[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

1 hour ago, serenilmauve said:
Yi Seo casually remanding Sae Roy, that she loves him and he can be loved made my day.
Can native English speakers help me here? Or anyone, who knows Korean? I thought they made a mistake, like "see you in your dreams", like, huh? But now I think she meant, that they will meet in his dreams aka she wished him to see her in his dreams?

Indeed! The good thing about Yiseo running Plan B is, her boss now already knows her true feeling. Now she has nothing to hide and even bombards him with love confession as she pleases that it left him so speechless but...blushed! This girl is unstoppable!  :lol:

If i didn't misheard, She said "내 꿈 꿔요 = nae kkum kkwoyo". Netflix sub is "see you in your dreams" but if i validate it using app translator it can also mean "dream about me". Basically it's the same meaning that she asked him to dream about her :lol: but i think Netflix's english sub is sometimes rather confusing when compared to my native language sub.

Next week preview!!! Time jump will happen!

Yiseo, Sooah, and the others may change their hairstyle, but not with my biggest ship ever, Park Saeroy + chestnut hair! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, serenilmauve said:
Yi Seo casually remanding Sae Roy, that she loves him and he can be loved made my day.

She planted a seed on his head last ep...and is now watering it.

By stubbornly refusing to acknowledge it... he (SR) will never know what hit him when that seed grows into a fully mature plant.

Is she a home-schooled psychologist... or a sociologist?    hmm.

• Like 4
  • LOL 10

10 minutes ago, tok-soompi said:

SY is really good in slapping people!  

I thought going to wait with no preview and we have this.  Thank you @Anjalifairy

I'm sure they will release the preview though. They should intrigue public with the time skip, to maintain the ratings i could say :D 

• Like 2

내 꿈 꿔요 is a very common saying in Korea. It literally means "dream about me" and it something that is very commonly said between people who are dating or married. I do find that generally translations try a little too hard to find common phrases in English that is equivalent. Personally, I think just straight up translations is more effective even if it is not something that is a common phrase. Not sure why they changed it up in this instance though as the literal translation is sufficiently common saying in English as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

i dont know why the ratings dropped but hell I LOVE this drama so much!!!! ~ ep 12 was so good! Yi Seo is definitely will be one of my fav kdrama characters for a long time..love that girl so much.. ILL couple is cute.. so excited for ep 13!!! 

• Like 6

@YongZura⁷ agreed. It was her poem motivated her to return, well SR's support already rooted on her then that poem was like the final trigger to her return. And I love that poem recitation. How YS recites it in such a sly and cool ambiance makes it feel more impactful. 

And I find it pretty cute that YS named SR as ILL I Seo Love Loy :lol: and did he start feeling something? He seems a bit flustered after the last I love you part before YS ended the call.

Talking about this transgender thing, it seem like there's a slight message implied here like they agree with this culture and promoting it. Well, it's everybody's choice and I'm not going to nitpick over it more. But I agreed on SK's opinion that you should follow what nature's had set it for you. Well, I know the show might want to tell that don't judge a person by its cover. Don't judge her just because she's a transgender. But look at her skill. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, yookitube said:

She planted a seed on his head last ep...and is now watering it.

By stubbornly refusing to acknowledge it... he (SR) will never know what hit him when that seed grows into a fully mature plant.

Is she a home-schooled psychologist... or a sociologist?    hmm.

Then he'll be totally surprised once he finds out that plant has bloomed all over his heart. It reminds me of a poem The Flower 

Spoiler

The Flower by Kim Chun-soo (1922-2004)

Before I called her name,
she was nothing
more than a gesture.

When I called her name,
she came to me
and became a flower.

Like I called her name,
will someone please call my name
that suits my light and fragrance?
I, too, long to come to her
and become her flower.

We all long to be something.
You, to me, and I, to you,
long to become a gaze that won’t be forgotten.

Source

She's an ex sociopath :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

@Alice Wonderland On point, YS and SRY was written constantly that makes it more appealing.. I get what you mean by slowly changing them into a cryfest, they change them in a way that their characters distinction or identity is suddenly lost, with IC you see that those change are actually developments, progresses with the character traits still being intact. 

EP 12 highlights for me:

• SRY got schooled. "Freedom comes with a price." (This was deep :tears:)
  • MHY fighting the world. Poem.
  • JYS is no kid. She's being an adult sucking up her personal problems, fighting and taking responsibility head on.
  • OSA getting rejected. (It seems for me that for once, SRY acted cool for JYS infront of OSA)
  • TK's grandma. (Lol, I knew it :phew:)
  • Ms. Kang still being active on the drama. OSA should've stick with Ms. Kang as a mentor.

Preview.. FINALLY, JYS with long black hair :wub: and SRY looking slick B) the I LOVE YOU-fest is coming kyaa~ :w00t::rolleyes::wub:

• Like 6

Preview episode 13  English Translation

Spoiler

Jang Geun-su: Boss!x3

Jo Yi-seo: Being a fool suits you better.

Jo Yi-seo: It’s still bitter, is it?

Jang dae-hee: He’ll come at us someday. Tense up!

Jang Geun-su: Chairman!

Park-Sae-ro-yi: Fling off Jang-ga and become our country’s No. 1. It’s just the beginning.

Jo Yi-seo: I said it’s up to me and it’s my right to like you.

Park-Sae-ro-yi: You’re really..

Jo Yi-seo: I love you.

Park-Sae-ro-yi: Hey you…

Jo Yi-seo: You were always so confident in saying that you’re the person Sae-ro-yi likes. You’re afraid, that he will like me.

p.s. Yi-seo calls Sae-ro-yi “Dae-pyo-nim” here which means Mr. President

Credir to Valerie C on YT. 

Ooff that slap is just so hurtful for GS. His jealousy conquers him and blurred his judgement. I feel bad for him. It seems he abandon all the good values in him and being contaminated like his dad. SR is such a kind soul even after what GS did he still thinks of him fondly as GS from the past. Like he knew why is he acting that way when he said "I'll be angry if you do it again" 

Aww... YS keep showering SR will all her confessions. Hahaha... this girl won't give up easily. It's just like YS. 

What's at the end... another talk with SA. LOL. 

@pwnkl I'm not that good in putting words. So yeah... glad you got my point. :D 

As the highlight you mentioned, they are the scenes that make ep 12 more interesting. Seeing how they deal with the aftermath that JDH caused. If they show us more on characters growth earlier I think they can utilize more on the other matters in each episodes, like what the webtoon chapters, they tell each chapters with different stories and still keeping the main conflict together with it. I hope I'm explaining well.

Danbam squad is getting stronger as they're  arm in arm to solve all the problems together. And SR got his lesson well both from the Tony's grandma and Kang, "freedom is not free. It comes with prices". And YS, oh... she becomes much more lovable each episodes. She knows how to admit her mistakes and take responsible of it. And it's very cute seeing YS is so impatient to persuade SR to ask for help and boot his feet with that frustrated expressions. LOL.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Spoiler

Shinee’s Key also watching IC + Crush (who sang on of IC resent OSTs) cried during episode 10 :lol:

PSJ updated his IG with the photo from the set :wub:

Spoiler

Kim Dami received blue tick from IG B)

From drama premiere (until now) Park Seo Joon gained around 900k new followers, while Kim Dami around 500k :w00t:B)

March Movie Star Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

Mar 8, 2020
by E. Cha

The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for film actors!

The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, and community awareness indexes of 50 popular movie stars, using big data collected from February 6 to March 7.

4.Park Seo Joon

10.Kim Da Mi

26.Yoo Jae Myung 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

c1e524c51ac7cfc1b07ecceb553a37ff9a41520c
231a33c24113a0433f4c993104869be62b971af8
0b6e2c8049214aa1ef281bfb2c2e3ceadb697adb
Spoiler

2341e7d63bfcb2f3614a1393d231f4395940daaa
916b5b77fd1b8bd83c6ac271aed8988ecda8e486
4bbe943c49e41f15e722578c92c895a718392f96
cd068a0f08fdac23b6f009f080b14ac64ed19a93
b8ed7fa20bb5c8ef60a57464a60f1bb55f72656a

This morning I read a book of poems. And you came to my mind. 

I’m a rock. Go ahead and sear me. I won’t budge an inch because I’m a rock. Go ahead and beat me up. I’m a solid rock. Go ahead and leave me in darkness. I’m a rock that will shine all alone. I don’t break, ash, nor decay as I go against nature’s way. I survive. I’m diamond.

credit: kdramanewbie

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I mentioned before that SA is like a plant everytime she goes to Danbam so there she is: standing, talking, & holding a plant at Danbam lol. 

Btw, I thoroughly enjoyed this ep. Highlight is definitely MHY and SRY & JYS's relationship. Theres so much to say about SRY & JYS but I love that this ep focus on MHY. Shes so lucky to have SRY as a boss who's understanding & patient. Also, GS just went bonkers or? What he did to MHY is disgusting. She had almost a panic attack being blind sided by the ordeal & people were so nasty. Those ladies in the bathroom are straight up trash. I was fuming for MHY. She was the kindest to him & this is what he does. His decisions baffles me lol. I love that everyone showed out in support for MHY. Loved that the ep. started with MHY supporting JYS & ends with JYS supporting MHY.

Just watched the preview for next ep. JYS with long black hair OMG. Shes so pretty although her hair/fit looks similar to SA lol. SA has slightly shorter hair now though. Is the time skip that far into the present? SRY still likes SA? That's one long darn crush lol 17 years holy cow. JGS & SA still working at J Co.? SA didnt have the guts to quit & GS has gone too far off lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

When Soo Ah told SaeRoy to give up his revenge and be with her, that was a turning point in their relationship.

It showed that she doesn't understand him very well. He never asked her to change any of her decisions for him. He was always respectful of her choices.

It's wrong for her to not do the same. Why can't she be the one to quit her job? We understand that when she was a student, she had less of a choice. But now, she can probably get a good job elsewhere. Not to mention, she already knows Chairman Jang is pretty evil, and worse, he uses her to carry out her evil deeds. So... yeah, her decision to continue to work there is indefensible.

But that is her choice, and it's her life. But she does not have the right to tell SaeRoy what to do.

The theme of the show is to be true to yourself. Don't let anyone dictate what you're supposed to do, or be. SaeRoy never bent his knee because that was him being true to himself. Yi Seo is going to continue to love SaeRoy because she will be true to her feelings.

And Geun Soo, I think he is being true to himself. It's not just because of Yi Seo - if that was still his only reason, he would not have betrayed Hyun Yi like that. At this point, I think he just wants Jang Ga, and that is his primary motivation.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

Im loving everyone’s posts about ep 11 and 12...keep them coming you guys :)
I love how it’s both Sae Ro Yi and Yi Seo who comforted and encouraged Hyun Hyi and called out her fighting spirit that she’s always had... I love me some ILL power couple, if you have them on your side you truly can face anything head on...

I love their found family, makes me want to be part of them lol... I love how they do rely on each other and truly rally together no matter what...I realized that Seung Kwon has also come to rely on Yi Seo, he said in a roundabout way when he said “Why does Yi Seo have to take a break now” but that is what it is, they all do need each other... I love Toni’s faith in Sae Ro Yi too.

I know we are loving Yi Seo’s non-stop “I Love You”s , her strategy of “never retreat, never surrender” just cracks me up, Sae Ro Yi truly have no idea what he signed up for haha but... I have to say that Yi Seo is not alone in this feelings declarations thing I think coz Sae Ro Yi is also doing his own planting seeds and nurturing lol I mean he started it, let’s see what he had said to Yi Seo so far:

- you are impressive

- Because I need you

- What upsets me is you who I thought is on my side aka I want you on my side

- If you don’t like the name then I will not choose it

- You are not mean and coldhearted

- She is my partner

- I know everything about her

- Because you are the one I trust the most

and last but not least “I can’t imagine Danbam without you”

Like these words are really powerful words and he may not say I love you to Yi Seo yet but he doesn’t hold back in letting Yi Seo know how much she means to him too.

And I’m glad that Yi Seo gets to receive lots of loving too,,,

Oh, can it be that Sae Ro Yi finally told Yi Seo his true reason why he told her to not like him during that phone call in front of Soo Ah? It felt to me like he finally got to let Yi Seo know why he cannot accept her feelings yet... Also, I love how Seo Joon acted that scene coz he did like a catch for breath thing like before Yi Seo called he was like holding his breath because of all that is going on and the attack from Jang that he sustained and when he saw the call he did a catch for breath like he was drowning but with Yi Seo’s call he can finally breathe... i like that... just so many goodness happened in both episode 11 and 12, the angst they did was done right and propel forward the story and gave huge character development to our Danbam family. Danbam has finally become a diamond.

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1