[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

Very good two episodes! Congrats to the show for breaking 10% mark! Well derserved.

14 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

So, it turns out SA did not report the underage drinking. IMO, I don’t think she is conflicted between SR and Jangga. I think she knows in her heart that when it comes down to it, she would choose Jangga over SR. She cannot have both which is why she wanted SR to believe it was her that reported him. She expected SR to be upset with her about it. Maybe even cut ties with her, but it didn’t work - he responded that he still likes her regardless. I respected that she finally decided to tell SR not to like her the appropriate way. She will always choose to love herself first and as a proud employee of Jangga, this means she will choose Jangga as well. 

Chairman Jang uses SRY as a tool to gauge SA's loyalty.  SA knows his intent so she feels the pressure to balance the parts.  Sure she wanted to show SRY's feelings to YS at that moment.  I also think SA wants to make things easier for her by having SRY severe their friendship.  If they had broken up, she would feel less guilty about betraying him since they are no longer friends.  She would also have shown her allegiance clearly to a suspicious Jang.

At first, I thought SA's determination to succeed was to rise above poverty.  Now, I think her goal is to be respected.  She looked down at SRY and his father because they were subservient to Chairman Jang.  This was clearer during the flashback of her high school years.  She feigned gratefulness to her classmate for sharing food.  She later said that she was upset at being pitied on.  She didn't see it as sign of love and felt ashamed at being an orphan.  Cuz being an orphan carries such stigma, SA may have felt that she was secondary citizen to others in society.  Her lack of self esteem issue (that and being abandoned by her mother) fueled her ambition to escape poverty at all costs.  She sees Jang as her ticket to a better life not only in terms of money.  She's not too different than Yi-Seo's mom in regard to the will to "move up", out of this destined place in society that she was born into.  BTW, if you have seen the movie Parasite... SA reminds me of the Kim family. :D

SRY was wonderful in his clueless way again. LOL  On the bridge, for a 20 year old who just left home on her own intuition, it was the right thing to say that he needed her.  In one sentence, it shows that she was good at her job.  He believes in her capabilities and potential, unlike her own mother who has less confidence.  There's respect irregardless of her age and that he acknowledge that she has proven her skills, just like she said months before.  I like that they stayed together as Yi-Seo embarks on a new life the next day.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, kiklaminHo said:

hahaha same here ,thats why i remembered to check in soompi like the old good days .I knew I ll find kind chingus to share my frustration!:angry:

I cant even just try to analyze and give excuses fot Soo Ah s choices.

She forgot so easily who was next to her supporting her and having money for her on the side.It was Sao Ri Yi 's father .

She forgot how SRY and his father including her  trying to start and get ready the restaurant .

It was enough one call and meeting  with the Janga guy to sell her soul.

No excuses there.Or at least what the writers give me as reasons for her actions for me is not enough .

If you dont want pity you just try to stand on your own feet .

As for SRY I got so annoyed with him apologizing to Soo Ah .:blink:

He needs to get over from his puppy love.

Soo Ah displayed  her true colors:naughty: from the first sec he met her by being so rude and selfish to that old guy in ep.1

Exactly! Sae Roy yi became a kid without school, an orphan and a convict but still didnt sell his soul "because he didnt want pity", what lame excuse is that?...Even slaves have a choice, slavery or death. She choosed slavery.(i know i am going too far lol)

I really dont understand his crush for her, like you said she was rude and selfish from the get-go, she never been friendly to him (apart from when the funeral for his father was held). Even then he did so much for her but what did she do for him? NOTHING! Why love and stay loyal to a person like her??

• Like 10

Oh, hitting 11,6% by episode 6 is a massive accomplishment! It’s also JTBC show, not even tvN. And this show is unconventional with unconventional characters and cast. So the only thing it’s lacking right now is the same strong support from international fans. Which is rather a shame, considering that they’re depicting some of the most rare used in k-dramas minorities. But so glad to see SK being so open and welcoming about Itaewon Class :glasses:

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

@Kimsungrin @Alice Wonderland 

Loool i just rewatched ep 6 again, you know what, my feeling is still the same. It was supposed to be a touching scene but my heart can't lie. I still can't accept it. Actually i'm not sure if i can't or i don't want to. But am i weird? I know i have just to enjoy it bcs it's part of the plot twist but my heart wants what it wants, it is Gwangjin to end this push and pull between Saeroy-Sooah immediately. Yes, i'm Yiseo's hardcore fan. What can i do? :P

But up to this point, i think i can understand why Saeroy has such deep feelings for Sooah. Of course it can't be compared to what he feels towards Yiseo right now. After all, Yiseo is a person he just met recently and he only sees her as a 20-year-old girl who is amazing and talented. That's it. It still takes time until the day Saeroy realizes that Yiseo actually the person he needs the most, the person he can rely on and always be there for him. 

@mujisano

Omg i thought i'm the only one. I start to really like him from ep 5. I still can't forget his entrace to the dance floor  with super awkward dance move and pervert expression and yes, love that part you mentioned. Such a mood maker :lol:

I am about to rewatch it, but just some scenes, the bus scene is bad for my health lol. We are on the same boat but for me his feelings for Soo ah, i cant understand. The girl never did anything for him, she never showed him affection or support except when his father did (for a few days). 

PSRY is developping a strong bound with YS and that are the scenes i am going to rewatch lol. Like you said he only met her recently but he relies on her a lot, he looks for her when he dont know what to do and her opinion and well being is important for him, like when they talk on the rooftop or go for a walk or when they are having a company dinner with Soo ah he constantly looks at the two females, nervous, when they are doing the job interviews he looks at her and wants her opinion and what she says is what is the decision. He even suprisingly admitted that even tho he knows she dropped university to help him, he still wants her to stay and need her, even tho its selfish and promise her that he will make a big company so she wont be at loss. I think its very deep

• Like 9

I loved how honest PSR was to JYS. Any other would told her, that it's her choice and he/she respects it, even I expected to hear it from SR, but, damn, he surprised me with his honesty. I guess she just gained another clue, that she made a right choice. 

And I also love, how brutally honest she was with he mom. She didn't lie to her about feeling something for the pub's boss either. Parents have any right to feel protective over their kids and believe, that they know better (which is true a lot of times), but they also forget sometimes allow their grown up kids to make their own mistakes and decisions and learn from their own ups and downs. 

I think that Jang Gun Won having slight PTSD from killing chicken was a nice touch to show us. He is a stupid moron, but 80% of him being that kind of trash is his father's doing. 

Also, Tony Kim saying, that he is korean, while others kinda dismissing it, shows another struggle that half-asian people face in their parent's country, if they look slightly different. I love how show is not shy to address it so openly. 

And I understand why Gwang Jin is doing it, but now it's not even love triangle or square, but whole pentagon at this point xD It's confusing, stop it xD Or at least don't make PSR run around OSA. It makes me annoyed, because she did nothing to deserve his support or attention. She is just a ghost of his memories.  

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Kimsungrin said:

I am about to rewatch it, but just some scenes, the bus scene is bad for my health lol. We are on the same boat but for me his feelings for Soo ah, i cant understand. The girl never did anything for him, she never showed him affection or support except when his father did (for a few days). 

PSRY is developping a strong bound with YS and that are the scenes i am going to rewatch lol. Like you said he only met her recently but he relies on her a lot, he looks for her when he dont know what to do and her opinion and well being is important for him, like when they talk on the rooftop or go for a walk or when they are having a company dinner with Soo ah he constantly looks at the two females, nervous, when they are doing the job interviews he looks at her and wants her opinion and what she says is what is the decision. He even suprisingly admitted that even tho he knows she dropped university to help him, he still wants her to stay and need her, even tho its selfish and promise her that he will make a big company so she wont be at loss. I think its very deep

Saeroy had never had a friend since school. Even his dad acknowledged it. Sooah was the first person he wanted to be friend with. I remember in the past, there was a scene when they had dinner together along with Saeroy's dad. In webtoon, even there's a glimpse where Sooah helped Saeroy to study (since he was expelled from school). When his father died, Sooah was the only one who stayed by his side. While in prison, Sooah's letters always cheered him up. So i assume he has quite good memories about Sooah. Realistically, it won't be easy for him to just forget his only one friend who used to be with him in good and bad times, regardless of whether she was sincere or not, all he knows is she was always there for him. And what's happening in the present, shows how sincere and soft Saeroy's feeling towards her eventhough she might have changed a lot. He doesn't expect anything in return from her. And that's what frustrates me although i understand what he feels. 

Yep, it's true now Saeroy actually needs Yiseo and depends on her a lot but only as a business partner and for business purpose. What i mean is i'm looking forward to the days he will slowly but surely realize that he needs her and rely on her as his life partner. Of course there's still much to go through to get there :relieved:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:

@Kimsungrin @Alice Wonderland 

Loool i just rewatched ep 6 again, you know what, my feeling is still the same. It was supposed to be a touching scene but my heart can't lie. I still can't accept it. Actually i'm not sure if i can't or i don't want to. But am i weird? I know i have just to enjoy it bcs it's part of the plot twist but my heart wants what it wants, it is Gwangjin to end this push and pull between Saeroy-Sooah immediately. Yes, i'm Yiseo's hardcore fan. What can i do? :P

But up to this point, i think i can understand why Saeroy has such deep feelings for Sooah. Of course it can't be compared to what he feels towards Yiseo right now. After all, Yiseo is a person he just met recently and he only sees her as a 20-year-old girl who is amazing and talented. That's it. It still takes time until the day Saeroy realizes that Yiseo actually the person he needs the most, the person he can rely on and always be there for him. 

@mujisano

Omg i thought i'm the only one. I start to really like him from ep 5. I still can't forget his entrace to the dance floor  with super awkward dance move and pervert expression and yes, love that part you mentioned. Such a mood maker :lol:

Yeh, agreed! I even loved how in episode 5, he was really protective of Hyun-yi, protesting when he thought Sae-roy was actually letting her go. It showed that despite their constant bickering, he innately sees him (or her?) as an important figure in his life. 

Love the little nuances and how the drama is giving its secondary characters space to grow! Sidetrack — but it reminds me of how When The Camellia Blooms explored and fleshed out its supporting characters, which really enriched its entire story as a whole. 

Excited to see how things develop for Itaewon!!!

• Like 5

OSEN | 2020. 02. 16. 12:28 AM

''Itaewon Class'' presents complicated love triangle between Park Seo Joon, Kwon Nara, and Kim Dami

0.jpg?type=e1920

In "Itaewon Class", Park Seo Joon, Kim Dami, Ahn Bo Hyun and Kwon Nara have started a fierce battle to head for the success.

The Fri-Sat drama "Itaewon Class" (JTBC, written by Kwang Jin, directed by Kim Seong Yoon, Kang Min Goo) airing on the evening of February 15 disclosed the heart of Jo Yi Seo (played by Kim Dami) for Park Sae Ro Yi (played by Park Seo Joon). Par Sae Ro Yi has had a crush on Oh Soo Ah (played by Kwon Nara) since high school, so audiences are curious about the development in the relationship of the three. In addition, Jang Geun Won (played by Ahn Bo Hyun) has had feelings for Oh Soo Ah for a long time.

Growing up as an abandoned child in difficulties, Oh Soo Ah has a strong desire for success. Therefore, she did not accept the affection of an empty-handed Park Sae Ro Yi. Oh Soo Ah's past was revealed, moreover, because her mother abandoned her since she was small, she was hurt by her friends’ pity in high school.

Park Sae Ro Yi cheered her up, "You've tried the best in your life. You did nothing wrong." Hearing that, Oh Soo Ah shed tears, "Actually, in my eyes, you always shine brightly" and was about to kiss him. She was drunk so her heart got softer a bit. However, Jo Yi Seo, who was watching the two, blocked Soo Ah by her hand and gave a warning, "A kiss without consent is sexual harassment." Yi Seo is also the one who bets her life after being immersed in Sae Ro Yi's charm.

When Park Sae Ro Yi asked, "What are you doing now?", Jo Yi Seo replied with questions, "Boss, do you agree with this kiss? The staff are all waiting. This is the first party after the resumption of business, is it okay to keep them waiting?".

Jo Yi Seo asked Oh Soo Ah, "Where do you live? Let me take a taxi for you". But Soo Ah said, "Can I join the staff party?". Hearing that, Jo Yi Seo bluntly replied, "Go back to your house". Standing between the two girls, Park Sae Ro Yi struggled as he didn't know what to do. In the end, Oh Soo Ah still attended Danbam's staff party.

Covered by an awkward atmosphere, Oh Soo Ah got a familiar feeling to Jang Geun Soo (played by Kim Dong Hee) - the half-brother of Jang Geun Won. At that time, Soo Ah didn't know the fact that they are siblings. She told Jang Geun Soo, "I probably met you somewhere" but he mentioned the incident at the police station.

A few days later, through a family picture on the desk of President Jang Dae Hee (played by Yoo Jae Myung), Oh Soo Ah learned the truth that Jang Geun Soo was his second son. She reported, "Jang Geun Soo is working at Danbam."

Amid that, Oh Soo Ah started to keep vigilant after hearing Park Sae Ro Yi's target. While having a party, Jo Yi Seo rated 5 stars and praised Jangga as the best restaurant in Itaewon. Hearing her say so, with a seemingly hurt facial expression, Park Sae Ro Yi confidently claimed, "My goal is to turn Danbam into franchise. I don't think this is an easy job. It's too much if there is only me, but it will be possible if you guys are here. We will make it." Oh Soo Ah's face immediately stiffened.

Jo Yi Seo and Oh Soo Ah met in the toilet. Jo Yi Seo opened, "I really like Park Sae Ro Yi." At the same time, she also provoked Oh Soo Ah, "In the middle school, I went to the Psychiatric Department and the doctor said that I had a Sociopath tendency up to 79%. So I must get everything I want. If anyone gets on my way, I will ruin that person." After that, Jo Yi Seo "ended", "I like the boss."

Next, Oh Soo Ah didn't give up when confidently uttering, "So what? Sae Ro Yi loves me". Jo Yi Seo said, "There is no other way. You'll be done." Oh Soo Ah admonished Jo Yi Seo as the older one, "Go for it."

Besides, Jo Yi Seo's mother (played by Kim Yeo Jin) found out that she worked for Danbam instead of going to university despite passing. She was angry, saying, "Why do you work there instead of going to college?". However, Jo Yi Seo calmly replied, "I like the boss". Her lifelong goal is to help Park Sae Ro Yi reap brilliant success instead of going to college.

Because Danbam restaurant lacked workers, Park Sae Ro Yi decided to recruit more employees. There were quite a lot of candidates from Jo Yi Seo's fans to people of different ages. Among them, a foreign guy applying for the job surprised everyone. However, unlike everyone's thought, he explained, "I'm a Korean. My father comes from Korea." He ended up being recruited to Danbam.

Meanwhile, chairman Jang noticed the fast growth of Danbam and thought, "Park Sae Ro Yi is of special concern." With a wide network, Jo Yi Seo contacted a PD to let Danbam appear on TV and Park Sae Ro Yi gave compliments, "Good job". The two saw sunrise together and determined to team up for the Danbam franchise.

Oh Soo Ah refused Park Sae Ro Yi's affection, "Thank you for the past time. But now, don't love me anymore, please. I have decided to live my life faithfully. I have been living as a member of Jangga so far and in the future, I will continue to live like that." Seeing this, Jang Geun Won felt self-deprecating and inferior to Park Sae Ro Yi.

President Jang told his eldest son, “It's not that I am wary of Park Sae Ro Yi. It is just a 'viewfinder' for us to consider whether department manager Oh Soo Ah is one of us.” Later, he promised that if Jang Geun Won could turn Oh Soo Ah into his wife, he wouldn't force him to have a blind date anymore. On the other hand, Park Sae Ro Yi's Danbam and Jang Geun Won's Jangga pub will confront as rivals on a broadcast. However, due to the obstacles of Jang Geun Won, Danbam was unable to attend the program and since then, Park Sae Ro Yi's competitiveness once again exploded.

Park Sae Ro Yi once again expressed his thought to Oh Soo Ah. He is determined to defeat Jangga and make her feel more comfortable. He also invested 1.9 billion won - the amount he had saved for a long time - in Jangga and, as the result, became a large shareholder here. Because of this, President Jang went to Danbam to meet Park Sae Ro Yi, marking the official beginning of their competition.

OSEN = Reporter Kim Bo Ra /purplish@osen.co.kr
Photo = Screenshot of "Itaewon Class" broadcast
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ehy said:

What SA says that SRY makes her feel crappy, is not right.. it's the guilt that she'll forever be carrying upon facing SRY is what makes her feel that way. She feels that she's not worthy of his feelings as it was said on her thoughts 'he was just always shining' to her. Thus will strengthen her love myself stigma. She still redeems herself by constantly worrying on SRY, that makes her less Mendokusai  to me.

On the other hand, JYS whom has not given yet a chance is putting everything at stake to love more.. already won me over.

You put everything nicely there. That is why I wish writer drops that love idiocy between SR and SA asap. It's so obnoxious. But.. wait, what is "Mendokusai"? It's like a Japanese, isn't it?

Yup. Yup.... can't wait for their progress. That bus scene keep me replaying the preview over and over. 

5 hours ago, ehy said:

PLOT TWIST NEVER FAILS TO AMUSE ME! KEEP IT COMING :wub: gimme more of that jealous JYS!! It's a mood :lol:

Hahahaa... same here! She's so amusing! Whenever she sneers or smiles or chuckles, she looks cute and funny. I like her laughters when she laughs at BokHee. Tho.. the part of slapping her is a bit scary. I remember watching the making film of the kiss scene. PSJ told that her position made her look like a knight. LOL. I feel like it is more special since it's quite rare to have a FL like her in dramaland. On top of that, it's usually a male role has these characters. 

And... YS is really a good marketing manager. I mean, I'm in love with all her coats and leather jackets. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Hahahaa... same here! She's so amusing! Whenever she sneers or smiles or chuckles, she looks cute and funny. I like her laughters when she laughs at BokHee. Tho.. the part of slapping her is a bit scary. I remember watching the making film of the kiss scene. PSJ told that her position made her look like a knight. LOL. I feel like it is more special since it's quite rare to have a FL like her in dramaland. On top of that, it's usually a male role has these characters. 

And... YS is really a good marketing manager. I mean, I'm in love with all her coats and leather jackets. 

I'm totally in love with JYS being sociopath of the story. It's just simply entertaining to see the female lead being nuts for once xD People can hate her for that, but I love her exactly for her crazy antics :P

2 hours ago, AsveriaPSJ said:

Oh, hitting 11,6% by episode 6 is a massive accomplishment! It’s also JTBC show, not even tvN. And this show is unconventional with unconventional characters and cast. So the only thing it’s lacking right now is the same strong support from international fans. Which is rather a shame, considering that they’re depicting some of the most rare used in k-dramas minorities. But so glad to see SK being so open and welcoming about Itaewon Class :glasses:

Which is ironic, isn't it? Considering, that characters of DanBam is a commentary on SK society and int. audience always asked for "more diverse" and here we have it;) Well, I hope people will come around and discover IC one day to enjoy it :D

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Kimsungrin said:

IKR! I think slowly but sure YS grows on him more and more. Hahaha. I love how he's used to caressing her head. It's always comforting her like telling " you did well". 

Remember the moment YS get in the way stopping SA from kissing her boss? I love her replies "Am I interrupting you?" And also "did you give your consent for her to kiss you?" Whoahhh... I thought, considering how deep he likes SA, he would scold her or put her in her places. But nope, he is just perplexed and never say yes to all of those questions. And I just love how he keeps checking what's her reactions when SA join their company dinner. 

I am also liking YS! I know she's not prefect and also being rude sometimes. But with all those flaws, she knows how to put her respect for others, to those who deserves to be treated that way. And she listens to others well. She says that her doctor told she might have sociopath to some degrees. But I guess getting along with danbam people will make her much better as person. 

• Like 9

It was a beautiful scene when SR was running after that bus and SA

was simply speechless.

But its only a matter of time before SR will realize that its all in vain.

I didnt like it when YS  put her hand on SAs mouth.

I thought SR would react because SA was drunk.

But he just stood here.

That already says enough.

SR and YS are slowly becoming more and more close.

Their talks are fresh and full of plans for the future.

• Like 8

On 2/14/2020 at 10:52 AM, greenwatch08 said:

@serenilmauve

The thing I like about SRY is that he's really grounded/down to earth. Hes like a person you'd meet/see walking down the street in real life. He's doesnt come off as too comical/cartoony in appearance or personality even though the story is based on a webtoon lol. His fashion sense is a favorite aspect. The casual street wear & those sneakers are just awesome. SRY's character is not a glamourous person who's dolled up in the typical manner in most kdrama. This makes his character appear more realistic/has more relatable appeal. I like the way JYS dresses too. It's very comfortable & chic. She really matches the leather jacket & dress look. The cast of characters on IC is refreshing & unique. 

PSJ really suit the casual-street style alot. I'm not sure if it's his stature/height & built but he looks really good. He even makes wearing sweatpants look appealing lol. KDM really matches/suit the style of JYS too. I see that many are getting the 'chessnut' cut like SRY lol.

BTW, I love Ma Hyun Yi's appearance alot too. MHY's style of dressing is definitely what I like to wear. Lee Joo Young is so pretty & handsome.

It's his favorite style lol He joked himself, that he owns only one suit, but for WWWSK they made him wear life supply of suits xD And yeah, I think it's his built. He is a fit guy and on athletic person sweatpants always looks sporty;) So they add all those cool shoes and suddenly we get very stylish DanBam boss;)

And I honestly didn't expect so many guys and kids getting themselves chestnut hairstyle. His "comma" hairstyle from WWWSK was also popular, but it was less drastic change compared to his new look. But it's cool, that people finding PSR and everything about him very appealing. Tbh, I can't even imagine PSR with fluffy hairstyle, chestnut just suits him a lot as a person, imo. And creates unique looking hero with that;)

I think also it's nice that they changed a bit both Yi Seo and Sae Roy's style from hip to street;)

I think this is where acting comes to forefront. The plot can do only one portion of the job, the real attention grabbing aspect of transferring webtoon to drama are director and cast's ability as an actors. And cast doing such a good job to make all those characters feel so real :tears: 

• Like 9

Btw, Jang Gunsoo found out Jo Yiseo’s drawing of Park Saeroy. I guess her rejecting him for Park Saeroy would lead him to join finally Jangga against DanBam, huh? 

Also, I want to talk about stocks, but I’m bad at finical accepts. I wonder what it actually means. But 1.9 million dollars is not a big money for company like Jangga, no? 

• Like 7

17 hours ago, kiklaminHo said:

chingu I dont remember when it was the last time I logged in to comment in soompi s thread but I did it with your post because I wanted to like what you wrote.

glad to see you here with us then^_^the drama is definitely brings a lot of emotions about characters.i’m glad i’m here to say something a little about how I’m feeling:lol:

ah,cute;)this couple transformed themselves into park saeroy and jo yiseo:lol:

• LOL 9