[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

@NaYouSabi?

Alright. I wasnt sure because earlier you quoted me with just the word 'wrong' so I was confused & thought you were referring to my previous post on the other page. 

I'm a fan of JYS & its understandable for viewers to dislike/even hate her character because of the things she does or says. She doesnt get a pass just because she's a main character & I acknowledge that side of her which I mentioned in many posts previously. I also see you like SA alot, which is cool. But I just dont find SA all that engaging to watch.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

@NaYouSabi?

Alright. I wasnt sure because earlier you quoted me with just the word 'wrong' so I was confused & thought you were referring to my previous post on the other page. 

I'm a fan of JYS & its understandable for viewers to dislike/even hate her character because of the things she does or says. She doesnt get a pass just because she's a main character & I acknowledge that side of her which I mentioned in many posts previously. I also see you like SA alot, which is cool. But I just dont find SA all that engaging to watch.

nah i meant wrong as in it , posted while i was still typing ....i was too lazy to explain ...

• LOL 1

On 2/19/2020 at 5:59 PM, Whisper2 said:

In PSR's position, the best thing I can do is to understand her choices but also acknowledge that we can no longer be friends. Forgiveness shall not be asked, and don't have to be given. Also doesn't matter she is right or wrong from a third person view.

Curtains should be closed and we would be strangers. If SA is up for business rivalry, be my guest. No apology expected or given. But like i mentioned PSR's character is persistent and sometimes stubborn.. author wants him to be a saint.

I prefer if PSR estranged SA earlier. He was already cold to SA by the end of ep 6 (he thinks SA reported him, she ask him not to like her, his TV show got sabotaged after he told SA about it). Even though there were some misunderstandings, I was glad to observe PSR having the ability to keep distance with SA.

But then YS told him the truth (I applaud her for that for her character growth)... here comes the back and forth again for PSR x SA

And yes I enjoy when characters have duality in them which is not common in kdrama world. They add more layers to the story. 

:thumbsup: 

Today episode is mostly about Power struggle but i enjoy most of it.

The interaction between PSR and JYS is so good in today episode. PSR seems to care for her. And The confession in monologue from JYS yet touch my heart again. 

Well JDH is such a coward to buy out the Building. 

Based on preview i guess the fight between PSR and JYS is too teach her the fudamental about the DanBam ( Everyone need to stay strong together ) nobody left behind same case like hyun ni problem. I guess psr and jys will make up later on the episode and they will bond even further.

And wow Tony cant speak english but fluent in french hahaha. He will get toasted by yi seo if she found out lmaoo.

Soo ah seems to play safe. I wonder why she asked for ice tho. 

That JYS found out JGS feeling to her and her self monologue is such a gold hahaha. You just cant hide anything from a 162 iq girl man.. 

The cops and her daughter ouch.. the daughter such a pure girl not knowing her father wrongdoing and the pure wish to be a cop is a nail in the coffin for her father. 

Let see for tomorrow episode

• Like 1

Ep 7 was good. SRY is like Thanos collecting all the infinity stones to his roster to snap J Co. to dust lol. 

SRY telling JGW to keep his mouth shutB):w00t:! SRY is so persistent & tenacious. I like what he's planning which is really smart of him. Also, LHJ grew up to be really amazing while JGW is a dimwit as usual lol. I hope Kang sticks to her partnership with SRY. Seeing Tony Kim is great & I like how the show illustrates everyone's assumption/slight ignorance towards him because he doesnt look/appear korean & assume he was American who spoke english. I like that SRY tells SA not to be swayed & just go on doing what's shes been doing. Seeing the cop/dad was a nice callback to all the stuff that happened in the past. Ofcourse, the father isnt going to testify so easily because he has a daughter to take care of. The bus scene was between SRY & JYS heading towards the former cop's house was a nice. I like how he decided to spill everything while she sits and listen, something that he probably wanted to do for a while but just couldnt console with anyone. The bus scene back where he fixes her head to his side^_^. SA pointing out that SRY doesnt express himself just to anyone but he did so with JYS. JDH tells JGW to be more sophisticated in destroying SRY when he paid the broadcast company to exempt SRY's participation when JDH is doing the same, maybe just a tad smarter lol.  

Ep 8 looks so intense. The show is practically at the halfwaypoint. I hope the show keeps its momentum & see more fight between Danbam & J Co. since all the characters has been established. I rarely see SRY get angry at Danbam so JYS's approval to have JGS work for J Co. in order to stop JDH's attack must made him furious. Which is understandable since JGS is the unfortunate lamb in the fight/father's mess & SRY wants to keep his crew tight.

@serenilmauve

That scene was so good. The quite mood/atmosphere with the rain falling down. It was so intimate & cathartic. KDM is just so darn good, her tears :tears:. Her feelings/emotion as JYS in that moment felt so raw/real. I like how SRY was explaining his scars to her as she lightly traces his arm to point them out. When she tells SRY must've felt alone in all those time while SRY face doesn't budge as if not break & then she started crying pulling his arm closer it made me emotional.

42 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Today episode is mostly about Power struggle but i enjoy most of it.

The interaction between PSR and JYS is so good in today episode. PSR seems to care for her. And The confession in monologue from JYS yet touch my heart again. 

Well JDH is such a coward to buy out the Building. 

Based on preview i guess the fight between PSR and JYS is too teach her the fudamental about the DanBam ( Everyone need to stay strong together ) nobody left behind same case like hyun ni problem. I guess psr and jys will make up later on the episode and they will bond even further.

And wow Tony cant speak english but fluent in french hahaha. He will get toasted by yi seo if she found out lmaoo.

Soo ah seems to play safe. I wonder why she asked for ice tho. 

That JYS found out JGS feeling to her and her self monologue is such a gold hahaha. You just cant hide anything from a 162 iq girl man.. 

The cops and her daughter ouch.. the daughter such a pure girl not knowing her father wrongdoing and the pure wish to be a cop is a nail in the coffin for her father. 

Let see for tomorrow episode

Having read the webtoon i think i know why the writer slightly changed the story and made PSRY and JYS fight and him taking off her sticker. It will probably make their bound stronger like you said (i calmed down a lil even tho i am still mad lol but i thought about what is about to happen next according to the webtoon so lets see!)

• Like 1

Episode 7: Much more development of the coming conflict and how side's are forming up.  I don't want to spoil the fun for those who have not had a chance to watch the episode so the rest of my thoughts will be in the spoiler section.

Spoiler

Looks like they are going to maintain the triangle between SRY/JYS/OSA for a while yet.  We got to see development between them all.  Even the brief exchange between JYS and OSA and the follow up in the restaurant showed that they can in fact work together.  When JYS started to cry after seeing all of SRY's scars giving her some indication of ho heard is life has been, it actually brought a tear to my eyes.  Her realization that her feelings had moved from like to love was actually pretty insightful.

JDH playing out the evil character very well.  Kudos to the actor portraying him as he is doing a wonderful job.  The confrontation in the restaurant was well developed.  I think SRY and JDH have underestimated each other.  JDH buying the DanBam building was a sly move that SRY was definitely not expecting,

Some very tender moments between SRY and JYS were extremely well done.  I love how she put on her war paint before going out to SRY to ask to come along with him on his trip.  How is it that the otherDanBam staff are so clueless?  In any event, the scene they share together sleeping together and on the bus was quite sweet.  Sadly it looks like some storms are brewing in their relationship based upon the previews for tomorrow's episode.

I have to admit this show has really hooked me.  I have been happily surprised by the great programming recently.  Itaewon Class and Extraordinary You are a couple of great programs that took some very novel approaches and brought some nice changes into what has been a very formulaic genre.  Keep it going.

• Like 8

@NaYouSabi? you have unpopular opinions which I LOVE... I stan you and your GIFs lol. Please write more so I don't have to types my thoughts :lol:

By the way being a scholarship recipient myself i can empathise with many of SA's situation.. it meant the world to me, i couldnt care too much what happens at the top.. some of the top executives were wrapped in bribery scandals, some cases indirectly affecting my own community/family.. but rejecting a scholarship/job doesn't help the like you said..i just couldn't care so much as a student.. on personal experience, the handler takes good care of me, was concerned about how i do, concerns for me like a family (somelike like PSR's father to SA).. but even without that person in charge i would have accepted the scholarship the same way..

My most memorable lines in ep 7:

PSR to SA

"You dont have to choose between both sides, just take your own side.."

"how i collect shares is secret because i don't want you to be caught between both of us"

"I like you because you are always independent and take care of yourself well"

PSR to JGS

"SHUT UP"

PSR to JYS

"Tiger actually roars"

SA to PSR

"You wanted to end my career.. somehow I'm happy to hear that and rooting for you"

SA to JYS

"You seem to hate me.. i don't hate you though"

"Thank you" (for the ice)

JYS to GS

"I like PSR but not crazy for him. Feeling and emotion can be unstable and change based on situations."

"I make friends with you because you are rich and can be useful to me.. but you seem not so useful"

GS to Chairman

"I didn't ask PSR the truth.. because I guess our family is the atrocious one"

"Do you really think DanBam is justa fishbowl?"

Tony

"Welcome" in Korean to white customers

Spoiler

By the way am i the only one feeling weird about YS lying on PSR's lap, based on there relation at this point? If my male junior, no matter how close, does that to me I would be weirded out.. if I do that to my male boss he would either take it as sexual advance or sue me for sexual harrassment lol..

And if my partner does that to his co-worker i would definitely flip..

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

@larrysouth

I like that SA tells JYS she doesnt hate her but JYS on the other hand lol. 

The scene with SRY & JYS really makes the viewers empathize with SRY plight/struggle & see his character in a different light. It's nice to see him be vulnerable when he's alway a putting up a strong wall. When the OST came on as JYS cried, thats where I lost it lol. KDM & PSJ was good in that scene. Such nuanced performance. 

@Samuel Yohanes

I was wondering the same as to why SA walked all the way to Danbam for ice. Did J Co. resturant run out of ice lol? I'm sure they can afford a massive run of ice instantanteously with the swift of their fingers. Maybe the director want SA in the scene more? Judging from the next episode, there's further interaction/conflict.

@Whisper2

Although SRY seems suprised but not opposed? Tony Kim did infer/hint that SRY & JYS relationship to eachother is rather unusual & something more, not as in a colleague/work kind of way. SRY did pulled JYS head close towards his shoulders on the way back home & allowed JYS to lock arms with his as they walk. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@larrysouth hey there, no worries. I have watched it already so you won't spoil the fun for me. And just like you, I won't spoil the fun for others. My thoughts of the episode is in the spoiler. 

Spoiler

Well said up there. I do love their portrayal. The tension between the JDH and PSR are so well done. I love how they argue with their eyes like that. It needs a great emotion to make us feel the tension even they don't say any line, only that voice over. I get to know after seeing Oharu, that the voice over was recorded later on and then it was inserted inside of that particular scene of it. 

I agreed that recently there are some great shows adapted from webtoon to drama version and their approached are pretty exciting. They make some changes but didn't loose its original core. I didnt read the webtoon but I learned from some posts which revealed some comparisons between the webtoon and drama version. And I feel quite content watching the drama outcome. And JTBC is doing well with their dramas these days, they make more book or webtoon adaptation lately. 

As to the episode story per se, I love the moment between YS and PSR in that bus trip together. How he shares all his past and goals and how she cried for all his hardships. That was a huge gap between YS and SA I think. Yup, we know that SA is only loving herself so it's not that surprising. But from here I could foreseen who will PSR's heart ends with finally. Just like how Tony sensed. Hahaha... talking about this guy,  I find it pretty hilarious when he reveals to everyone that he can't speak English. Looking all the Danbam workers perplexed expressions to him. And it's quite sweet seeing how they help him to not getting caught by YS. Look how worried SR to ask him to learn english. 

The only thing I dislike is the triangle love trope here. They make me feel it's like too forced to be that way. I mean I don't find any necessary of it. Well, only in Oharu I like how they handle with the triangle to be much fun. If you know what I mean, :D

Maybe this is my personal bias problem, I hate the triangle if it comes to SA but I don't hate her when she plays cheeky with YS. I mean SA could be a nice bff with YS. I find her sincerity when she told her that she doesn't hate her. Also, the moment YS told GS that she knows he likes him and tease him that he still has a chance. Whoah.. this girl is unlike the stereotype FL, isn't she? She's so rude and obnoxious but I can't hate her. Similar feeling like how I can't hate Kang Yesuh in SC. I feel like she tries to provoke him intentionally here that at least to make him interested with his family matters maybe. But I agree with this idea, GS is much better to be the successor of Janga rather than his cocky brother. It's that why his dad trying to get him back. 

Oh... I can't wait for ep 8 already, just like you, this drama hooked me, what makes PSR that angry to YS? I hope things will be okay between them. I am not that glad to see how JDH's plan to ruin him is doing well. His first move is snatching his building and the next one is eliminating his team. It's enough for me to ffd the first two episodes, I don't plan to use that button again actually. 

Whoops, wall text, sorry to bore you all.. it happens without my knowing sometimes... :lol:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Why am I not surprised that the damn old fart was the new landlord!? What did surprise me was the fact Royi failed to recognise his voice over the phone LoL! Or had no suspicion whatsoever - K-Drama logic eheheheh. 

In next ep. preview, it looks like he's goin' to fire Yi Seo (no say it ain't so!) That kind of rhymed ha-ha.:w00t::lol::P Though it looks like what she said to Geun Soo might come to fruition... he's such a lovesick puppy that he'd do anythin' to please the girl of his dreams. 

Oh it's presumptuous to assume that 'cause Tony is a foreigner, that he automatically speaks English.:rolleyes: I get the same as well but instead of English, they assumed I speak Chinese (not well I might add LoL)   

• Like 3

@Whisper2 Because he sees her more as a friend and ally, rather than simple worker. Just boss don’t tell workers about their painful past, you share it with someone actually close to you and someone to whom you really trust. And he brought her to deal with personal matters too. That’s why for him it’s not a problem that Jo Yi Seo puts her head on his lap; and then he himself puts her head on his shoulder. Because at this point she is clearly more than just manager at his bar. And friends can take care of each other and be more loose with personal space. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

preview ep. 8

wth is going on O.o

OMG. I love JYS and ship her with PSR and it pains me to say this but after watching ep 7 and the preview for so 8, I don't think she is ready for love rn. The girl is too twisted. She needs to heal and grow first :tears:.  If they still maintain the love line, I wonder how they're going to properly show JYS's growth and her romantic relationship with PSR in just 9 episodes:crazy::sweatingbullets:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 5

It seems the writer makes Sooah character more ambiguous or unpredictable for this drama version. Ever since that police reporting incident, whatever she said or did makes me wonder if this time she was sincere or had evil intention. But yes, her conversation with Saeroy when they're strolling down the street was beautiful. It's nice to finally hear Saeroy opened up about what makes him like her. Which turned out to be such a simple reason but very impactful to him :)

my favorite line in addition to yours @Whisper2 

ms. Kang to PSR

"you know you're obnoxious? But that's your charm"

Everyone couldn't hold back their admiration for this man :wub:

Wait, i was surprised tho that Danbam crew didn't noticed it :o Didn't Toni clearly say "but i'm korean" when Yiseo with her disbelief face as if to say "no way this foreigner guy can't speak english" :)) Also when he answered them with "cool-yo", i knew it that he's very korean :))

Okay, i'm trying hard not to be provoked by the preview, but i can't. What is happening?? :o Seeing Saeroy being so angry with Yiseo really broke my heart :heartbreak: I guess Yiseo said or did something immature in Saeroy's eyes that's contrary to his principle. But i agree with everyone here, it will surely make their bond even stronger.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Whisper2 said:

@NaYouSabi?

Hide contents

By the way am i the only one feeling weird about YS lying on PSR's lap, based on there relation at this point? If my male junior, no matter how close, does that to me I would be weirded out.. if I do that to my male boss he would either take it as sexual advance or sue me for sexual harrassment lol..

And if my partner does that to his co-worker i would definitely flip..

@Whisper2 I don't disagree with you.  I am an American and the fact that they would be in the same room together at that time would be a huge red flag.  In business, there is no such thing as being too careful when it comes to proper handling of interaction between employees and employer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1