[Drama 2020] Tell Me What You Saw, 본대로 말하라

Prettysup

I have to ask how long creepy  chief and the other in police think they can hide the fact that the killer is alive 

Really they still want to bury that , probably   want to kill him more then arrested  him a live to say he not the same one only a copy cat 

Even when they saw how much he can go far to kill one of them on air cause he angry they  trying to keep him death 

They still want to bury  the true !!  They still denying  it , they know it him if they sure it was a copy  cat they wouldn't  hide evidence they hide it cause they know it properly  him 

They will probably  even say that the one who attacked OHJ in his house is not the  same killer but another crazy one , I wouldn't be suprised  that they will try to bury it again tomorrow and  even blam OHJ and team leader 

I would say that not logic it just drama but no that really happen even in really life I saw many dramas from so much countries and there stories that  based on real stories and yeh the ego , protection  themselves  is more important  then protection the victims  

They supposed  to be police  that protect  others but for them it job  to have power and money they the really psychopath for me , they the one who created ones , I wouldn't be surprised that even this killer was made as one of their many mistakes from the past that they hide and bury just like what happened  with CSY mother and they will never stop or learn  

12 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Did you guys watch episode 5 without subs? I did and there’s something that happened that made me really disappointed :pensive: Spoiler alert

Reveal hidden contents

Why did they kill Dr Ahn like that? Why did OHJ allow it? Is OHJ also a psychopath? 

Dear I watched  without sub  

But from what I understand  CSY was the closed  to the doctor  when she said where she was to OHJ  he know that it close to the doctor and he after him 

He called him and tell him to run and that the killer after him and he probably  told CSY  and team leader to go there 

But when he was on phone  with him he get killed 

You asked why he didnt help like calling for police  to help he did tell the closed  police  CSY and team leader , csy was the closed but even so it was late  she didnt make it in time  too 

The only thing  that OHJ  guilty  about that he know that after the killer killed  the doctor it was to come to his house he stop taking to CSY cause he wanted to face the killer himself  

• Like 4

First, I'm curious to know the animosity between Chief Choi & Leader Hwang.

So now SY can walk in to OHJ apartment by herself already. No need to press the door bell. :D But why did OHJ dismiss her suddenly (with the excuse that she is no longer useful)? Is it to protect her since he knows the killer is looking for him? He knows that the killer is looking at them (Leader Hwang & SY).

Leader Hwang told SY that after the explosion, everything changed for her/OHJ. But what changed? The audience doesn't know. Leader said as though she's living in hell & the killer is "looking" at them.

Isu called Leader Hwang as sister. Are they real sisters? But based on Leader Hwang conversation with the taxi driver, doesn't sound like real sister. Isu said sister gave her the best present (I assume is OHJ) & she also said she treasured sister alot.:D

So now Chief Choi orders the handsome police to secretly investigate Leader Hwang & SY because he feels there's someone behind Leader Hwang. I hope the handsome police man doesn't betray Leader Hwang & SY. But for a policewoman, SY isn't very alert (hahaha). (half way thru ep 5)...

(Continue)

This drama is quite "entertaining" that the killer can just go anywhere undetected. Go in police station undetected, go in SY hostel room undetected, go in to Dr Han office so easily.

Who's the killer talking to in his own living room? Perhaps he's the real killer of Isu? 

So now we have Chief Choi wants to catch the killer first before Leader Hwang does. Must be something real fishy here. 

Hope episode 6 gives us some background of the 5 years ago so we can link the story a little.

• Like 5

@budgerie About Choi and Hwang, they are such flat characters so far, she is especially boring me so much, its frustrating. I no longer care why she is always with that expression, I just want her to change already (suddenly feeling the same way about OHJ btw)

but anyway, about Choi and Hwang’s relationship, don’t you think its simply that he is corrupt or aiding corrupt leaders and she is a righteous person? I don’t think there’s anything beyond that. This drama doesn’t seem to be so deep. I still hope to be surprised. 

• Like 4

SO what we learned from this ep 

it major spoiler and long post so 

Spoiler
  •  OHJ was the one who asked for partner to work with him  in scenes  , i think it was way before team leader meet CSY he asked for some can be his eyes in the scene and it better if it rookie police ( i guess since it easy to control and use him or cause he need someone he can teach how to work with him and grow him into what he want and a rookie can less be danger that has connected to the police scheme or the murder ) so team leader was searching for one as OHJ asked and happened to meet  CSY who would be perfect and send her for OHJ to decide , but what so important about all that , is that hints that  as we suspect  OHJ and team leader had a plan ready maybe before the first crime happen in ep  1, so they was planing it  from the start 

• OHJ care for CSY,  he did imaging that the killer coming to kill him  right before CSY walked into his house ,  he know he coming for him and that why he scold CSY and ask her to leave but not before he warn her that she in danger cause  the killer saw her,  i think he was just trying to protect her, he didn't stop talking and helping her latter when she called him about someone in her house so he wasn't really angry from her.  it was all about her not being in his house and he know the killer watching he didn't want him to see her in and out his house that will make him think OHJ trust her and that will put her in danger more then just someone OHJ use   and even when he was scolding her about mess in catching the killer or found him he said something important that he choice her and give her a chance not just cause her memory ability since their people and technology that can be better then her, he choice her cause she has the ability to see things as they are not as she want like other that more important then her memory ability (i think he meant  he saw in her a talent to be more then his eyes, someone who can with some help become a profiler on his own, i watched to much criminal minds  type  movies and series to know that the ability to  look at scenes without pre- judgment  or pre- though is what make the one a great profiler ) so even when he was scolding her he was teaching her something , and he said latter when talk to himself that he know that the killer after the one who close to him

• team leader was more then just close to OHJ late girlfriend,   i know from the character description that she know her before and she was the one that make OHJ meet her , but it not just someone she know or friends they was so closed like sisters , and team leader was so happy about this two getting together look like she loved both of them and to see them happy together was so good, as the character description team  leader was the one that also find OHJ talent and helped him to grew in the police force even with his hard to get along character so  the girl and OHJ meant so much to  her they were like family and that night destroy everything she lose both of them , maybe she even regret that she make both of them together since it was what make them both like this , the girl in danger and OHJ has weakness that destroyed him ( wow i don't even believe that i write that or think about it , it so complex and painful i don't even know for sure i just written what i feel from watching the EP)

•  he not the guy , okay the killer that made the murder on air and was in that car accident 5 years ago not the only one or the original killer,  i know that the missing scenes between the kidnapping till the car accident where for reason and that feeling grew on me more now , let me take a wild guess the guy has this killer who visiting OHJ place as his helper , he helped him 5 years ago or maybe  he just new helper and he told him what happen 5 years ago, he send him to OHJ to find the true about him or killing him if he really that weak, so it trick in trick so the story will just began after that 

• okay the detective who the mole for chief is in my list of killer suspect ,  don''t even ask me why ??? i just get  that feeling about him with every ep's i just know he has more then just inner fight between his loyalty to the team and chief  order to bring information , it  just seem to me he choice when and why he pass the information to the chief , he know about OHJ place but he pass that only when he wanted , he maybe be innocent and just fight to survive both powers but i don't know why he give me that feeling he more then that , he on my list now 

• OHJ has mental issues , we suspect and even know that from the start , but we get it for sure from this talking with his doctor he had a trauma and he cant even sometime see the different between what he thoughts and imaging  and between the reality so he even feel it like true ,  the doctor said it about his willing to recover that the problem ( i think not recovering is his way to pay for his lover death, it like he can't let it go and be okay after what happen like it was nothing, this what need healing  ) and he still not well  in body too ,, the doctor said it early to be relaxed that hint that even if recover in body part he still not full recover. and he care for his doctor, but it worry me he thanks him i mean i know he know that the killer after him and maybe he not surviving that but it  creepy if he also know that the doctor is the one in danger ( bad thought go away ) but he know  that the killer will be after the people who close to him he just didn't know whom 

edit : one more point

Spoiler

team leader didn't know about OHJ faking his wheelchair condition , he even trick her that going bad he used even her that hard on her that mean he didn't full trust her , i think he going to use CSY mother case also to make CSY forgive him and accept working with him again, i think she not taking using her   easy  too so he think he get the guy , 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 5
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@budgerie About Choi and Hwang, they are such flat characters so far, she is especially boring me so much, its frustrating. I no longer care why she is always with that expression, I just want her to change already (suddenly feeling the same way about OHJ btw)

but anyway, about Choi and Hwang’s relationship, don’t you think its simply that he is corrupt or aiding corrupt leaders and she is a righteous person? I don’t think there’s anything beyond that. This drama doesn’t seem to be so deep. I still hope to be surprised. 

I don't know really. I don't understand their relationship. First, they are not on the same level. If yes, I understand she not wanting to report to him. But he's her superior, no matter how you hate the person, also have to report something right? So I cannot understand is it bad writing or is it the writer wants to show us their animosity has a reason behind it, more than just he's a corrupt Officer. 

I kind of like Leader Hwang but the writer made her character so incompetent. She's always having this frustrated look but she couldn't solve any thing :confused:Is like she's "busy" but we don't know she's "busy" with what? Bad writing again? I'm glad you too feel the same way about OHJ. I've felt it long ago that his role is boring (what I've watched so far) but the drama is so so ok for me, episode 5 is still ok I'm half way thru.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Did you guys watch episode 5 without subs? I did and there’s something that happened that made me really disappointed :pensive: Spoiler alert

Hide contents

Why did they kill Dr Ahn like that? Why did OHJ allow it? Is OHJ also a psychopath? 

Spoiler

I don't think Dr Ahn is dead, CSY called for ambulance and said he is in critical condition, my guess is he is still alive.

But what makes you think OHJ is a psychopath?

• Like 2

@dramafan33 about you wondering why OHJ didnt  help the doctor after i watched it with sub 

i think i was right and wrong about  the answer i gave you before 

OHJ did warn the doctor and even offered him to come to his house he will  be safe there so he cared about him the moment he know he in danger he wanted to protect him ( that i was right about )

but i don't think called  CSY or team leader (that i think i was wrong about )  i know that the guy attack  him in few second but as much as they show in EP 5  he didn''t even ask for help for him , and i hope they show more in ep 6 i know he know there no time and maybe he feared that CSY alone will be just another victim gifted to the killer but it still sad he didn't even try even of it not  logic  and no hope , by the way he  still not psycho  he did want to save and protect the doctor at first

but still it sad i hope what he saw in ep 6 change that a little 

and i loved how they show the team leader working without OHJ help and other detectives working hard ( someone is reading the fans posts :joy:)

@Prettysup i hope you right and the doctor survive 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, AgnesO said:

I shouldn't see this thread so late at night.  Now my heart is pounding so fast.  This is the moment I've been hoping for.  Pls tell me its not his dream or imagination.

From the preview, seems like he can stand? I don't think he's faking his disability. It may be that he's able to stand but not steady.  It may cause him pain or he can't stand for long.  We'll find out soon.

I'm so excited now :mrgreen:

According to the medical report dated 2015 which Hwang was reading, it was stated that OHJ needed cornea transplant and physiotherapy to recover. I guess perhaps he in still partial recovery? 

• Like 6

After watching with subs, I guess I didn’t hate the episode that much (I must not watch without subs *sigh*)

Here are some things I appreciated in this episode

1) Jang Hyuk’s beauty (always first)

Spoiler

2) OHJ saying thank you to Dr Ahn for the first time in 5 years (there’s that hint of humanity I was craving for, I still want more)

3) SY making the correct conclusions about who “The Guy” was, super fast and on her own

4) Hwang saying she “feels like she is living in hell”. Fine, Ill give her a break, her flashback that showed her smiling

5) I’m glad Dr Ahn is still alive although he lost his finger

6) OHJs disability or not disability situation has been handled in a way that I may be able to “buy” his recovery (although I like the idea of a disabled hero/anti-hero, so I hope its only partial) I appreciated his conversation with Dr Ahn where recovery was hinted at, OHJ softened up a bit too. And Hwang reading his medical records after the explosion etc

7) Without subs I got the impression OHJ used Dr Ahn somehow, or didn’t warn him with enough time or somehow just let things get to that point in order to get that encounter with the killer. Upon rewatching I felt things happened fast enough (finally) so its not like OHJ had a lot of time to warn the Dr, etc, by the time he finished warning the Dr, the killer was there, so I guess OHJ is NOT  a psychopath like I was feeling but he is definitely too cold for my taste, well, reptilian sort of. His very subtle reaction (and his non-action) upon hearing the Dr getting choked, its chilling itself

8) The killer’s companion, his dad? Older brother or mentor? does not seem to be alive (Kinda like Norman Bates from Psycho) 

P.D Wait! Does the preview suggest OHJ planned something? He used people? He planned, schemed and lured? See? Those are the moments when I go back to my, is he a psychopath himself? question.

I’m not super excited about tomorrow’s ep, but I am at least, curious 

• Like 2

Last night's ep is definately the most exciting so far. However, i felt really disappointed at OHJ when he didn't do anything while

Spoiler

... the murderer was choking the doctor. Couldn't he call SY or LH??? He practically sacrificed the doctor poor guy! Fortunately it seems that the doctor is safe but pity he no longer has a thumb. 

Who is that mysterious guy living with the killer? It seems like he couldn't move which i think confirms that this person was the one in the explosion 5 years ago. I also think that ke was the driver that hit SY's mom, so the fake killer must be the boy in the car. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

@dzareth Guessed the same about the other person in the killer’s apartment, which means its all too obvious, also too much of a coincidence they also are involved in SY’s mom death...

Spoiler

And btw that person seems dead or completely paralyzed. Doesn’t even talk

I hope our guess is wrong cause its only ep 5 and it’ll be kinda boring (and I don’t like kdrama coincidences like those) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nona88 said:

@dramafan33 about you wondering why OHJ didnt  help the doctor after i watched it with sub 

i think i was right and wrong about  the answer i gave you before 

OHJ did warn the doctor and even offered him to come to his house he will  be safe there so he cared about him the moment he know he in danger he wanted to protect him ( that i was right about )

but i don't think called  CSY or team leader (that i think i was wrong about )  i know that the guy attack  him in few second but as much as they show in EP 5  he didn''t even ask for help for him , and i hope they show more in ep 6 i know he know there no time and maybe he feared that CSY alone will be just another victim gifted to the killer but it still sad he didn't even try even of it not  logic  and no hope , by the way he  still not psycho  he did want to save and protect the doctor at first

but still it sad i hope what he saw in ep 6 change that a little 

and i loved how they show the team leader working without OHJ help and other detectives working hard ( someone is reading the fans posts :joy:)

@Prettysup i hope you right and the doctor survive 

Yah at least the detectives are smarter this episode haha... As for Dr Ahn, maybe he thought he is dead already, so no point asking?

47 minutes ago, dzareth said:

Last night's ep is definately the most exciting so far. However, i felt really disappointed at OHJ when he didn't do anything while

Reveal hidden contents

... the murderer was choking the doctor. Couldn't he call SY or LH??? He practically sacrificed the doctor poor guy! Fortunately it seems that the doctor is safe but pity he no longer has a thumb. 

Who is that mysterious guy living with the killer? It seems like he couldn't move which i think confirms that this person was the one in the explosion 5 years ago. I also think that ke was the driver that hit SY's mom, so the fake killer must be the boy in the car. 

Saw someone saying they are twins?

• Like 3

SPOILER ALERT

Knetz comments on ep 5:

1. Now it is the beginning of Jang Hyuk's show time! (+44 -2)

2. Jang Hyuk's lead role is amazing. That was the best ending. (+25 -1)

3. Jang Hyuk is not handicapped (+6 -1)

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/112/0003268375

1. Jang Hyuk waiting for the culprit. Reverse ending! Expectations today (+14 -0)

2. Detective Oh waiting. As expected... he has something (+4 -0)

3. It is going to be fun today (+3 -0)

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/015/0004290853

11 hours ago, kohnlee said:

if OHJ hiding is because of emotional scar then it also means that he wasn’t ready to face the earth or want to do anything , relunctant to do anything and that’s why the ‘disability’ - there have been characters in reality isn’t? They refused to come out from their ‘world’ ....

Yes I think so, he is not ready to face the world, hence he will rather be handicapped and hide alone.

And about the preview

Spoiler

Is OHJ really able to move? Maybe it is a red herring as in the strangling scene yesterday, it may just be someone's imagination ??

But then we have already seen him crossing his legs, so I guess he really is not inmobile.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 2

@Prettysup A red herring would be extremely irritating at this point 

Spoiler

His ongoing recovery is also not subtly hinted during that conversation with Dr Ahn. It implied he is no longer paralyzed but he is not supposed to overexert himself (well I guess the killer doesn’t care lol) and its even possible he is only partially blind. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Prettysup A red herring would be extremely irritating at this point 

Hide contents

His ongoing recovery is also not subtly hinted during that conversation with Dr Ahn. It implied he is no longer paralyzed but he is not supposed to overexert himself (well I guess the killer doesn’t care lol) and its even possible he is only partially blind. 

His medical report said he needed cornea transplant and active physiotherapy. Well since we had already seen his crossing his legs several times while sitting in the wheelchair, I guess it is not really surprising that he is not paralyzed. As for his eyes, maybe he just got a transplant recently hence he is still sensitive to light? And he has never really said he is blind anyway, it is the viewers who drew their own conclusions haha..

And thanks for pointing out the conversation with Dr Ahn, I missed that part, went to rewatch it.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Prettysup said:

His medical report said he needed cornea transplant and active physiotherapy. Well since we had already seen his crossing his legs several times while sitting in the wheelchair, I guess it is not really surprising that he is not paralyzed. As for his eyes, maybe he just got a transplant recently hence he is still sensitive to light? And he has never really said he is blind anyway, it is the viewers who drew their own conclusions haha..

The thing is, in his Q & A JH said OHJ is blind and can't move. Remember his answer about why his blind acting is not so obvious? It seems, JH was keeping OHJ's secrets so he had to deceive us. But his acting has been consistent and gave us all the clues we needed :)

Have to say I have been really enjoying the game the production has been playing with the audience. Really cool! In addition, any incompetence can be explained away- CSY did something silly? Well, she's not that smart and she's a rooky, so it can be forgiven. OHJ did something we don't understand, like his complete lack of reaction to what he was hearing over the phone? Well, he lacks the ability to differentiate between reality and imagination, so that can be forgiven. Really cool! I'm also loving that OHJ's state has been clarified, Now we know what he has to contend with, and we also know that our arrogant profiler is actually afraid...

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

And thanks for pointing out the conversation with Dr Ahn, I missed that part, went to rewatch it.

He literally said “Just because I cannot see, it doesn’t mean I don’t know” 

JH has also talked about how he is playing his “blindness”, so no, we can’t blame viewers. At best we can say, production was purposely misleading about what his current condition is. 

@Biology Lesson Good point, I kinda dismissed that the guy is literally “hallucinating” so, his mental state is fragile. Probably a bigger handicap than being visually impaired or paralyzed

He keeps talking about how “our memories get distorted” how our memory is not reliable. I wonder if he is talking about himself? His memory is certainly not reliable if he can confuse fantasy and reality. His crazy laugh suddenly, makes more sense too (I still could do without it) 

And now I get interested about the past again. I want to know exactly how calculated or miscalculated was his TV interview that time, was he trying to provoke and lure the killer, did he not care about his girlfriend, was she a conscious or unconscious bait? Sacrifice? OHJ is still a mystery and he is somewhat unhinged  (due to trauma or was he always like that?) Suddenly, I go back to not being bored with him. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday I tried not to watch without subs and avoided all spoilers and coming to this thread (And that is really sooooo hard!!) But I think I enjoyed the ep so much more after watching it with subs..haha! 

Spoiler

1) I  think the other "man" in the house  where the killer lived was his twin. I have a feeling he may have killed him or made him paralyze. Because when the killer went to the shop to get something, the lady mentioned he looked different and has a different air around him. My guess is she saw the other twin and that twin used to work as a reporter. 

2) I thought OHJ wasn't that unfeeling when he heard his doctor being attacked at the clinic. I thought he frowned and closed his eyes..

3) And I was soooooo excited to know  that he might  be recovering since the medical report was years ago. Not sure why Ha young is looking at it  now?

Subs to the teaser of ep 6

• Like 7