[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

24 minutes ago, Yana Mujay said:

Hmm..

It'll be cruel and heartless tho 

Would it be he gone that's far?

Disparity and humility...the plots got widen and wild, i afraid the writers will lost something essential to told.

We are in eps 11 just left 5 episodes to fold the story's .

Whatever enough to tells the message in this rate.

if u ask me based on webtoon then 

Spoiler

yes it is happening i believe ( i dont have sub for the webtoon so idk for sure but from the picture i think it is ) 

@Alice Wonderland

no geum soo is surely bad guy here why? first he bait yi seo with the question about he taking over jangga. and then the nail in the coffin is the question about sae ro yi feeling for yi seo. even hyun ni knows how bad he was for asking both question. and destroy yi seo 2 year plan to slowly be in psr heart. 

and believe me psr is not rejecting her straightfoward. he just got eaten by geum soo word. 

dont give her hope ( after yi seo get out and he told him to dont go to yi seo ) ofcourse this imply that geum soo had his eyes on yi seo and knowing how kind saeroyi is to not take what someone have ofcourse it play a part for him to reject yi seo. but he never give a clear reason why because deep down he dont know it either. 

now i wonder how soo ah will react to this. based on the preview it seems she will finally make the move. i really angry that she was essesiantly a filler in the past couple episode when there are a meet up. she was just like a decoration and there only to listen and almost 0 freaking impact. like cmon writter i know u add her for a reason but wth? like when psr got mad at jys and she was randomly there..... atleast utilize her characther more instead of being a filler. 

btw i had some theory.

the current timeline is early 2018(?) because the danbam reopening and some sort is on early 2017 and we got two month of suspension and then the grand reopening and doing well. ofcourse the kicked part and all the arc. 

now the end of ep 11 is on winter so i guess it is either december 2017/january 2018? 

it is interesting that yi seo mention two years plan i am wondering if it means they want to jump into 2020 for the endgame? 

who knows what happen. 

is it enough for all that happen after ep 3 until ep 11 in under 1 year?  i think so because the scene like geum won is not winter obviously seems like autumn.

what do you guys think?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've never been more excited to see how they'll build everything back up after last night's heartbreak and the next episode's heartbreak too (based on the preview). I like this stormy, chaotic part and I'm looking forward to seeing how they will tie everything up towards the webtoon's ending. :D:wub:

Kim Dami as always. Her scenes are really awesome for a rookie actor. I'm looking forward to her upcoming film remake of SoulMate, the Chinese movie. I watched it just to see what the story is like and daaaaaaang, I'm pumped up.

Hang in their Yiseo!

• Like 4

@lollyminx

KDM is just so great, isnt she. I love the moment when JYS started tearing when SRY said he doesnt have any feelings towards her. When her face scrunched as she lowers her face & tears drop. KDM is so cute. Her face is so squishy. Its been a joy watching her in this show. 

It seems KDM is booked & busy which is kudos for her. I hope she gets more roles for tv drama. I would love to see her in a historical/period piece. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

16 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

if u ask me based on webtoon then 

Hide contents

yes it is happening i believe ( i dont have sub for the webtoon so idk for sure but from the picture i think it is ) 

btw i had some theory.

the current timeline is early 2018(?) because the danbam reopening and some sort is on early 2017 and we got two month of suspension and then the grand reopening and doing well. ofcourse the kicked part and all the arc. 

now the end of ep 11 is on winter so i guess it is either december 2017/january 2018? 

it is interesting that yi seo mention two years plan i am wondering if it means they want to jump into 2020 for the endgame? 

who knows what happen. 

is it enough for all that happen after ep 3 until ep 11 in under 1 year?  i think so because the scene like geum won is not winter obviously seems like autumn.

what do you guys think?

Loves your details information 

I have no ideas about all the season, what's i knew is the range of the story get switched to fast we just get the surface and ended in another falls, the fallen it self not because the genuine of the effort its look just side effect from the one who has done the wrong deed or we says a karma.

I want something real the brilliant actions which comes from DB team not just random pick and then failed.

So there will time jump heh..

Whenever that's happened it more meaningful when after so many blows SR and DB get wiser and alerts what a kind games they're played and J.co capabilities to dragged them anytime.

2 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Yup I agreed. GS is better for her. LOL. Cause he likes her for whatever she is. It would ne happier if the writer didn't force the limp pairing among the four. Both SY and SA like each other, then be it. GS like YS, just let him pursue her properly. I'm so done with the loveline. It's so annoying. At this rate I want the character rebels like what DO did in EY. :lol:

Since it's all about the dreamer and idealist park SY, so at least I want they show us something like his great tackles in business. So far it's just the talk and the bluffing from him. I want to see how he really acts to achieve his dream. They keep stumbling after two or three steps. Sighh

Feelings are not “give and take” deal. And at this point it’s more forced with Gun Soo and Yi Seo. Sae Roy makes her grow as a person. Gun Soo stagnant. 

And when the business was about smooth sailing? Of course they will have problems along the way. 
And Sae Roy didn’t “just talk and bluff”. He wanted to build a franchise. He worked hard to open pub, met the right people to help him along the way (every successful person does), brought the building, restored a bit neighborhood, met investors, negotiated the deal. No successful person does everything by himself. They give direction, move in that direction and have a group of people to help them to achieve their goals.

• Like 7

At this point I don’t see how SRY and YS can be end game. (I know they’re supposed to be) But it’s already half way through the drama and I don’t see how SRY can all of a sudden veer lanes and stop liking SA and start liking YS. I want to see him finally chasing after her and being there for her... but up until this point I haven’t really seen him show any signs that he cares for her beyond that as danban family. 

Anyone that reads the WEBTOON, care to enlighten me how this happens?!  

• Like 2

Just my personal opinion ^_^ Idk about you guys, but it's a bit strange for me that Ma Hyuni came out of nowhere back from vacation, with drastic change in appearance after successfully undergoing surgery. Then she immediately joined the cooking competition, where she won 1st place 2 rounds in a row. I just felt it's too hasty  to put this part before time skip without them showing us proper process/story to convince and make us (viewers) believe that her cooking skills has indeed improved significantly. Whereas in the webtoon, this part occurs after time skip, 7 years later, where I.C has become an established company with hundreds of branches. I think it would make more sense with such conditions. That way viewers naturally assume, within 7 years, Ma Hyuni must have improved a lot. I know drama is drama, webtoon is webtoon. But in this case, i can't help comparing which one is make more sense.

For the timeskip, i guess they will jump to the next 2 or 3 years from current timeline.

Spoiler

Btw i just found out that webtoon has 5 additional special chapters. Just read 2 of them. The time setting is 20 years later. But i don't think drama will reach that far tho ^_^

Btw, this scene really cracked me up :lol:

GIF-200307-005656.gif

OMG JYS is sooooo childish. Look at the sudden change in her facial expression. From like a happy kid to total b**** face)))

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

5 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

MHY & TK focus in this episode was good. It was a rather eventful episode. MHY & JYS together is so cuuute. TK finding about more about his birthside :tears:. I suprised & ecstatic that SRY took JYS advice & went through with it. Seeing them communicating/on the same page is a nice touch! GS's transition into the a antagonist feels odd? Or isn't just me? I'm all for a good antagonist but him acting this way feels a bit too late/shoehorned into the show? I have many thoughts about SRY & JYS in this ep, especially during

Reveal hidden contents

team dinner & rejection scene.

It seems like chaos ensues which has to do something with the competition & Danbam in ep 12? 

Reveal hidden contents

I didn't see JYS anywhere:crazy:. She better bring her cute patootie back to Danbam & help them lol.  If SA tells SRY what I think she is going to say, she isnt fit alongside him when things gets rough

/bad. I'm not even talking about from a romantic standpoint, but just as a simple friend. Telling SRY to give up everything, I'm assuming like his revenge & Danbam, to be with her is???

Also JYS cutting through SRY & SA locked arms lol. 

Gun Soo was on jealous mode ever since he was rejected. Which is like episode 7? It’s not sudden change in him. He learned from Sae Roy how to be firm on what he wants to achieve and his feelings for Yi Seo (she is well-known person with sociopath decisions) making him at least very much questionable. Plus he has his sick dad to teach him how to be “a smarter man/businessman” and ultimately...he is still just 20-21 years old kid. They trend to make most stupid and heartless decisions, if no one there to correct them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

Btw, I love that SRY considers JYS a friend & partner. Also, KDM & PSJ ears were sooo red during the confession/rejection scene lol. The rejection scene was so realistically (prettily)done & diff than other dramas. Her tears :tears:. Its like those tears in a Ghibli film. 

@greenwatch08 You are absolutely correct.  When I met the lovely lady that would eventually become my wife, we started out as co-workers where I worked as an intern and she was a caseworker.  We would talk over coffee in the mornings about many things and eventually became friends.  A little later in time we began working together as part of the same team and she was my supervisor.  By working together and forming a friendship, we both realized there was a lot more to our relationship than just being coworkers and friends.  Now we have been married for 36 years.

I believe the road that SRY and JYS are traveling on together will eventually bring them to realize how important they are to each other and why they should be together.  Having challenges to go through generally makes the relationship stronger if they work as a team.  I think this is where the show will eventually take us in the end.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@serenilmauve

Like hes genuinely a good kid & he admires SRY alot. I think if it had happen earlier with a gradual approach, it would feel more natural? I'm not against GS being on the antagonist side, I'm just curious it happened this late into the show. 

@Anjalifairy

That scene was so amusing. I honestly cant believe that SRY does not see/connect the dots that JYS likes him more than a boss. I know he has alot to carry/on his plate but JYS is dropping huge hints lol. I'm not sure how he entirely feels about her either but I love his face reaction & the way he responds to all the questions regarding JYS. Hes thinking very intently about it for some reason. Usually, if a person doesnt indeed like someone, they either scoff or say it outright but SRY ponders alot & responds carefully. It's like hes tiptoeing around his answers. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Kim dami is such a fanatsic actress. Such a breathe of fresh air and she has landed big endorsement. I know her rise to top is amazing. She got her major movie role last year and sweeped all new actresses award but IC has given her mainstream popularity.  In era of bad idols who take away roles from such actors, she proved there is new gen of actresses who can actually act and isn't your typical  k beauty who can't act to save their lives.

And ic success and her rise in stardom, she is reaping benefit.

Benefit cosmetics under LVMH signed her. What s big endorsement.  You can't call it offtopic because it is due to IC's massive success. Glad to see such good actress landing such endorsements. I am sure nara is getting big offers too and PSJ is already a CF king

But i am happy for dami . She must be filled with offers from different companies. And signed such big cosmetic contract.  Her rise to top is so quick and amazing.

K.Dami deserves it.She is the one that kept me in Itaewon Class.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greenwatch08 said:

I love the moment when JYS started tearing when SRY said he doesnt have any feelings towards her.

YES! She's a natural born actor. You can really tell she's not there to act. She's there as Jo Yiseo. 

The moments that felt sooo natural to me include the moment she was internally screaming that she's Saeroyi's first kiss, when she cried at the table after hearing Saeroyi he never liked her, then when she was saying "I love you" multiple times, like her heart's about to burst, when she cried after hearing Saeroyi say "No" that it will never happen, and then when she was crying at the crosswalk. 

Her eyes are very expressive but at the same time, she doesn't try that hard. Or maybe she does, I don't know, but for some reason, I just feel like, she doesn't try too hard and just acts naturally. She understands her character really well. She controls her emotions and responses too, making her look like just everybody else, like you know, "Oh, if I were in her situation, I'd react  that way too," or "I can see her responses would be the average response of real people in that situation." She isn't going overboard with her acting. 

I'll be following her future projects from now on, that remake of SoulMate included Hahahaha because there are two main actors in that movie. One is reserved, one is a rebel. Based on her range, I think she'll be the rebel in the remake, and I'm so darn excited to see her play that role. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I don’t know if anyone noticed, but I think Park Saeroy kinda reveled in his talk with Jo Yiseo, why he is clinging to Oh Sooah. She basically promised to him, that once he becomes rich, she will accept his feeling. “You said you will accept his feelings, if everything goes smooth, that’s how it’s suppose to be...” (or something along this line). What’s happening right now between Yiseo and Gunsoo mirrors what happened between Sooah and Saeroy, but Yiseo made it clear to Gunsoo, that she is in love with someone else, while Sooah is still playing push and pull games with Saeroy.

• Like 11

Hey there, I've been watching Itaewon Class since episode 4 and let me just say it bought me back to watching dramas after a long hiatus. Tbh I'm not much of a psj fan in terms of his previous works, but this is an exception. The storyline and characters are just...wow. This is the first time I've seen a female lead like yiseo who isn't the typical goody-two-shoes. I enjoy seeing how flawed she is, and how she's slowly learning to be a better person. As for the side characters, I like how the writer addresses important issues and incorporates people from various backgrounds, it's a refreshing sight especially in a country that's known to be very conservative. 

Actually, some of the few complaints I do have are that some parts feel draggy and I find myself skipping scenes. Also, I know some of you here might not exactly be the biggest fans of Soo Ah (I know am not), but I do feel that she deserves a little more screen time, as in the writer could show her plotting or something, instead of hanging out with the Danbam crew which comes off as extremely forced and awkward. I understand if she and PSR hang out together just the two of them, but it's ridiculous how she's included in almost every meeting/reunion. Heck, they can't even play a simple game of truth and dare without her being there *rolls eyes*

As for, Geun Soo's character, well what is there to say? Poor guy is under the delusion that he has a chance when he's been rejected from the get-go. Hopefully, he'll be smarter than his brother and not allow himself to be manipulated by their heartless father. It'll be great to see him come to his senses and help PSR at the end. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

@larrysouth

I think SRY has found a kindred spirit in JYS even if they are complete polar opposite. They have the same

goal/ambition in hindsight. JYS is someone he definitely depends on/console with all the time. Even though he doesnt like her romantically & rejects her, I think they are going to be together for a long time, since they both built Danbam as their big dream as business partners. SRY saying JYS is his friend & 'partner' speaks volume. To me, speaking from a partnership/love standpoint, SA represents

his past & present. JYS represents his present & future. Something is bound to come in fruition even if not now(if the writer proceeds to make them a pair). 

Judging from the preview for the next ep, I'm not sure what happens but there seems to be a fallout and SA tells SRY to drop everything & to come back to her? SRY built his life back on revenge & Danbam, he's not giving up so willingly. To tell him that is a big NO. He needs tells her NO lol. SRY has been understanding with SA in her career/goal working for J Co./JDH & doesnt expect anything from her in return. She cant carry the burden/built to endure the rough/bad times along SRY now, how will she manage on the longrun/future when J Co/JDH is still his enemy? I honestly dont know if SRY will still like her. It will be mind boggling if he still does. I think they will still be friends since SRY is not the kind of person to cut ties with friends he makes. 

Btw, SRY is not a 'bad guy' for rejecting JYS. I also think he was taken aback by the sudden confession as he didnt know what to think of it at that moment. I think alot of emotion was going through his head since this is the first time someone said they love him. Atleast hes aware of JYS feelings now lol. I'm excited to see how it pans out in ep12.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, greenwatch08 said:

I'm just curious it happened this late into the show. 

I guess because the writer has to create a new conflict. Lol

I'm just guessing it all may be solved in the last minutes. But I hope I'm wrong. With the remaining episodes, let's see how things unfold for the rest. 

2 hours ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

I want to see him finally chasing after her and being there for her... but up until this point I haven’t really seen him show any signs that he cares for her beyond that as danban family. 

I think he's not gonna chasing her. His goal is to get revenge to JDH by being more successful than him for what I've seen so far. Like someone ever said IC is not our usual romance drama. He cares for her indeed but it's more like love for friendship and family not a lover. But well I might be wrong cause we still have some episodes left. Nothing is for sure until it happens right? So I'll just watch how it goes then. 

@Samuel Yohanes I know. His trick is just bad. And I didn't mean saying he's not. He's trying to break YS's feeling in hope she'll stop liking SR. But thanks to him now SR knows YS's feeling. I feel pretty upset that almost everyone notice it while he's not. I can't help seeing him being so dense not knowing her feelings all this time. 

@serenilmauve thanks for pinpointing out what he's done so far. But I'm really getting tired seeing him being defeated or cheated all the episodes. And we can only see his victory at the final. That's a bit predictable imo. I expect some plot twist one or two to happen somehow. 

• Like 2

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 03. 06. 8:47 PM

"Itaewon Class": Park Seo Joon straightforwardly refuses Kim Dami's confession

ED8E3B87-1EFE-44E4-8127-FCC0517CBB73.jpg

In the new episode of drama "Itaewon Class", Kim Dami confessed with Park Seo Joon but she was rejected. Kim Dami was deeply hurt by the definitive refusal that he had never seen her as a woman. The image of her crying out touched viewers.

In episode 11 aired on March 6 of the Fri-Sat drama "Itaewon Class" (JTBC), Kim Dong Hee (as Jang Geun Soo) quitted his job at Danbam because his desire to have Kim Dami (as Jo Yi Seo) is getting bigger uncontrollably. Leaving Danbam, Kim Dong Hee went to find Yoo Jae Myung (as Jang Dae Hee) and said that he would learn everything as Jangga's heir.

The members of Danbam have worked hard to win in the "Best Pub" contest. Lee Joo Young (as Ma Hyun Yi) gained victory thanks to the secret of the curry powder that she accidentally added. Participating in the "Best Pub" contest has brought Danbam a great marketing effect and an appropriate opportunity to brand Danbam. At this time, there have been people who want to invest in the pub. Therefore, the value of Danbam skyrocketed from 5 billion won to 10 billion won.

The winner in the second round of "Best Pub" was also Lee Joo Young. Then, Park Seo Joon (as Park Sae Ro Yi) prepared a party to celebrate. The party featured the participation of Kim Dong Hee and Kwon Nara (as Oh Soo Ah). However, while everyone was playing the truth-telling game, the emotions that could not be hidden was exposed outside. Kim Dong Hee expressed feelings for Kim Dami and asked if Park Sae Ro Yi ever considered Kim Dami a woman.

After Park Seo Joon answered, "I have never viewed her as a woman," Kim Dami felt hurt and went out. She frankly expressed, "I had been planning for 2 years but it all broke down because of Geun Soo. I love you." However, Park Seo Joon mentioned Kim Dong Hee's affection and the 10-year gap between the two's age and refused Kim Dami's confession. Kim Dami asked again, "Dislike is simply dislike. I have absolutely no chance, right?" but she was rejected again.

The image of Kim Dami slumping and sobbing on the street made the audience feel heartbroken. For Kim Dami - who always frankly expressed her heart for Park Seo Joon without being afraid of anything, Park Seo Joon's immediate refusal was a bitter moment.

"Reporter Hwang So Young hwang.soyoung@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home"

————

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 03. 06. 8:43 PM

Newest OST by Yoon Mi Rae causes sensation thanks to "Itaewon Class" syndrome

1AB36C08-DBBC-4070-A203-684C32B399EE.jpg

Yoon Mi Rae is asserting the power of an OST queen.

The OST "Say" of the Fri-Sat drama "Itaewon Class" (JTBC) out on February 22 is receiving immense love when entering digital music charts. Like this hottest drama, the song has grabbed much attention from the audience as soon as it appeared in the film.

Yoon Mi Rae is confirming herself as an "OST queen" when constantly getting chances to perform theme songs of hot dramas from OST "Flower" of the weekend drama "Crash Landing on You" to "Itaewon Class". Besides, she participated in singing OSTs for "Legend of the Blue Sea", "Descendants of the Sun", hereby being called the "first OST queen".

With her subtle voice, the song "Say" presented by Yoon Mi Rae will convey the growing affection of Kim Dami (as Yi Seo) for Park Seo Joon (as Sae Ro Yi). All the sentences, from the farewell "Off you go then", the worry "It's late", comforting words "Are you okay?", to the promise "See you tomorrow"  are common in everyday life but portrayed as emotional ups and downs through Yoon Mi Rae's gnawing voice. The singer enables the listener to feel the climax of loneliness reigning in the hidden corner of love.

Shaking off the previous soulfulness, Yoon Mi Rae is applying a more simple vocal technique and showing a wider music spectrum.

Reporter Hwang So Young /hwang.soyoung@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1