[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

11 hours ago, yookitube said:

That last line perhaps....pushed YS ... beyond the point of no-return.  :)

Some questions...

YS and Granny together is suspicious... is there a deeper connection?
And the mob boss...like Granny, is he a friend or foe... unless he was just another furniture in the early ep... will he reappear?

The psy war (mind game) now playing on his thick-shelled Chestnut head... is pleasantly entertaining.  Got to love the mischief smile... after delivering the unexpected "Sarangae" blow from way yonder. 

His stunned...deafening silence only betrayed any effort to shield his delicate heart.  It seems resistance is futile... he can't hide from the relentless nutcracker.   :P

@yookitube hahaha love that,,,, Chestnut meet cute adorable relentless Nutcracker. 
Poor Sae Ro Yi, or should I say lucky Sae Ro Yi, he has finally met his match and hopefully an end to his bitter nights.

• LOL 1

I just hope the writer abandons the SRY -OSA love angle. It's getting stale. That ship has sunk a long time ago, why continue with it? For one thing, the actress playing SA is 1D, same expression throughout Ep. 1-12.

There are several other plots to explore. When SRY was in prison, he won over a mob boss, didn't he? And the mob boss said that SRY can call him anytime he needs help.

There are only 4 episodes left, so let's move on with the story and leave the air-sucking characters like SA and GS out. Even if GW was annoying, the dynamism of the show is more palpable.

• Like 4

I feel like Sae Roy has big guilt over his dad's death and thinks he doesn't deserve to be happy until he avenges his death. I understand people being frustrated with his relationship with OSA, but that's the point. They're stale and they're showing us exactly that. Both have their jobs as a priority, but still don't wanna give up on each other, simply because they're not emotionally healthy people. 
Soo Ah is a coward, selfish and Sae Roy's love makes her feel special and better about herself and her own choices. She uses him to please herself and justify her actions. 
Sae Roy stuck in the past. He sees Soo Ah as his past and future happiness, ignoring the fact, that it is emotionally stale not only on her part but on his part too.
So no matter how much we hate it, it's another commentary on toxic relationships. We see glimpses of that kind of "love" in k-dramas, but they a lot of time glorified as "true love". 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3

On 3/6/2020 at 1:29 AM, ck1Oz said:
Spoiler

Should I reply? Heck why not. It is not excusable yes. When someone is charged for assault and with the personal compensation laws as it is in SK she so would be. I am saying the writer wrote her as such. With no conscience. She has morals just her own and not the general society. It is true that the characters in Itaewon doesn't suit the mould but she is the only one who is truly anti- social. I mean SW and his personality won't really fit but his would be more of an impulse control issue right? And anger management. Wherelse she won't fit into the average mould. And society as it is wants people to fit into an average mould. I don't think she had friends before this and as a character it's all fine. For the story purpose. But for a real person with these sort of traits do not think they would successfully integrate into society. 

I am not supporting her mind you. Or saying I love how she behaves. What I am saying is that based on what we are told and therefore when the writer makes her behave in a certain manner her actions fits into the persona. Apologies; my work requires me to be objective so I have to observe what I see and pass no judgment. Am also not allowed to make my personal views know. I can suggest how the person overcomes it but I try not to say if they are right or wrong. I will tell them if it's legal. Or dangerous to others or their health but unless they are literally suicidal or homicidal don't tell them directly to stop.

So YS. I say, I don't think I would say she has empathy. Or will be humane or kind. Not when all her actions are to benefit her. Either her feelings or her motives. Her motivation is all for herself. She is innately selfish and self- centred. That's why if you judge her using a general public view of being human or morals she is not going to quite pass. 

Her manipulating GW? I am not convinced she even thought she was wrong in doing that. I meet so many people without conscience, morals, milk of human kindness that I rarely react strongly when I meet yet another human who behaves like that.  She is in fact mild compared to the vile humans without morals in this society. That why I can tolerate her character. She doesn't really raise my hackles so the writer can't have veered too far off the normal beaten tracks.

I will take a wild guess and say this is for me... If not I will still like to reply... 

But this is where I see it from, would it be fair  to see with this view, I get to judge people with their own morals... 

Looking at ml I get to judge him by his own standards, his own morals Nd his own principles... What he knows and what his father thought him.. Always be fair, fight for the weak... Give people the chance to be themselves... What your right hand does your left hand most not know.... Unconditional love is the best you can give, don't force people to be what they are not and don't force your self to Change for them... He stands for truth justice and supporting the people he loves no strings attached... A wrong most always be righted and there is no room for mistakes... 

These are suitable morals we can all judge him by, because this is who he is, he can't be changing over night... 

But what happens when it's not a Saint.. 

Let's take chairman, he did no wrong, he had the money and they where people who needed the money... He paid for a service and it was delivered... I say wrong he says according to him it was justified... Why let his heir go to jail over an accident, as a person who can afford to stop that... And it's not as if someone did not pay for the crime(a man walked in saying he was the one driving the car, obviously paid to do so, and am sure to this man, whatever the money was used for was worth him going to jail)... Jco is his life his moral compass as a business man who makes sure the  company keeps on going, it takes someone like him to be the chairman with only thirty percent so he brings up his son in his image or tries to... While should he always be babying a ground man, when what is most important to him is jco... He has never not made that clear, I mean he only gave chairson a hug recently... 

And to make matters worst some boy who wants even born want to come and claim right on a sauce from years ago... A sauce he and papa Park settled long ago, with a watch, yes a watch what is to say it wasn't a good watch, he took the sauce and made it to what it is today, let's not pretend that without jco that sauce would be as famous... 

Chairman lives his life by his principles, business first, being number one first and the rest will fall into place as I am rich and have the power to make that happen... As a villain he is even lucky he want made the murderer...

But from his POV he is leaving the life right now and has every right to fight for that life he built... 

But chairman isn't any fun... 

Let's play with chair son, the holy grail of morals... Like YS we are shown their back ground, like YS  we are also shown the teachings thought by their parents... Because that's the honest truth if we are just left to do as please then, we would not be any less than the jungle (and this time not a metaphor) some of the things we do and how we think is pré-programmed by the people who take the roles of teachers in our lives... 

This boys moral compass is wack... Father is always right, father knows best... His moral compass teaches him, guilt is a weakness, the rich have no law... He can do as he pleases act as he please and the world would still go on... Because poor people have to work everyday and have no time to bother about the right and wrong of his life... 

Putting handcuffs on him is just for show to calm the poor, he will get out anyway... 

It was an accident, he did no wrong and someone is doing the jail time( and papa chairman even had the would chicken scene to prove a point) ... That someone was paid to do so and as always money makes the world go round... So why exactly is everyone making a fuss about crime already served??....

Judging people by their morals isn't really about what they do its about as long as what they do does not affect me... Harmfulness to others or one's self too can be  based on who is talking and how they see that situation...

If you judge one person by their moral, then we have to judge all by their morals... From small things to big things... And that is how lope holes exist... I actually don't have a problem with blond hair, it's just most of her decisions, acts and words seem to harm the people around her, but then the show just glosses over it with a remark here and there because she is on team good.... But am still to see where this show takes her character... 

• Insightful 1

confirmed BTS V OST!!

now i believe it will chart high enough! 

and hopefully give even more exposure for itaewon class to have a higher rating.

i know it had been a disappointing week for the rating ( 13.8 and 13.4 ) 

but hopefully it can bounce to 15%+ the buzz is so high its already crash landing on you level of buzz.

maybe 20% for episode 16 is possible

• Like 2

1 hour ago, serenilmauve said:

I feel like Sae Roy has big guilt over his dad's death and thinks he doesn't deserve to be happy until he avenges his death. I understand people being frustrated with his relationship with OSA, but that's the point. They're stale and they're showing us exactly that. Both have their jobs as a priority, but still don't wanna give up on each other, simply because they're not emotionally healthy people. 
Soo Ah is a coward, selfish and Sae Roy's love makes her feel special and better about herself and her own choices. She uses him to please herself and justify her actions.

I was going to write one of my essays no one ever reads ( honestly I mostly talk to myself in this forum)... 

But then I decided, to ask you to please elaborate on the above... So I can disagree in accordance, if I have to be general I might write a book... :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

57 minutes ago, NaYouSabi? said:

I was going to write one of my essays no one ever reads ( honestly I mostly talk to myself in this forum)... 

But then I decided, to ask you to please elaborate on the above... So I can disagree in accordance, if I have to be general I might write a book... :D

I wrote my opinion about her a lot (as I believe) in my previous posts. I know you like her, but for me she is not someone about whom I can talk more than what I just wrote. I see her as a selfish coward. You can disagree about her, that's the beauty of almost all IC characters, but no matter how long or detailed would be your essay about her, it will never change my view on her actions. Each passing episode just makes my opinion about her stronger. Her being selfish coward don't make her "a bad person", but she not "a good person" or "survivor"/"realistic" in my eyes either. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

8 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:

@Deepakmahajan

I'm not sure either.

Prison = 2 years.

Deep sea fishing = 7 years.

2 + 7 = 9 years.

Assuming SR + SA first meeting right after 7 years was around the end of 2015 because after that there was a scene where Yiseo celebrated the new year 2016. Starting from 2016 until now, we can only assume how much time has passed. Maybe around 1 or 2 years. so total consumed time is about 10 or 11 years. For the time skip, I predicted before they will jump to 2020, so maybe in about 3 years? but what makes me confused is the prologue in episode 1 where Yiseo got counseling. Right after that scene, we went back to 15 years ago right? It means, if we have currently passed 10 or 11 years, that scene must be in 2020, but yiseo hair is still short. So probably the time skip will be the same as in webtoon, 7 years(?) Aah i have no idea! Sorry if it doesnt answer your question, but instead makes you even more confused :joy::lol:

Hi thanks for response. Now u r confusing me lol

I think prison was 3 years.

Then 7 years

Then add them it is 10 years.

Now i dont know how many years since then? Because cvs haven't clarified.  I guess if its 1 years. It will be 11 years 

Or if it is 2 years. Then 12 years from the start?

So time skip will be 4 or 3 years depending on the story as his plan was for 15 years 

• LOL 2

On 3/7/2020 at 12:01 PM, greenwatch08 said:

Which is funny because she proceeds to say that she does not like GS at all that way to SRY & told him the honest truth lol about that statement between her & GS. That's why she repeatedly tells SRY that she loves him in a romantic manner. She wants to make it known that what she feels it NOT familial love that SRY is insinuating but LOVE love. 

I wonder if SA will confess to SRY in the next episode.

I feel like she will never do that. Because it’s what she feels at all...

I do agree though with when people make it difference between liking someone and loving someone. 

btw, I want to say, that I’m grateful to IC for introducing me Gaho. Spend several weekends listening almost only his songs :joy:

@serenilmauve lol, he couldn’t properly fit into his first DanBam mascot costume :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

On 3/8/2020 at 9:10 AM, solaire said:

Agreed. Another problem is the actor's acting. I noticed this as well with Kwon Nara. I first watched him in Sky Castle and he did a decent job there, however, he doesn't really have much of a range, nor the experience to pull off this kind of role. Meanwhile, Kwon Nara's acting was okay/good in Suspicious Partner, but in this drama she seems to be lacking. Like someone else here said, she has that deer-in-the headlights look which is off-putting..

Yup! I watched him in sky castle as well. Pretty much the same, very bland. I can’t just take him seriously, he’s emotions are really boring for me. And yes i did watched suspicious partner also, she was indeed good there, i guess the reason why we can really see their acting flaws is because the actors are phenomenal in terms of acting. They’re just very obvious that they’re not on par with the others (except for toni but he’s all good). 

• Like 1

@serenilmauve

Also not ready due to the fact drama will end next week :tears:

@Deepakmahajan

Lol sorry :lol:

About prison, he was sentenced to 3 years, but he was released after 2 years. You can check the scene, it's written "2 years later" when he out from jail. Webtoon detailed it that it's due to good behaviour he released early. 

If time skip intends to reach the 15 years, then why Yiseo still have short hair in the prologue? Or should we just ignore it bcs it's just a prologue. I don't think the scene will reappear though. Or should we just wait patiently for the broadcast? :lol:

Btw someone mentioned about the mob boss.. I believe he will appear again. Don't worry, he's not the male version of furniture))

• Like 5

SRY consistently always support the people around him whatever decision they made.

All SA decisions concerning herself

Sincere departure of GS

Request for vacation from YS

Allow HY to leave even it might jeopardise the chance to win

But he will not stop his revenge and do not want to see anyone sacrifies due to his decision to take revenge.

• Like 3

On 3/7/2020 at 6:43 PM, serenilmauve said:

Can native English speakers help me here? Or anyone, who knows Korean? I thought they made a mistake, like "see you in your dreams", like, huh? But now I think she meant, that they will meet in his dreams aka she wished him to see her in his dreams?

@serenilmauve Hi, not sure if anyone helped you with your question yet as I am still working through the thread of emails over the last couple of days.  JYS was making a joke to the fact that she was in PSR's head now.  Her reference was that he would be thinking of her and that those thoughts would carry over into his dreams.  Here in America it is a way for couples to say to each other that they are constantly on each other's minds to the point that they even see and interact with each other in their dreams at night.  I am sorry if that was more explanation than what you needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1