did you guys also noticed JH bouncing off two cars while he was running towards his fiance's car? Just because it's JH and just because he can :)

Of course! Isn't he cool?  He made it look so effortless.  I just love him in action B)

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

24 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

I certainly hope so too.. OHJ is so cold and emotionless, I need to see him showing some affection and love...

Not so cold on ep 2 though. I was already feeling him but the analysis here made me fall in love with him lol 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, nona88 said:

I am just wondering  if OHJ really blind ??  There a few scene when he look like not blind as he looked at his ring in ep 2 and more 

I have my doubts about that , maybe he was blind and recover but still acting as blind to be looked so weak to the killer he maybe suspected  that one of the police  or close one has connected  to the killer ??  

I also wonder about this because yes, they are still showing those moments where it “seems” he can see, at least partially. Maybe he can see shadows and shapes. 

I personally hope he is actually disabled. I agree with someone here who observed that disability is a theme in the drama, given that Sooyoung’s parents had another disability. It is a point of “connection” between the characters (not the only one, of course) Also, she is supposed to be his “eyes and legs”. Removing that, would make that whole aspect pointless imo. 

I also think its more compelling to see him overcome his psychological torment in spite of his physical disability, it’ll be an uplifting message and more impactful than having him fake it. 

On another note, I asked on twitter which is the medicine he was holding on Ep 1 and some people kindly answer that it is Diazepam (used for relief of many conditions ranging from anxiety, muscle spasms, I think also to sleep) 

And can anybody tell what is the equipment he has next to his bed for? 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

Alright I’ve avoided all spoilers and just watched episode 1 with subs :) 

If OHJ is blind why would he installed cctv at his hideout? I don’t think he is blind. 

Am I the only one who thinks that Leader Hwang looks eerie with that make up hahaha!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Just watch the second episode and it definitely is ramping up in excitement level compared to the first!!! 

Like @dramafan33, I loved the analysis some of you gave of the show and of OHJ too. Please keep em coming! 

What I’m loving so far:

1. Oh Hyun Jae and Jang Hyuk of course! Even in his state, he still conveys so much charisma and gravitas. Still fingers crossed he will leave his “factory” LOL and be involved with the outside world somehow! 
2. The underlying healing storyline that I think is what the show is developing.

Spoiler

When she fell from the pipe, Soo Young’s flashback of her mum and then her will to get up again was very emotionally engaging. The song that played when she finally saved the victim is also a potential OST hit I can imagine!

It already has a good hook. And lastly, the bond that Hyun Jae and Soo Young will form, even though they will rarely see each other, I hope we can start seeing a lot more trust and vulnerability shown to each other. It seems like their relationship will be what heals them, or perhaps they will find their own healing through the process of it. 

3. They started making it darker. Significantly more thrilling than the first. But understandably so since the first episode was to set the background story. 

I want to start guessing who the the killer may be, but then again part of me doesn’t want to be hung up on that idea because then I may ruin the surprise for myself and take away the fun. Ah the dilemma haha. Or perhaps it’s just a red herring. Do you guys think that the writers have an inkling that viewers might be guessing someone as a killer? And are purposely leading us on? I wonder if they consider the psychological state of audience when watching the show too haha and intentionally mislead. 

• Like 7

anyone had teary eyes in the scene where SY saves the poor woman , the whole scene when she found the bodies was so intense !!

wow you guys analyze everything ! I love reading them , this is my first time doing this forum thing just because I was so excited about this drama ! and I'm loving it !! the whole cast are ace and the story is soo engaging . 

Have you watched the knowing bros ep with jsy and sy ? it was greattttt 

• Like 7

Watching the second episode it feels like the show is mostly avoiding the usual tropes, tropes that slow down first episodes of this kind of shows- the police team members do show initial doubt in Soo Young, but that is quickly dismissed and they end up listening to her. Usually in other shows, the new comer's opinions are dismissed and only later that would be revealed as a mistake. Also, the team members seem to be extra experienced and intelligent, which allows them to analyse evidence very fast ("Lime stone powder? That's cement!" "there is a cement factory nearby" "lets go!"  all within 5 seconds! :)). I kinda like that because watching these shows you already know the team will eventually grow to trust the new comer, so the usual doubt and dismissal at first feels like a waste of time. This  is why usually the first episodes in these types of shows are boring to me, But not in this case- the pace of the second episode was very fast and to the point. Not a lot of time wasted, making me think we're in for a roller coaster ride with this show! 

As to the complaint about why Oh Hyun was able to communicate with Soo Young while she was underground, when the police team members couldn't- well, the team leader gave Soo Young the black ear bud "just in case", meaning she knew that whatever Oh Hyun's communication technology is, it will work better than that of the police. What technology is it? Who care! It's "movie magic" technology that allowed Oh Hyun to help Soo Young, so we approve of it :) On a side note, I think the underground scene is the one Soo Young spoke about in the press conference for the show. Meaning, while she was acting she wasn't really listening to JH's voice, as he was still filming My country at the time. She said that JH filmed his part of the scene only later, and that seeing him act gave her goose bumps... I understand why...

All in all, I thought the episode was exciting and engaging. The entire cast seems like a lot of fun and looks to have good chemistry. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens next, and what secret is Oh Hyun hiding... :)

• Like 8

9 hours ago, AgnesO said:
On 2/2/2020 at 8:01 PM, Biology Lesson said:

Looking at the translation of this blog, it seems that Lee Si-won fans are disappointed at her short appearance in the episode, thinking that that would be the extent of her appearance in the show. I hope they are wrong. I think there is no way they would have cast this actress without giving her more scenes. I'm thinking we will be seeing our eccentric profiler falling in love... 

https://lion342.tistory.com/1275

SHE going to have more scene for sure i am not sure about shown how they feeling in love 

but they have at some point to show how she get kidnap and what happen between the taxi scene and the accident scene 

i am sure the guy who kill all this people didn't take her random and let her phone on and they found her in that accident in the same day 

i am sure he did have a plan 

but i guess we will see that latter in second half of the drama maybe when  OHJ or team leader or the killer tell CSY the story

9 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

I also wonder about this because yes, they are still showing those moments where it “seems” he can see, at least partially. Maybe he can see shadows and shapes. 

I personally hope he is actually disabled. I agree with someone here who observed that disability is a theme in the drama, given that Sooyoung’s parents had another disability. It is a point of “connection” between the characters (not the only one, of course) Also, she is supposed to be his “eyes and legs”. Removing that, would make that whole aspect pointless imo. 

I also think its more compelling to see him overcome his psychological torment in spite of his physical disability, it’ll be an uplifting message and more impactful than having him fake it. 

On another note, I asked on twitter which is the medicine he was holding on Ep 1 and some people kindly answer that it is Diazepam (used for relief of many conditions ranging from anxiety, muscle spasm

is, I think also to sleep) 

And can anybody tell what is the equipment he has next to his bed for? 

i dont mind stay in a wheelchair and blind till the end he still can have romance too :blush:

i agree his healing  road and him understand that his disability don't  control his life or what he can do is so important here i want that too

having CSY around him a girl who was raised by a poor and mute parent but that didn't stop them or fear them to work hard, having family and proudly taking care of a child , CSY can teach him that she also sadly learn that in hard way to never be a shamed of disability or hide it 

i am just wondering about his blindness since they making it for us to wonder :unamused:

about the equipment there one like in the hospital i dont know it name but it machines that can check heart rate , presses and other things i think he has more problem than what we seeing till now   

6 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Alright I’ve avoided all spoilers and just watched episode 1 with subs :) 

If OHJ is blind why would he installed cctv at his hideout? I don’t think he is blind. 

Am I the only one who thinks that Leader Hwang looks eerie with that make up hahaha!

that my point blind people can have other security CCTV,  there one with moving alarm and without a camera he can know if a mouse moving or human with a scanning camera , analysis body warm , high and weight and taking tech 

i guess or that he really not blind:glasses: or that he has someone watching this CCTV from a far :smirk: or that KDRAMA don''t keep up what tech has the world already found :confused:or someone is lazy to search some security info for blind man:joy: ANY ONE HERE WANT TO Guess which one the right answer ???????????????? i will wait to see that 

3 hours ago, she said:

anyone had teary eyes in the scene where SY saves the poor woman , the whole scene when she found the bodies was so intense !!

wow you guys analyze everything ! I love reading them , this is my first time doing this forum thing just because I was so excited about this drama ! and I'm loving it !! the whole cast are ace and the story is soo engaging . 

Have you watched the knowing bros ep with jsy and sy ? it was greattttt 

that was a great scene and touching for sure 

welcome here:thumbsup: and enjoy we tend to analyze everything and enjoy building so many thoughts and story-lines    but we still keep  having fun watching whatever the drama decide to give us 

so be ready to the fun and  write too as much as you enjoy the drama:heart:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Someone actually said beautiful even with the scar? Well I guess he was pretty lucky to get away with only one scar after that huge explosion.

Is it even possible right? With such huge explosion & he got away from just 1 scar. Oh ok add in the blindness + the crippled legs. That's why I'm a bad audience for such kind of genre. Ok I take it he went for PS.

9 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Not so cold on ep 2 though. I was already feeling him but the analysis here made me fall in love with him lol 

The guilt weighed heavily on him. It must be so terrible to witness a death of his loved ones & caused by his own mistake/arrogance/overconfidence (whatever is suitable).

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, nona88 said:

SHE going to have more scene for sure i am not sure about shown how they feeling in love 

but they have at some point to show how she get kidnap and what happen between the taxi scene and the accident scene 

i am sure the guy who kill all this people didn't take her random and let her phone on and they found her in that accident in the same day 

i am sure he did have a plan 

I was asking myself this too. I hope the drama will unfold the moments ISU got up the taxi and what happened that she was trapped in the taxi. And yes, at this point of time, I could only feel his guilt more than his love for ISU. It would be nice if drama allows us to see lovey moments of them.

• Like 3

On 2/2/2020 at 4:34 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

I dropped this midway through ep.01, as it was hard for me to stand Soo Young. The actress seem to enjoy portraying these bumbling kind of characters.

How she indirectly caused the death of her own mom just doesn't go well with me. Then they try to make her seem redeemable by bein' a police woman (not a good one at that) She tampered with the evidence for goodness sakes.

And sure she has photographic memory so it's ok LoL. Noticed OCN only puts out crime thriller type of shows. Previously were Watcher & Player. I might reconsider picking this up again ( doubt it though) but will see I guess..  

It is established in the show frequently enough that her eidetic memory is her one single gift aside from her earnestness. Also no one really takes her seriously in the force until Team Leader Hwang comes on the scene and sees the potential.
However, the drama itself acknowledges repeatedly that her talent alone can't solve crimes. It's teamwork maximizing everyone's ability to the utmost. She's not some ace or star... in fact, she's very deliberately ordinary compared to OHJ's genius profiler. Her contrast to him is very intentional. She lack confidence and he had too much of it.

It's a pity you didn't get to Episode 2 ;) because it very clearly demonstrated her place in the trio's dynamic. A lot of things happen in Episode 2 that provides a context on how to understand who these people are and where the story is going. If you're interested, my previous post on this thread sheds light on this.

I don't think they are trying to redeem SY per se by her choice to enter policing but to give a reason as to why she became a cop and why even though she's low competent, she is determined. She's not a great cop by any means but her memory makes her a useful member of the team. Whether that's with the RIU or with OHJ. He's not super impressed with her. But he needs her to be his eyes and ears. If there's anyone who might be seeking redemption, it's probably him.

And yes, OCN does primarily crime shows... and generally does them well. I've never watched any of their rom coms. But they are better known as the Only Crime Network. :D

@noor1 I didn't mean that I was expecting this to be a multi-season drama. ;) All I meant was that this show felt like it was another iteration of Voice when SY went into the killer's lair and was led by OHJ. :D Except that the roles are reversed. 

19 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@azureblue7 Yes, I think in one of the synopsis they mentioned that OHJ was extremely arrogant (he seems to always have had a sort of “God complex”) and that arrogance is what provoked the killer. Given that OHJ is so good at analysis he probably already knows this (or like you said, he did it to lure him, which in itself is a daring “arrogant” stunt) and he totally miscalculated the consequences. This probably brings him a great deal of guilt and pain (so strong that it made him numb) I’m also very interested to know how exactly did this incident change him, so far we see that he was and still is arrogant, but this incident must have shaken him. We still haven’t learned enough about his internal process but I think we will. Looking forward to that. 

I feel he is a bit “psycho” himself though (reminds me of Sherlock, the Benedict Cumberbatch version) who was a “functional sociopath” (not saying OHJ is exactly that but...) the way he is using Soo young as a sort of avatar or puppet at this point, indicates a great level of detachment. He is exposed to all these dramatic moments, tragedies, all this stuff he hears on that police radio and it is probably so overwhelming right?, but he feels nothing. Its all facts, clues, cold analysis, no feelings or emotions (he thinks Sooyoung's emotions are a weakness, did he feel this way in the past? Were his own emotions a hindrance at some point? Eh I guess this is a bit of a cliche but Im enjoying the idea of her helping him find his humanity) Also I felt excitement in him when Sooyoung found the bodies, she was terrified but he was excited. That is...chilling. But was he always this way or did the incident make him worse? I hope we get to find out. 

I imagine that his psychopathic persona was really just a facade. Just as his patronizing attitude towards SY masks his own internal turmoil. The fact that he's living out of a dingy abandoned commercial building suggests that he is in hiding from the world and even the culprit. He was a man at the top of his game. In all likelihood, he may have been too overconfident of being able to predict outcomes and fell hard from a great height.

A confident person can go a long way. Projecting your confidence can convince people that you are better than what you are or how you're really feeling. But obviously it isn't enough and no one can factor in all the variables. Whether or not he should have known better than to provoke the killer, it's hard to say. It's the kind of thing that's only obvious on hindsight. Perhaps he really believed the killer would come after him not his loved one. 

I don't think we should forget that he was a successful profiler for much of his career. The confidence did come from somewhere real and it wasn't self-delusion. He did enjoy a good track record of success enough to warrant some level of risk-taking. But as they say, it only takes one mistake to undo all the good in an instant.

At the end of the day, he's only human and he did pay the price for his arrogance. Being blind, staying indoors 24/7 is his imprisonment, his punishment. Self-imposed or otherwise.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 3