[Drama 2020] Tell Me What You Saw, 본대로 말하라

Prettysup

Jang Hyuk Compares His Characters In “Tell Me What You Saw” And “Voice”

122dc25b5a154376aa3a71b308f5a0e9.jpeg?s=

Jang Hyuk spoke about his new role in “Tell Me What You Saw”!

This upcoming OCN drama is a suspense thriller about genius profiler Oh Hyun Jae, who has lost everything, and detective Cha Soo Young, who has photographic memory, as they work together to track down a serial killer.

On January 17, Jang Hyuk participated in an interview to share his thoughts on his character, Oh Hyun Jae. The actor previously starred as the character Oh Jin Hyuk in the 2017 thriller “Voice,” which achieved the highest viewership ratings in OCN history.

Three years later, Jang Hyuk is returning to the genre and network as Oh Hyun Jae, a genius profiler who disappeared from society after losing his fiancée in an explosion set off by a serial killer. Stating why he decided to appear in “Tell Me What You Saw,” Jang Hyuk said, “I had high hopes that I would be able to create a different, new character from ‘Voice.'”

He continued, “Oh Hyun Jae is a character that’s mentally closed off. I’m pondering many things, and I prepared various props to make an impact. It felt as if Oh Hyun Jae had such deep pain that he had lost himself after the explosion. I’m working hard so that I can best portray his loss and pain.”

As for the script, Jang Hyuk commented, “I was intrigued by the story development and how Oh Hyun Jae is a character who investigates and knows the overall psychology behind a case, but became traumatized by the criminal he was pursuing and tries to overcome this trauma by chasing this criminal once again.”

He concluded, “I’m excited. I’m having more expectations than feelings of burden. I’m working hard to make a good project that will meet viewers’ expectations. Please look forward to it.”

“Tell Me What You Saw” premieres on February 1 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1377649wpp/jang-hyuk-compares-his-characters-in-tell-me-what-you-saw-and-voice

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I'm glad that they highlighted the differences between Voice and this new drama. I'm a huge fan of Voice (I watched all versions, 2, Jpn, currently Thai, lol) and Sooyoung. At first I thought this drama overall plot sounds similar with Voice but with Janghyuk playing KwonJoo and Sooyoung playing Jinhyuk. Now that the trailer is out, the plot looks so promising. 

Anyway, can't wait for February~

• Like 6

Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung Talks About Her Character In Upcoming OCN Thriller “Tell Me What You Saw”

OCN’s upcoming drama “Tell Me What You Saw” has shared a new glimpse of Girl’s Generation’s Choi Sooyoung in her starring role!

“Tell Me What You Saw” is a new suspense thriller about a genius profiler who has lost everything (played by Jang Hyuk) and a detective with a photographic memory (played by Sooyoung). Together, they embark on a quest to track down a serial killer that they thought was dead.

Sooyoung’s character, Cha Soo Young, is a passionate countryside cop who believes strongly in justice and dreams of becoming an accomplished detective. She first becomes aware of her incredible photographic memory when Hwang Ha Young, the head of the Provincial Special Detective Division (played by Jin Seo Yeon), sees Cha Soo Young perfectly recreating a crime scene that was destroyed by heavy rain.

Describing her character’s story arc, Sooyoung remarked, “[Cha Soo Young] herself wasn’t even aware of her own abilities, but after meeting Oh Hyun Jae [Jang Hyuk’s character] and division head Hwang, she gradually becomes stronger and grows as a person.”

She added, “I thought that it was important to properly depict the journey of her growth from Episode 1 to Episode 16.”

Sooyoung went on to speak fondly of her character, explaining, “She’s an action-oriented person who is always trying to get things done at the core of the case, but she’s not a brave person. She’s frightened and afraid, but she’s a character who musters up the courage to take action for the sake of the victims and their families.”

In order to properly portray Cha Soo Young, who doesn’t care much about her appearance or dressing up, the Girls’ Generation member made an effort to tone down the glamour. “I wore almost no makeup [during filming], and I tied my hair back messily, without any effort,” said Sooyoung.

Sooyoung also brought up the fact that she previously starred in the OCN drama “Squad 38” back in 2016. “I’m returning for another trustworthy OCN crime drama after ‘Squad 38,'” she remarked, “and I’m especially excited because I’ve never taken on the thriller genre before.”

Drawing a parallel between herself and her character, who happen to share the same name, Sooyoung continued, “Soo Young the character approaches every single case with diligence and sincerity. Choi Sooyoung the actress is also approaching the drama and her acting with sincerity. I hope that you will look forward to and enjoy watching me take on a new type of acting.”

“Tell Me What You Saw” premieres on February 1 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available with English subtitles on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1377870wpp/girls-generations-sooyoung-talks-about-her-character-in-upcoming-ocn-thriller-tell-me-what-you-saw

• Like 5

The full BTS clip, plus JH's surprise birthday party at the end

And you can post your silliest and funniest comments under this OCN post for the actors and actresses, from 20-27 Jan

Stills of Jin Seo-yeo, who returned to the small screen after more than 5 years

2020012013255322487-540x432.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

I am trying to spot the difference haha.. btw who is the one flying in the car accident ?

I think it is just a shorter version. And  I think the one who flew was just some random victim in a case. Couldn't see very clearly...lol.

• Like 2

Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung Becomes Jang Hyuk’s Eyes In His Investigation In “Tell Me What You Saw”

0a994e42138547a9aec4d27d259d3805.jpeg?s=

OCN’s upcoming drama “Tell Me What You Saw,” starring Jang Hyuk and Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung, has unveiled a new teaser!

“Tell Me What You Saw” is a new suspense thriller about a genius profiler who has lost everything (played by Jang Hyuk) and a detective with a photographic memory (played by Sooyoung). Together, they embark on a quest to track down a serial killer that they thought was dead.

In the teaser, Sooyoung’s character Cha Soo Young says, “A moment in time, click, I remember everything.” Her team leader Hwang Ha Young (played by Jin Seo Yeon) says to her, “You’re going to meet someone. All you have to do is tell that person what you saw.” In another scene, a man asks if profiler Oh Hyun Jae, who disappeared after an explosion set off by a serial killer, is still alive. Another responds, “Perhaps.”

Soo Young, with her perfect memory, becomes Oh Hyun Jae’s eyes in his investigation. Oh Hyun Jae says to her, “Now tell me what you saw. I’ll make the decisions.”

“Tell Me What You Saw” premieres February 1 and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1378506wpp/watch-girls-generations-sooyoung-becomes-jang-hyuks-eyes-in-his-investigation-in-tell-me-what-you-saw

• Like 2

Tell Me What You Saw, Choi  Soo-young X Jin Seo-yeon, successors of OCN dramas active female characters

In OCN productions which has been loved by viewers, there had been active female characters. First, from "Voice 1," which broke the limits of thriller, to "Voice 3," which ended last year, the "Voice Profiler" Kang Kwon-ju (Lee Hana) listens to detect the slightest noise from the crime scene. Also, Han Tae-joo (Kim Hyun-joo), an elite lawyer who witnessed falsehood in the "Watcher" that ended with the highest ratings of OCN last year, have always been the powerful cards that overturn the game and instill an absolute sense of presence.

And in coming February, detective Cha Soo-young (Choi Soo-young) and Hwang Ha-young (Jin Seo-yeon) of OCN's new Saturday original "Tell Me What You Saw," who are equipped with powerful and unique capabilities, are ready to meet the viewers. Soo young is a detective with a "picturing" ability to remember everything instantly, and Hwang has served in key posts in the police before becoming the head of the Kwangsoo  investigation team. Hwang , who discovered the hidden ability of Soo-young , who was a country police woman, built a new plan to catch a serial killer.

Soo-young who became the eyes of genius profile Oh Hyun-jae (Jang Hyuk) and Hwang, who wants to arrest a serial killer saying "I owe him a debt",  will work together at the scene of the investigation to show female chemistry. Most of all, Choi Soo-young says "She is like a friend I have known for a long time", and Jin Seo-yeon’s says "I am very happy to be at the scene together" add even more expectations to the acting interaction the two will show together.

202001231122716259_1.jpg

https://sports.donga.com/3/all/20200123/99376362/1

• Like 1

It is awesome that Sooyoung decided to tone down her make-up. Now Jang Hyuk will be the most beautiful person in the show hehe...

Sooyoung has a gradual build up in her acting resume, but she has always received good reviews. Dare I say in Girl's Generation she is better than Yoona? Looking forward to enjoying her performance in this drama too

• Like 1