[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

14 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

I like that her gesture basically something like equivalent of guy petting girl’s head, that’s so popular in our k-dramas;) You can bet, that Park Sae Roy’s heart skipped a beat for sure xD 

Yeah i think men feel the same. It's a gesture that gives you butterfly :wub:

I still can't believe it, after a long wait from the middle of last year, finally it's D-8 to Danbam's opening! Woot woot

Oh i really hope they will participate in a magazine photoshoot :rolleyes:

• Like 4

gif from JTBC offical IG account 

Insight Korea covering latest IC stills.

4 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:

Yeah i think men feel the same. It's a gesture that gives you butterfly :wub:

I still can't believe it, after a long wait from the middle of last year, finally it's D-8 to Danbam's opening! Woot woot

Oh i really hope they will participate in a magazine photoshoot :rolleyes:

Same here. I don’t know if it’s even possible, but with whole cast, imho, it would be so much fun. I hope though soon they will be able to release more interviews with cast members;)) 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:

Itaewon Class preview on january 24th and 25th. Although i'm not sure what the preview would be like, but let's tune in first :D

Okay, wait a minute, someone help me here to understand... The first preview will be from 12.00 to 12.10, so 10 minutes? And the second one almost two hours? :blink: Or my brain is not working properly? :crazy::lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

Okay, wait a minute, someone help me here to understand... The first preview will be from 12.00 to 12.10, so 10 minutes? And the second one almost two hours? :blink: Or my brain is not working properly? :crazy::lol:

Same here lol If it’s from 18:10 to 19:55... what they will show us? :scream:

Video from kakaopage+daum webtoon.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

%EC%9D%B4%ED%83%9C%EC%9B%90-%ED%81%B4%EB%9D%BC%EC%93%B0_01-660x400.jpgNETFLIX

K-DRAMA

“Itaewon Class” Starring Park Seo Joon To Make Its Netflix Premiere In February

PARK SEO JOON LEADS A REMARKABLE YOUTH UPRISING IN ITAEWON CLASS!

Moulding themselves to rebellious youth, Park Seo Joon and Kim Da Mi are set to chase their dreams while creating a ripple of change in the neighborhood of Itaewon.

Available on Netflix beginning February 1, the series tells the story of young people aiming to pursue freedom by aspiring to fulfill their dreams and denouncing illogical society rules.

In the released video by Netflix, a team of young people are shown joining together to challenge the irrational world that has been unfair to them. They start a restaurant business in a neighborhood where the food business is monopolized by a shrewd businessman.

Portraying Park Sae Roy is actor Park Seo Joon. Determined to live a life without regrets,  he wages war with his conviction and ambition against Jang Dae Hee (Yoo Jae Myung), a powerful food business owner.

Sae Roy will be helped by Cho Yi Seo (Kim Da Mi), a sociopath with a high IQ of 162. Excelling at everything she does, her goal in life is clear until she met her exact opposite Sae Roy.

From there, the two bond with fellow young people as they share mutual goals to start a “cool” revolt against the senseless world.Their story unfolds in Itaewon, a small neighborhood centered around a single street that seems to be a compact version of the entire world.

Spoiler

Itaewon Class

Itaewon Class Netflix

Creating a legend by chasing dreams and emancipating themselves from the dictated standards and rules, Itaewon Class youth are set to charm the audience with their extraordinary values and colors.

Itaewon Class begins streaming on Netflix starting February 1.

credit: 

sorry,i don’t know why stills look like that:unsure:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

Here is Kwon Nara interview for Marie Claire february issue. I translate it only Itaweon Class related part ^_^

IMG-20200124-061758.jpg

Source Marie Claire Korea

This year you start with Itaewon Class which made a webtoon from the same name into a drama. It's based on webtoon, not novel. The existing characters are much more specific. So i think it would be more difficult to prepare as an actor. 

I think about the synchro rate. In the original work, Oh Soo Ah, has red toned hair. When i saw senior Park Seo jun appeared with the same hairstyle as character in webtoon "Saeroy", i wanted to change my hairstyle like the original. My friend who saw the webtoon asked me why i didn't change it. However, Soo Ah in the drama has some changes compared to original. There's a narrative that makes Soo Ah the present. The other characters are geniuses. While they feel like heroes, Soo Ah is a realistic person. That's what i want to show. 

As an actor, you sometimes feel like you want to resemble your character. 

That's right. Soo Ah values herself more than others. Above all, put your dreams first. You can't live like that all the time, but sometimes you just need to think about yourself. 

The filming set, have you got used to it now? 
I have fun everyday. I used to be nervous and a little scared before. One day, senior Park Seo Jun told me that the filming site should be a playground. So we talk more and laugh more on site. And it makes filming much more comfortable. And this is My Mister (her previous drama) team. That's why it's more comfortable. They know how nervous i was, so they took care of me better. These days, i'm filming happily everyday. 

I hope it's understable. Please feel free to correct me if there's any mistakes in my translation :D

@serenilmauve @AsveriaPSJ ikr.. Not sure what they will show us in the preview. Hopefully lots of new contents, not the ones we've already seen like teaser, trailer, etc. X)) 

@emollienime It's okay dear. Thanks for your effort :blush:

Guys, it's longer version trailer! I'm crying it's so similar with webtoon :bawling:

• Love 3

@Anjalifairy , thank you for translation :wub:

I do think it’s better, that they kept Oh Soo Ah hair natural colors. In webtoon it’s okay, but for TV adaptation it’s better to keep characters more reliable;)))

I re-watched that 5 minute highlight at least 10 times now. A lot of things to talk about, but I’m afraid from my point it would be just too spoilery:lol: I like a lot of stuff, including, how actors and characters don’t look too “glossed up” in post-production;) And there is so many similarities, yet everything so charming;)))

Video from celebrity chefs on official JTBC IG account.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

Guuuys! You know I didn’t read anything and know nothing about webtoon, except small snippets and spoilers that you gals posted and let me tell you guys, it looks like sooo muuuch fun! 

That father and son scenes, that crying in the rain, that Oh Sooah feeling herself conflicted, that Jo Yiseo being crazy cool and man, that the hell is this? lol 

D21-FDB46-8944-4535-88-C5-0-BAC6042089-F

She literally landed on him looool And he is in such a cuuuteee costume :joy: What is it? A mascot? :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

30 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

@AsveriaPSJ Yeap;) DanBam mascot xD

lol, what a cute mascot))) 

Oh, also let me comment on the fact, that background music from almost all teasers indeed were an instrumental for OSTs :glasses: Sooo happy:)))
And I believe this one will be an opening theme?))

• Awesome 3

it’s not available in my country:tears:but i watched it on instagram anyway:Pi woke up so early today and i can’t go to sleep again now because of all that excitement^_^

i’m glad,that first teaser song made it to the soundtrack list^_^and i really liked park seojoon here.his character seems very nice:lol:

if you have same trouble as me:sweatingbullets:

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

The Trailer for Park Seo-Joon's New K-Drama "Itaewon Class" Is Finally Here

Suddenly, we're excited for Valentine's month!

The Trailer for Park Seo-Joon's New K-Drama "Itaewon Class" Is Finally Here

Park Seo-Joon’s finally returning to our screens for a swoon-worthy February with Netflix, and we can’t wait! After a year-and-a-half hiatus, Seo-Joon's making his TV comeback with Itaewon Class, where he's set to play the reckless yet ambitious Park Sae Roy, an ex-convict determined to get his food business, Dan Bam, off the ground against all odds. Joining his passionate plight is his misfit band of unusual employees like Cho Yi-seo (Kim Da Mi), a genius sociopath with a dark streak who also happens to be his restaurant’s manager; and Choi Seung Kwon (Ryu Kyung Soo), a former gang member turned Dan Bam employee. 

In an interview with Korean entertainment site Soompi, Seo-Joon revealed that he took on the the role after resonating with his character's undeniable drive and charm.  “Park Sae Roy was the biggest reason I decided to join the cast. He works really hard to protect his convictions, which is really charming. He’s got a much different charm than any other character I’ve played yet, so through this role I’ll be able to show yet another side of myself," he says. “I think people will be able to feel a sort of catharsis when they watch this drama, in seeing someone live their life completely unbending to anyone else’s will. I’ll strive to make sure that the heart-rending emotion and hilarious humor is conveyed well.”

Watch the full trailer to Itaewon Class, below.

credit: preview.ph//culture

• Like 3

6 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

I do think it’s better, that they kept Oh Soo Ah hair natural colors. In webtoon it’s okay, but for TV adaptation it’s better to keep characters more reliable;)))

I re-watched that 5 minute highlight at least 10 times now. A lot of things to talk about, but I’m afraid from my point it would be just too spoilery:lol: I like a lot of stuff, including, how actors and characters don’t look too “glossed up” in post-production;) And there is so many similarities, yet everything so charming;)))

Agree. I'm okay with black hair Soo Ah, bcs she is so pretty :love: So besides PSJ and KDM, LJY also going all out with her silver hair and ABH with his yellowish(?) hair ;))

Lol yeah we better refrain ourselves from giving spoilers :)) I was wondering if they would make Saeroy wearing that chestnust costume, and turned out he really did xD So.. How about that another costume on halloween? It's gonna be funny X))) 

5 hours ago, AsveriaPSJ said:

Guuuys! You know I didn’t read anything and know nothing about webtoon, except small snippets and spoilers that you gals posted and let me tell you guys, it looks like sooo muuuch fun! 

That father and son scenes, that crying in the rain, that Oh Sooah feeling herself conflicted, that Jo Yiseo being crazy cool and man, that the hell is this? lol 

She literally landed on him looool And he is in such a cuuuteee costume :joy: What is it? A mascot? :joy:

That father and son moments, Park Saeroy crying scene. I'm being emo for the 100th time :tears::tears::tears:

I didn't know that after slapping that particular woman, JYS said sorry but then followed with that little evil grin. Damn this girl was so scary and had no guilty feeling :joy:

3 hours ago, emollienime said:

it’s not available in my country:tears:but i watched it on instagram anyway:Pi woke up so early today and i can’t go to sleep again now because of all that excitement^_^

i’m glad,that first teaser song made it to the soundtrack list^_^and i really liked park seojoon here.his character seems very nice:lol:

What do you mean? The trailer is not available in your country? How about the preview? I missed the preview. I couldn't stream to JTBC. It kept asking me to refresh the page :crazy:Anyone experienced the same thing? 

Edit : lmfao guys, i just found out that today my device was actually connected with vpn. Like almost all day. That's why i could open the trailer on youtube without problem. Just now, i wanted to watch it again and i was surprised that it's not available in my country. Soon i realized my vpn was off :))) silly me X)) But still, it doesn't work for streaming though :crazy:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:
Spoiler

That father and son moments, Park Saeroy crying scene. I'm being emo for the 100th time :tears::tears::tears:

I didn't know that after slapping that particular woman, JYS said sorry but then followed with that little evil grin. Damn this girl was so scary and had no guilty feeling :joy:

Edit : lmfao guys, i just found out that today my device was actually connected with vpn. Like almost all day. That's why i could open the trailer on youtube without problem. Just now, i wanted to watch it again and i was surprised that it's not available in my country. Soon i realized my vpn was off :))) silly me X)) But still, it doesn't work for streaming though :crazy:

Which makes her awesome :glasses:

Oh, I use VPN too, but I couldn’t open video. Probably depends on what region/country you use. 

BTW, what happened to second preview? The one that they wanted to air around 18.10 SKT. Or they repeated today’s 5 minute trailer and we just misunderstood their time table?)))

• Like 3