[Drama 2020] Tell Me What You Saw, 본대로 말하라

Prettysup

he still set in the wheelchair whatever  he in his house it like a habit  from the time he was still cant walk or  it more emotional attachment  to that time as he doesn't  feel like recovering and it make him more comfortable setting on it 

It like setting  on it and hearing  his fiancee  music  become part of his comfortable routine when he under emotional pressure.

Or it like a reminder  of what happen so he would never forgive his rage, 

I dont know yet for sure but it has so much meaning  

But guilt is the mean reason here , the flashbacks with his fiancee  was great we did know she was one special lady, look like she was his emotional balance  and losing it making him losing that too so is he trying to find that balance again in CSY  ( not just the romance side, even without romance  he realizing the difference she making him feel and see ) 

That explains  the curiosity  in his eyes in ep 7 when he was talking  with CSY  in the house 

As I wrote before it not curious  of something  he was feeling before and lost it just 5 years ago it something  he never felt

So what he was missing  and lost 5 years ago is it  the short period  of his life when he could see things  differently thanks  to his fiancee  eyes, different view and feeling ??? 

He want to see that again,  that what he curious about, how she see it and that why he need her to talk to him as he asking for  explaining what she see and feel 

I think again that the connection happened  in the scene of ep 2 ,  when he realized what kind of person CSY  is and when he realized she can make him feel and see emotional from her view 

I am talking here without any romantic side of the view just a human profiling  to OHJ  situation that I feel and see now if it going to be romantic or not it just my wish but that I dont let that affect  his character understanding that more important  here 

@Biology Lesson

thanks for sharing the sub of that scene I understand  most of it without  sub ad much as it was emotional  I just remember  every words  he said even in Korean that why I said he was talking  to himself  

I agree with your post and Jane  view  so much for that scene it was one to remember  scene 

And again his talking secen with the woman was emotional  one about letting go and living well for the the lover one to rest in peace  yeh he was talking to himself  he know that his  fiancee will suffered  if she watching  him still in suffer 

P.s. that doesn't mean i am giving up the ship it fun  I cant give up but rational speaking  I had to let it a side for this view of his character 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

how oppa turn to the hero :joy:

Hihi I think that is oppa's official role now.  They must be answering who's ever complaint before why she never has extra training etc. and it's because oppa is there to be the bodyguard.  As we see again in ep. 9 she's in danger once again....

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Okay now I really need to see OHJ backstory, his family background, his teenage day  and everything's  not just how he was as detective  or person before the accident 

Really the man making gangsters  shaking  in fear, he making them work for him and they scary  only from one look of him  which  mean so much in crime world that not just fear of strong detective 

mind power, logic and profile way of solving crime , fighting skill's and dealing with underground information that mix

between two different kind of cops 

Who in the hell OHJ  is ?? really  now I am asking who is OHJ ? 

p.s. and who was his fiancee ? she was like a daughter for the police commissioner and that was not even known to anyone really even after what happen to her  ?? what she was involved in?? here when i say i don't believe in Coincidence that big net of secret had to be connected 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

“Tell Me What You Saw” + “Beautiful Love Wonderful Life” Both Achieve Their Highest Ratings Yet

OCN’s “Tell Me What You Saw” and KBS’s “Beautiful Love Wonderful Life” are soaring to new heights!

On February 23, both dramas hit their highest viewership ratings to date. According to Nielsen Korea, “Tell Me What You Saw” scored an average nationwide rating of 3.7 percent and a peak of 4 percent for its latest episode, marking a new personal record for the mystery thriller.

“Tell Me What You Saw” also performed well with younger viewers, taking first place in its time slot across all cable channels among the key demographic of viewers ages 25 to 49 (with whom it scored an average rating of 2.7 percent and a peak of 3.0 percent).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1384627wpp/tell-me-what-you-saw-beautiful-love-wonderful-life-both-achieve-their-highest-ratings-yet

• Like 7

2 hours ago, nona88 said:

Okay now I really need to see OHJ backstory, his family background, his teenage day  and everything's  not just how he was as detective  or person before the accident 

Really the man making gangsters  shaking  in fear, he making them work for him and they scary  only from one look of him  which  mean so much in crime world that not just fear of strong detective 

mind power, logic and profile way of solving crime , fighting skill's and dealing with underground information that mix

between two different kind of cops 

Who in the hell OHJ  is ?? really  now I am asking who is OHJ ? 

p.s. and who was his fiancee ? she was like a daughter for the police commissioner and that was not even known to anyone really even after what happen to her  ?? what she was involved in?? here when i say i don't believe in Coincidence that big net of secret had to be connected 

Consider the boss guy say he's the second type of friend and OHJ taught him how to be careful.  I imagine maybe he was undercover at one point and that's how he instill fear in the gangsters side.

As far as his fiancee goes.  I would say maybe the secret was around her father's death and she had a clue therefore she had to go too.  Like you say nothing is a coincidence.

• Like 7

16 hours ago, noor1 said:

Okay guys I am dropping this one. Jang Hyuk's hair is not enough to hold my attention (the hair btw has started looking like a plumped up wig / one with too many hair plugs). 

I liked a comment on newasiantv (by ''allucard hellsing"): 

"They enter crime scenes without gloves, touch evidence without gloves, leave their office open while having sensitive files, 2 serial killers entered the investigation departments as easy as drinking tap water, the "photographic memory" girl almost got killed 2 times or more, a victim got killed under their watch while they watch him how is he taking his last breath. The logic of this drama is **** up! How are they the private investigation of Korea! Yes, it is just drama, but come on, you can write better than this!"

And add the incredibly slow pace, predictable dialogues, with zero emotional hook, one-dimensional characters and their whiny, robotic faces, as if their pain is greater than the constant death and victims they investigate, I'd rather watch paint dry. 

I'm sure we'll cross paths on some other show's thread! 

Welcome to the club !

I dropped it after 3 eps. I don't like my favourite actors getting wasted in a drama. :mellow:  But I'll watch only JH's clip later.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Ep 8 answered many nagging questions pending (that I still asked myself lol)  one of them, who facilitated for that high security fortress/hideout OHJ lives in? It turns out our man has his own powerful connections. It feels satisfying when some potential loopholes get addressed. This drama is not perfect but it definitely feels like the writer is not “careless”. 

@Biology Lesson The actress who played the mom is really good. When she finally accepted her child is gone and she cried so painfully, I choked up. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

is it only me or the witness  that everyone after  him look more suspicious then anyone here 

That scene with the painting  he looked like a psycho to me 

The fact that in the gangster  there is painting  too  and smiler  to the dark painting   in the place he hide 

The way I think the gang leader trying to find him to protect  him not to harm him , that why he wasting  time to stop the police  from catching  him 

I dont know maybe I am reading into it so much but here a wild guess

dont tell me that the witness is  the killer and he has delusion about the man with the mask 

and that he the son or someone close to the gang leader to go that far trying to protect him

19 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Ep 8 answered many nagging questions pending (that I still asked myself lol)  one of them, who facilitated for that high security fortress/hideout OHJ lives in? It turns out our man has his own powerful connections. It feels satisfying when some potential loopholes get addressed. This drama is not perfect but it definitely feels like the writer is not “careless”. 

Yeh it answer a lot it one of the safe houses that the police had that mean it has to be secured  and super secrets  

And it explains  the way he could hear police  conversations too someone allowed  him to that 

But still he had to recover  for 5 years and he had high tech  microphone so we still don't know  all about 

But I like that the writer  proving that nothing is lost is just we have to wait to see the answers 

1 hour ago, phoenix24 said:

Consider the boss guy say he's the second type of friend and OHJ taught him how to be careful.  I imagine maybe he was undercover at one point and that's how he instill fear in the gangsters side.

As far as his fiancee goes.  I would say maybe the secret was around her father's death and she had a clue therefore she had to go too.  Like you say nothing is a coincidence.

Maybe but I think there more 

About the fiancee  I agree her death has something to do with her more then OHJ  

Your theory about her father death so interesting like it :heart:

but the police  commissioner  who help OHJ is more suspicious to me now , I mean even when he had no lead and OHJ was in bad health  situation  he just with all his power watched the police  close her murder  and cover up and didnt even react  to that??? I mean there few days before  clamming  down and think logical when he was supposed  to be sad and heartbroken  for a daughter  like death and he set still and silent  to the point no one know his connected to her ??

No emotional  reaction  at all that make someone  notice his connected  to her 

Really just helping OHJ later  waiting for him to recover  for 5 years ( I dont pay  it something odd here with him) 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, nona88 said:

is it only me or the witness  that everyone after  him look more suspicious then anyone here 

That scene with the painting  he looked like a psycho to me 

The fact that in the gangster  there is painting  too  and smiler  to the dark painting   in the place he hide 

The way I think the gang leader trying to find him to protect  him not to harm him , that why he wasting  time to stop the police  from catching  him 

One question, when the witness was hiding from his pursuers inside a room, there was a scene which he was wiping the paints on a painting. Why did he do that?

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, nona88 said:

but the police  commissioner  who help OHJ is more suspicious to me now , I mean even when he had no lead and OHJ was in bad health  situation  he just with all his power watched the police  close her murder  and cover up and didnt even react  to that??? I mean there few days before  clamming  down and think logical when he was supposed  to be sad and heartbroken  for a daughter  like death and he set still and silent  to the point no one know his connected to her ??

No emotional  reaction  at all that make someone  notice his connected  to her 

Really just helping OHJ later  waiting for him to recover  for 5 years ( I dont pay  it something odd here with him) 

It did cross my mind as a possibility that commissioner could be bad guy.  Yea, it would be suspicious if he only help him later, but there's also a possibility that maybe it was a part of the plan.  OHJ doesn't seem to be harboring any ill feelings toward him.  If we question it, I'm sure he would too being the genius that he is. Maybe it's too soon or drama tend to leave things out.  However, a lot of stuff is reveal later so I will hold out judgment on that for now.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

40 minutes ago, calledtoteach said:

My radar started going off about the female cop who looks like a man.  I wonder if she was jealous of IS’s relationship and had her killed—whether she had a thing for IS or OHJ.

U referring to team leader Hwang? I have seen some ppl commenting that we have a male lead who looks like a woman and a female lead who looks like a man lol...

Meanwhile a sleeping beauty pic here

87387460_1585193764989613_61305524375991

• Like 3
  • Love 7

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

U referring to team leader Hwang? I have seen some ppl commenting that we have a male lead who looks like a woman and a female lead who looks like a man lol...

Meanwhile a sleeping beauty pic here

JH will never look like a woman, at least to me.

his facial features are so masculine! 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

‘Tell Me What You Saw’ Episode 8 Knetz comments :

1.    The epilogue and the preview left me in greater anticipation. What happened 5 years ago that fiancée had to be sacrificed? From that subtle look of confusion and surprise at the mysterious riddle, "Ah, it has to be Jang Hyuk!" (+20 -1)

2.    Although I need to go to work the next day but I always watch this. Soo-young’s acting is better than I expected, and above all, I trust and watch Jang Hyuk! I'm looking forward to next week. (+13 -0)

3.    Jang Hyuk’s eyes are going to suck you in. (+13 -1)

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/109/0004171069

1.    The weight of the drama changed once Jang Hyuk returned to the Mucheon Metropolitan police agency. The density has increased. (+2 -0)

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/109/0004171086

1.    The gaze of Jang Hyuk, it looks as if he is going to swallow Ha Tae-sik. Amazing (+5 -0)

2.    Tell me what you saw, I support you. It must be hard to film these days. Fighting! (+4 -0)

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/109/0004171107

1.    Jang Hyuk's eye acting was the best. (+7 -0)

2.    I'm getting more and more hooked on K-dramas’ criminal profiling. Jang Hyuk's cool eyes and clear metabolic tone overwhelm the atmosphere. (+5 -0)

3.    The face-to-face confrontation scene of Jang Hyuk and Joo Jin-mo shows the immersion of the two actors. (+4 -0)

4.    Ha Tae-sik is the best... sly. (+1 -0)

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/015/0004295299

1.    Once the incident five years ago was mentioned, Jang Hyuk’s gaze suddenly changed. Looking forward to what kind of psychological warfare he is going to stage to get the truth out from Joo Jin-mo. (+2 -0)

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/117/0003336536

12 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

JH will never look like a woman, at least to me.

his facial features are so masculine! 

I guess they meant the hair haha

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2