[Drama 2020] Tell Me What You Saw, 본대로 말하라

Prettysup

@budgerie We might not be watching the same drama again :P OHJ has the fewest scenes but also the longest lines in this drama. He talks mostly to SY and HY, only a few times to “himself” which is the same as talking to the audience but it’s always to clarify something about the case (basically he tells us the plot, which is likely very useful because I see some people confused with the drama on twitter) He has been profiling all the time! He is the one who has been solving everything after SY remembers details but he is the one who connects all the dots. It is to the point that no one understands how leader Hwang “knows” everything, it is because of his collaboration. Thanks to OHJ, they can anticipate what the killer might be thinking etc, and he has not been wrong about his moves, so far. 

Anywho, its ok, we can’t like the same things always and if you are not feeling OHJ then so be it, at least you are finding this drama better than WOL and thats not a lot but I guess it’s something :ph34r:

57 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Also, what SY's police friend said about his dream is to be ordinary and hiding in plain sight is kind of unsettling.

Lol! I thought the same! I started looking at his mouth! Is it you candy guy? but I don’t think so :D

• Like 8

1 hour ago, phoenix24 said:

Hm..Not sure how I'm feeling after watching ep 4.  It doesn't make me want to drop it, but I'm not that excited either.  

I do feel like there are two serial killers because mouth shots seem different beside the body builds.

Also, what SY's police friend said about his dream is to be ordinary and hiding in plain sight is kind of unsettling.

I also think that there are 2 because their voices sounded different. (The fidgety one in the cab with OHJ's fiancee and the one at the press conference)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@nona88 Awww but I like your 5 year old dream scenario better than the drama we are watching! Suddenly I thought of The Beauty and The Beast although our “beast” here is so beautiful :P 

Guys who knows there might be be some hope.  Her police friend also mention trying something new and who knows finding your soulmate:D.  

Chance are slimmer going that route, but at least I hope he gain a confidant and her being a bridge for him to be out in the world again at least.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

okay i'm not going to be a spoil spot and go into every incompetence of the police or rather what the writer have made them in this drama because it just not going to be fun for me. However i do cringe at the fact that they let the body of JunSeok hanging there while the forensic's team were doing their job. 

@bebebisous33 i was thinking about your theory earlier on. There may be a connection between the boy in the car (SY's mom's accident) and the killer/'The Guy'. After ep4 we get to know more about 'The Guy''s character/profile. Looking at his desk, he is someone neat and tidy and takes pride in his work, hence he doesn't take it too kindly when KSH tried to take credit for the murders. He thinks he is good at his game and is thrilled at not being caught thus far henced he killed ChanKu because CK saw his face and he only thinks of OHJ as his challenger that is why is trying to lure him out of hiding and wants to challenge OHJ to catch him.  What i wanted to say is that the boy/the driver in the car got away with killing SY's mom. He probably got excited and thrilled at getting away with murder.  I re-watch that scene and the boy looks SY's age while the driver is older and could be his brother. I also believe that they have a connection to someone higher up in the police force that was why the case was closed without further investigation by the detective. Anyway that is just my theory. 

Well, there is another reason why I developed this theory. Imagine if the detective had shown more determination in solving the accident case of CSY's mother, then none of these murders would have happened. Because for this police officer, CSY's mother wasn't important and even deaf, he didn't see it as his duty to do more what was necessary. As soon as they reached a dead end, the police officer didn't ask for more info. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@budgerie We might not be watching the same drama again :P 

Haha @dramafan33We're watching the same drama for sure only we have different views, different likes & different dislikes. So long as you enjoy the drama & I enjoy the drama is most important. Frankly I'm liking the drama but put aside the no logic. I don't dislike OHJ but I'm just not enjoying his screen time (that room is making me groggy) but I'm enjoying the rest of everyone. I hope to see him & SY have more together time & develop a personal friendship.

At this point of time is still very much case solving with the help of SY abilities. Not much character building so I'm wondering if this drama is just going to be case solving throughout the entire drama.  

• Like 4

Can't help but post this...

Hmmm.. the killer even has pics of OHJ holding a gun and him standing up???? Who is he? The production crew? :joy: I think the props department need to be more careful and detailed.... viewers are very observant nowadays.

New BTS. 

11 hours ago, nona88 said:

the rom-com  reaction : it danger to stay alone or live in that non security apartment now so just make her move on into OHJ half called house for security reason for sure  he has  a good one :joy: let have more scenes of this two , or even more scenes of OHJ ( he the lead man here as much as i know who has less scenes  then others)  and why not?? let have some romance too :heart: it not bad things that the crazy killer after CSY after all :thumbsup:

I think this is a great idea. That could be why the killer found out his location.. haha.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

7 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

@bebebisous33 i was thinking about your theory earlier on. There may be a connection between the boy in the car (SY's mom's accident) and the killer/'The Guy'. After ep4 we get to know more about 'The Guy''s character/profile. Looking at his desk, he is someone neat and tidy and takes pride in his work, hence he doesn't take it too kindly when KSH tried to take credit for the murders. He thinks he is good at his game and is thrilled at not being caught thus far henced he killed ChanKu because CK saw his face and he only thinks of OHJ as his challenger that is why is trying to lure him out of hiding and wants to challenge OHJ to catch him.  What i wanted to say is that the boy/the driver in the car got away with killing SY's mom. He probably got excited and thrilled at getting away with murder.  I re-watch that scene and the boy looks SY's age while the driver is older and could be his brother. I also believe that they have a connection to someone higher up in the police force that was why the case was closed without further investigation by the detective. Anyway that is just my theory. 

It not a bad theory  

I feel too that CSY mother accident will be connected  to the killer too 

As we saw the boy had that creepy  doll with him 

So maybe he wasn't normal from the start and that accident just was his start 

And that being you back the person who did the accident he not normal too , it not just the accident  but normal peoples dont run after hitting someone especially  if they have  grown kids in the car If they not hidden something too 

I am mean what normal  person want to explain to his kid that in age to see and understand everything  that he hit someone and run and it okay 

So something wrong in this two the driver and the kid and no matter what this two connection it sure not the healthy  normal one 

And I guess the driver working in the police so he still helping and hiding the killer  

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I think this is a great idea. That could be why the killer found out his location.. haha.

Hihh just let it he idea I dont to be the bad person  here after they crash our dreams:joy:

4 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

Guys who knows there might be be some hope.  Her police friend also mention trying something new and who knows finding your soulmate:D.  

Chance are slimmer going that route, but at least I hope he gain a confidant and her being a bridge for him to be out in the world again at least.

Okay I am crossing finger  now :joy:   

I will allowed my self  to out of what I know going to happen and have sweet dream till next week 

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Can't help but post this...

Hmmm.. the killer even has pics of OHJ holding a gun and him standing up???? Who is he? The production crew? :joy: I think the props department need to be more careful and detailed.... viewers are very observant nowadays.

It picture from before the accident  

You can say that maybe even before  the interview  or after it before the kidnap the killer was OHJ  stalker  

I will  choice before that stage  of obsessing start long ago, Ohj was famous  maybe he even was challenged  by the killer way before the interview  

It just the interview make the killer angry and punished OHJ I mean with that kind of stalking  and mind of obsessed he may take any word that OHJ  said as betrayed since he waited for something  also that OHJ  not giving 

It happened a lot with Soicahpath  killer he find someone who he feel like in his level  make him his rival and start to think that he should play with him in his own rules and he should understand  him 

• Like 6

Just finished ep 4, and I am really hesitant to read all your theories becoz I am afraid I will be spoiled if one of it turns out to be true haha.. But it's so funny we get an official HD pic of the head in the ice when they painstakingly blurred it out in the drama.

And I am glad the scene in OHJ's hideout when he was talking with the 2 gals is now brighter as compared to earlier scenes.

84446783_1571901926318797_16392384052650

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Wow.... when OHJ was walking SY through her memory of the two killers: KSH, JCG... I thought I was watching a Korean adaptation of the X-Men. Charles Xavier mentoring and training a young Jean Gray. The wheelchair gives some credence to that image. Fascinating moment. It appears that he understands her potential to plumb the depths and we've only scratched the tip of the iceberg of what she's capable of.

Gosh you put it so spot on! Professor X and Jean Grey! Two of my most fav comic book characters. I really like their dynamics so far, and I seriously hope the writers and directors give them more emotional dialogues than just to talk about the cases. 

is it too much to ask for a multi dimensional show? I’m sure we could do with more heart, and not just cold cases. 

Ok I finished watching episodes 3 and 4 subbed. I still like the pace, it’s not too draggy, but it’s a pity they have not developed the characters enough, esp OHJ and HHY. As for SY, there are sufficient emotional moments to allow viewers to root for her. 

The writers truly need to dig deeper and let us view HHY and OHJ as fragile humans (more quickly) than take their own sweet time and keep highlighting cases only. I need to see more heart in this show (but maybe, that’s not their intention? :vicx:)

I see many comments wanting OHJ to leave his lair, and I am absolutely one of those. Just curious as to what everyone thinks. Do you all have a feeling the show will allow us to see him leaving his hideout soon? (And I don’t mean by episode 12 onwards only :sweatingbullets:) Jang Hyuk’s talent is such a waste if we can’t see his character develop more with meaningful dialogues, and interact with others with emotionally thrilling intensity, if he is locked up in that room only and only speaks to the two ladies about cases. At least let him talk to Soo Young about his past, his fears etc. I wish the Korean audiences are voicing this out so that the production team take note. :unsure:

• Like 8

Ep 4 Knetz comments

1.    The killer is is the boy who was riding behind the hit-and-run car that killed Cha Soo-young’s mother (+30 -0)

2.    Every time Jang Hyuk appears, his presence is overwhelming (+19 -1)

3.    Although it is fun, but it is frustrating that the criminal keeps escaping and the police seems to be just standing around watching in vain. (+12 -0)

4.    The criminal seems to be nearby, I would like to check everyone’s fingernails (+9 -0)

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/109/0004163174

1.    There's more than one criminal, and someone in the police is helping them.(+23 -0)
2.    Jang Hyuk's acting is really not a joke.(+15 -4)
3.    Mr. Jang Hyuk's breath is professional profiler. (+11 -1)
4.    Although there are some cruel screens, but I haven't watched OCN in a while. Keep up with the series.~~ (+4 -0)
5.    I think there is an accomplice. (+4 -0)

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/109/0004163170

• Like 7

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

The writers truly need to dig deeper and let us view HHY and OHJ as fragile humans (more quickly) than take their own sweet time and keep highlighting cases only. I need to see more heart in this show (but maybe, that’s not their intention? :vicx:)

I also hope it's not just about solving cases. Give us some insight into Team Leader Hwang life. OHJ life. We know quite a bit about SY life already. I'm curious why is Hwang so unfriendly towards Chief Choi? 

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

Jang Hyuk’s talent is such a waste if we can’t see his character develop more with meaningful dialogues, and interact with others with emotionally thrilling intensity, if he is locked up in that room only and only speaks to the two ladies about cases. At least let him talk to Soo Young about his past, his fears etc. I wish the Korean audiences are voicing this out so that the production team take note. :unsure:

In MC, even though he's the supporting but when he appeared, it is so majestic. Here, I mean if he's going to be like this throughout the entire drama, it's truly a waste of his talent.

48 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Ep 4 Knetz comments

Although it is fun, but it is frustrating that the criminal keeps escaping and the police seems to be just standing around watching in vain.

This one is so true. It makes Leader Hwang & her team so incompetent.

5 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Hahaha, I also hope that OHJ will suggest SY to move in to live with him (for security purposes). And she can turn that dark room to a bright room with proper decoration which makes it look like a home for him. My imagination...

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Soo Young's birthday. And hey, OHJ is out of his room!!:w00t:

The team looks cordial enough bts. Leader Hwang seems nice to SY.

Yes OHJ, get out of that room & have some fresh air.

Noticed he's wearing a ring. I wonder if it's his real wedding ring, since he's the only one wearing, his fiancee already died so probably the production will just tell him, wear your own wedding ring :lol:(save production cost). Lol.

• Like 3

In my opinion, The Guy starts observing CSY as she was the only one who got a glimpse of him indicating that she could become worthy of being his opponent. 

5 years ago, The Guy attacked OHJ's fiance because of his arrogant attitude. The profiler acted as if he knew what the serial killer was feeling. When he said that the Guy might have asked his victims whom they wanted to kill before their death, that's the moment the serial killer felt insulted. They had not found out the common denominator among the victims. However, the taxi driver asked the fiance I Soo whom she was going to meet... and in my opinion, maybe The Guy used a taxi which would explain why his victims were all so different.

Since I have already formulated that the boy in the car, when the car accident with CSY's mother occurred, could be the serial killer The Guy, I can see a connection between the car accident and the serial killing if the culprit used the taxi in order to select his victims. Don't forget that CSY noticed a taxi after the discovery of Go's corpse at the crime scene. 

The serial killer is indeed acting like a chameleon as he is able to work as a journalist, as someone from the TV station, or as police officer... if you pay attention to his room, you'll notice that there are a lot of books on his desk. It was as if he was preparing for state exam and his room looks a lot like CSY's room.

I have the feeling, he has been trying to become an officer but he failed and his ego couldn't handle it. Notice that he is an arrogant and prideful man which explains why he tends to challenge others who offended him.   

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

okay i want to add someone to the list of who he is ???

the man that come to OHJ house and give him the pills and even bring him food 

and talk to him like this as they close no just he working for him to even have that tone of  scolding him 

who is he ???? is he his doctor ? friend ? family member ??? but the question more then who is he ??? if he act as someone close   to OHJ  why OHJ look like he don't like him or at least he was totally uncomfortable with him being there ?? he looked more uncomfortable then any other time so  AM imaging things or someone also wondering about it ???

MY biggest fear about who going to be the killer after all !!!!  i don't want another breaking heart a killer that make you cry for him  as much as you hate him  too ( no with another thought i want that , one with a sold story not just  a crazy for no reason )  dilemma between what heart and mind want :weary:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

The team looks cordial enough bts. Leader Hwang seems nice to SY.

Yes OHJ, get out of that room & have some fresh air.

Noticed he's wearing a ring. I wonder if it's his real wedding ring, since he's the only one wearing, his fiancee already died so probably the production will just tell him, wear your own wedding ring :lol:(save production cost). Lol.

I saw a video of diamond rings using the OST of the drama. Also ads for the sunglasses he uses. All of that seems to be PPL. 

@bebebisous33 YES! Thanks for reminding me of the taxi clue. That’s a very important one. SY went all the way back to OHJ to tell him just that! It has to have significance

I wondered how much OHJ remembered from  the time he confronted “The Guy” and in ep 4 its clear many characteristics of the killer are known (at least to OHJ), like his approximate age and height etc I’m still not super clear about candy boy’s M.O in the past. I’d like them to talk more about what they learned about him 5 years ago, how many victims he had, did he usually strangle them? (He is not above using other methods tho as he did in the case of the vet, but in that case things didn’t go according to his plan, as OHJ pointed out)  Does he target women and kill men only if they get in his way or does it even matter? The analysis and correlation of the victims would lead them to his “motive” but other than Team Hwang and OHJ, no one seems to actually want to catch the guy 

btw, did OHJs fiancee die in that taxi she took that night of her recital or is a different night and all we saw was the driver/killer gathering info first? If she died that same night, how did the driver/killer get out? and if so, did OHJ know she was with the killer then? They have not been clear about this at all 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, corey said:

I second that wholeheartedly. I endured episode 4 only to get to the scenes with JH (and yes, indeed these scenes are now brighter and we got his signature laughter at one point, too). But I am really interested about his backstory and the unanswered questions

- why the wheelchair

- why the gloves

- why the scar on his face looks so fresh

- is he blind?

Mind you, on the poster for the drama is is standing together with the other cops, rather than sitting in the wheelchair. I will continue watching, mostly to get the answers to the above.

Me too. I hope we get those answers. I'm getting impatient just watching him talk about the killer. Soo Young needs to start asking him questions about his personal life and past! Why are they so business transaction-like!!!

On another note, looking at the video of Soo Young's birthday celebration above, I am wondering if this is a change in characterization/plot or it is just a mere coincidence where I'm overanalyzing - JH (OHJ) is no longer wearing the gloves, but he is wearing the ring on his finger. Does this mean that he no longer wears the gloves in his scenes? Did something change in the plot? I hope this is the case. Or if I'm overanalyzing, it could just probably be that they were in between scenes, he decided to take off his gloves because he isn't filming at that point in time, but yet still wore the ring because it's a very small prop, easy to wear and you don't want to misplace it. Thoughts anyone? 

(Btw @budgerie I definitely don't think it's his wedding ring, I don't think he will ever want to risk losing it by wearing it to a filming site :sweatingbullets: haha.)

• Like 7

Alright I’m just done with 3 and 4!

How did the guy choose his victim? I believe his ultimate aim is to lure OHJ out. Whatever their past relationship was is the reason and it’s what the show should be revealing to us slowly thru OHJ.

I can understand why the police were standing there, staring at what took place instead of going forward to help.  They have no idea what was causing it , the almost invisible thin wire was not noticeable. If the tool was something more visible, then you can do something about it. In this case, they have no idea where and how to stop what as going on. The initial choking when the victim was seated down doesn’t suggest that he was strangled. He looks more like he was choked. 

but I would really like to know how the guy placed the peppermint on the table after the incident? It has to be after right? 

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

Alright I’m just done with 3 and 4!

How did the guy choose his victim? I believe his ultimate aim is to lure OHJ out. Whatever their past relationship was is the reason and it’s what the show should be revealing to us slowly thru OHJ.

I can understand why the police were standing there, staring at what took place instead of going forward to help.  They have no idea what was causing it , the almost invisible thin wire was not noticeable. If the tool was something more visible, then you can do something about it. In this case, they have no idea where and how to stop what as going on. The initial choking when the victim was seated down doesn’t suggest that he was strangled. He looks more like he was choked. 

but I would really like to know how the guy placed the peppermint on the table after the incident? It has to be after right? 

Your comment made me think, this scene would’ve worked if we had seen the guy choke and get hanged first, and then later, shown us how it was done. The fact that they let us, the audience, literally see the wire, made us more impatient. The sequence looked ridiculous too. They shouldn’t have “shown” so much and imply more. 

I think he somehow left the peppermint before. I noticed the profiler looked at the table and made an annoyed face like “ugh” upon seeing something and in my head I thought “he must’ve seen a peppermint candy” and later, they showed it when SY noticed it. 

• Like 6