larus

SIGNAL 2

Drama: Signal 2

Hangul: 시그널 2

Genre: crime, fantasy

Network:

Episodes:

Director:

Writer: Kim Eun-Hee (Harvest Villa, Sign, Phantom, 3 Days, Signal, Kingdom)

Release Date:first half 2020

Runtime:

Production Company: AStory

OST:

Official site:

Plot

The drama depicts the past and present detectives who are connected with the desperate signal from the past to unravel tragic events. 

Cast

Lee Je-Hoon as Park Hae-Young

Kim Hye-Soo as Cha Soo-Hyun

Cho Jin-Woong  as Lee Jae-Han

Character descriptions

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 6
  • Love 1

“Signal” Writer Shares Hopes To Air Second Season This Year

e852745d7fac44a68616857b01fee53d.jpeg?s=

On January 30, scriptwriter Kim Eun Hee participated in an interview where she discussed her hopes to air a second season of the 2016 drama “Signal” sometime this year. She said, “If I make a comeback to domestic dramas, I would want it to be with ‘Signal 2.'” She continued, “I am being careful with my words right now, but I’m hoping that it would air sometime this year.”

Kim Eun Hee continued, “Everyone’s needs will have to align, and actors will have to clear their schedule. It might be hard, but it is true that I’m hoping for ‘Signal 2’ to happen. Director Kim Won Seok also said that the drama will be more meaningful if it airs in 2019.”

“Signal” told the story of a group of police detectives who use a mysterious radio that can broadcast from the past to solve cold cases. It was praised as a well-made drama that maintained its high quality until the last episode.

Talks of a new season came up as the final episode ended on a mysterious note that left the possibility of a future story open.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1300482wpp/signal-writer-shares-hopes-to-air-second-season-this-year

AStory who produced the TVN drama 'Signal', and Netflix drama 'Kingdom' on the last 4 days, said, "It was confirmed that the Kingdom season 2 and the Signal season 2 aired in the first half of next year" 

0d33d364-e49a-4099-b288-d00c72483ebf.jpg

In January of last year, Kim Eun Hee writes in the mid-term special lecture that he is preparing "Signal Season 2" and said, "Kim  Hye Soo, Jo Jin-woong, and Lee Je-hoon , three actors also announced their intention to participate once the season 2 was produced."

https://www.dispatch.co.kr/2032573

https://www.wikitree.co.kr/main/news_view.php?id=445983

http://www.wikileaks-kr.org/news/articleView.html?idxno=60530

• Like 8

@larus Thank you for the new thread. My favorite of all. One of the best Korean dramas. Looking forward to this one. But they says first one is always the best. But original cast  confimed to comeback?

Tagging these friends drama experts below who I know will be interested in this one.

@liddi @40somethingahjumma @bebebisous33 @irilight  See you here, right?

@phi3nk@evie7 going to tag this two who also where in original thread.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

I don`t think they announced when the new season will be broadcast without knowing the cast will do the second season but I would like to see the official confirmations soon. Then they will show more bout the plot and characters.

I also think the first season usually is the best but the writer could come with an interesting plot in the second season as well. I am very curious to see what is about, how the mysterious radio will be involved once again. I want more informations quickly. I hope they will satisfy our curiosity and release more information.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Signal 2, 시그널 2 - Premieres in first half 2020
14 hours ago, jongski said:

Tagging these friends drama experts below who I know will be interested in this one. 

@jongski, thank you much for the tag.  I am so in for this one... Esp. if they get the original cast...

@larus thanks much for starting the thread.

12 hours ago, larus said:

I also think the first season usually is the best but the writer could come with an interesting plot in the second season as well. I am very curious to see what is about, how the mysterious radio will be involved once again. I want more informations quickly. I hope they will satisfy our curiosity and release more information.

I agree with you... But I so loved the first Season,  I look forward to see what this writer will bring us in the 2nd Season.   For one, I really want to see Lee Jae-Han (Jo Jin-Woong's character) vindicated.  At the end of Season 1 he was presumed to be a criminal who had shot the righteous Kim Bum-Joo  (played by Jang Hyun-Sung) who received a hero's funeral, when in fact he was such a horrid corrupt cop.

• Like 8

Hope they won't push it if the main cast doesn't come together because it will ruin it all...Still remember how the rumors were all over back then saying that there were some backstage conflicts between Cho Jin Woong and Kim hye Soo&Lee Jae Hoon,who knows how much was truth and how much was babble...Hope the cast will trully return for a second season,if not let it be like that...

• Like 6

On 7/20/2019 at 11:02 PM, Miky88 said:

Hope they won't push it if the main cast doesn't come together because it will ruin it all...Still remember how the rumors were all over back then saying that there were some backstage conflicts between Cho Jin Woong and Kim hye Soo&Lee Jae Hoon,who knows how much was truth and how much was babble...Hope the cast will trully return for a second season,if not let it be like that...

I totally agree with you. If the original cast doesn't return, let it be like that

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Ok people it's happening!!!!
My hopes are up!!!!

Season 2 of Signal would only work with the same cast and I think the writer and director know it sooo…at least they can't disappoint me like when they announced Save Me Season 2 and then it turned out to be a totally new cast and story line…(not bashing the actual season 2 tho, haven't seen it yet and probably never will because I'm to salty about it haha)

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, titania1000 said:

But i read recently on twitter from a fan account that during an interview for his current project Jesters The Games Changers  Cho Jin Woong would have said that he hasn't received an offer yet. 

The good news though is that he stayed close to the writer KEH and the director Kim Won Seok and that he's obviously waiting with interest  for a firm proposition. 

I read the article too and I want to say something about it here but I was a little busy.

I quote from the article:

Cho Jin-woong and Son Hyun-joo are actors who have a unique relationship with 'Signal'. Cho Jin-woong filled the filmography with the main character Detective Lee Jae-han in 'Signal', and provided a stepping stone for actors to step up.

It is true that Cho Jinwoong showed skepticism about 'Signal 2' in an interview conducted in recent years after 'Signal'. This is also true of affection, but it is true that he felt regret and anxiety that he would never see the detective Lee again.

But Cho Jinwoong's answer changed. It's still cautious, but it suggests a new direction of "positive review". Cho Jinwoong said, "Human memory is limited. Now I have to review positively."

Cho Jin-woong said, "In fact, not only director Kim Won-suk and artist Kim Eun-hee are so friendly. I have been in frequent contact with them, but I haven't met them recently. "I blurted the end and made a meaningful smile, raising expectations for 'Signal 2' and Cho Jinwoong's reunion.

https://news.joins.com/article/23561071

I think Cho Jin Woong will star in the drama if they will ask him. If the writer finished her script, the production crew has to start working to make this drama. They have to negociate with actors and have a free schredule.

All three main actors are busy. Kim Hye Soo not only confirmed for SBS drama in February, she has a new movie 'The Day I Die' with Lee Sang Yub and they started shooting early next month. 

Maybe the second season of Signal will air in the first half or second half of 2020. They still can do it but I wish they set a date. If not a date when they will air the drama, then a date when they start shooting.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Not good news. (From what Iunderstand from Google translations.)

Acording to this article, Signal 2 was postponed indefinitely. I don`t think it is only actors`s scredules. Let see if there will be a chance to see the sequal someday.

Ace Story, earnings deteriorated, Signal 2 broadcast uncertain."

Ace Story, the first Korean producer to create a Netflix original drama, has not shown any real growth momentum since its listing. This year, there are no works other than Kingdom 2, and Signal 2, which was announced in the first half, was postponed indefinitely.

In addition, the first half of 'Signal 2', which was originally revealed at the IPO press conference, was postponed indefinitely. Lee Jung-baek, CEO of Lee Sang-baek on July 4, said, "We will show two dramas such as Kingdom 2 and Signal 2 during the first half of 2020."

'Signal', written by artist Eun-hee Kim, is the work that produced the largest number of enthusiasts among domestic dramas produced by Ace Story. In addition to the bone marrow fans, investors also wanted to make season 2, and they were very excited about the news.

An official of the company said, "Signal is delayed from the original production due to the actor's schedule, etc .."

(Google translations)

http://www.newspim.com/news/view/20200106000834

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Lee Je Hoon Talks About “Signal 2,” Friendship With Ryu Jun Yeol, And “Stove League” Cameo

Feb 18, 2020
by J. K
b65d1f660f574c39aa92600611c667c9.jpeg?s=
Actor Lee Je Hoon took the role of special DJ on the February 17 episode of the SBS radio show “Cultwo Show”!

Lee Je Hoon was asked about the much-anticipated second season of the hit 2016 tvN drama “Signal,” which has been mentioned as a possibility for years. He said, “I think it would be difficult to do it this year because the cast is all busy, but from what I know, ‘Signal 2’ is being produced. I’m waiting for it too.”

• Like 3
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, larus said:

Lee Je Hoon was asked about the much-anticipated second season of the hit 2016 tvN drama “Signal,” which has been mentioned as a possibility for years. He said, “I think it would be difficult to do it this year because the cast is all busy, but from what I know, ‘Signal 2’ is being produced. I’m waiting for it too.

Us too... us too. 

@larus Thank you for sharing this article. I pray that this hopeful note that LJH mentions the sequel means it is definitely in the works, and our wait will not be in vain. Miss them...

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

@larus Please please please let this news be true after all the false hopes we've had over the past 4 years! But... I'm concerned how it's gonna work out since Mt. Jiri, KEH's next drama with Joo Jihoon and Jun Jihyun is rumoured to be released early 2021? Either way... please reunite us with our trio once more!

• Like 5

20 hours ago, liddi said:

But... I'm concerned how it's gonna work out since Mt. Jiri, KEH's next drama with Joo Jihoon and Jun Jihyun is rumoured to be released early 2021?

The writer Kim Eun hee has not only Mount jiri in works but she could have Kingdom 3 as well. I guess she has the inspiration and maybe she has other writers to help her write those scripts. Beside, it was said that she had Signal 2 prepared to start filming in early 2020 but something did not work as planed. Maybe she had a clear idea about the plot in Signal 2 and maybe she had some scripts ready. I cheer for her to write for her all three dramas and all to be broadcast in 2021.

• Like 5

@larus While I'm sure KEH has an idea where Kingdom S3 will lead after that cliffhanger ending she left us with, it has not been greenlit yet so I am currently not as concerned. I have no idea whether she has writers helping her with the scripts. However, I know that in Signal, she walked around and did her own research for months, while in Infinity Challenge - Company Employees in Crisis (Eps 495-497), the script she delivered was very uniquely hers, replete with vivid descriptions, which the members commented was like reading a novel. Definitely, it does sound from previous interviews that she had already begun to map the plot out for Signal S2, and Mount Jiri is pretty much a confirmed production so hopefully both scripts can be ready in time for production in the latter half of this year. I did read reports though that Joo Ji Hoon may not be able to film this year due to his previously scheduled activities, so perhaps Mount Jiri would be pushed out, which gives KEH more of a breather to work on Signal S2 script? Whatever the case may be, please let it finally work out this time, with the same cast and crew. Perhaps KEH might find a way to revive Jang Hyun Sung in S2 too... after all it is Signal where everyone can come back to life, as evidenced by every single one of our trio :D 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I was randomly scrolling through soompi forums and found this! Huhu. I hope Season 2 will really air this year, this time around. If not, I atleast hope it airs with the same cast.

Signal is my all-time favorite kdrama and this is such a big news for me! :wub::wub::wub:

• Like 5