[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

11 hours ago, pluviopmauve said:

Is it serious or more comedy like? Because I’m a bit confused. The genre of drama listed as “slice of life”, but, if I remember correctly, director said that they will work hard to make people laugh.

Yeah me too, bcs based on my understanding of what i read, it's more serious type. Of course there're light humor but you can't really expect it would be called comedy like any drama psj has done before. It's far from that. So i don't get why the director said so :joy: Or maybe they (director and writer) make a few changes in some parts to make it funnier (?) just wait n see :ph34r:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:

Yeah me too, bcs based on my understanding of what i read, it's more serious type. Of course there're light humor but you can't really expect it would be called comedy like any drama psj has done before. It's far from that. So i don't get why the director said so :joy: Or maybe they (director and writer) make a few changes in some parts to make it funnier (?) just wait n see :ph34r:

Yeah, we should probably just wait. But with original writer also being the one who adapts his work to the TV show I think it’s save to say, that they will not change theme and tone too much. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pluviopmauve said:

Yeah, we should probably just wait. But with original writer also being the one who adapts his work to the TV show I think it’s save to say, that they will not change theme and tone too much. 

That's what makes me relieved too, bcs the original writer writes the script for the drama as well. I read somewhere the webtoon is rated quite high tho. But do you perhaps know that usually dramas adapted from webtoon are written by the same original author or not? Like wwwsk for example, did the original writer also write for the drama script? I'm just curious :lol:

What are you doing oppa? Shopping? :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

9 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:

That's what makes me relieved too, bcs the original writer writes the script for the drama as well. I read somewhere the webtoon is rated quite high tho. But do you perhaps know that usually dramas adapted from webtoon are written by the same original author or not? Like wwwsk for example, did the original writer also write for the drama script? I'm just curious :lol:

What are you doing oppa? Shopping? :lol:

As I know it’s not common. Usually another scriptwriter(s) trend to adapt webtoon to TV shows. Original writer of WWWSK didn’t take part in adaptation, if I remember correctly. Because writing scripts for drama can be tricky compared to writing webtoon. So I hope original writer will do justice to his own work;) 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, pluviopmauve said:

As I know it’s not common. Usually another scriptwriter(s) trend to adapt webtoon to TV shows. Original writer of WWWSK didn’t take part in adaptation, if I remember correctly. Because writing scripts for drama can be tricky compared to writing webtoon. So I hope original writer will do justice to his own work;) 

Ah really? So it's a good thing for IC bcs after all he's the author of original work so even if there are a bit changes or additions to the story in drama, he's still the one who knows best how to keep story interesting and on track (at least i hope so) bcs i enjoyed the webtoon a lot.  But actually wwwsk is good too though the writer is different :D

Anyways, just friendly reminder to you, don't quote pics or gifs or videos. If you want to quote a post, just remove the pic/gif/video, only quote the text. That's soompi forums general rules :blush:

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

Ah really? So it's a good thing for IC bcs after all he's the author of original work so even if there are a bit changes or additions to the story in drama, he's still the one who knows best how to keep story interesting and on track (at least i hope so) bcs i enjoyed the webtoon a lot.  But actually wwwsk is good too though the writer is different :D

Anyways, just friendly reminder to you, don't quote pics or gifs or videos. If you want to quote a post, just remove the pic/gif/video, only quote the text. That's soompi forums general rules :blush:

Yeah, I know. I tried, but I couldn’t do it due to some difficulties. And after not being able to remove it for 5 minutes I decided to just go with it. Sorry;)

• Like 1

Update from Lee Joo Young instagram. She will act as Ma Hyun the head chef at Park Sae Roy's restaurant named Honey Night (based on what i read on webtoon). Just additional information, she won Actress of The Year at Busan International Film Festival last year from movie "Maggie". Looking forward to her acting in IC :D

With other IC casts (Ryu Kyung Soo and Kim Dong Hee) 

Just in case if you don't know the whole casts yet :blush:

• Like 1

Aah that's why the resto name where psj was spotted filming a couple days ago written in hangul means DanBam.. I was wondering why DanBam, isn't it KkulBam (honey night)?!

IMG-20191113-173144.jpg

bn-py2019-20191113-0001.jpg

So here i found the answer.. I read the article you @pluviopmauve post above tho (from aboutpsj), but i didn't realize it actually mentioned that they change the name :joy:

Yeah.. Danbam is another cool :blush:

• Like 3

Bless my eyes

Kim Da Mi for HighCut along with Blue Dragon Awards 2018 winners

Tony Hong (Hong Seok Cheon) to appear in IC

Caption : it's cold but you've worked hard for filming outdoor. Along with the cool and firm #ParkSeoJun and the rising star #KimDongHee and still me. 
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, pluviopmauve said:

I expected that they would offer HSC some kind of cameo in IC. I mean his restaurant pretty famous in Itaewon. Otherwise it would’ve been a missed opportunity;)

He will indeed be a cameo. Based on an article, he's cast bcs he has lived in itaewon for more than 20 years and owns many restaurants there. But his role has not been announced yet bcs the production team wants it to be surprised. Let's wait and see :)

• Like 2