[Drama 2020] Tell Me What You Saw, 본대로 말하라

Prettysup

@KDrM You’ve expressed my thoughts better than I can. I think my “hate” for Voice is more because Im a JH fan and I hated not caring for his character at all. But I have to admit that in other aspects, Voice succeeded. The criminals and victims, were the best. I sort of liked the female lead btw but, I ended up bored with her as well. 

But the killer, even before he revealed his face (and I actually was more scared then) MTG was impressive, he was beyond creepy, he was brutal! Our peppermint boy feels like such an attention seeker wimp next to him! His killings are over the top but not in a “fun” way to me. Sometimes I appreciate OTT stuff, I’d say OHJ here is OTT but he is so far enjoyable (to me) even if not realistic. So I’m ok with the outrageous exaggerated killing methods of Candy boy but they have been so badly directed! The explosion (too slow, OHJ looked like an idiot) When he killed the copycat, it was hard to believe he could subdue such a big guy (and big guy was annoying) And then the infamous hanging of annoying prosecutor. 

Just thinking of the signature of both killers, MTG had that scary as hell kettleball, our boy here has a peppermint candy, I need our Candy guy to up his game and scare me for real. I’m not impressed and he does not feel like a formidable enemy. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

15 hours ago, budgerie said:

This is the part I find it extremely ridiculous. To be in the special force or elite team, the selection is so strict that not any TDH can be in it. Yet we have a SY here who hasn't gone through any formal training in the elite force but she's in the team because of her memory abilities & HY favor. Perhaps this kind of thing is possible in SK.

I like SY. She's playing her role well but only is ridiculous that so far all the crimes solved are based on her memory abilities while the other senior cops & the TL Hwang seemed incompetent. I know the writer wants to make SY stand out but don't make the other cops look stupid too.

Well, SY did save first victim and found second victim first. So she does have some accomplishments. Like you said, the drama makes SY stands out. So I guess HY could easily persuade the higher-up. After all, I think the guy was the highest rank and seems to favor HY a lot. But mainly, just drama logic.

But I definitely agree with making other cops look stupid. The information guy is actually shown very competent in what he does. Just that he's a spy (unwillingly? He looks like being blackmailed to me). To be honest, other cops doesn't seem that bad, but at the crucial moment, they all go "incompetent mode"

But seriously, at least let HY shine. She's supposed be the experienced leader of the special team. But I never actually see her doing something. She gets information from her team member or YJ. Other team members find and go into house or secret hideout first. She just order, ask, and watch. I guess we could say she has great leadership.. but to me, she just looks incompetent with her high heel boots. 

@dramafan33 I also liked Voice female lead in the beginning. She has superpower, strong willed, and excellent at her work. Oh, and she is high rank officer. She has everything that I liked, but her tone and expression bothered me. To be honest, she's just bland character. Maybe she got development with more Voice dramas, but I didn't watch them. 

I like Jang Hyuk too. And I like his laugh as OHJ character. To me,  OHJ laugh is slightly different from Gun's laugh. Both are forced laugh, but HJ's laugh has that uncanny effect that makes you think he's little unstable. 

Definitely, TG's kettlebell is more impactful and threatening than peppermint candy. Both murderers kill outrageously, but in the end we distinguish them by their signature. TG's signature is the way he kills. He doesn't even need to leave something behind to show that it is him who murdered. You look at the corpse and would know it's him. Our main murderer leaves behind regular peppermint candy. It's not even used for killing. It's afterthought. It's really hard to feel threatened by just regular peppermint candy. If we at least had gotten some detailed scenes of serial murder case, then we might feel the significance of the candy, but we didn't. 

I agree, I’m not impressed and main murderer doesn't feel like a formidable enemy. We need more information, backstory about the murderer. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@budgerie I was scared for the dog too, that killer at least scared me but I still found Voice’s first “cases” were more impactful to me (as opposed to the main arc, ironically) 

Reading your reply to @KDrMYou too can express your thoughts in writing very well.

Frankly, I don't dislike Voice. I don't like it either. But it's more "thriller" in Voice than in this drama. The killer in Voice also looked more scary than here Candy Boy.

Come to think of it, yes I didn't enjoy that MJH is running around & shouting & chasing, but perhaps this is what K audience term  as thriller genre, that it had to be like this. In this drama also, the running & chasing & losing the culprit seemed to be the same. This is thriller in K drama according to the writer perhaps :confused:Btw, is this drama & Voice have the same writer?

This drama, the killing is so uninteresting. The scenes at the Interrogation Room & the Studio looked like easy kill. Only the scenes of the Vet & his victim looked more intense a little bit. At least got me interested to see if she & her dog would be in danger.

1 hour ago, KDrM said:

To be honest, other cops doesn't seem that bad, but at the crucial moment, they all go "incompetent mode"

My sentiments exactly. That's what I mean. They can be on the right track but suddenly they all go into incompetent mode together. Only SY will be at the competent mode. Like for example, she's the only one who noticed the button. She's the only one who noticed the cupboard at the vet office is odd. She's the only one who noticed the signature & date on the book is different. All the other cops are just running & searching, running & searching. At least make all the other cops shine once in awhile.

46 minutes ago, KDrM said:

@dramafan33 I also liked Voice female lead in the beginning. She has superpower, strong willed, and excellent at her work. Oh, and she is high rank officer. She has everything that I liked, but her tone and expression bothered me. To be honest, she's just bland character.

Sorry (not meant to offend anyone) but all of JH drama, there are 2 ladies I can't stand. One is the actress in WOL & the other is Voice. Not them personally but their role. The actress in WOL irritated me while the actress in Voice is too boring.

• Like 5

@noor1, @dramafan33 and @KDrM perfectly summed up how I feel about this drama.

A good crime should have a smart villain who manages to successfully evade/ confuse the police. When you have incompetent police, the villain is basically dumbed down and it isn't interesting anymore.

And wth is this super secrecy with JH's character? Does everyone else think he is dead? Why is LH reporting everything to him? Considering how she repeatedly does that, she should have been fired a long time ago. LH is already a jeopardy to to the the integrity of the police force and national security.

JH is underutilised and his character is too strange. I wonder if it is even necessary to give him that short-lived girlfriend in the beginning. Does it have to be a girlfriend? Can't it be his child or sibling or parent? I mean, his girlfriend and there is no one else around him except LH? And LH just let him become a hermit like that? Does he eat? Does he poop? Who does the cleaning of his bathole? I mean he could've live in isolation in the city centre too right?

I'm not very interested in SY either. However, in terms of acting, LH bores me, JH's portrayal just rings too much DaeGil/LeeGon so SY is the only one that surprised me in a good way. I just wish that the character is written more carefully.

I'm guessing that later, in the final episodes, The Original Guy turned out to be the person driving the car that hit SY's mom, while the boy in the car is actually a New Guy who inherits the fetish of the Old Guy. And the Old Guy did die in the explosion or is living in a different bathole from JH, waiting to rise again while guiding his protege.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

‘Tell Me What You Saw’ Jang Hyuk + Choi Soo-young + Jin Seo-yeon start full-scale collaboration.

13-500250.jpg

Jang Hyuk, Choi Soo-young and Jin Seo-yeon have started their collaboration in earnest, causing much cheering from the viewers. So why is their special collaboration causing such great anticipation from viewers?

Oh Hyun-jae (Jang Hyuk) is a genius profiler who disappeared from the world after losing his fiancee in an explosion caused by serial killer ‘The Guy’ five years ago. Cha Soo-young (Choi Soo-young) witnessed her mother being killed in a hit-and-run accident during her childhood. Hwang Ha-young (Jin Seo-yeon), the team leader, also hinted of a bad past, saying, "I have a debt to pay him back."

Since that day five years ago, Hyun-jae has been living in seclusion inside a room without sunlight. All he has is a chameleon tank, a hospital-like bed, numerous listening equipment, and clues collected about ‘The Guy’. Team Leader Hwang is his only connection with the outside world. After five years, the signature peppermint candy of ‘The Guy’ has reappeared. And now he has found a detective to be his eyes, police constable Soo-young recommended by Hwang.

Due to Hyun-jae’s mobility constraints, it seems perfect that he should work with Soo-young, who has the ability to remember everything she saw, to tell him what she saw so that he can make the judgement. But after he meets her, he thinks that she is “too emotional and troublesome”. However at the moment of crisis, he offered her a helping hand after hearing her wish to become a police officer in order to catch the culprit who killed her mother.

Under Hyun-jae’s instructions, Soo-young found the murderer’s lair. It was also Hyun-jae who induced Soo-young, who was screaming at the sight of a corpse for the first time, to display her picturing ability. But after seeing Soo-young disobey his instructions to leave and risking her life to save the victim, he showed a change of heart. "Why did you help me?" asked Soo-young. He replied "Because I feel bad for you and myself”. It was the beginning of a strange era.

The cooperation between the two was completed by Hwang, who recognized the ability of Soo-young. When the latter offered to enter a collapsed building alone, Hwang asked, "Can you do it?” instead of worrying, showing confidence in her. After rescuing the victim, she encouraged Soo-young with a strong “Good job” rather than comforting her. 

Nowadays, “everyone thinks that their own stories are the biggest tragedies in the world", but their stories and wounds have become a platform for us to empathize and understand each other. And the serial killer, who announced his return through the ‘Live Broadcasting Murder’, is the reason why we are looking forward to the completion of cooperation of the three, playing their roles in reporting, judging and leading.

‘Tell me what you saw’ airs every Saturday and Sunday at 10:50 p.m. OCN.

http://www.kjdaily.com/read.php3?aid=1581568934500250208

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Actor Cha Tae Hyun sent a support truck to his friend Jang Hyuk and TMWYS director.

Looking at these pictures for any spoiler as to what is happening with OHJ... The gloves are still there... still wearing black... but only the black singlet, no jacket underneath the coat... hmmm...

• Like 2

@corey @Biology Lesson Aha! I see it now. The glove looks big or he put it on quickly to take the picture? cause its not fitted properly :P Im now convincing myself and warming up to the idea of him coming outside of his hideout but I’m still not into the idea of him faking his disability completely (its being ambiguous so Ill accept it if its not “as bad as it seemed”) :D 

• Like 1

Am i only one who had to think of detective conan when he got murdered in the studio? :D

Using some elaborated construction to kill people.. often involving long lines.. And very circumstantial. Like he has to lean back into the exactly correct position. I always loved that stuff. And detective conan is actually very brutal as well.

• Like 2

Okay I know that OCN was never the fan of sharing so much spoiler or still's like the others 

But they killing me not sharing some still's think about promotion  the drama??? No think about Poor fans waiting for anything !!:bawling::bawling:

By the way the text preview of ep 5 

That  they ( OHJ and CSY) couldnt stop the murder 

The media  Is so aware and interesting of the return  of the killer now ( finally the evil police cant hide it ) 

CSY  notcing someone was in her house and OHJ is wearing her that the killer is watching 

Ah and something  about CSY  remember something  about the guy she saw in the police officer

So it not add so much sadly to the video PREVIEW but better then nothing 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, corey said:

Check the pictures in the instagram. There are three pictures of a hand (presumably JH's hand) holding a JH coffe cup - in one of them there is a gloved hand and on the third picture a ring is seen - the ring band suggests that this is a  plain wedding ring???

@Biology Lesson I am quite sure it’s not his hands but just that of the coffee truck staff who mans the truck, if you check out the IG account of the coffee truck. But they do seem to be at a warehouse location still haha. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@The Reel Life I recognize his thumb anywhere! (his thumb is bent a lot) but he might not be the one with the glove (Ok we are getting weirdly specific here! Its just that there’s no teasers and I am booooooreddddd!) 

You not alone here 

I may have written  6 episode  a head in my mind to stop the waiting and bored  feeling :joy: why they dont give us some still's , spoiler or anything in the long week?? 

Look how they make us go out of control  trying to find way to pass the time 

• LOL 1

4 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

@Biology Lesson I am quite sure it’s not his hands but just that of the coffee truck staff who mans the truck, if you check out the IG account of the coffee truck. But they do seem to be at a warehouse location still haha. 

Yes, they are not his hands and gloves. They belonged to the staff as there are similar pics of the same gloves and hands . And I doubt JH will hold up a cup and take pics ..hehe.:)

View 3rd pic.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

6 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

That's fine, my point was to see if we could get a spoiler concerning OHJ from JH's look. The gloves are less important, though I do wonder if whatever happened to his hands will have significance in the show. I'm hoping that it's the lack of jacket underneath the coat that means that that's OHJ's coat. meaning that he is outside

Well, OCN released a video with the Q & A they promised, only as usual, with no translation so I have no idea what to do with this... can anyone translate?! 

• Like 3