[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

it’s been such a long time since we’ve heard park saeroy’s thoughts.i want to hear things from his perspective too:tears:i think a lot of people giving him undeserved hard time over his love life.the guy has such a hard life,and now everyone tearing down his feelings too.be it his”love”for sooah or his”rejection”of yiseo.it’s not like either of them ideal or he has all needed experience.like everyone blame every characters past and upbringing,making bunch of excuses to them,but in reality no one had in harder in life than saeroy and yet viewers actively ignoring it.he is the guy with most broken heart and soul in the show.yet everyone still wants him to do things alone or understand something out of his reach right away. 

• Like 7

@pwnkl same here. At first, it was because of PSJ in it. LOL. But as the story goes on, JYS character hook me in tightly. I almost gave up after two episodes but since the FL comes into the story and mingled with the whole character, it becomes much fun. Please don't get me wrong, I applaud for all the stars who have done their parts so well in their own. It's just KDM has made JYS character so lovable with all her persona. And she won my heart with that. You see it's quite rare having a spunky FL. And I'm so glad if dramas can give one or two in certain times. And what makes it good is, so far the writer makes her character consistent all the time. Sometimes, dramas like to give a strong FL but then slowly change her into a cryfest. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, emollienime said:

it’s been such a long time since we’ve heard park saeroy’s thoughts.i want to hear things from his perspective too:tears:i think a lot of people giving him undeserved hard time over his love life.the guy has such a hard life,and now everyone tearing down his feelings too.be it his”love”for sooah or his”rejection”of yiseo.it’s not like either of them ideal or he has all needed experience.like everyone blame every characters past and upbringing,making bunch of excuses to them,but in reality no one had in harder in life than saeroy and yet viewers actively ignoring it.he is the guy with most broken heart and soul in the show.yet everyone still wants him to do things alone or understand something out of his reach right away. 

I agree here. As much as I like Yi Seo, for me, she is loveable in her love for Sae Roy, because under his lead she is actually at least trying to be the better version of herself. So I feel so protective over him when female lead "fans" curses him. Didn't he had it hard enough already? Or when people question what he is doing, when they guy worked like crazy alone all those years and when he finally met people, that could be helpful on his way to success, people still want him to do everything alone. When he literally hired them to not do things alone anymore.

For me, Sae Roy was my favorite, when I read webtoon and he still my favorite in the show. Just because he is a "calm" type of character, that goes ballistic only when there is injustice going around, people overlook how much he is actually in fact, imo, much more complex than female leads. Without him on the picture, half of the characters don't have enough appeal to me as humans with how easy and willingly they ready to pull off some pretty shitty things. "High on energy" was never my main attraction, I always enjoyed wholesome characters more. And Sae Roy (also maybe Ma Hyun Yi too (she is kinda my true second favorite in the show;)) the only character that fits that description. Probably that's why the first two episodes still my favorites. Besides being filled with PSJ and SKH's incredible acting moments and, imo, the most touching moments in the whole show too, they had an unmatchable atmosphere. 

Sae Roy being played by Seo Jun just big plus, 'cause he added details and that very "warm" feelings in some moments to character, but Sae Roy as a male lead someone truly appealing. It's one of the very few, who is admirable human even outside his love life and actually his existence and decisions not revolved around women. Even, when he promised Soo Ah to destroy Jangga it wasn't for her sake (only), he had things going on even before that. With or without her he would've done exact same things. 

img.gif

credit: logo

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@Anjalifairy

That gif is totally ah-do-ra-ble:joy: it was the best part of an otherwise sleepy ep. I should try that move too myself sometime when some girl takes away my man ahahah. 

Really, it surprised me. I didn't expect she would do that. Girl so unpredictable :joy: But if we do that move in reality, we might get into a physical fight with the other girl :lol:

2 hours ago, lollyminx said:

The Handmaiden is a given but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE "Little Forest." It's one of my fave Korean films. 

Someone mentioned earlier that there are 5 additional chapters to the webtoon. Is that like an epilogue? Where do we read it and does it have more Saeroyi and Yiseo?! :wub:

Yep yep, it's epilogue and some additional short chapters. Of course. It tells about their life after married, also story about PSR + MHY's first meeting in factory that was not told before ^_^

My favorite pair. Seeing them get along well now really warms my heart :wub: Oh it's another YiYi couple Ma Hyun Yi - Yi Seo, besides Sae Ro Yi - Yi Seo :lol:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Park Seo Joon Just Can’t Catch A Break As He Faces Another Obstacle In “Itaewon Class”

Mar 7, 2020
by L. Kim

Park Seo Joon is about to be surrounded by an angry mob in the next episode of “Itaewon Class”!

Based on a popular webtoon of the same name, “Itaewon Class” tells the story of a group of young people who work together to challenge an unjust world.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Park Sae Roy (Park Seo Joon) took a step closer to his long-cherished dream of branding Dan Bam. He won first place in the preliminary round of the TV competition program “The Strongest Pocha,” which led up to CEO Do Jeung Myung (Jeon No Min) offering to invest in his business. Park Sae Roy took Jo Yi Seo’s (Kim Da Mi) advice and accepted the offer. The action led up a series of investors lining up to also invest in Dan Bam.

In the new stills, Park Sae Roy is faced with another crisis. The office is decorated to celebrate the brand’s opening, but angry people barge into the scene. The people are actually franchise owners who are protesting the brand. Park Sae Roy’s eyes are narrowed with fury, and he looks like he’s about to explode any moment. Viewers are keenly eager to find out what obstacle will be getting in his way now.

itaewon-class3.jpg

The production crew said, “Please wait and see how Park Sae Roy, who faced another unexpected crisis in Dan Bam’s smooth path of success, will overcome the crisis. Today (March 7), the identity of Do Jeong Myung will be revealed and a twist will take place.”

Episode 12 of “Itaewon Class” will air on March 7 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

Source : Soompi

I have a bad feeling to that JM Holding CEO, but we'll see..

• Like 3

3 hours ago, emollienime said:

I cant wait to hear his thoughts either!

Hmmm...just finish watching ep11, so far i think PSR's character is just greatful that YS is helping him. The fact that YS knew of GS's feeling towards her and used GS's vulnerability to quit Danbam and go over his father's company should be against PSR's ethical standard.

She may like him terribly but it doesnt mean he should return it... his head is still full of revenge and Soo Ah to think more of YS's beyond friendship and partner. As PSR said, he is 10 years older than YS and has not shown any romantic interest in her. The drama isnt really billed as a romantic drama. *peace*, hehe

I hope GS's can grow better in his father's company and perhaps YS still can fall in love with him once he became a successful and powerful executive, as promised. As for PSR, i do not necessarily like him with SA, and if there is another option, why not:lol:

• Like 1

How is everyone feeling about this show? Initially I thought it would be a revolutionary show about dreamers/indepedent spirited people, but quite honestly the pace and intensity is fading quickly. I have the feeling that the story is running around in circles, with bad character development? The two male leads are good, the two female leads are a bit secondary. YS is not so badass anymore and SA is portrayed by a deer-in-the-headlight-type actress. The supporting roles are also badly fleshed out.  I thought Kim To Ni for example would have a more prominent role, but he is basically decoration like a lamp or a chair. Jang Geun Soo seems to be getting a prominent role, but the actor that portrays him has one of the most dullest expressions I have ever seen. The hedge fund buddy of PSR was introduced as some special dark character that would be the glue to PSR's plans, but he is just a yes-man. I am not surprised that the ratings have dropped. I thought it had potential to break 18%+, but now I am thinking it will stay around 15%. Still entertaining to watch, but not jawdroppingly good anymore.

One thing for sure....

No preview for ep 13.

How can we survive 6 days without preview :(

It is already up on netflix. Maybe thats why nobody live recap it. 

Time to watch ep 12

Ok finish it already.

Hands down my favourite episode so far.

This is far better than ep 10 which bored me real quick with the jail arc and the trap. This episode has all the feeling for it.

From Soo Ah

Yi Seo

Sae ro yi

And especially hyun ni.

I told ya geum soo is the one who will do it. 

And yeah i am seeing him being more evil than geum won ( geum won is not as bad he was just had wrong guidance and path that his father create for him ) while geum soo straight up a jerk and thats really unacceptable especialy when he still call hyun ni one of his dear friend.

Soo ah....... she was really in the edge for this episode. It like her feeling waiting to explode. She love saeroyi but still not sure about jangga revenge. And the Resign letter... but once again i think now she lost her timing with sae royi. A bit sad tbh.

Yi Seo.. what a comeback and this time she did it with a bang. The narration in the end it just so meaningful for hyunni. I am the diamond.

Hyun ni.. i couldnt even imagine how hard it is for her. Having to win for getting the investment. Her deepest secret that only saeroyi yiseo seungkwon and geum soo knows got revealed. And all the judgement from other. But i am glad psr console her and yi seo seal the deal with the narration in the end. That makes her confidence back and she come with an even better version. Hell you never bet against someone who is on a revenge mission. They never miss. 

And geum soo.. oh dear. Soo ah semi hate you for being jerk to your friend. And now whole danbam will hate you include yi seo ( gl getting her heart ) and the best one is Saeroyi straight up teach him not to get confident to kick danbam out of the show.

ARGH I AM IN LOVE WITH THE DRAMA!!!! FRIDAY COME FAST.

But i must say next week ill be in the ship most likely for friday and saturday i wonder whether i can stream it live or not. I am really curious especially with no preview

• Like 8

Soo Ah Sealed her destiny when she asked him to back off from his revenge. At that particular moment, i feel he lost all love for her because when you want something, you need the support of people you love, not discouragement. 

And terrace scene, Sae Roy  has fallen in love but he doesn't realizes it now. He is clueless but after Yi seo said she will keep liking him and he can't stop her, i felt it touched him. He said he needs her for pub, but in heart he needs her by his side.  He can see how she motivates him. That is what you expect from your partner in making.

And nice surprise was millionaire granny. She is real estate mogul and korean real estate business is huge. She lives like a normal person fighting for smaller rents from people. It was a great shock! She is super rich because she can meet Jang Dae-hee and talks eye to eye with him lol. Reason- she is first investor of Jangga lol! Shocking. She will now hold both rivals's stocks! Tony is lucky to find his grandmother as he will inherit her millions , rel estate , stocks but she will help Sae roy in investment which is good .

And yi seo also learnt a lesson that she isn't perfect. She made a big error but anyways i also like how she was sugarcoating grannie when she found out she is millionaire KIM LOL! Grannie is like Yi Seo in a way that she can see her young self in her tricks lol!!! Lol

And i like how she gave hard lecture to our hero. Same wih miss Kang. Business is not run by being stubborn . you have to sacrifice freedom, make compromises,  listen to right people and investors , become more ruthless. That is what that takes you to top.

Grannie noticed how he made that useless alley a lively business place . She is smart business women . She is experienced women who have seen decades of businesses and saw the potential in our hero. i liker her smart quote , ""win first place in competition and take my money"". Now pressure on our cook. I hope al of them get stocks in the DanBam when it becomes massive. They all collectively worked hard for its success!

Regarding Guen soo he did , what a ruthless business man will do. But i hope he doesn't pass judgement on his father because he is on same lines with him when he leaked Hyeon-yi as trans to demotivate her. I am fine that he wants his company to win the ""The Best Pub"". But he needs to get off his high horse. Even Soo Ah never went this low... His father got his heir. He has earned it... I won't name call him or anything. If i am about to inherit a billion dollar empire and i see its future in dark, i will become ruthless too. But won't act like a saint. He did what he found best option for him. 

I felt bad for her because trans life is not easy in conservative countries. There is reason most people don't come out even after surgery because of public shaming . I loved how PSR motivated her as brave person. But its not that easy for that person to face such situation when it arises.

I love how cv;s has touch transphobia, racism , in this show. First time i saw k drama dealing with all these subjects. Hats off for such writing.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

@serenilmauve

I really love the way SRY looks at JYS. The look in his eyes. It's so soft lol. Thanks for all the gifts post. 

@emollienime

Would love to hear more of his inner thoughts too. PSJ does a great job emoting SRY's feelings well. Although I think having the viewers not knowing how he feels (inner monologue) from a directorial/writing standpoint is so that his feelings appears ambiguous & not outright obvious. It's like it's up to the viewers to interpret whatever is presented to us which is fun to do.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Soo Ah Sealed her destiny when she asked him to back off from his revenge. At that particular moment, i feel he lost all love for her because when you want something, you need the support of people you love, not discouragement. 

And terrace scene, Sae Roy  has fallen in love but he doesn't realizes it now. He is clueless but after Yi seo said she will keep liking him and he can't stop her, i felt it touched him. He said he needs her for pub, but in heart he needs her by his side.  He can see how she motivates him. That is what you expect from your partner in making.

“He lost all his love for her” in that scene is such a stretch...More like he just simply refuses to stop. His liking her had withstood many worst things including when he thought she backstabbed him. And honestly, everyone will prob clown Soo-Ah for her request of him, but she has a point. The revenge is destroying him. Almost all people who lives solely for revenge/because of some hate become completely empty and finds their life meaningless when the revenge is done. PSRY is not gonna find happiness when he’s done with his revenge unless he can find it in himself to let a lot of this hate go.

Sometimes, your closest friends and family have to save you from yourself; blind encouragement 100% of the time is definitely not good, because then you’d have no checks on yourself. 
Also for everything you just describe Yi-Seo, that is also what you would expect...of a family member?? Of a good friend??? Why simply romantic partners lmao? He clearly said he sees her as a little sister and not as a woman, and if you interpret along the friends and little sister angle....you would expect that too from a friend. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wisely1300 said:

“He lost all his love for her” in that scene is such a stretch...More like he just simply refuses to stop. His liking her had withstood many worst things including when he thought she backstabbed him. And honestly, everyone will prob clown Soo-Ah for her request of him, but she has a point. The revenge is destroying him. Almost all people who lives solely for revenge/because of some hate become completely empty and finds their life meaningless when the revenge is done. PSRY is not gonna find happiness when he’s done with his revenge unless he can find it in himself to let a lot of this hate go.

Sometimes, your closest friends and family have to save you from yourself; blind encouragement 100% of the time is definitely not good, because then you’d have no checks on yourself. 
Also for everything you just describe Yi-Seo, that is also what you would expect...of a family member?? Of a good friend??? Why simply romantic partners lmao? He clearly said he sees her as a little sister and not as a woman, and if you interpret along the friends and little sister angle....you would expect that too from a friend. 

Sorry what? His hate is legit and justified. You let the hate go when guilty party is atleast on redemption. But jangga's ceo has no regret for his wrong doings. So he should never let that hate for him go. Revenge is necessary here. And he will find happiness when he gets that revenge. No that  is not what happens to everyone just because it is a popular quote.. No not all people who get their revenge find their life meaningless. 

Hmm that is what we call different interpretations of the episode. I am not passing my opinion as some sort of universal fact nor yours is. I have to disagree with you. I said what i feel. Soo Ah is done for from his side and you will see that in coming last 5 episodes and he is seeing Yi seo in different light. That is what i feel. Simple

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Sorry what? His hate is legit and justified. You let the hate go when guilty party is atleast on redemption. But jangga's ceo has no regret for his wrong doings. So he should never let that hate for him go. Revenge is necessary here. And he will find happiness when he gets that revenge. No that  is not what happens to everyone just because it is a popular quote.. No not all people who get their revenge find their life meaningless. 

Hmm that is what we call different interpretations of the episode. I am not passing my opinion as some sort of universal fact nor yours is. I have to disagree with you. I said what i feel. Soo Ah is done for from his side and you will see that in coming last 5 episodes and he is seeing Yi seo in different light. That is what i feel. Simple

If Soo-Ah is done for from his side, what was the point of him seeking her out afterwards and making sure that she gets that he understands what she said was out of care for him and that he doesn’t badly at her for saying those things in any way? I know Yi-Seo is most likely the ending ship, but if/when Soo-Ah is done for, it will most likely be because of her missed timing, not because she tells him that the revenge is killing him and everyone around him and that he should give up and love happily.
And when you live completely consume by something hateful, you’ll never find happiness. I never said he shouldn’t revenge, but right now he is completely consumed by that revenge. You do not find happiness in revenge. It’s a cliche because it is true. If you do find “happiness”, it will be a twisted kind of happiness. There’s a reason that thought has been repeated ad nauseum all over the world.

6 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:

Really, it surprised me. I didn't expect she would do that. Girl so unpredictable :joy: But if we do that move in reality, we might get into a physical fight with the other girl :lol:

Yep yep, it's epilogue and some additional short chapters. Of course. It tells about their life after married, also story about PSR + MHY's first meeting in factory that was not told before ^_^

My favorite pair. Seeing them get along well now really warms my heart :wub: Oh it's another YiYi couple Ma Hyun Yi - Yi Seo, besides Sae Ro Yi - Yi Seo :lol:

Where can we access the 5 additional chapters?:sweatingbullets:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!

I enjoyed this ep way more than the last one. I feel like the pacing is back on track.

YS's spontaneous "ILY" on the phone to SRY was so cute idk why that moment was so unexpected. I feel like I'm starting to feel the romantic feelings from SRY towards YS more in this ep. I feel like Soo Ah does unnecessary s*** that impacts SRY/Danbam negatively. Like when she told Chairman about SRY's plans to franchise DB for no reason and her actually going to give him that "gift." Idk...i feel like she goes out of her way sometimes. A little loyalty please?

GS is a mess of a character at this point. I don't understand his motives. Him liking YS isn't enough. In a show with such great writing, this is the only thing bothering me rn. I hope they do something with him.

Hyunyi made me cry when she broke down like omg give her all the awards. I like that SRY told her it's okay to run away and not be strong. But she's a badass I was so proud. YS calling her and reading the poem was sweet. She's starting to become more empathetic? Even though she was kinda awkward/dry. You can tell she's new to being a friend and reaching out to people but she's trying. Growth! :wub:

• Like 6