[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

16 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

You put everything nicely there. That is why I wish writer drops that love idiocy between SR and SA asap. It's so obnoxious. But.. wait, what is "Mendokusai"? It's like a Japanese, isn't it?

Yup. Yup.... can't wait for their progress. That bus scene keep me replaying the preview over and over. 

Hahahaa... same here! She's so amusing! Whenever she sneers or smiles or chuckles, she looks cute and funny. I like her laughters when she laughs at BokHee. Tho.. the part of slapping her is a bit scary. I remember watching the making film of the kiss scene. PSJ told that her position made her look like a knight. LOL. I feel like it is more special since it's quite rare to have a FL like her in dramaland. On top of that, it's usually a male role has these characters. 

And... YS is really a good marketing manager. I mean, I'm in love with all her coats and leather jackets. 

Thank you :)  

Yes it's Japanese, means troublesome. I feel you chingu, I mean I understand this was needed to put more angst.. but I have a little less tolerance especially when it's pretty obvious that SA is playing a victim, a perpetrator and somehow playing the role of the infamous noble idiocy. I mean come on, pick just one.. putting to much on something makes it messy and tiresome. Thing is I don't really hate SA, she's a character that is trying to convey a message on how we should love ourselves when no one does.. but she kinda take it to extreme that she totally shuts off people even the ones that truly cares. However betraying for selfish reason, puts me off bigtime. I also read somewhere in this thread that on the webtoon, SA was the one who ratted SRY to suspension.. but they change it and that ended up adding more conflict, she sold them out once.. second time won't be a surprise, make her character consistent at the very least.

SAME HEREE! Wonder where they're going and why and how did it ended like that, ugg my mind is going nuts, gosh I really want to read the webtoon so badly :tears: 

You nailed it right there.. it's not everyday we could see female lead having to be this badass, she's like an oasis..true this kind of  characters are typically for male but KDM is pulling it off brilliantly. She just brings everything in the table, who gives off a superior vibe when you just got slapped and got your cheek swollen, while getting chased? :phew:  I'm not a fan of leather jackets but she makes me wanna try them on LOL also not the tallest but how can she rock both long and short coats with a swirly bob hair, and still managed to be a chic. Lastly, I like how she's keeping up her word, that she's more competent than her mother thinks.. consistent and safe to say a compliment trait with SRY, might be why their gut feels weigh the same.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

Nope :lol:

Chesnug hair here to stay until he is playing Park Sae Roy;)

I thought there may be chance when he is successful in his pub and have more outlets, he may change to director look with sweep up hair. :P

Edited by MicMe
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, MicMe said:

I thought there may be chance when he is successful in his pub and have more outlets, he may change to director look with sweep up hair. :P

I like his look and hair though;) It’s now Park Sae Roy’s trademark. And they gave Park Seo Joon very specific looking chestnut haircut, which could be easily identified as his. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, serenilmauve said:

I like his look and hair though;) It’s now Park Sae Roy’s trademark. And they gave Park Seo Joon very specific looking chestnut haircut, which could be easily identified as his. 

Yes, i saw some salon in Korea their IG photo having this haircut for their male customer :)

• Like 4

Lee Jooyoung updated her IG.

So after doing the surgery, Mahyuni now becomes a model of cosmetic product lol :lol: *kidding*

She mentioned in the interview, she's currently filming drama Itaewon Class, her role is a transgender who works in Danbam pub as the main chef. 

She's so beautiful tho. I like her style and i feel like she is a good and easy going person. 

• Like 4

Can someone who understand and already read the webtoon tell me what happened in last 10 chapter on the webtoon.

I am a bit confused because of the different hair styling and the time jump in that part

I know that the writter will add up more detail but i am just curious what happen to it

On 2/16/2020 at 12:27 PM, bedifferent said:

Very good two episodes! Congrats to the show for breaking 10% mark! Well derserved.

Spoiler

Chairman Jang uses SRY as a tool to gauge SA's loyalty.  SA knows his intent so she feels the pressure to balance the parts.  Sure she wanted to show SRY's feelings to YS at that moment.  I also think SA wants to make things easier for her by having SRY severe their friendship.  If they had broken up, she would feel less guilty about betraying him since they are no longer friends.  She would also have shown her allegiance clearly to a suspicious Jang.

At first, I thought SA's determination to succeed was to rise above poverty.  Now, I think her goal is to be respected.  She looked down at SRY and his father because they were subservient to Chairman Jang.  This was clearer during the flashback of her high school years.  She feigned gratefulness to her classmate for sharing food.  She later said that she was upset at being pitied on.  She didn't see it as sign of love and felt ashamed at being an orphan.  Cuz being an orphan carries such stigma, SA may have felt that she was secondary citizen to others in society.  Her lack of self esteem issue (that and being abandoned by her mother) fueled her ambition to escape poverty at all costs.  She sees Jang as her ticket to a better life not only in terms of money.  She's not too different than Yi-Seo's mom in regard to the will to "move up", out of this destined place in society that she was born into.  BTW, if you have seen the movie Parasite... SA reminds me of the Kim family. :D

SRY was wonderful in his clueless way again. LOL  On the bridge, for a 20 year old who just left home on her own intuition, it was the right thing to say that he needed her.  In one sentence, it shows that she was good at her job.  He believes in her capabilities and potential, unlike her own mother who has less confidence.  There's respect irregardless of her age and that he acknowledge that she has proven her skills, just like she said months before.  I like that they stayed together as Yi-Seo embarks on a new life the next day.

giphy.gif

chef's kisses:kiss_wink: to everything , but the last part , i have the same feeling here as i had towards pro cha child in sky castle ... i think it has more to do with my background because if i pull such things , you all will only here of my funeral ....

• LOL 2

3 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Can someone who understand and already read the webtoon tell me what happened in last 10 chapter on the webtoon.

I am a bit confused because of the different hair styling and the time jump in that part

I know that the writter will add up more detail but i am just curious what happen to it

I'll dm you if you're so curious. Let's not give big spoiler here ^_^

• Like 3

On 2/16/2020 at 3:00 AM, Broaddaylight said:

Soo Ah's character is unusual for k-drama world, but it is how people in the real world are. She is pragmatic. Do not forget, she is an orphan. These people normally have no good future, but Jangga took her in and allowed her to build up a high-flying career. What was she supposed to do? Take SR's side and risk everything for "puppy love"? Very idealistic, but not realistic. Let's face it... Even with her testimony, he would have been a convict (Jangga would have buried the evidence anyways). The only reason why he is successful is because he has grit. If he had the same attitude as Seung Kwan (most people would...), he would likely end up as a low-life gangster. People call her shallow, but I think her character is deep and analytical. I actually starting to like her more than JYS after episode 5. JYS initially looked like a powerful and well-liked, but slowly but surely I noticed that she is very possessive/obsessive (her defence against SA's kiss), cold (did not care about her mother) and can be quite insecure (refusing to hire the female candidate). Good thing is that she has some pride by telling SR about the fact that SA lied about being a rat. But her sociopathic traits are annoying. Funnily, she would have been a better fit with Jangga as she has the skills that the chairman likes, whilst SA would be better with PSR. SA pretends to be the person that YS actually is, and vice versa.

this i keep on expecting people to tell me what an orphan who had nothing was suppose to do , become a candy working 50 jobs at a time , so she could pay for her tuition and don't forget pay back chair man for all he has done( lets not forget he was the sponsor  of the orphanage for a very long time , i had a conversation about this show with my aunt and funny enough it was just after we where  talking  about the saying hard work pays and a comment i read about hard work ... 

SA  made a gamble , she accepted the money and still did not get asked to testify against SYR , but she knew that the chair man , wanted something from her and one day she would have to pay the piper .... the reason i love SYR is that he too told her , its HER life HER decision and HER mistakes ... she might owe his father for being the father figure she never had but the chairman technically paid for her childhood up to when there company wanted to stop the orphanage PR ...

i nearly fainted at that kiss scene , from very long experience ( i turn to ship  grey characters that are too evil for HE) i know my ship will not sail but , all i wanted was that kiss and even SRY was about to faint home boy had his eyes closed and lip balm out ready for some action ...

i like that she does not pretend or play around , she has told him and has warned him "i will live my life like an employee of JJcop" , she has made that decision and she is not backing out and he too has told her i will bring JJcop down ...  or maybe i just like her because if she was male, more people would have sympathise with her ... :phew: 

@greenwatch08

Then there's SRY who's running to SA, his friend whom he cares deeply for/likes a whole lot. He's going his way to make sure SA wont be hurt/struggle at her job/career because of his opposition to J Co. The only irony is that he's been supportive of SA decision from the get go when he was put into prison & after but SA never did the same for him. SA never looked back & she isnt suffering from her choices. Guilty, yes, but suffering, No. I hope SRY will do the same & look past/beyond on his friendship with her. Honestly, it's a bit upsetting seeing SRY putting all that energy towards SA who would never do the same for him & never did. I just dont like when SRY is with SA at all lol. 

Can i ask what exactly should SA scarifies before she is deemed good enough , how much pain is pain before we give her the "you have suffered enough" certificate ...  

he told her its her life , she needs to live it and like she is living it she too will bare the consequences...

the same  way its his life and he is living it .... his bar and going after jj cop

when it comes to the business side of this show i don't see this need for SA to be living in dome ...i could also argue that him being her friend and him going after her boss is literally destroying her life ... but anyone could argue that he has every right for revenge same as she has every right to work for who she sees fit ... 

we all make this decisions every day , people who work for microsoft- child labour  , make-up industry child labour , cococola ( too long to name).... wanting her to give up so much to me is :fearful: ... why we make as if surviving is unicorns and rainbows ...

someone made a comment about how SA went full dark in episode 6 and i was like 

gif, nostalgia

as a large company , forget the fact that SRY is an enemy , if a competitor starts making more money over night and is doing something you are not sure about ... having more business and you do not investigate then , idk :neutral:... ( okay i do feel she mentioned about second son on purpose or maybe she was just checking ) 

the same way , SRY is going to go after jj full force , SA has every right to do her job ...why does she have to quit every thing in the name of SRY why ??? ... she offered to help with the bar he said NOPE ...

none of them have ever lied to each other , they always spoke the truth from day one she was given an opportunity and she took  and he plans to break apart that opportunity ...

i tend to see things from SRY point of view she refused to stay behind waiting for a boy , she took her life and lived it and at the same time he is taking his life and living it , these two never where born for noble idiocy...

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

@NaYouSabi?

SA is suffering internally from her own guilt, but externally, she's perfectly fine financially. She has a stable job, a career under Itaewon's biggest corporation. She doesnt need to give up anything or in need of redemption since she's already made her decision time after time that she's on J Co. side. I dont want that for her character. That's why I prefer her to stay on the opposing side because it aligns with her outlook/work ethics which is completely different from SRY. I like her character that way. I'm saying from SRY's perspective that he doesnt need to put energy forth on someone who wouldnt do the same. SA gave SRY advice in the earlier episode but it didnt peak his interest because what she said isnt what he wants for his DB business. Also, SRY isnt breaking SA's opportunity at J Co. at all. SA accepted J Co. scholarship/fund knowingly/willingly even knowing they were responsible for SRY's father death/SRY's imprisonment. She's been fine for 7 years & still fine up to now. SRY wants to destroy J Co. because they screw him over. Now, he has a chance to build his whole life up.

I am one of those who does NOT like SRY & SA together. Their conversation holds no weight/depth or substance. SA is either annoyed, non-challant, & guilt everytime she sees SRY. SRY is holding onto a remnant of the past & it hinders his development/growth. The only time SRY & SA actually had some weight in their conversation was the bus scene but even then it doesnt do anything for SRY character development or hers. They're interactions are mere fleeting moments. All the scenes of them so far at the 7/8 year time skip, the dialogue between them is pretty bare. Honestly the show can rid some scenes of SRY & SA at the time skip mark & it wouldnt put a dent on/move the overall story/plot since it wasnt originally in the webtoon. I dont find SA deep or remotely complex some may think she is. She hasnt shown how compotent she is in the business side of things even after working with J. Co for 8 years. Up into episode 6, the only thing shes done (onscreen) remotely for the company is the pub pitch & telling JDH's about SRY's whereabouts and what's hes doing in regards to Danbam. 

JYS is the opposite. She is nothing like SA at all. JYS has shown time & time how compotent she is in regards to the business industry & she didnt have to pull strings from behind and accept BS in order to achieve things. I'd say shes even much more ambitious than SA because she decided not going to a good school and have a fine career (traditional route) & instead put all her effort/goal into a small pub like DB & working/believing it will be big someday. She's been propping up DB's business since day one after it reopened, slowly but surely making DB a success. She's hustling through & through, something SRY wouldnt have able to achieve on his own. That's why he NEEDS her. To me, that's the difference in JYS & SA. Alot may detest/dislike JYS because of her behavior/attitude but she never once stoop so low to J. Co. and is diligent in what she does. SRY & JYS may be completely different from eachother & how they do/say things but they both learn alot working together & has the same future/goal for Dambam. Btw, the conversations/interactions between SRY & JYS holds more weight/depth & heavily moves/affects the overall plot of IC. 

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1