[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

Park Seo Joon And Ahn Bo Hyun Share An Ill-Fated First Encounter In “Itaewon Class”

Park Seo Joon And Ahn Bo Hyun Share An Ill-Fated First Encounter In “Itaewon Class”

Jan 28, 2020
by S. Nam

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Itaewon Class” has shared new stills of Park Seo Joon and Ahn Bo Hyun!

“Itaewon Class” is based on a webtoon of the same name and tells the story of young people brought together by their stubbornness and passion as they chase after their dreams in Itaewon.

The newly released stills showcase the intense first meeting between Park Sae Roy (Park Seo Joon) and Jang Geun Won (Ahn Bo Hyun). Park Sae Roy has just transferred to a new school, but he appears aggravated even before he’s had the time to adjust to his new school. This is because he has just witnessed Jang Geun Won bullying his classmate Lee Ho Jin (David Lee). As the eldest son of Jang Dae Hee (Yoo Jae Myung), the cold head of the food conglomerate Jang Ga, Jang Geun Won is a snobbish character who does whatever he pleases. In the stills, he’s pulling on Lee Ho Jin’s hair as if he were playing with a toy.

Park-Seo-Joon-Ahn-Bo-Hyun.jpg

When no one is able to stop Jang Geun Won, Park Sae Roy comes forward to block him. Lee Ho Jin sends a desperate look to the vigorous new transfer student who has intervened, and Jang Geun Won’s mischievous expression suddenly turns dark with anger. Nonetheless, Park Sae Roy refuses to step back, and the two share fierce eye contact in their tense confrontation. Park Sae Roy aims his fist at Jang Geun Won in one still, hinting at the explosive encounter that will unfold.

Park-Seo-Joon-Ahn-Bo-Hyun-2-2.jpg

Previously, Park Seo Joon shared, “Park Sae Roy, who isn’t swayed by anyone and lives independently, will bring catharsis to those viewing the drama.” Since Park Seo Joon will be adding his unique charm to the original character, viewers are already highly anticipating his portrayal of Park Sae Roy in the drama. Viewers are also looking forward to Ahn Bo Hyun’s role as an opposing character who is the mischievous heir to Jang Ga.

The production team of “Itaewon Class” shared, “From his first day of school after transferring, Park Sae Roy, the icon of conviction and vigor, will begin to get embroiled [in trouble]. As the beginning of an ill-fated relationship, his first encounter with Jang Ga’s heir Jang Geun Won, who will change his fate, will be a situation of high tension.” They added, “Please focus on Park Sae Roy’s story which will unfold right from the premiere.”

The upcoming drama will be produced by director Kim Sung Yoon, who produced “Love in the Moonlight” and “Discovery of Love” and written by Jo Kwang Jin, who is the original author of the popular webtoon the drama is based on.

“Itaewon Class” will premiere on January 31 at 10:50 p.m. KST. Watch the latest teaser for the drama here!

Source (1)

credit: https://www.soompi.com/article/1379758wpp/park-seo-joon-and-ahn-bo-hyun-share-an-ill-fated-first-encounter-in-itaewon-class

• Like 4

@serenilmauve @AsveriaPSJ my pleasure :)

14 hours ago, AsveriaPSJ said:

I don’t know what kind of vibe Park Saeroy gave in original work, but what writer described about PSJ’s portrayal of the character seems like a right approach. Park Saeroy is a guy who collected all that people under his “wing”. He should be someone who is sincere, in some ways tender and maybe even emotionally affectionate to win over them and make them appreciate him as their friend and boss)))

Also, based on some comments under Youtube and Naver that voice in epic song in Park Saeroy’s individual teaser belongs to a singer Ha Hyun Woo and probably his band Guckkasten. 

Yep, if one of Danbam's staff got in trouble, he would stand up for them and i like how he referred them as "my people". Such a protective boss/hyung/oppa :wub:

Oh i didn't know that it's actually an existing song :lol:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

54 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

@serenilmauve @AsveriaPSJ my pleasure :)

Yep, if one of Danbam's staff got in trouble, he would stand up for them and i like how he referred them as "my people". Such a protective boss/hyung/oppa :wub:

Oh i didn't know that it's actually an existing song :lol:

I personally love stories where protagonist looses his family, but instead builds around himself another one :blush:

I’m a bit comicbook geek, so my favorite heroes are Batman and his Batfamily for same exact reason:glasses:

No, I think people just recognized his voice and style. Because no one made reference to actual song, everyone talked about (based on google translate loool) how Ha Hyun Woo’s voice suits OST a lot)))

@serenilmauve such an effortless bromance master :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Park Seo Joon, Kim Da Mi, And More Share What To Look Forward To In This Week’s Premiere Of “Itaewon Class”

Park Seo Joon, Kim Da Mi, And More Share What To Look Forward To In This Week’s Premiere Of “Itaewon Class”

Jan 29, 2020
by R. Jun

Ahead of the premiere of JTBC’s Friday-Saturday drama “Itaewon Class,” cast members Park Seo Joon, Kim Da Mi, Yoo Jae Myung, and Kwon Nara talked about what to look forward to in the drama.

“Itaewon Class” is based off a webtoon with the same name and tells the story of young people brought together by their stubbornness and passion as they chase after their dreams in Itaewon.

Park Seo Joon, who plays Park Sae Roy, said, “In the first episode, you’re going to see past incidents that are the foundation for the present day story. You’ll be able to fall for the charms of Park Sae Roy, who doesn’t compromise in the face of injustice and holds fast in his beliefs.”

The actor added, “Please tune in and watch Park Sae Roy’s first steps as he pursues his dreams in Itaewon, and please give your support to the various characters in this drama as they take on new challenges and grow.”

Kim Da Mi, making her drama debut as Jo Yi Seo, a highly intelligent psychopath, said, “Because the drama is an adaptation of a webtoon, I’d like it if you’d focus on the different feel of the story as well as the actors’ acting. As popular as the original work was, I think a lot of people will be looking forward to the drama. With that in mind, the actors and staff are doing their best, so please send lots of love and support.”

itaewon-class-park-seo-joon-kim-da-mi1.j

Yoo Jae Myung, who plays chairman Jang Dae Hee of the food conglomerate Jang Ga, said, “Please take note of how all of actors have synced up with their characters as well as their chemistry with each other. You’ll be able to feel that the tight story of the original work and the unique characters have become more full and clear.”

Kwon Nara, playing Park Sae Roy’s first love and business rival Oh Soo Ah, said, “The characters in and of themselves are cool, and they’ve been dramatized, so I think being able to see the variety of characters is the biggest thing to look forward to. Oh Soo Ah’s life will be a little bit different from the original. Seeing her realism and the fine-tuned way in which she leads her life, even I came to see her differently. Please give your support to Soo Ah and her ‘hip’ rebellion in her efforts to shine in the world.”

“Itaewon Class” premieres January 31 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

itaewon-class-kwon-nara-yoo-jae-myung.jp

credit: soompi

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Watch: The Cast Of “Itaewon Class” Are Playful Yet Professional Behind The Scenes Of Their Poster Shoot

Watch: The Cast Of “Itaewon Class” Are Playful Yet Professional Behind The Scenes Of Their Poster Shoot

Jan 29, 2020
by S. Cho

JTBC has dropped a new behind-the-scenes clip of the “Itaewon Class” cast shooting their posters!

“Itaewon Class” is based off a webtoon with the same name and tells the story of young people brought together by their stubbornness and passion as they chase after their dreams in Itaewon.

The making video begins with the main cast exuding charisma and confidence as they tease the tense conflict between Dan Bam and Jang Ga. Their characters are introduced one by one, beginning with Park Seo Joon, who plays Park Sae Roy. He is a passionate entrepreneur who opens up a restaurant called Dan Bam in Itaewon with the help of his friends and challenges the food industry conglomerate Jang Ga in the process. Kim Da Mi will play Jo Yi Seo, a social media influencer and Dan Bam’s manager. Yoo Jae Myung portrays Jang Dae Hee, the cold CEO of Jang Ga, while Kwon Nara plays Oh Soo Ah, the strategic manager at Jang Ga and Park Sae Roy’s first love.

Next up is Park Seo Joon and Kim Da Mi’s shoot, where they look exactly like their webtoon counterparts.

Last up is the group shoot of the remaining Dan Bam team. The cast comfortably enjoys an array of snacks while playfully posing for the camera. Kim Da Mi perches herself on top of the sofa and Park Seo Joon jokingly comments, “You’re not supposed to go up there wearing shoes.” More characters are introduced, starting with Lee Joo Young and Chris Ryan, who play Dan Bam employees Ma Hyun Yi and Tony Kim, respectively. Kim Dong Hee plays Jang Geun Soo, who is both a Dan Bam employee and Jang Dae Hee’s second son. The last employee is Choi Seung Kwon, played by Ryu Kyung Soo.

Watch the full making clip below!

credit: soompi

Plus JTBC updated their IG with 5 minute long preview and new photos 

• Like 4

2 more sleeps to the premiere! And get ready for the presscon tomorrow :love:

Btw, has anyone seen Lee Jooyoung's drama or movie? I saw comments on youtube, many people praise her acting and her unique charm and also look forward to her appearance in IC. I haven't watched any project of her but personally i like her style. She seems a chill and fun person to hang out with :D

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:
2 more sleeps to the premiere! And get ready for the presscon tomorrow :love:

Btw, has anyone seen Lee Jooyoung's drama or movie? I saw comments on youtube, many people praise her acting and her unique charm and also look forward to her appearance in IC. I haven't watched any project of her but personally i like her style. She seems a chill and fun person to hang out with :D

Yeah, I saw Weightlifting fairy Kim Bok Joo;) She is a good fit to play Ma Hyun Yi;))))

Ryu Kyung Soo bts photos from poster shooting. More photos on NAVER BLOG

Kim Da Mi had a photoshoot for High Cut 

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

@Anjalifairy omg! Kim Feel, I knew it :lol: His voice and style sounded familiar, but I wasn’t sure enough))) I like him a lot, happy that he is part of OST. And other k-netizens were right about Ha Hyun Woo))) 

Everyone looks so beautiful))) Also everyone except Park Seojoon dressed like their characters  :joy::smirk:

• Like 3