[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

39 minutes ago, emollienime said:

@Latte_Anyday what kind of momentum you’re talking about?

@x75274 not sure why you watching drama just to twist things about jo yiseo... 

gunsoo seriously doing all those stuff,huh?<_<

Dont like JYS...at all. In fact, the more I see her, the more annoyed I get. In reality no self-respecting guy (or girl) could like a girl like this. PSR shutting her out completely in the bluntest way possible and destroying her ego is a beautiful sight in itself but more importantly, his sense of clarity in terms of who he likes and what kind of relationship he wants to have with each person he knows is the sense of focus and directness everyone should have.

5 minutes ago, x75274 said:

Dont like JYS...at all. In fact, the more I see her, the more annoyed I get. In reality no self-respecting guy (or girl) could like a girl like this. PSR shutting her out completely in the bluntest way possible and destroying her ego is a beautiful sight in itself but more importantly, his sense of clarity in terms of who he likes and what kind of relationship he wants to have with each person he knows is the sense of focus and directness everyone should have.

disliking her and actively twisting things about her is two different things.but no wonder,if we remember what you wrote before about her.

also,considering that she is a female lead i would get ready in your place.you maybe up to big disappointment about where park saeroy’s feelings actually stand in reality^_^

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

I feel terrible, my poor heart cries with YS :tears: I may borrow SRY's word "it's bound to happen" . It's heartbreaking how she had hope with the SRY's words can't blame the guy, from the start he seeks her for business advice. Their first encounter is just him really being upright and that's just him.

Spoiler

*bleep* my heart crushed when YS told him "I don't expect you to understand me... This is me", "see me for what I really am" the real score between SRY and YS. He seriously had no idea why is YS sticking or came to DanBam that just hurts so bad, GS and YS even threw huge hints but yeah can't blame the guy if he really had no feelings for her, romantically. At first, I thought she was really confident.. so it was all just 'fighting-style' she herself knew she doesn't stand a chance, she is willing to invest 2 years of her life to try and win him, *sighs*  the tenacity she learned from her boss, well thanks to SRY.. she won't waste couple years for that.

Overall, I think YS liking SRY had her back in life.. I thought she just goes with it, I meant for DanBam crew was just all for SRY.. but it wasn't the case, I was badly mistaken. She did adjust, tried to be understanding and eventually accepted the things she'll never bat an eye with before, her relationship with HY proves that she grew in a +note.

With TK didn't see that coming all I thought was the grandma in the alley was someone who is somehow related to Jangga Co. HY sure knows what's going on, she's a manager material. SK thinks the same with the chestnut minus the mischievousness (romance dept) GS, hmm.. GS is digesting everything, man-ing up with his decision.. Yea sure he's acting the bad guy with the chef but he did the right move, for me it's all just reality hitting him hard in regard of business.. but went a total jerk with truth or dare game, jerk in a way that it's excusable for me, imo. Romantic feelings will always have expectation just like JYS with SRY.. GS is claiming a mark on her and is checking on where he stands, I mean his purpose maybe selfish but it also helps JYS to get her feelings across.. but was still a trash move. Gotta say, GS he just earned a spot on the poker table.

Now that it seems JYS is going MIA for a while, clearly seen on the preview that JYS is the brain of DanBam we'll see the team struggle without the bad richard simmons kid leader also the perfect time to know if the drama could hold the glamour. 

Personal thoughts: No hard feelings with SRY, he simply doesn't like her back. JYS tasting her first defeat, looking forward on how she'll manage. HY, GO GIRL!!! SK the catalyst lol. SA, glad that she's finally back on track with her character. I'm nervous with 5 episode left with the pending time skip, I seriously hope that it's not going to look like it's being rushed. 

• Like 1

Kim Da Mi is such a pleasure to watch, she's so good. I just want to squeeze her even when she's being bad. When she was silently crying at the table :cry:

This episode was a filler I guess, but I'm glad that Kim Tony got the backstory and screentime he deserved. I was under the impression that he was adopted? But no he's actually blood Korean? Kinda wish they had chosen an actual biracial actor if that's the case, but Chris Lyon is great and he fits right in. Awesome to see an actual black character in a Kdrama, as there is an increasing number of black people in SK. 

I can't figure PSRY out when it comes to his love life. :grimace: Is he actually that damn clueless or was he choosing to ignore YS's obvious feelings for him? Does he actually like SA or is that relationship all he's ever known, and he can't open his mind to new possibilities? He needs to be without YS for a while, just to see what he's missing. Trust me, when you're a bad b***h they always come crawling back. :glasses:

Also, Geun Soo needs to go sit down somewhere. He's doing too much. Like, I get it but calm down dude.

• Like 11

MHY & TK focus in this episode was good. It was a rather eventful episode. MHY & JYS together is so cuuute. TK finding about more about his birthside :tears:. I suprised & ecstatic that SRY took JYS advice & went through with it. Seeing them communicating/on the same page is a nice touch! GS's transition into the a antagonist feels odd? Or isn't just me? I'm all for a good antagonist but him acting this way feels a bit too late/shoehorned into the show? I have many thoughts about SRY & JYS in this ep, especially during

Spoiler

team dinner & rejection scene.

It seems like chaos ensues which has to do something with the competition & Danbam in ep 12? 

Spoiler

I didn't see JYS anywhere:crazy:. She better bring her cute patootie back to Danbam & help them lol.  If SA tells SRY what I think she is going to say, she isnt fit alongside him when things gets rough

/bad. I'm not even talking about from a romantic standpoint, but just as a simple friend. Telling SRY to give up everything, I'm assuming like his revenge & Danbam, to be with her is???

Also JYS cutting through SRY & SA locked arms lol. 

• Like 1

National ratings

Top 10 Household Watching Rates

(Analytical standard: National, paid platform joining units, unit:%)
ranking channel program rating
One JTBC Geumto Drama (Itaewon Class) 13.798

Seoul ratings

Top 10 Household Watching Rates
(Based on analysis: metropolitan area, households with paid platform, unit:%)
ranking channel program rating
One JTBC Geumto Drama (Itaewon Class)

Now it has entered double digit ratings, so there will always be minor decrease or increase every week till finale. Nothing to be worry about.. it is first decrease since the show started. Still great ratings.

Btw national average for 11 episodes is

117.406÷11=10.673

We are already averaging 10.7% for season

With 5 episodes to go.

A cable drama averaging in double digits is considered a massive blockbuster. And ic has achieved that already!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Oh yi seo ya... she breaks my heart with her confession. Such a great emotion and acting! I never really cry for a scene like this. But KDM's acting is just so great to make me tear up with YS. The tear which flows down her cheek right after GS crushes her almost burst bubbles is just a heartfelt yet so wrenching. So if the writer wants to continue with the triangle trope. He better goes with these three, SY-YS-GS. And I will root GS even more. Hahaha. YS yaa forget your boss, jebal! 

But the triangle is just a side story of this right... so well... let's see what happens next. It seems another typhoon is going on SY's way, preying on new growing Danbam. 5 eps left, I am really tired if they have to back to zero again after this. And a jam-packed ending won't be too good either. 

• Like 3

Our baddass SY will definitely come back and slay everyone with her amazing mind to save Dambam.  Cos i strongly believe she cannot afford to see SRY suffer and be bitter alone.  That is how much she loves him.  Something she hates herself and find herself just as stupid as many humans.

SRY is so angry in the preview.  He probably feels the same impulse anger that he could not control during his youth.  With SA requesting him to give up everything and be with her will be the first crack between them.  I guess first crack for SRY to realise this is not the woman he really wants.

• Like 5

Kim dami is such a fanatsic actress. Such a breathe of fresh air and she has landed big endorsement. I know her rise to top is amazing. She got her major movie role last year and sweeped all new actresses award but IC has given her mainstream popularity.  In era of bad idols who take away roles from such actors, she proved there is new gen of actresses who can actually act and isn't your typical  k beauty who can't act to save their lives.

And ic success and her rise in stardom, she is reaping benefit.

Benefit cosmetics under LVMH signed her. What s big endorsement.  You can't call it offtopic because it is due to IC's massive success. Glad to see such good actress landing such endorsements. I am sure nara is getting big offers too and PSJ is already a CF king

But i am happy for dami . She must be filled with offers from different companies. And signed such big cosmetic contract.  Her rise to top is so quick and amazing.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Has anyone noticed how SRY never said he doesn't like YS? First he said she's mistaken about her feelings, then brought up GS, then brought up the age difference and finally said "don't like me". But never once did he say "I don't like you". I guess that's good news. He hasn't had the inner monologue like YS for us to know how he truly feels about her :D

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

SRY either doesnt like JYS romantically or he's in denial/bewildered that there might be growing feelings. The touches & looks SRY gives JYS (ex: the smiles during the visit to LHJ, held JYS close on Danbam Roof discussing business)ofcourse can be read as platonic but seem rather different in this ep than previous occurrences.

Btw, KDM's acting is so great & the way she as JYS plays off PSJ as SRY's responses is so goood!

She's such a great crier. The team dinner/truth or dare game was interesting since it sheds light on SRY & JYS's relationship to eachother. There was so much nuance in SRY's face expression towards JYS. One thing I noticed about SRY is everytime a question is asked regarding JYS, he pauses & ponders on it for slight second, making it seems he's being cautious of what he is going to say. When asked if he wants to know anything about JYS, he looks at her intently, pauses as to think, & replies with a 'No, I know everything about her.' GS seems like he was testing SRY's reaction too when he made the bold statement as to insinuate JYS & GS were a 'thing' to which JYS says 'hell no' lol. SRY took a long pause to answer if he ever kissed anyone in which he says no. I'm not sure if he realized the JYS did kissed him or he just thought of it as a dream? SRY even pauses/thinks for a while when asked if he had feelings for JYS before. Also, SRY gives her several statements/ideas instead of telling her outright he doesnt like her that way. He tells her not to like him, rather than 'I dont like you' (romantically). 

Btw, I love that SRY considers JYS a friend & partner. Also, KDM & PSJ ears were sooo red during the confession/rejection scene lol. The rejection scene was so realistically (prettily)done & diff than other dramas. Her tears :tears:. Its like those tears in a Ghibli film. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, softestfairy said:

I think this is the first drama I've seen where the love triangle is between 2 girls and 1 guy...i like it. Are there any other kdramas like that? :blink:

There are quite a few, but normally the second female lead tends to be a terrible human being for most of the drama. But my favorite second female lead ever is Yoon So-Hee in The Emperor: Owner of the Mask.

No way, Seroy didn't remember his first kissB) he event felt fazed when sobered up  in the hospital bed!:) he just too concerned about GS feelings  that's made him close his heart to acknowledge YS feeling .

And it seems Jenga did knocked him down again?

Who's is get involved in the scams now? OSH & GS?

Or the slime old fox itself?

Time to survival with DB own strength their cores business is about people's so SR should refine his business values which it more sustainable  .

Time to uses the old lady fortunes to reinstate IC and to safe his idealistic business.

6 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Idk what it is but it feels like this drama has lost its momentum. But gosh my heart breaks for dear Yi Seo..:bawling: she deserves better.. well at least there's Geun Soo LoL. Then again the heart wants what it wants tsk:sleepy:  you just can't make someone love you when they don't. 

Yup I agreed. GS is better for her. LOL. Cause he likes her for whatever she is. It would ne happier if the writer didn't force the limp pairing among the four. Both SY and SA like each other, then be it. GS like YS, just let him pursue her properly. I'm so done with the loveline. It's so annoying. At this rate I want the character rebels like what DO did in EY. :lol:

Since it's all about the dreamer and idealist park SY, so at least I want they show us something like his great tackles in business. So far it's just the talk and the bluffing from him. I want to see how he really acts to achieve his dream. They keep stumbling after two or three steps. Sighh

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, Yana Mujay said:

No way, Seroy didn't remember his first kissB) he event felt fazed when sobered up  in the hospital bed!:) he just too concerned about GS feelings  that's made him close his heart to acknowledge YS feeling .

And it seems Jenga did knocked him down again?

Who's is get involved in the scams now? OSH & GS?

Or the slime old fox itself?

Time to survival with DB own strength their cores business is about people's so SR should refine his business values which it more sustainable  .

Time to uses the old lady fortunes to reinstate IC and to safe his idealistic business.

if i remember correctly the hidden trump card for geum soo is

Spoiler

hyun ni transgender. and it can set back danbam alot and will create chaos too especially she was the face of danbam after won the competition

• Love 1

1 hour ago, sodarn said:

Has anyone noticed how SRY never said he doesn't like YS? First he said she's mistaken about her feelings, then brought up GS, then brought up the age difference and finally said "don't like me". But never once did he say "I don't like you". I guess that's good news. He hasn't had the inner monologue like YS for us to know how he truly feels about her :D

But he clearly rejects her. YS asked him again whether be possible for him to like her as a woman. He said no. It breaks my heart. But well it's good I guess. He didn't give her false hope. And GS didn't ruin her plan. GS is right to make things clear. But his way is quite heartless. And yup he makes excuses before he turns her down. I guess he tries to find better words not to hurt her. But it ended up she's getting hurt. Poor YS, that's the burden of one sided love. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Kvothe said:

There are quite a few, but normally the second female lead tends to be a terrible human being for most of the drama. But my favorite second female lead ever is Yoon So-Hee in The Emperor: Owner of the Mask.

I don't count female second leads because imo it's never a real triangle. As in, the ML never actually likes the FSL back, if not totally despising her. That's a whole other discussion because I have so many problems with the evil FSL trope.  But the FL is usually fond of the second male lead.

IC is interesting bc I feel like the relationship dynamics are "flipped" if you will. 

14 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

if i remember correctly the hidden trump card for geum soo is

Hide contents

hyun ni transgender. and it can set back danbam alot and will create chaos too especially she was the face of danbam after won the competition

Hmm..

It'll be cruel and heartless tho 

Would it be he gone that's far?

Disparity and humility...the plots got widen and wild, i afraid the writers will lost something essential to told.

We are in eps 11 just left 5 episodes to fold the story's .

Whatever enough to tells the message in this rate.

• Like 1