[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

@serenilmauve wo... wow... I'm about to sleep while scrolling the pages and voilaa.... the anticipated bus scene appears. :lol:

Look at how tenderly he is holding her head and rest it on his shoulder. Aww... how sweet it is :wub:

I wonder how the writer will make SR realize the kiss later. Dramas usually loves to slip in some de javu moments to remind them about their unconsciousness memory. SR was so flustered and it could be his first kiss. LOL

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AsveriaPSJ said:

Btw, Jang Gunsoo found out Jo Yiseo’s drawing of Park Saeroy. I guess her rejecting him for Park Saeroy would lead him to join finally Jangga against DanBam, huh? 

Also, I want to talk about stocks, but I’m bad at finical accepts. I wonder what it actually means. But 1.9 million dollars is not a big money for company like Jangga, no? 

Jang Gun Soo is going to break my heart with his decisions. 

Not sure, ep.7 probably is going to give us more clue. But so much money and own willingness to move forward for so-called "male-candy", huh? :lol:

34 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

@serenilmauve wo... wow... I'm about to sleep while scrolling the pages and voilaa.... the anticipated bus scene appears. :lol:

Look at how tenderly he is holding her head and rest it on his shoulder. Aww... how sweet it is :wub:

I wonder how the writer will make SR realize the kiss later. Dramas usually loves to slip in some de javu moments to remind them about their unconsciousness memory. SR was so flustered and it could be his first kiss. LOL

I wish she could wake up for a bit, to know, that she is sleeping on his shoulder;)

Well, if writer is not going to change that scene it will be a rollercoaster of emotions moment for characters and viewers;) 

34 minutes ago, Beurandless said:

I've just uploaded a new video about significant plot differences between the latest two episodes (5 and 6) and the original webtoon. Soo-ah originally did report the pub to the police, not Yi-seo's old classmate. And this is just one of many changes the drama did to the story this week :sweat_smile:

This one change is most drastic so far. It changed a lot about OSA/PSR dynamic for now. 

• Like 5

I like the juxtaposition in both SRY & JYS running scene. 

JYS was running to SRY because as she mentions in her gut feeling that working with him, shes found sense of purpose in life even of it's not what her mom intended for her. She's striving to make his dreams become even bigger, helping him along the way with full support(ex: channging DB's decor/appearance, social media promo, guiding MHY to be a better cook, booking TV segment, worrying about SRY's health). She's looking head on into the future to make DB a success with SRY. All the little moments & conversation of them with eachother has been so good. I like their role as manager/boss too & how they tackle things together head on. 

Then there's SRY who's running to SA, his friend whom he cares deeply for/likes a whole lot. He's going his way to make sure SA wont be hurt/struggle at her job/career because of his opposition to J Co. The only irony is that he's been supportive of SA decision from the get go when he was put into prison & after but SA never did the same for him. SA never looked back & she isnt suffering from her choices. Guilty, yes, but suffering, No. I hope SRY will do the same & look past/beyond on his friendship with her. Honestly, it's a bit upsetting seeing SRY putting all that energy towards SA who would never do the same for him & never did. I just dont like when SRY is with SA at all lol. 

• Like 6

Nicely played Sae Royi. He's buyin' out Jangga (why do I keep pronouncing it as Jenga LoL?!) Time to retire old man. It must be a bruise to his massive ego that own younger son prefers working for the enemy LoL. Yi Seo continues to own this show. Love her spunk. She may be a lil crazy but I like her hustle.

The jury's still out for me when it comes to Soo Ah. The other Soo Ah from My ID is Gangnam Beauty was a ***** & doesn't really conjure up positive vibes for me either.:P I like the inclusion of Tony as part of the Danbam Team; he's funny.:D 

It's war & I'm ready ha-ha. And obviously, I'm on Team Royi.;)   

• Like 7
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, AsveriaPSJ said:

Btw, Jang Gunsoo found out Jo Yiseo’s drawing of Park Saeroy. I guess her rejecting him for Park Saeroy would lead him to join finally Jangga against DanBam, huh? 

Also, I want to talk about stocks, but I’m bad at finical accepts. I wonder what it actually means. But 1.9 million dollars is not a big money for company like Jangga, no? 

My friend ,Its 1.9 billion and its a lot money.

-I am not good with stocks either but I get that SRY with the 1.9 billion in stocks in Janga must be one of the strongest shareholders and that gives him the ability to play a role in taking decisions about the company and off course who will be the CEO.

-I believe jealousy will play a role in the later episodes and Jang GunSoo maybe decide to be the boss of Janga because we see the elder son is not for that position.

I m looking forward to see what Jang Gun Soo 's choice will be when his father will try to take him to his side.

-I also want to see the development of SA's character in the later episodes when she realizes what is really worth in this life and how she lost her" timing "as another chingu have mentioned earlier by mentioning R88 and Jung Hwan (sorry chingu I am not good in remembering av.)

-I want to see the moment when SA will realize the thin line between  "I am loving myself" and "I respect myself".

-and i want to see SRY face when he realizes who is the person that he really needs to have next to him and will help him to stick in his beliefs like he did in his whole life with out making any discount.

Oh yes I am all here to enjoy this crazy ride until we see all the characters finding their real selves and needs.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, kiklaminHo said:

My friend ,Its 1.9 billion and its a lot money.

-I am not good with stocks either but I get that SRY with the 1.9 billion in stocks in Janga must be one of the strongest shareholders and that gives him the ability to play a role in taking decisions about the company and off course who will be the CEO.

It's a lot of money, but only depends on how big is the company. If Jangga is big enough company, it means that shares not "one of the strongest shareholders", but it maybe enough to help to put other person as CEO in grand voting. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, AsveriaPSJ said:

I am not familiar with Korean securities law, but in most countries shareholders are anonymous - unless they have a substantial stake and have the duty to report the stake (some countries use a treshold of 3% of the shares in a total company). So the fact that his name showed up means that his stake is substantial.

On the other hand, there is a battle going on between the chairman and Ms Kang. In one of the episodes two shareholders talked to her about her being a potential successor. Adding the relatively small stake of PSRY to the two big shareholders can mean that PSRY can be the marginal difference they need - making PSRY's vote very valuable. Furthermore, Ms Kang in one of the episodes talked about a very talented hedge fund manager (most likely PSRY's friend) - we do not know how big his stake is.

Finally, they could have in theory bought a lot of options, which give them the right to purchase the underlying stocks for a set price in the future. These options can be potentially transition in a large stake. A lot of hedge funds do this, because it allows them to build up a stake quietely (or else it would push price up) without having to report their stake to the authorities. And when they finally enter, it would be swift and unexpected.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Beurandless said:

I've just uploaded a new video about significant plot differences between the latest two episodes (5 and 6) and the original webtoon. Soo-ah originally did report the pub to the police, not Yi-seo's old classmate. And this is just one of many changes the drama did to the story this week :sweat_smile:

@Beurandless

I watched your videos and they aregood, but again so many time passed since i used to be active in yt that i cannot remember my password to like your videos .

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Nicely played Sae Royi. He's buyin' out Jangga (why do I keep pronouncing it as Jenga LoL?!) Time to retire old man. It must be a bruise to his massive ego that own younger son prefers working for the enemy LoL. Yi Seo continues to own this show. Love her spunk. She may be a lil crazy but I like her hustle.

The jury's still out for me when it comes to Soo Ah. The other Soo Ah from My ID is Gangnam Beauty was a ***** & doesn't really conjure up positive vibes for me either.:P I like the inclusion of Tony as part of the Danbam Team; he's funny.:D 

It's war & I'm ready ha-ha. And obviously, I'm on Team Royi.;)   

I don't think he is buying out the chairman. He simply does not have the money to do it yet. Furthermore, the chairman can refuse to sell SRY his stake. What is likely to happen is that SRY can act as an activist shareholder that votes against every plan of the chairman such as on topics such as succession. He needs to cooperate with the other shareholders though because his small stake will not be enough to cause any nuisance. That is why he needs Ms Kang or perhaps also SA that have more clout behind them with the board of directors and shareholders. But hey I can be wrong, it might be overthinking it - after all... IC is not Money Game (which is btw a good show that receives zero love!).

• Like 7

Thanks for all your answers guys! It made at least a bit understand what’s going on with those stocks :lol:

Am I really the only one who seeing it or they definitely playing on all that Batman vs Jokee wardrobe feeling? Park Saeroy in all black while Jang Gunwon in dark purple and green colors :flushed:

@kiklaminHo it’s just on promotional photos Jang Gunsoo is presented on both sides. DanBam and Jangga. So it definitely means that jealousy would make a wrong decision :bawling: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

12 hours ago, bedifferent said:

BTW, if you have seen the movie Parasite... SA reminds me of the Kim family. :D

Yes, I have seen Parasite. Brilliant all around! I'll leave it at that to not go off topic. :D I can see a parallel between the two. Both view aligning themselves with the seemingly bigger host (the strong, rich and powerful) as the most viable option to not only survive, but to disingenuously boost their status and self worth. In contrast, YS is the opposite where she acknowledges SR/Danbam is a small fish at the moment, but she chooses to stick with it (over a good university that will lead her to a big firm) because she sees their great potential to grow into something equally as big and reputable - especially with her assistance.

8 hours ago, rocher22 said:

It was a beautiful scene when SR was running after that bus and SA

was simply speechless.

But its only a matter of time before SR will realize that its all in vain.

I didnt like it when YS  put her hand on SAs mouth.

I thought SR would react because SA was drunk.

But he just stood here.

That already says enough.

SR and YS are slowly becoming more and more close.

Their talks are fresh and full of plans for the future.

I thought the bus scene was beautiful too. My heart broke for SR when SA called him a "fool" after all that.

I didn't like it when YS put her hand over SA's mouth either. Definitely was not one of my favorite moments of hers. LOL.

I like that SR and YS are slowly growing close. There's something special and refreshing in seeing them gradually getting to know each other inside and out.

4 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

Then there's SRY who's running to SA, his friend whom he cares deeply for/likes a whole lot. He's going his way to make sure SA wont be hurt/struggle at her job/career because of his opposition to J Co. The only irony is that he's been supportive of SA decision from the get go when he was put into prison & after but SA never did the same for him. SA never looked back & she isnt suffering from her choices. Guilty, yes, but suffering, No. I hope SRY will do the same & look past/beyond on his friendship with her. Honestly, it's a bit upsetting seeing SRY putting all that energy towards SA who would never do the same for him & never did. I just dont like when SRY is with SA at all lol.

It’s definitely SR who needs to learn to let it all go. To be fair to SA, she’s been quite transparent to SR throughout the years. When he was in prison, she was completely honest with him about her betrayal yet he made her choice “okay”. Almost a decade later, she tries to draw a line between them by telling him not to like her and that she will continue to be selfish and choose herself/Jangga above anything else. Still, he is persistent in thinking that he will be fine with whatever choices she makes. The thing is…he needs to realize that she is not fine ever since she made her choice years ago. She wrestles with her conscience and guilt because she knows in order to get where she is today, she had to turn her back on SR and his father and will need to continue to do so. SR fails to realize that this will always be the obstacle between their relationship - whether it be in the context of friendship or love.

• Like 5

IC continue hitting those double digit ratings!:w00t:B) I'm so happy for the production team & cast! IC really knows how to end their episodes on a high note. Everyone will definitely look forward to next week episode. Team DB/SRY vs Team J. Co/JDH!

@serenilmauve

I love all the things SRY & JYS wear. I like how all the characters dress on the show. Gives off such a unique & chic/cool vibe! JYS & SRY are both hit/trendy characters in SK now lol. Everyone wants to look like SRY with the chesnut hair. The hair suits PSJ because of his face shape. He really looks like a chestnut lol. 

@emollienime

That SK YouTube couple are so cuuute! They're very popular & the fact that they both decided to change their appearance for fun as SRY & JYS  shows how popular/impactful those two characters are in SK right now. That's so neat. They both look very cool as SRY & JYS! They even asked the viewers if anyone wants a parody OMG lol. 

@taeunfighting

Yes, SA's been transparent since day one & SRY realizes it too. But he's too attached to SA emotionally, it being heavily one-sided. That's why I say I hope he learns to let go(soon) & put his energy where it matters. He needs to not worry about SA's wellbeing when she wouldnt do the same.

• Like 8