[Drama 2020] Tell Me What You Saw, 본대로 말하라

Prettysup

28 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

The thing is, in his Q & A JH said OHJ is blind and can't move. Remember his answer about why his blind acting is not so obvious? It seems, JH was keeping OHJ's secrets so he had to deceive us. But his acting has been consistent and gave us all the clues we needed :)

Have to say I have been really enjoying the game the production has been playing with the audience. Really cool! In addition, any incompetence can be explained away- CSY did something silly? Well, she's not that smart and she's a rooky, so it can be forgiven. OHJ did something we don't understand, like his complete lack of reaction to what he was hearing over the phone? Well, he lacks the ability to differentiate between reality and imagination, so that can be forgiven. Really cool! I'm also loving that OHJ's state has been clarified, Now we know what he has to contend with, and we also know that our arrogant profiler is actually afraid...

Now we know why he does not know to show obvious signs of blindness in his acting haha, and of coz he cannot give away spoilers in the Q&A. But yeah it is great that he had been leaving us clues all along.

18 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

He literally said “Just because I cannot see, it doesn’t mean I don’t know” 

JH has also talked about how he is playing his “blindness”, so no, we can’t blame viewers. At best we can say, production was purposely misleading about what his current condition is. 

Oh I forgot he said that, and I do agree it was done deliberately to mislead viewers. What I meant was it was not said outright, but I guess I was wrong.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Yesterday I tried not to watch without subs and avoided all spoilers and coming to this thread (And that is really sooooo hard!!) But I think I enjoyed the ep so much more after watching it with subs..haha! 

Hide contents

1) I  think the other "man" in the house  where the killer lived was his twin. I have a feeling he may have killed him or made him paralyze. Because when the killer went to the shop to get something, the lady mentioned he looked different and has a different air around him. My guess is she saw the other twin and that twin used to work as a reporter. 

2) I thought OHJ wasn't that unfeeling when he heard his doctor being attacked at the clinic. I thought he frowned and closed his eyes..

3) And I was soooooo excited to know  that he might  be recovering since the medical report was years ago. Not sure why Ha young is looking at it  now?

I think her reading the old report now is to let us know that OHJ's conditions are treatable eg cornea transplant, physiotherapy etc. So as to prepare viewers for the next episode.

And I am glad to see OHY kick some richard simmons soon! Don't really like to see a hero so helpless in front of his enemy hehe..

• Like 6

About the identity of The Guy:

In my opinion, his name is not Lee Bo Kwang. First the picture CSY saw looked different from the picture the detective JM saw. Remember that in the episode 2, he entered the room for conscripted policemen and we saw the name Shin Dong Hwa. And the camera even zoomed the name. I have this theory that the serial killer is not at all registred hence he can take different names. I have the impression that he might have even killed these persons without people noticing it, like f. ex. when they move to a different city or change the job aso. He is a chameleon hence he can assume different identities. Therefore they won't be able to find any fingerprint as he is like a ghost. 

That's why I am more and more convinced that this is related to the accident that killed CSY's mother. There was a boy in the car back then and CSY saw him for real, as his own persona. Back then, he had no fake identity.

From my point of view, the guy in the flat must be dead and it could be true that this man was his twin.

An idea: What if the father had kidnapped his own child and the other was left with the mother? And both became serial killers, although they grew up in different environment. But the actual "Guy" only met his twin brother just before the accident from 5 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 5

24 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

I can only watch it tonight :( 

thank you for hiding those spoilers !

Haha u shouldn’t come here at all if u want to avoid spoilers. Technically spoiler tags are only required for eps that have not been aired in Korea. That’s why I am not coming here tonight until after I watch ep 6 tomorrow after work. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

His medical report said he needed cornea transplant and active physiotherapy. Well since we had already seen his crossing his legs several times while sitting in the wheelchair, I guess it is not really surprising that he is not paralyzed. As for his eyes, maybe he just got a transplant recently hence he is still sensitive to light? And he has never really said he is blind anyway, it is the viewers who drew their own conclusions haha..

And thanks for pointing out the conversation with Dr Ahn, I missed that part, went to rewatch it.

Yes we guessed  right 

That he had been  paralyzed  but recover 

It not that he lie  for 5 years and just keep hidden  and waiting he was in bad and I mean worse conditions  for years 

So the most ge had surgery  and after that also at least year or two  treatment  to be able to stand again 

Surgery  like that dont make you go running  the next day it take time and a lot of working up and treatment  

So the minimum he had  3 years of his life as paralyzed  but he did the surgery  and the recovery  in secret  I doubt  that team leader know that too  

• Like 6

I have a question 

Spoiler

In the episode 6 preview, the strangling scene, I thought the killer came to find him at night. But the strangling scene shows sunlight? (yellowish background). Hope it’s not a dream sequence again that is part of OHJ’s fragmented sense of reality... If it is not real, and he’s just conjuring it up in his mind, then OHJ is seriously broken.

OR - it’s just some yellow lighting that constantly shines from another side of his room? At this point I don’t know, I can’t tell  anymore haha. So many secrets and red herrings to throw us off. Initially we thought he came out from his hideout based on the picture yesterday but it seems his conversation with Doctor Ahn was that screencap and it was a brighter lit room. I guess OHJ has many rooms of different lighting :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, nona88 said:

Yes we guessed  right 

It not that he lie  for 5 years and just keep hidden  and waiting he was in bad and I mean worse conditions  for years 

So the most ge had surgery  and after that also at least year or two  treatment  to be able to stand again 

Surgery  like that dont make you go running  the next day it take time and a lot of working up and treatment  

So the minimum he had  3 years of his life as paralyzed  but he did the surgery  and the recovery  in secret  I doubt  that team leader know that too  

Since Dr Ahn asked him not to relax yet and take it easy, I hope to see him in pain or relapse when he over exert hahaha... I like to see my heroes in pain 

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

I have a question 

Reveal hidden contents

In the episode 6 preview, the strangling scene, I thought the killer came to find him at night. But the strangling scene shows sunlight? (yellowish background). Hope it’s not a dream sequence again that is part of OHJ’s fragmented sense of reality... If it is not real, and he’s just conjuring it up in his mind, then OHJ is seriously broken.

OR - it’s just some yellow lighting that constantly shines from another side of his room? At this point I don’t know, I can’t tell  anymore haha. So many secrets and red herrings to throw us off. Initially we thought he came out from his hideout based on the picture yesterday but it seems his conversation with Doctor Ahn was that screencap and it was a brighter lit room. I guess OHJ has many rooms of different lighting :sweatingbullets:

Sorry can’t answer u since u are asking about Ep 6 which I am avoiding spoilers at the moment 

New pics for ep 6, SPOILER ALERT

Spoiler

OHJ really in a different chair this time 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit your previous post instead! This is the last time I'll merge your posts. Next up is a official warning.
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Since Dr Ahn asked him not to relax yet and take it easy, I hope to see him in pain or relapse when he over exert hahaha... I like to see my heroes in pain 

Hahaha! He will be in pain...did you see the preview? 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

OHJ really in a different chair this time 

And what he holding in his hand is the microphone  that CSY  had 

So maybe she get really angry and leave  that their or maybe it team leader microphone 

Okay I am guessing  but if that true the look in his face in that photo  tell a lot 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

No I didn't, dont tell me !! :ph34r:

Note to mod @Jillia , if I want to quote a new person, how do I edit my previous post to merge them into the same post?  I have been trying to do it but I cannot figure it out.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

49 minutes ago, nona88 said:

And what he holding in his hand is the microphone  that CSY  had 

So maybe she get really angry and leave  that their or maybe it team leader microphone 

Okay I am guessing  but if that true the look in his face in that photo  tell a lot 

Oh yes.. I think so too. She must be upset that she is just a pawn in his plan. I wonder how he will try and win her back into the team. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

37 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Oh yes.. I think so too. She must be upset that she is just a pawn in his plan. I wonder how he will try and win her back into the team. 

Dont worry I guess he has his way 

From the preview  he offered helping her finding her mother killer 

Okay all he need a simple  and honest  apologies but it OHJ  I dont think it simple to him but to try using trick is more easy 

( hope to see him learn to be more social and behave  in CSY  hand in the future  she seemed  the only one who dont hold back to address  his wrong talking and doing )

• Like 4

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

But he looked like he can move :o

3 hours ago, nona88 said:

I also think he had recovered. The medical report that Leader Hwang had was (what again I forgot) eye surgery & physiotherapy? I guess he could see a little like slowly regaining his eyesight & Dr Han probably comes to do physiotherapy too? Only not shown to the audience. I don't think OHJ would allow so many people to walk in & out of his hideout.

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

the guy in the flat must be dead and it could be true that this man was his twin.

I have a feeling probably not dead but paralysed or in coma. Could he be the original killer who killed Isu but also got injured during the explosion. Possible they are twins because the lady at the shop said his face looked different, lady might be referring to the other twin. And I have a feeling that there's still more to it. Imagine at episode 5 we already have the killer, what's the storyline going to be then? Cannot be OHJ so fast kill the killer already. Killer probably managed to escape & this made OHJ & SY work together again to lure him out.

38 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

He won't try to win her back. Probably tell her outright, you want to find your mother's killer, let's work together :blink:

• Like 6

i was a bit surprised that they revealed 'The Guy's' face so soon. I have a feeling that he may not be 'The Guy' and the real one could be that person he was talking to in the living room but doesn't talk back. 

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

From my point of view, the guy in the flat must be dead and it could be true that this man was his twin.

haha how is that possible having a corpse in his living room?

Remember that the woman in the store said he look different, I think this explains the pic of LBK that SY saw is different from the pic that JiMin saw. They could be related may be brothers. The mute guy looks like an invalid probably from that accident/fire 5 yrs ago and his kid brother is using his identity to exact revenge. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

She sounded disappointed in the preview and Hwang sounds mad too. I guess they both feel used and deceived. I want to see some awesome scenes of confrontation (I know this is not a makjang, but he deserves a kimchee slap at the very least) 

@budgerie Dr Ahn does everything for him, he even cooks for him and even trims his hair. And the poor guy only got one “thanks” in 5 years and even lost his finger *sigh*

• Like 3

@imgreatgal @dramafan33 There is a reason why I thought that the man could be dead... First the movie "psycho" from Hitchcock came to my mind. The mother of the psychopath was dead and the man acted as if he was the mother. Then in Voice 2 (K-drama), the serial killer had also the corpse of his mother... and acted as if she was alive. Let us imagine that the man died some time after the car accident from 5 years ago... 

Sure, the man could be alive and in a coma... yet he never touched the man.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

5 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Me too... remember he's not fully recover yet.  Maybe he'll be in pain after that fight with the Guy, haha...

• Like 2