[Drama 2020] Tell Me What You Saw, 본대로 말하라

Prettysup

Just started this drama, but if I'm honest, it has me rolling my eyes at a few scenes. It's enjoyable, but extremely frustrating at the same time. 

Spoiler

In ep 4, all those police officers onset because they knew the "mint" killer may strike just stood there and did noting as the famous profiler, clearly in distress, seemed to be shocking or something...just stood there. To be honest, that scene had me stopping stopping the video in frustration.  I love, love, love shows that delve into forensics--especially real cases. No profiler would ignore he was being stalked, because as profilers they can almost predict how serial killers will react. Also, the reactions of the policer officers was so unrealistic--they were focused on catching the culprit than helping the man in front of them. In some scenes it's the opposite--help the obvious okay person as they killer gets away.

Most people having witnessed such a horrible death would be shaken, even seasoned police officers.....not these police officers; however, they scream at the site of a hand sticking out of a suitcase.

I just got through watching Mind Hunters on Netflix, based on true cases -- I read all the books on the cases and love the realism they gave to the people involved in those cases---they could have cut back on the sex scenes....definitely not necessary. I wish this drama had a little more of that realism...not over the top, but more realistic....give the police officers/detectives more credit for being smart---not have all of them turn their head one way and the criminal gets away.

Okay, enough of my venting. I'll give it a pause for a day and come back. I want to see if I'm right about the person who killed her mother.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@nona88 You nailed it! But can you maybe hide spoilers for those who haven’t watched the episode yet? 

Sorry I just read your post no I was tired so i want to sleep after posting 

Next time I will do that 

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Just watched the episode raw, and watching it that way allowed me to enjoy the visuals and sounds- and I must say- I'm loving the filmography and music. 

@nona88 I'm joining @dramafan33's request- next time, can you put such a post under spoilers? At least until there are subs for maybe a day or two...

Okay sure :thumbsup:

Sorry again I just forget this time 

And everyone here the new ost 

I am liking it so much

:heart:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The scene when the three talk about what is the truth and what we see

Spoiler

I guess it important  scene and it will be use to the future  too 

1. The scene was important  as the team leader  and OHJ teaching  CSY  how the world really is , and how they see it ( they not wrong or what they said really what detective  need , but what was not right is the reason behind it from OHJ view) 

2. But what importing how CSY view of them too, not of the world  but how she responds  to this lesson  when she looked sad as she understand  how hard and not pretty  to see it all the time ( she looked rather sad )

3. How CSY naive  question isn't  naive at all,  but open important question of life, when OHJ said to see what people's  really want and she asked " then what ? Or as for what use " and OHJ looked at her a little suprised  and telling her in isn't it obviously manner: " then you can see/ know  everything "

I am thinking that someday CSY can finish  this conversation  since it isnt over or it isnt obvious  as OHJ suggest

To see everything, to know everything and to be able to see behind people mask and hidden layers seem to OHJ as daily  life manner and you should be able to do it all the time, that mean   keeping reading people deep in all your life sides 

From this little conversation  you can see OHJ life style  and  from CSY sad reaction and how she looked at him before going

it have the only thing that OHJ  cant see and is what the really mean to do that? or why you do that ?? And how hard and lonely you become seeing it all??

" to see all of it , to know everything, to go into the deep human world "

It isn't  obviously thing and it not daily manner and it not something that okay as eating every day habit as it look what it is to  OHJ , it maybe making him great profiler  but what that making him as human and he clearly  don't see the line between work life and normal life style  

Someday I want  CSY  to teach him a lesson  too it dont have to directly connected  to this conversation but sure he need one , to learn that there  should be reasons, lines , affect and damage to everything and that there also  a breath space  when you put all your mind on a box and be normal human being 

Keep what I think from this scene out   what i felt even watching it without sub was sadness the way OHJ talked I didn't see how Great  and right his words was ( and it is right) but all I saw and felt was sadness how this man really living the life ? How this man really connection  to the world? How this man see human being around him ? 

I Know it before, but even so  it different feeling when seeing him talking about it

" to know everything" that sad way of life so we already saw what happen when he don't know or failed to read it he dont take it in it happen  sometime  manner 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 5

But one thing I dont understand  what so important  to show us now that the chief know that the guy didnt die 5 years ago and they faked his death?? We know it already  , OHJ  know already that and know that  they even try to hid his coming back evidence  so they keep doing the crime till now 

so what is important  now???

Unless  there more about that, more then just faking his death and they did make some deal with him or how they will be sure he will not go back killing soon  after announce  his death and not after 5 years and destroy  all their futures since they cant say copy cat if he back immediately ( it to risky  if they weren't sure ) 

I mean  it something to not be sure  about it but  said he death and take the risk and it something  also that they know he  run  for sure and they fake evidence  that he death it mean they was sure he will keep hidden  and that not a sure thing  with psychopath  without deal

And is it me only who see that the number  that gang leader said to OHJ is 4789 and the license  of the car that CSY  looking for is 5897 I mean the last three numbers  the same but in different  order is that going somewhere  like the same number that mean something or that it reading different for some purpose  

Okay that calling for our @bebebisous33 dear it your playground  here what you think ?  And sure I will accept  thankfully  any help from anyone  on that matter or someone tell me stop being overthinking 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 5

I watched with subs and yes, I definitely always enjoy it more (obviously lol! But I can’t stop myself watching raw)

Spoiler

I guess the episode had some emotional punch, I felt for the killer who was also the victim

I need to set my expectations right, this drama won’t focus on OHJ and SY psychology but at least they are not “forgotten”, the cases always link back to the main plot which centers around them and their quest. And there’s always some message the detectives learn, so I guess I accept this is the format. 

So I just have to be patient and in the meantime be entertained with the different “cases” they throw at us. This one wasn’t as bad as I thought when I watched it raw. 

Seeing OHJ and SY investigating together is fun, ok, this might not be a super sophisticated detective drama but it is enjoyable, feels like the times I used to accompany my brother while he played video games. He’d be OHJ and I’d be the seemingly clueless but helpful SY. I never “played” myself cause I was too clumsy lol but I helped him think when he had to solve riddles. 

My favorite scene acting wise was the same we saw as the epilogue on ep 8. JH and the senior actor who played Tae sik were very commanding. I love how JHs pupils can turn so black like, his eyes so round, reminds me of my cat when he pretends to see “ghosts” and scares the s...out of me. 

The preview

Does it mention that OHJ went off the grid? Awesome lol. Him being on the team didn’t last long :P Also, I think he will focus on a case to help someone, meaning, he is caring more about strangers, yes! His cold heart is beginning to melt :D

• Like 6

What did Choi Young Pil did to deserve the promotion to Senior Supt.  All he did was covering up his mistake and bullying his underling JiMin into spying the RIU. 

Where is the peppermint killer? the past two cases is not connected to him. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

What did Choi Young Pil did to deserve the promotion to Senior Supt.  All he did was covering up his mistake and bullying his underling JiMin into spying the RIU. 

Where is the peppermint killer? the past two cases is not connected to him. 

Coz his unit solved a few high profile cases and he got the credit. 

For Peppermint, we got a “4789” clue about him in ep 9.

• Like 7

@nona88 To me, 4789 is referring to a person, the man we saw at the end. The man became crazy because of the number and keeps writing it everywhere. Maybe I am wrong but the man could be the fall guy second chef Choi mentioned over the phone. Actually, it would really fit the profile for Choi's crime as he doesn't care for people. He keeps talking about organization revealing that for him, individuals are nothing, just numbers.

This reminds me of Holocaust where Jews were robbed of their identities and were given numbers in form of tattoos. That way it was easier to kill people, they were all dehumanized.

Then we discover why the "rat" is working for Choi... the latter covered up for him.  Could JM be related to the death of CSY's mother indirectly? This would explain why Choi chose him in the first place and the latter has no idea because he was too young.  

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

@bebebisous33 I think we need to wait to see it 

I hope we have some new hints today  

but making number of people  that new Idea 

That will be going  more crazy  with each episode  

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

New stills for tonight

Dear is that only me seeing it or that OHJ  beard  looked more growing in the second picture  

Is that just the photo who making it look like this or is that mean that OHJ will despair  for more  then one day ?? 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, nona88 said:

Dear is that only me seeing it or that OHJ  beard  looked more growing in the second picture  

Is that just the photo who making it look like this or is that mean that OHJ will despair  for more  then one day ?? 

Oh I didn’t notice it until u mentioned it, it really does look longer 

• Like 5