[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

Watch: Park Seo Joon, Kwon Nara, And Kim Da Mi Chase After Their Dreams In Upcoming Drama “Itaewon Class”

Watch: Park Seo Joon, Kwon Nara, And Kim Da Mi Chase After Their Dreams In Upcoming Drama “Itaewon Class”

JTBC’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “Itaewon Class” has released its first teaser!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Itaewon Class” is a new drama about young people brought together by their stubbornness, passion, and youthful bravado. Within the narrow streets of Itaewon, they begin their own fledgling revolt against an unreasonable society as they chase after their dreams and the freedom to live according to their own unique perspectives.

Park Seo Joon will be starring in the drama as Park Sae Roy, a passionate entrepreneur who is uncompromising in the face of injustice as he goes up against the food industry conglomerate Jang Ga. Kim Da Mi will play Jo Yi Seo, a highly intelligent sociopath with the face of an angel but a completely different personality. Finally, Kwon Nara will be playing Oh Soo Ah, an honest and confident woman who was Park Sae Roy’s first love and is now an employee of a rival company.

In the first teaser for the upcoming drama, Park Sae Roy, Jo Yi Seo, and Oh Soo Ah are running towards something in the night streets of Itaewon underneath the shining neon signs. Oh Soo Ah looks at Park Sae Roy as shenarrates, “You are too bright for me.” The teaser cuts to Jo Yi Seo, who also looks in his direction as she narrates, “Rather than a so-so person, I’m going to make you into a great man,” hinting at the complicated relationship between the three leads.

Finally, Park Sae Roy shows up with his shining youthful energy as his voiceover says, “I don’tcare what you do to me. I’m going to live life while accomplishing everything I want to.”

“Itaewon Class” is set to premiere on January 31 at 10:50 p.m. KST following the conclusion of “Chocolate”

credit:soompi

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AsveriaPSJ said:

This teaser is so intriguing! I love it so much! Beautiful trio and man I’m for sure gonna ship (PSR) him with both of them :bawling:

Despite already seeing the webtoon, i can't help going back to see it again and again :lol: Bcs it's too exciting and the teaser is even better than i imagined :blush:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:
How do you guys like the teaser so far? I love everything even before it starting :bawling: Kim Dami and Kwon Nara so beautiful. Especially I love KDM looking classy here. Like she has a glamour vibes with her make up :wub:

And Saeroy in between 2 women kkkk

i know this is just a teaser,but music gave me shivers.i hope they would use a lot of electronic guitar,because it suits drama so much!

and park seojoon’s acting shines even from one phrase!girls were amazing too!i simply can’t wait!

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, emollienime said:

i know this is just a teaser,but music gave me shivers.i hope they would use a lot of electronic guitar,because it suits drama so much!

and park seojoon’s acting shines even from one phrase!girls were amazing too!i simply can’t wait!

I had the same thoughts too about the music. A lot of stuff related to guitar probably will give awesome soundtrack and passionate vibe to this drama;))

• Like 4

1 hour ago, emollienime said:

1 hour ago, serenilmauve said:

I had the same thoughts too about the music. A lot of stuff related to guitar probably will give awesome soundtrack and passionate vibe to this drama;))

Omg that's exactly what i thought too! The guitar sound would fit the drama's rebel and youthful nuance. Hoping for amazing OSTs for this drama :blush:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Anjalifairy said:

Omg that's exactly what i thought too! The guitar sound would fit the drama's rebel and youthful nuance. Hoping for amazing OSTs for this drama :blush:

I first thought that they should bring back something like "male rap, female vocal" type of song, but now I kinda want something pop-rockish B)

Btw, it looks like Oh Soo Ah role would be even bigger, than in webtoon. They put her as one of the 3 leads here and made her express her feelings too along with PSR and JYS. 

• Like 3

I first thought that they should bring back something like "male rap, female vocal" type of song, but now I kinda want something pop-rockish B)

Btw, it looks like Oh Soo Ah role would be even bigger, than in webtoon. They put her as one of the 3 leads here and made her express her feeling too along with PSR and JYS. 

Maybe bcs it's a teaser, it usually portrays the beginning part of a story. As you already know she has an important part there as Saeroy's first love. So probably they want to give a hint that there's some kind of love competition between them with the teaser. But as the story goes, i think she indeed has a pretty big role in it ;)) 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

Maybe bcs it's a teaser, it usually portrays the beginning part of a story. As you already know she has an important part there as Saeroy's first love. So probably they want to give a hint that there's some kind of love competition between them with the teaser. But as the story goes, i think she indeed has a pretty big role in it ;)) 

Spoiler

Wasn't that part not actually beginning-beinning, but more towards the start of the middle? 

I do think, that compared to webtoon they will play a bit more about not only love, but also work competition between girls. But we will see exactly how much "deeper" they made story after premiere or at least full 1st teaser;) 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

I do think, that compared to webtoon they will play a bit more about not only love, but also work competition between girls. But we will see exactly how much "deeper" they made story after premiere or at least full 1st teaser;) 

Spoiler

Wasn't that part not actually beginning-beinning, but more towards the start of the middle? 

You mean the running scene? Yep it's in the towards start of the middle part of the story. But i assume it's still part of the initial chapters :)))

I mean, they want to describe that there's a competition between the girls so they choose this running scene along with the voice over that express their inner feeling. And i think they did well in choosing that scene, bcs it's like summarizing the complexity of them three. 

Yeah it's mix between love and work competition. That crazy girl JYS is indeed competitive and sly and will kill anyone who harm PSR both in love and work :lol:

And looking forward to brighter and more comical gestures (also more romance) from them in the drama :rolleyes:

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

Reveal hidden contents

You mean the running scene? Yep it's in the towards start of the middle part of the story. But i assume it's still part of the initial chapters :)))

I mean, they want to describe that there's a competition between the girls so they choose this running scene along with the voice over that express their inner feeling. And i think they did well in choosing that scene, bcs it's like summarizing the complexity of them three. 

Yeah it's mix between love and work competition. That crazy girl JYS is indeed competitive and sly and will kill anyone who harm PSR both in love and work :lol:

And looking forward to brighter and more comical gestures (also more romance) from them in the drama :rolleyes:

Ah, that's what you mean;) Wholeheartedly agree;))) 

Spoiler

There are several moments, when both JYS and PSR made my heart seriously flutter with their fierce protectiveness towards each other :tears:

Btw, that running moment was one of the few where I burst out laughing, when I saw JYS and OSH faces lmfao

• Like 3

@Anjalifairy @serenilmauve when i read you girls,it feels like there are many nuances in the story and all of them sound so exciting.thank you for always sharing little details without spoiling anything too much.just enough to make me really excited to see the drama soon and witness everything myself^_^

and i usually get really curious about the ost too.because in my opinion,that what really creates their unique atmosphere in dramas.

@Anjalifairy nice to see, that kim dami also received foodtruck support^_^

• Like 2
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

Ah, that's what you mean;) Wholeheartedly agree;))) 

Reveal hidden contents

There are several moments, when both JYS and PSR made my heart seriously flutter with their fierce protectiveness towards each other :tears:

Btw, that running moment was one of the few where I burst out laughing, when I saw JYS and OSH faces lmfao

It's only the first teaser anyway. We're still anticipating the next teasers which i'm sure will feature the other casts as well :)

Spoiler

Yeah, their rare skinship actually makes it more fluttering right?! I hope in the drama it would be more intense :ph34r:

Lol it's so funny indeed like they were competing for marathon :lol:Why in the teaser PSR didn't pull both of their hands too?! :rolleyes: I think it will provocatively increase the tension :P

@emollienime Actually i'm trying hard not to spoil at all but if you're in our shoes who have seen the original version, you will be itchy to talk about it with others even only a really small part of it :P I guess it's one of the risk for dramas adapted from webtoon :D

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:

It's only the first teaser anyway. We're still anticipating the next teasers which i'm sure will feature the other casts as well :)

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, their rare skinship actually makes it more fluttering right?! I hope in the drama it would be more intense :ph34r:

Lol it's so funny indeed like they were competing for marathon :lol:Why in the teaser PSR didn't pull both of their hands too?! :rolleyes: I think it will provocatively increase the tension :P

@emollienime Actually i'm trying hard not to spoil at all but if you're in our shoes who have seen the original version, you will be itchy to talk about it with others even only a really small part of it :P I guess it's one of the risk for dramas adapted from webtoon :D

no,i totally understand you girls.even i,who didn’t read anything about webtoon,want to spoil myself and talk about it.maybe because i’m so excited^_^so wanting to talk and share everything about webtoon and drama just part of our high excitement^_^

• Like 3

Park Seo Joon and Kim Da Mi wishes you all Merry Christmas :heart:

So cute OTP:w00t: (PSR&JYS)

Merry Christmas :heart:

I don’t know if it’s just to me, but they look so good together :love:

Also, I noticed that it seems like she is wearing Park Saeroy’s type of jacket (or same one, I’m not sure), that Park Seojoon wore in some of his IG posts and Youtube video.

(

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1