[Drama 2020] Tell Me What You Saw, 본대로 말하라

Prettysup

5 hours ago, Prettysup said:

The vet went to the police station to check how Kang's case was getting along, he was not the one who killed Kang.

They didnt pick the umbrella guy through the camera, it was through CSY's recollection when OHY asked her to think again, so she started from the entrance, and she has not got to the vending machine part yet. 

@Prettysup well, everyone who came to the HQ should've been checked  - I don't know what kind of system South Korea has, but usually high profile / security places have a system where every entrant has to write down his/her name, signature and ID card on entry and carry a pass. And since the key suspect / leash guy was just killed in the interrogation room, everyone's movements should've been cross-referenced, even the officials. That's basic police procedure.

The hooded guy should've stood out - especially when they ARE looking for suspicious / non-officers, and SY and LJM don't think he looks suspicious. In fact more people should have been checking the footage. There were plenty of naively thought-out lazy sequences in this episode, as if the writers/directors are hoping audience don't notice the cliches, slow pace, and nonsense police work. 

This drama's writers / directors are unable to handle multi-dimensional arcs within an episode. They are stretching a one-dimensional idea (a confined injured genius takes help from a rookie to save lives and nab serial killers) over 16 episodes. They don't know what to do with the characters and story beyond what they have already laid out in episode 1. They don't know what to do with Jang Hyuk, SY and the rest of the team, except go through the motions. 

The entire team has been baby sitting SY since day one (even though she saved the girl in washing machine and probably the dog-girl too) but common sense should be there in cop shows or else what's the point of everyone looking this serious and aggrieved when apparently police work / investigation is a joke to writers/ directors of this drama. 

I'm not going to bring up the classic masterpiece ('Signal') for this substandard fare, but even 'Forest of Secrets' was well-planned, had a heart, great individual characters, basic mystery, and a bit of logic. In the gruesome 'Missing Noir M,' we got to know the officers, the crimes, and it all made sense, there was a heart and logic and good investigative work. This drama is relying on viewers brains going for a walk and returning when credits roll.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nona88 said:

Sadly I dont like the PD work from ep 3 and 4 like the first two week

1 hour ago, nona88 said:

It feel so rushed  and dont focus in the emotional part of the character  the moment  they lost Csy and the moments  they found her it could perfect moment  to see emotional  reactions from each character  not even less then the emotional one when they found the victim  in ep 2 

I don't think the PD is a very good PD overall... he's probably great for crime thrillers but not so much in the emotional development portion. That is why there's less focus in this area I suppose. The actors have been stellar and their performances have been so convincing, but if not enough time or opportunity is given for them to show those feelings then there's nothing much they can do within their locus of control I suppose. 

I'm getting annoyed by why there is no free streaming English subbed version of this show! What's taking it so long? Does anyone know where I can find the the English subbed version? I've only watched episode 3 raw. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

I'm getting annoyed by why there is no free streaming English subbed version of this show! What's taking it so long? Does anyone know where I can find the the English subbed version? I've only watched episode 3 raw. 

The subbed version of ep.3 has just been uploaded..

Also- a clip from ep. 4-

OK, this is just stupid... ugh... I guess this next clip is a spoiler...

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, because of the last video posted by @Biology Lesson I couldn't help myself laughing about incompetent the detectives were. Sure, I can understand why they couldn't see the wire but at some point, when the profiler was putting his hands around his throat, a normal reaction would have been to rush to his side, in case he was having some health issues. His reactions were really telling, he was dying because he was chocking...

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Honestly, in the last video posted by @Biology Lesson I couldn't help myself laughing about incompetent the detectives were. Sure, I can understand why they couldn't see the wire but at some point, when the profiler was putting his hands around his throat, a normal reaction would have been to rush to his side, in case he was having some health issues. His reactions were really telling, he was dying because he was chocking...

Exactly. It reminded me of several scenes in Voice in which it was clear something was happening, but because the show wanted someone to die or something bad to happen in order to stretch the main plot, they had their cops suddenly behave like slow incompetent idiots...  Sadly, I didn't laugh seeing this scene, it just made me cringe... I so want this show to do good and be smart! I could think of several other scenarios of a guaranteed death that wouldn't involve our main characters looking like buffoons! The even worse thing here is that OCN released this clip as a highlight...

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Honestly, in the last video posted by @Biology Lesson I couldn't help myself laughing about incompetent the detectives were. Sure, I can understand why they couldn't see the wire but at some point, when the profiler was putting his hands around his throat, a normal reaction would have been to rush to his side, in case he was having some health issues. His reactions were really telling, he was dying because he was chocking...

I totally agree on that  they were there to protect him they know that he maybe get killed not just there by chance so they were surprised 

they were freezing till he was left up and that took them too a few second to react that so was  stupid 

sorry i don't want to be negative but that scene was out of the place maybe if it was fast that he left up more fast but it really looked longer bad point in the pd  and writer sides 

but the fact  they couldn't see the wire i can understand it too  there one that don't have seeing specially in light no matter how close you are like the one they suing in magic trick with light like in the studio you can't see it even if it in front of your eyes 

2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

I don't think the PD is a very good PD overall... he's probably great for crime thrillers but not so much in the emotional development portion. That is why there's less focus in this area I suppose. The actors have been stellar and their performances have been so convincing, but if not enough time or opportunity is given for them to show those feelings then there's nothing much they can do within their locus of control I suppose. 

agree but hope it change it thrilled drama not action one no one say no for acting since it part of police work but not to be the full mean 

in mystery and thrilled the important of scenes , reason , the characters  inner feeling and changes it part of the fun that how you analyse them and try to build an answers and guess like it a really characters that every change of their behave has impact and reasons 

but as i said ep 4 wasn't totally wrong it has it moments too but all i said they could use that scenes in more well way to make us cry or even being so touched  it waste it was a good characters change point events  they have there 

• Like 6

My goodness, ok, I try to be positive but that last clip you guys posted is certainly cringe-worthy. They stretched things too far. Why did everyone stay and watch like that? Ugh! Oh welp! I’m officially turning my brain off. I’ll only watch for JH and expect less than zero logic or anything. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

okay one important things we learn from ep 4 about CSY she had the memory ability and with the same reasons that show  only when she in some conditional that she remember everything and   all that before her mother death 

wow i mean OHJ said it come from childhood trauma that she remember everything when she nervous   like  obsessed distorted

but she had that before her mother accident !!!! ( okay they show that she had something like that in the first Ep when she was going out of school and saw her friend ) but i wasn't sure till this Ep 

so what trauma she had before that ??????????? is there more secret about CSY ????? OHJ said it from desertion trauma so can we think that her deaf parent are not her biology one ??????????  oh it getting interesting now , maybe really everything connected after all  

she maybe was born with photographic memory but cause a trauma it turn to  selected photographic memory 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

The hostility between Chief Choi & Detective Hwang - (for me) could only be 2 reasons. Either they were lovers before & he jilted her or she knew already that he's the bad guy in disguise & is secretly searching for evidence against him. Otherwise how not to work together if there is no grudge between them?

The chap who killed the Vet is the one who went into the interrogation room right? The built looked the same? Pretty sick of looking at OHJ doing nothing but inside that room talking to himself & laughing like Li Gun. I know his script is written this way but it's getting bored for me.

Detective Hwang is one brave person to bring up to the higher authority that it's a "continuous" murder case & allowed to continue to investigate. From here we can see Chief Choi & the Commissioner want to cover up something. So happy to see SY officially joins Detective Hwang team. But what's her rank that the police has to salute to her? Just like that be Officer rank already?

One thing that I don't understand is, the police station or wherever the autopsy takes place, Chief Choi can just walk in? Isn't this "restricted" area that no one can go in unless with the forensic pathologist presence? I'm getting interested about the spec guy who used to be in same team as Detective Hwang & OHJ. Is he good or is he bad? Would he be the next one to be killed? I think there are 2 killers. 1 is the one in the interrogation room & another one the hooded buy. Their built is different.

(I'm half way through ep 4) so I shall come back later. JH doesn't seemed like the lead actor here. Up to this point of time at least. Detective Hwang & SY & the rest seemed more interesting than him.

• Like 4

@budgerie I actually feel the opposite. OHJ is the character I want to see the most (might be my JH bias but honestly there’s other characters of his I gave up on earlier) OHJs dialogues with Sooyoung are still the moments that make me pay attention. I hang on to every one of his words (I could do without the laugh though) I certainly want/need more of him for me to care about this drama

Sooyoung, they focus on her and I like her, but we need a bit of balance maybe, however, I still like her character and I don’t get bored with her, I liked the moment she was made an officer and the cops being sweet to her. I worry about her dad. 

I have not been able to warm up to team leader Hwang no matter how I tried or how cool and attractive I find her, the other cops are blah to me, except RSS made me laugh a little when he threw some shade at the rival prosecutor 

I find myself not caring at all about the killer or killers and thats a problem cause this drama is focusing so much on that ugh (I knew it though) Vet killer was at least somewhat creepy. Candy killer looks like a flower boy and Im tired of glamorized killers like those :/

• Like 6

okay from preview of ep 5 

the killer break into CSY room and saw her family picture 

and he interest in her now

OHJ saying that she maybe be the killer next target 

i have to different  and crazy  reaction to this preview 

the rom-com  reaction : it danger to stay alone or live in that non security apartment now so just make her move on into OHJ half called house for security reason for sure  he has  a good one :joy: let have more scenes of this two , or even more scenes of OHJ ( he the lead man here as much as i know who has less scenes  then others)  and why not?? let have some romance too :heart: it not bad things that the crazy killer after CSY after all :thumbsup:

the thrilled and mystery reacting :  all what above is a 5 years old  fairy tale dream forget about it :unamused:  the killer will kill or CSY father or her brother like police friend i know they shown this three together so sweet  to give me tears latter :bawling:  and why not she will keep living in the same apartment without any change since it the logic thing to do after known that killer has being going on and out so easy and he after her ( the logic of kdrama :skull:)

so what mood i have now  :weary::triumph:  just accept that my mind  it less painful please  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@budgerie I actually feel the opposite. OHJ is the character I want to see the most (might be my JH bias but honestly there’s other characters of his I gave up on earlier) OHJs dialogues with Sooyoung are still the moments that make me pay attention. I hang on to every one of his words (I could do without the laugh though) I certainly want/need more of him for me to care about this drama

I know what you mean. Me too, JH bias but so his role as a genius profiler doesn't sit very well with me. 4 episodes & we're not any faster in pace. He's still sitting there talking to himself, giving promptings to SY or talking to Detective Hwang in 1 or 2 sentences. I honestly don't know what does a profiler do so maybe I'm expecting too much of his role?

I have not been able to warm up to team leader Hwang no matter how I tried or how cool and attractive I find her, the other cops are blah to me, except RSS made me laugh a little when he threw some shade at the rival prosecutor 

I'm actually warming up to the other cops, Team Leader Hwang included. I actually find this drama (no logic sometimes) more interesting than WOL. At least I haven't fast forwarded.

I find myself not caring at all about the killer or killers and thats a problem cause this drama is focusing so much on that ugh (I knew it though) Vet killer was at least somewhat creepy. Candy killer looks like a flower boy and Im tired of glamorized killers like those :/

Ya, in this aspect, I'm getting confused. It seemed to me the one at the Interrogation Room is 1 killer & the killer of OHJ fiancee is another killer, if I based on the body built. Yet in ep 4 (which I'm half way through because reading chinese subtitle is time consuming), there was a scene at the bookstore which the spectacle guy was signing books, a guy appeared & spoke to him about "the agreement" & the spectacle guy pretended not to know about the agreement. The "agreement" is if "that guy" is still alive, the spectacle guy has to die. The face of the speaker wasn't shown to the audience but the SMILE of was shown & is the same SMILE as the one who went in to the Interrogation Room. That guy seemed tall. Could the handsome police be 1 of the killer since he's tall too?

• Like 2

okay i'm not going to be a spoil spot and go into every incompetence of the police or rather what the writer have made them in this drama because it just not going to be fun for me. However i do cringe at the fact that they let the body of JunSeok hanging there while the forensic's team were doing their job. 

@bebebisous33 i was thinking about your theory earlier on. There may be a connection between the boy in the car (SY's mom's accident) and the killer/'The Guy'. After ep4 we get to know more about 'The Guy''s character/profile. Looking at his desk, he is someone neat and tidy and takes pride in his work, hence he doesn't take it too kindly when KSH tried to take credit for the murders. He thinks he is good at his game and is thrilled at not being caught thus far henced he killed ChanKu because CK saw his face and he only thinks of OHJ as his challenger that is why is trying to lure him out of hiding and wants to challenge OHJ to catch him.  What i wanted to say is that the boy/the driver in the car got away with killing SY's mom. He probably got excited and thrilled at getting away with murder.  I re-watch that scene and the boy looks SY's age while the driver is older and could be his brother. I also believe that they have a connection to someone higher up in the police force that was why the case was closed without further investigation by the detective. Anyway that is just my theory. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

9 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

okay i'm not going to be a spoil spot and go into every incompetence of the police or rather what the writer have made them in this drama because it just not going to be fun for me. However i do cringe at the fact that they let the body of JunSeok hanging there while the forensic's team were doing their job. 

The spectacle guy right? Yes he just hung there while the forensic is taking photos. And while he was choking to death, everyone just looked. Nobody rushed there.

9 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

i was thinking about your theory earlier on. There may be a connection between the boy in the car (SY's mom's accident) and the killer/'The Guy'. After ep4 we get to know more about 'The Guy''s character/profile. Looking at his desk, he is someone neat and tidy and takes pride in his work, hence he doesn't take it too kindly when KSH tried to take credit for the murders. He thinks he is good at his game and is thrilled at not being caught thus far henced he killed ChanKu because CK saw his face and he only thinks of OHJ as his challenger that is why is trying to lure him out of hiding and wants to challenge OHJ to catch him.  What i wanted to say is that the boy/the driver in the car got away with killing SY's mom. He probably got excited and thrilled at getting away with murder.  I re-watch that scene and the boy looks SY's age while the driver is older and could be his brother. I also believe that they have a connection to someone higher up in the police force that was why the case was closed without further investigation by the detective. Anyway that is just my theory. 

OHJ now knows that the killer is on a killing spree to lure OHJ out. He will not stop killing until OHJ appears. OHJ himself said that "he has finally appeared" so the killer who killed OHJ fiancee is this tall handsome neat chap. And he probably gets the help from police officer JM & Chief Choi else how could he enter the Interrogation Room?

• Like 4

Wow.... when OHJ was walking SY through her memory of the two killers: KSH, JCG... I thought I was watching a Korean adaptation of the X-Men. Charles Xavier mentoring and training a young Jean Gray. The wheelchair gives some credence to that image. Fascinating moment. It appears that he understands her potential to plumb the depths and we've only scratched the tip of the iceberg of what she's capable of.

So yeah... this drama seems to be following the template of a superhero origins story. SY has been born with an extraordinary ability but she doesn't really know how to maximize its use. It's never been nurtured and harnessed properly until now. And OHJ is just the man to do it. He has the brains and the experience. In her he has a willing apprentice and collaborator. They complement each other in intriguing ways. What one lacks the other is able to step in and take over. I love the idea and I want to see more.

It was pretty asinine of Chief Choi to try and cover the crime up. Na Jun Seok who should have known better, aided and abetted it to his doom. Can't say I'm sorry that he's gone on some level but being garotted on live television is pretty gruesome stuff. It's the stuff of nightmares for those unfortunate enough to have witnessed it first-hand.

Even before OHJ said so, I was certain that The Guy would continue killing so in my mind covering up was always an awful case of short term thinking. Maybe Chief Choi has no notion of how serial killers operate. But he should have learnt from 5 years ago that this particular serial killer likes to show off his superiority. Covering it up only triggered him. No doubt that having to conclude that The Guy is still walking the streets of Seoul after JCG's death is a public relations nightmare but a murder on live tv has got to be a much bigger political fiasco. And then the effort to silence TL Hwang in the briefing... yeah... 

It does beg the question however as to what The Guy was doing the past 5 years. Did he go off the grid for some reason? We're told that his hunger to kill needs to be satiated so where was he during this period? Does the timing itself signal something else?

I wonder also about the role played by Kang Dong-shik. Why does he show up in Seoul? Is it purely that he cares about SY? We have to wonder.

Ji-min seems to be under some kind of duress to report things to the chief. It's clear he's not a willing snitch. I wonder what it is that the chief has on him. Or what kind of bargain he's entangled himself in. This is an OCN drama so I don't expect romance but I have wondered more than once the last few episodes if he isn't just a little bit interested in SY. ;)

It will only be a matter of time when the three partners in crime bring attention to themselves. I'd be surprised if it didn't. But it is happening a lot faster than expected. At least the RIU Team 1 is not entirely devoid of brain power.

Entertaining show...

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

Hm..Not sure how I'm feeling after watching ep 4.  It doesn't make me want to drop it, but I'm not that excited either.  

I do feel like there are two serial killers because mouth shots seem different beside the body builds.

Also, what SY's police friend said about his dream is to be ordinary and hiding in plain sight is kind of unsettling.

• Like 6