[Drama 2020] Tell Me What You Saw, 본대로 말하라

Prettysup

12 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Appalling that the entire team froze just to watch that evil profiler hang to death. He deserved it no doubt but still. It's obvious he was gesturing for help. 

Yes, I'm speechless on this scene too!

12 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Gosh I’m glad someone saw it the way I do! When he gave her the Sunglasses I also thought of OHJ. Hahahaha :D they would really make a cute healing couple. 

I must be the only one who doesn't like OHJ sunglasses. :lol:

9 hours ago, dzareth said:

I terms of crime drama logic, this one is pretty weak.

JH spoiled it for me when he laughs maniacally. I don't think it suits the character.

Yes, the security at the police station is so laxed. Can just walk in & looking so suspicious with hood (cannot see the face), can go to the Interrogation Room, can kill someone, walk out, nothing happened.

When OHJ laughed, it reminded me of Li Gun. The laugh goes very well with LG but not OHJ.

I only wish the story will get better from ep 5 onwards. The writing needs to improve. Actors & actresses can't change the script (maybe only change their own parts) so if scipt is written badly, it's written badly & audience have to watch it badly.

:confused:

• Like 5

10 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

You are right, even that is still a mystery 

He does get audio alerts when he gets a call and cameras could be to get evidence in case the hideout is compromised, the wall of evidence could be for Tl Hwang but yeah I also think he can “see” to an extent, like maybe shadows and shapes 

Ya and cctv - what’s the point of all these if he is blind??

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Okay.. I think someone just found out who the actor for the killer is...looks 90% alike.  Spoiler alert!!

Killer looks young though. Was he & OHJ ex colleague? OHJ is the superior & killer is the junior (maybe). Or rival in love?

I'm going to add my two cents to the debacle that was Ep. 4:

1) If every tom, jane and harriett can just get inducted into RIU, why was there such a fuss about how exclusive this team is?! The cops are clueless and incompetent, and don't even know what detectives are supposed to do, SY has zero physical / tactical training and is not shown even getting any new training either, yet she gets to join their team, simply because she has 'photographic memory' (and is FL) and they baby-sit her throughout the show. 

2) Jang Hyuk is wasted in this series. His monotonous calculations / assumptions about killer are silly and I don't see what purpose he serves. Also, he is there for 2 scenes only per episode and his interaction with SY and others are air-time-fillers. Even if he comes out of that dungeon, so what? No background on why he thinks the way he thinks about the killer has been given, there could've been flashbacks to key elements of The Guy's MO which is being copied, but no, cops are running blind and we as viewers are just supposed to accept it.

3) Most importantly, why is a serial killer interested in SY and snoops on her? Why hasn't the serial killer gone after HY, especially since HY knew and worked with Hyuk on The Guy case and was close to him? Hell, given her IQ level and zero leadership skills, the killer could've killed HY long ago! Why hasn't the killer gone after anyone else on the team? Why only SY? Just because she is FL and drama centers on her predicaments and writers / directors want to highlight her?!   

4) HY is team leader at an elite investigative team but she cannot think on her own for 2 seconds, and is 'reporting' to Hyuk all the time or screaming after every 2 seconds - what kind of team leader loses her nerve in a crisis situation? I don't know how she got to be a cop, but considering that she selected SY, she can't be that intelligent!

5) The entire series is formed around a killer who is so smart he alludes the cops, but in actuality, he only looks smart because all cops are dumb as hell. People giving justifications for that TV profiler's on-air death (the transparent wire!) miss the basic point: he was attacked in a parking lot in front of 2 cops who were assigned to 'protect' him and they were sitting, looking at him, too slow to react; same happened at the TV studio. Why wasn't anyone upstairs for surveillance of backstage props area? The easiest way to kill someone on air is to drop a light on them! And yet, these super cops, elite investigators, were standing around doing nothing. All of the actors look like they are being directed by one incompetent person who doesn't know about police procedurals and who is telling them 'now just stand here while this guy hangs/ chokes to death, don't move a muscle, just act shocked' (!) 

I may peek into episodes this weekend but I'm not hopeful for anything improving in this drama. I wasn't a fan of Voice either, and didn't watch it, but at least in Voice, there is a central emergency team and the entire plot revolves around them trying to curb / solve crime. RIU on the other hand, doesn't even make sense, is full of substandard, unprofessional people who masquerade as 'detectives,' and story is snail-pace, with no insight into any past or present of any character. If this show continues down the road of lazy writing and slow pace, I'm not interested. Waste of time, really.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

I think SY is the hero of the story so far , I mean she's doing most of the work . not just a photogenic memory but she's sharp eyed always running and working , of course she's not that good cuz she's the undedog hee , she has to make mistakes at first so we can watch her grow and become good , she's s a rooki she can't be perfect from the start ! It's confusing why people are complaining about her making mistakes I mean she's an excited rooki who wants to prove herself .

My problem with this drama is that it's a bit boring ! it's too dark and serious , the color palate of the screen is mostly black / dark blue and it makes it kinda gloomy . I think it may need more comedy or romance ( like Signal it was great ) to change things up a bit , because the whole time this drama has the same mood and pace . SY looks very realistic , always rough and police-like looking but I'd love to see her made up or sth ! 

the end of ep4 when the police was just watching the man die was so frustrating I mean they knew sth was gonna happen , they should've jumped in and done sth ! 

and there r too much scenes on the evil detectives which Idc bout ! They should focus more on the leads .

before the drama was aired everybody was excited fo JH but so fa there isn't much of him , I'm sure we'll see more of him but it's just going too slow !!

SY parts r my fave , her eyes r so big and expressive I wish people would acknowledge her acting more . I'm gonna keep watching this for her . the directing is amazing too , some shots r so beautiful !! 

what's with the babysitting comments ? That's the team work of this drama ?? HE has experience , he knows the guy more than anyone but he can't go and chase him so he guides he!  If not , what is JH supposed to do ? and she helps with that photogenic memory ( which the drama is all about from the beginning ) so together they can can catch him... at some point at least !

• Like 6

‘Tell me what you saw’  Jang Hyuk 5 years in the hideout...Will he come out to the world?

In the original OCN drama ‘Tell Me What You Saw’ , a genius profiler lives alone on a wheelchair after losing his fiancee 5 years ago in an explosion caused by serial killer ‘The Guy’. He disappeared from the world after that day and hasn't come out of his own hideout for 5 years.

In a place when the sun does not shine through, wearing plain dark clothes and an expressionless face. It is his intention not to reveal himself. Particularly in the middle of a tank where a chameleon hides itself in protective colors, it is just like Oh Hyun-jae hiding his true identity. Wearing sunglasses and latex gloves in his own space can also be understood in the same context, the deliberate removal of oneself from the world. But it is not just a simple hiding, because not only is he surrounded with wiretapping equipment, the wall is also full of clues about the ‘The Guy’. Now, he is just waiting  for ‘The Guy’ to appear.

Among them, the presence of rookie detective Cha Soo-young brought him the first change. In the beginning she was just one with a picturing ability to remember everything that seems instantaneous, and is "too emotional and troublesome". But at the moment when she thought she was going to give up, Soo-young persevered when she thought about the possibility that the victim could still be alive even when her own life was in danger. Hyun-jae, who was not involved in the operation, extended a helping hand to Soo-young, bringing a start to their co-operation.

But even before the co-operation could commence, ‘The Guy’ officially announced his return. He murdered Kang Seung-hwan (Kim Heung-rae), who claimed to be ‘The Guy’, Jeong Chan-goo (Kim Seo-ha) who saw his face, and Na Joon-seok (Song Young-kyu) who disparages the existence of ‘The Guy’. In addition, he killed Na during a live program so that "everyone could see his resurrection". Although team leader Hwang Ha-young (Jin Seo-yeon) and her team members, including Soo-young, were present at the scene, they were shocked and not able to prevent the murder or catch him.

In the preview of the fifth episode released right after the broadcast, Detective Jang (Shin Soo-ho) asked, "How did the team leader know Na is going to die?”. Choi Hyung-pil, chief of the department, said, ”It's strange to be a coincidence" . The secret connection between Hwang and the Hyun-jae began to be questioned. Will Hyun-jae reveal his existence to the outside world just as what ‘The Guy’ did? All eyes are on the development of the plot ahead.

99652959.1.jpg

https://sports.donga.com/3/all/20200212/99652967/1

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Cctv is good as security no? If he gets assaulted or killed or anything, at least there would be “evidence” recorded? Just a thought

I thought it’s for him to know who is coming and what’s going on. Like how CSY spoke thru the machine when she first entered his place - can see her face. 

5 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Okay.. I think someone just found out who the actor for the killer is...looks 90% alike.  Spoiler alert!!

ya man the lips! 

@noor1 I think the drama is more than that killer and as for the relationship btw him and OHJ and team leader , it should be reveal slowly in the later episodes - we are only at the first 4 and to me these are set up.

how many episodes are there? 16? 

• Like 3

OKAY we may was angry about the mess details in ep 3-4 

let be honest ep 1-2 was perfect in written , PD work and acting skills and emotional connecting 

but ep's 3-4 has so many  non logic  plot , missing characters balance and so much wrong in PD work too 

we can't blame only  the writer yes he did write mess part for  sure but the PD has blame too as much as he has the good review when 

he making perfect scene , do you think the writer write how much time it should take before the detectives respond to the profiler  murder he may write they was shocked and frozen for a moment but the long of how they respond each time and how much it shown fast or so slow on the PD shoulder too 

i  am not saying it was a good written too , no there so much missing logic and explaining in so many aspects like if we forget everything how we can forget when a murder in the police officer happen that they didn't check or interview  every bird even come close to the building > and how it normal to see someone his face not shown to the camera and wouldn't the first to make check on him ???? i know they closed it latter cause they found the crazy animal doctor but in the first was wrong 

if they show latter that they check on him and was clear or they know him since he work there ???? or has family their i will be understanding but that not enough it about the first response they show us is what make so many said they making the police look like idiot and i don't like that at all  ( i respect both PD's but that don't get them off the blame here , i loved their works in the past and i want to see that again )

but i heard there was a change of PD and some changing in the shooting crew during shooting the first few ep's so i am giving it chance 

it was one week that amazing and make me go so crazy about this drama 

and one week that make me asking "really ??"  more then enjoying the watching 

but still i like the idea of the drama , and they have amazing actors  here 

so the writer and the PD should show us back the feeling from ep 1-2 soon and start understand what we talking about 

i want to watch a great mystery drama that challenge my head if i want to watch just  what they give me  as it , there more light and fun dramas

i like it dark so it okay but make it worth 

i am not giving up for the great actors we have here but i hope they get what they deserve it to much great actors to waste here 

so let wait to see ep 5-6 hope things get more like what the promising us in the first week one 

i want to enjoy the great OHJ really work as  his name should be if he just act as normal police officer what the point making him in that dark room all the time  i want the really skill to start shown up 

and i want to see other police officer who for years works on the murders cases unite  i need them to have brain and have ability it not like this team was useless before CSY and OHJ come in the picture 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

@nona88 To give the cops at least “some” credit, they already had the vet’s name and were going to interrogate him based on his license plate, that’s when they were told by Hwang, that their suspect was a vet and they put two and two together. Maybe they shouldn’t be called an “elite” team but they seem to be pretty normal cops, not the dumbest, only unfortunately slow at crucial moments (and I agree that PD has something to do with that. Reactions appear slower than they should) Truth is, other than Hwang and SY (and of course OHJ but what else can he do?) the other cops in the team didn’t even believe that Na profiler was a target

Regarding SY, they did go out of their way to explain with a flashback, how because of her ability, other aspects of her brain function were somewhat impaired? Slow? Isn’t that what they said or did I get bad subs? 

Not sure why some ppl say that OHJ is doing nothing when, without his deductions, the plot wouldn’t even move. Same with SY. They are the ones who found about first copycat’s accomplice, and they did it literally together. OHJ would never have known about the dog leash and dog connection if not for her photographic memory and she never would’ve paid attention to those clues without his guidance. 

I agree with the majority that the drama needs improvement. It’s not the smartest most sophisticated crime thriller drama and unfortunately crime drama is supposed to be “smart”. My expectations were never high in that sense, however. Still, if they gave us some emotional moments like the one in ep 2 (when SY with OHJ help, saved that woman) I would complain a lot less about the drama. Voice is by no means an example of something I wish them to follow. I disliked that drama. But, one positive thing it had was, the victims were compelling. There were emotional moments in relation to them (unfortunately almost none regarding the leads) 

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

@dramafan33 dont worry I like the drama and i know it has it good points if i am not enjoying it or see it as totally  mess i wouldn't  be here watching  it or written  about how bad or good i dont have time to even watch more then two drama live scream in the same time no matter how good dramas out there i just marked them to watch it later when it finish and i have time :joy:

So my point to choice what I am going to watch live is so hard and I choice  this drama

I want more emotional moments like the one in ep 1 -2 and I want more work on the others detectives parts  too and I want smart and logic  using of OHJ as great profiler 

Sure I still want it to be even hit not just good, for God sake they  having the best cast and amazing pd  with amazing past works and have a good and super main plot  and they had the best start in the first week 

So my point dont run  it , please it has everything  to be hit not in Korean rating but even better  then U.S. criminal show but I am just dont want them to destroy  it , fans talk about how much the loose details was so much in ep 3-4 and I was not liking it myself  even wrote about when I was watching it live 

So I am hoping  they fixed  it cause it deserve  to be a memorable drama 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 6

I'm ok with HJ stuck in the secret hideout. He still gets his moments and helps out the crime cases. To me, he's not boring. He's actually very charismatic. I just hope they keep his disabilities. After all, I assume HJ is going to be our last target of Peppermint Candy murderer. And I don't want to see any "surprise! He can actually walk and see pretty well!"

By the way, SH becoming the part of special team is not result of her skills, it's the result of "HY's favor"

Seriously though, the ending was so ridiculous. Come on, you cops knew the profiler was target. Don't just stand there shocked. He obviously needs saving! It gave the same feeling as the fiancée car explosion. So I agreed that it's probably PD's fault. PD seems to want to show what happens in details in the short moment, but very bad at how to show it, which makes the scenes looks so slow. I'm pretty sure the car explosion and profiler murder happened extremely quickly. 

Also, the storyline needs to be better. The murder storyline needs to be much more interesting. This drama storyline is similar to Voice1 storyline in that viewers are getting separate murders, but they are linked to main murderer that our main leads are pursuing. However, Voice1 had much more detailed, interesting characters with much more interesting ways to murder people. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

I will go back reading everything in thread but I just start this drama & I am enjoying the first episode so far hopefully I will catch up with it before the next episode :) seriously I can’t stop laughing at first rule of the arrest protocol bad the goat didn’t get it :joy:

5e449386d36b8600963178.gif?download

5e4493a81f59f036005441.gif?download

5e4493c6d7423462505913.gif?download

Spoiler

5e4493238fc5b801538760.gif?download

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

@KDrM I so agree with you on everything you said ha!

Despite my not liking “Voice” overall, that drama did something really well and that is, each victim was very compelling. The case with the kid in the washing machine was so good. As a thriller, it worked pretty well (I just wanted to really care for the leads and somehow I couldn’t despite my known JH bias, couldn’t get into his character) Voice was creepier, scarier, especially the first cases, you felt for the victims and were scared by the criminals (it reminded me of Criminal Minds)

Here some of the victims are nasty people so who really cares if they die? Meh! I did only care for the victim on ep 2 and the vet’s victim, the actual innocent ppl.  The first killer here got on my nerves! But I found him more annoying than scary. 

But contrary to Voice, here I do care for the leads, especially Sooyoung and OHJ.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KDrM said:

I'm ok with HJ stuck in the secret hideout. He still gets his moments and helps out the crime cases. To me, he's not boring. He's actually very charismatic. I just hope they keep his disabilities. After all, I assume HJ is going to be our last target of Peppermint Candy murderer. And I don't want to see any "surprise! He can actually walk and see pretty well!"

Agree with you. If he actually can walk or see totally but is faking it, will definitely spoil the storyline. SY is supposed to be his legs & eyes because of his disabilities. Me too hope that the writing will be more "energetic" in ep 5. I do enjoy the drama but it has lots of flaws. Haiz...

By the way, SH becoming the part of special team is not result of her skills, it's the result of "HY's favor"

This is the part I find it extremely ridiculous. To be in the special force or elite team, the selection is so strict that not any TDH can be in it. Yet we have a SY here who hasn't gone through any formal training in the elite force but she's in the team because of her memory abilities & HY favor. Perhaps this kind of thing is possible in SK.

I like SY. She's playing her role well but only is ridiculous that so far all the crimes solved are based on her memory abilities while the other senior cops & the TL Hwang seemed incompetent. I know the writer wants to make SY stand out but don't make the other cops look stupid too.

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

I did only care for the victim on ep 2 and the vet’s victim, the actual innocent ppl. 

I was worried the vet was going to kill the dog! :unsure: it was quite a thriller the vet & his victim. At least scary enough.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@KDrM I so agree with you on everything you said ha!

Despite my not liking “Voice” overall, that drama did something really well and that is, each victim was very compelling. The case with the kid in the washing machine was so good. As a thriller, it worked pretty well (I just wanted to really care for the leads and somehow I couldn’t despite my known JH bias, couldn’t get into his character) Voice was creepier, scarier, especially the first cases, you felt for the victims and were scared by the criminals (it reminded me of Criminal Minds)

Here some of the victims are nasty people so who really cares if they die? Meh! I did only care for the victim on ep 2 and the vet’s victim, the actual innocent ppl.  The first killer here got on my nerves! But I found him more annoying than scary. 

But contrary to Voice, here I do care for the leads, especially Sooyoung and OHJ.

Thanks! I liked Voice to be honest except for that Oh officer's stalker fan case. Not like other cases, it has nothing to do with the main murderer. Even the culprit was over the top. Bland to be honest. But that character and his case storyline is much better than any of the cases that we got from our current drama so far.

Voice1 first case, right? Washing Machine. It was very impactful. It had detailed background storyline that they had to quickly summarize. Even the way the case happened and solved was shown very well. I was invested in that story and characters. Both to culprit and victim. 

I guess I could understand your feeling toward Voice1 main leads. Their background storylines skimmed while the culprits background storylines were much more detailed. Also, male lead starts as very aggressive, so the first impression is minus. The female lead.. the way she talks. The tone? It's almost monotone, which makes her almost bland. Her expression wasn't better. It could have been just me though. But her background storyline was definitely weaker than male lead. 

However, this drama. They do opposite. They give better background storyline to our main leads, which they should. But they lack storyline for the culprits. Even our main Murderer lacks so much. To be honest, peppermint candy is not that interesting. So does this murderer has a specific way to kill a person? It seems they don't. We don't even know exactly who are the people that officially got murdered. I'm not invested in that serial murderer backstory because I don't know much about it. So as a viewer, I don't feel the thrill that much because the murderer doesn't seem that threatening. You know what was more interesting and threatening? First culprit's secret murder hideout sewer. Those hanged covered victim corpses are the most interesting part where I was invested in. To bad it was used for only one scene. Just passing by. Never to be mentioned again.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2