[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

I can't stop smiling along with YS when SR said he never kiss any girl before. LOL. Those smiles of her are just so pretty. And MHY's laughter is just addicting! 

It's just great seeing how different the changes while she's being happy and being so heartbroken right after the next scene. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AsveriaPSJ said:

I don’t know if anyone noticed, but I think Park Saeroy kinda reveled in his talk with Jo Yiseo, why he is clinging to Oh Sooah. She basically promised to him, that once he becomes rich, she will accept his feeling. “You said you will accept his feelings, if everything goes smooth, that’s how it’s suppose to be...” (or something along this line). What’s happening right now between Yiseo and Gunsoo mirrors what happened between Sooah and Saeroy, but Yiseo made it clear to Gunsoo, that she is in love with someone else, while Sooah is still playing push and pull games with Saeroy.

Which is funny because she proceeds to say that she does not like GS at all that way to SRY & told him the honest truth lol about that statement between her & GS. That's why she repeatedly tells SRY that she loves him in a romantic manner. She wants to make it known that what she feels it NOT familial love that SRY is insinuating but LOVE love. 

I wonder if SA will confess to SRY in the next episode.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

@Anjalifairy

That scene was so amusing. I honestly cant believe that SRY does not see/connect the dots that JYS likes him more than a boss. I know he has alot to carry/on his plate but JYS is dropping huge hints lol. I'm not sure how he entirely feels about her either but I love his face reaction & the way he responds to all the questions regarding JYS. Hes thinking very intently about it for some reason. Usually, if a person doesnt indeed like someone, they either scoff or say it outright but SRY ponders alot & responds carefully. It's like hes tiptoeing around his answers. 

While some people don't believe it, i believe he's been really clueless all this time:) It's because he has a conservative mindset i would say, that couple with 10 year age gap is impossible. Like he said when in the group game, he, from the beginning only saw her as little sister and partner. So no matter how big or intense YS drop the hints, he really didn't think that way, that it was a love sign. He saw it more like an affection from a younger sister. You could clearly see he was so speechless when she confessed. Then, why did he suddenly bring up GS in the middle of their convo that GS likes her bla bla bla? At first, it's just his subtle way to reject her. Knowing he's a considerate person, it's too cruel if he just straightforwardly said "no" to her, right? Although in the end, he flatly rejected her though. But i'm so relieved that he finally knows her true feelings for him. He would miss her presence even more and realize she's actually the one he needs by his side that he never expected before.

• Like 3

@Anjalifairy

Rejection hurts but I liked that JYS decided to tell him anyways even if she might have known the outcome of it. She wanted to wait for 2yrs to tell him because maybe his feelings will change or not lol. Yes, I

think hes not aware of her (romantic)feelings

but then it begs the question if he himself has feelings that way? He probably doesnt at this point or may not be aware of it. He was hard to read but I love his reactions to all the JYS questions. I like that hes aware of JYS's feelings now although Im curious to see how things pan out in ep 12. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

thanks for pinpointing out what he's done so far. But I'm really getting tired seeing him being defeated or cheated all the episodes. And we can only see his victory at the final. That's a bit predictable imo. I expect some plot twist one or two to happen somehow. 

Business wise he is being winning now all the time. Is it possible to view the growth of small pub into a franchise with 10 billion won investment as anything, but a win? Hick ups on the way to top happens with all businesses. But those hick ups never stopped them from growing. Everything, that Jangga did to stop DanBam from becoming huge actually were the exact reasons why at the end it helped them to progress to something bigger. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Be putting this on spoiler, sorry late replies :sweatingbullets: 

Spoiler

@NaYouSabi? I think he'll eventually come to that, you need to suffer the pain first.. comes next is acceptance then greater maturity. It really sucks coz this kind of family matters happen in reality. Where you just have to live your life not wanting to get involve with them ever again, but still cares :mellow:

@Alice Wonderland @greenwatch08 This would be the perfect time for them to solidify that DanBam crew squad-goals.. they're going to hit rock bottom and be tested.. I'm looking forward on how they'll come together, patch things up and be stronger as ever.. Though I think MHY already got through JYS, JGS had been way before(I don't buy the JYS just used him) as for SK I'm pretty sure they're gonna be Tom and Jerry duo, with TK no idea probably mutual respect manager - staff relation.. that's just me concluding stuff up, but you know how the drama always slap me with correction after releasing new episodes :w00t:

Hacker ahjumma is my fave character in Healer, she's just way too cool! Come to think of it, I first notice Extraordinary you with all the awards they were getting particularly the female lead I keep seeing articles.. the ML, probably my first time watching him, but the other guy I've known him from Search:WWW he's a rising star as well.

6 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I can't stop smiling along with YS when SR said he never kiss any girl before. LOL. Those smiles of her are just so pretty. And MHY's laughter is just addicting! 

It's just great seeing how different the changes while she's being happy and being so heartbroken right after the next scene. 

KDM is really something! I mean PSJ is a well known actor maybe one of the top tier in the industry.. but KDM is solely the reason I'm crazy waiting for fridays and saturdays :lol: that scene particularly broke my heart, as she was currently in cloudnine then here come SK setting up a wild fire..

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I know this is irrelevant by now but where does SRY live? I've always wondered how he live or what kind of place it is. It would be a nice touch to his character to see where he wakes up, clean, cook, etc. the little domestic things like he did with his dad & the juxtaposition to what is is now. It's those things that can really add depth to a character. I was watching Chocolate & I had the same thought about the main guy because they never showed how/where he lived when he arrives/drives away to/from work for 14ep straight lol. The show only showed his home until the very 2nd to the last episode from what I can recall lol.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

I know this is irrelevant by now but where does SRY live? I've always wondered how he live or what kind of place it is. It would be a nice touch to his character to see where he wakes up, clean, cook, etc. the little domestic things like he did with his dad & the juxtaposition to what is is now. It's those things that can really add depth to a character. I was watching Chocolate & I had the same thought about the main guy because they never showed how/where he lived when he arrives/drives away to/from work for 14ep straight lol. The show only showed his home until the very 2nd to the last episode from what I can recall lol.

I believe they showed us his small apartment couple of time when he was doing push ups. Considering he is kinda extreme version of “man of habits” I think it’s totally safe to assume he is still living in the same conditions. I doubt he is spending a lot of time in home too, but rather working. 

• Like 1

I don't hate Soo ah because she is ruthless women and i like such chatacter but i can't support her game of cat and mouse. I remember the crush in high school who first rejected me, but would stop talking to me if i talked with other girls. Then keeping me in loop. Happened to other people too.. That is what she is doing to our male lead 

I might be wrong but this is from a man's perspective.  Women should make it clear to men that they are interested or not.  If you are saying no,  please be firm afterwards. Keeping a guy in loop sucks for a guy because it is impossible to move on because one still have that hope with him lol. 

• Like 2

Yea I agree nothin' much is happening in ep.11 @softestfairy there've been plenty of love triangles involving 2 girls vs 1 guy in K-Dramas... nothin' comes to mind though LoL. I think like, early 2000s..??!! It's only maybe from 2010 onwards (I'm surmising I could be wrong) that it changed to 2 guys vs 1 girl. Sometimes it can be a love square as well LoL. They're playin' with different geometric shapes I guess eheheh.  

And yea agree with diversity in casting, in particular Tony.. he did pretty well here. 'Cause most times these foreign characters play a really minor role. It's nice that he got ample screentime with more lines. Royi really is so pure LoL. Hasn't had a first kiss huh.  

@Anjalifairy

That gif is totally ah-do-ra-ble:joy: it was the best part of an otherwise sleepy ep. I should try that move too myself sometime when some girl takes away my man ahahah. 

@sodarn

It almost feels mechanical or safe whenever Royi answers that it's Soo Ah he likes. That's fine & all but do something about it y'know what I mean?! It's like he's stringing both of them along. That ain't cool yo. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, x75274 said:

Dont like JYS...at all. In fact, the more I see her, the more annoyed I get. In reality no self-respecting guy (or girl) could like a girl like this. PSR shutting her out completely in the bluntest way possible and destroying her ego is a beautiful sight in itself but more importantly, his sense of clarity in terms of who he likes and what kind of relationship he wants to have with each person he knows is the sense of focus and directness everyone should have.

Dont watch the end of the drama lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

At this point I don’t see how SRY and YS can be end game. (I know they’re supposed to be) But it’s already half way through the drama and I don’t see how SRY can all of a sudden veer lanes and stop liking SA and start liking YS. I want to see him finally chasing after her and being there for her... but up until this point I haven’t really seen him show any signs that he cares for her beyond that as danban family. 

Anyone that reads the WEBTOON, care to enlighten me how this happens?!  

He is not aware of his own feelings. Its frustrating but PSRY doesnt know what true love is. He thinks he likes OSA. But it is truly just that..he likes her, he doesnt love her. And he will soon realize that what he is feeling for JYS is true love

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

IC has spawn so many fantastic fanartwork. These scenes takes me back lol. It's really cute fanart.

@lollyminx

KDM cries so well on cue. Even her tears has depth lol. Big o droplets. I really like her acting style. When she makes those sad faces with her pucker lips, she looks like bb lol during the team dinner. Shes sooo cuuute. KDM really knows how to emote those feelings of affection/love well with her face & matches her expression along with her inner monologues too. She plays a believable 20 yrold too. I'm so impressed by her & shes only a rookie. When Kim Tae Ri did Mr. Sunshine, I was super awestruck by her too even though Lee Byung Hun was the 'billing' veteran actor by 30 years in the industry. Like I've already watched all the stuff KTR is in. Just waiting for her new film lol. Excited to see KDM in more things.

@serenilmauve

I totally forgot about that lol. Would love to see a short montage of him going home/domestic things. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

10 hours ago, softestfairy said:

I can't figure PSRY out when it comes to his love life. :grimace: Is he actually that damn clueless or was he choosing to ignore YS's obvious feelings for him? Does he actually like SA or is that relationship all he's ever known, and he can't open his mind to new possibilities? He needs to be without YS for a while, just to see what he's missing. Trust me, when you're a bad b***h they always come crawling back. :glasses:

I laughed so hard reading the last lines of your post hahaha

You right! The guy gotta be missing her to come back to his damn senses :lol:

Why is he so dumb tho lmao??? Still love him

• Like 1

———-

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 03. 07. 12:59 AM

Lee Joo Young reveals infinite charisma in "Itaewon Class"

66-BE596-D-E783-44-B6-A221-A598716-B769-

In the drama "Itaewon Class", Lee Joo Young is conquering viewers' hearts with her infinite charm.

Taking on the role of Danbam's chef Ma Hyun Yi in the ongoing Fri-Sat drama "Itaewon Class" (JTBC), Lee Joo Young has been enriching the drama by promoting her irreplaceable charm. In the episode airing on March 6, she demonstrated her strong presence with an outstanding talent when winning the qualifier of the Best Pub competition with a warm personality as she always cares about and comforts Danbam members' hearts.

Participating in the program "Best Pub" to select the best pub in the country, Lee Joo Young showed her sense of responsibility as Danbam's representative and won in round 1. Thanks to Lee Joo Young's promotion, Danbam's proceeds have increased dramatically and investors also appeared massively. She continued the tide of victory and reached the top position in round 2, thereby leaving a strong mark in the role of Danbam's chef.

Lee Joo Young's infinite charm has not stopped there. In the game of truth at the party, when Kim Dong Hee (as Jang Geun Soo) asked, "Have you ever seen Yi Seo as a woman?", Park Seo Joon (as Park Sae Ro Yi) definitely answered that he had never. Hearing that, Kim Dami (as Jo Yi Seo) cried and ran outside.

Knowing Kim Dami's affection for Park Seo Joon, Lee Joo Young showed worries, "Didn't you see she was hurt? Go and take her home." Although Kim Dong Hee stopped him and said it would make Kim Dami hopeful, Lee Joo Young cared about Kim Dami's hurt, "You don't have to be too clear here to make her embarrassed like that. You said that she was an important one, right? Don't let her cry alone." Lee Joo Young's heart is strong but equally warm. She ended the dilemma by saying, "Why did you do something not fitting you? For a while back then, you're really odious."

Previously, because Lee Joo Young thoughtfully cared about Kim Dong Hee's feelings, her resolute attitude was fully conveyed to Kim Dong Hee and the audience. Lee Joo Young built Danbam's strong teamwork spirit on the basis of her warm personality and subtle empathy. The careful, serious lines and attractive eyes contributed to creating synergy as well as evoking emotions in the hearts of audiences.

"Itaewon Class" is broadcast at 10:50 pm (KST) every Friday and Saturday.

Reporter Hwang So Young hwang.soyoung@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

——-

OSEN | 2020. 03. 07. 1:14 AM

"Itaewon Class" drops emotional OST performed by Crush

836-DD665-7936-4-C27-B662-677-F2363-AC00

The 11th OST entitled "Nothing I Say" of the Fri-Sat drama "Itaewon Class" (JTBC, director Kim Sung Yoon, scriptwriter Jo Kwang Jin) will finally be unveiled at 6 pm (KST) March 7.

"Nothing I Say" is performed by Crush - the male singer who has repeatedly ranked first in the digital music charts with a series of OSTs for such hits as "It's Okay, That's Love", "Goblin", and "Crash Landing on You" recently. Accordingly, the public is eagerly curious about what kind of synergy Crush will yet again create through the OST for "Itaewon Class" that has been taking the small screen by storm.

Notably, before the official release, the drama MV in which "Nothing I Say" is inserted has been dropped on the YouTube channel Vlending - the OST production company, thereby drawing more attention to the song.

In the video, the chorus when Crush calmly shouts, "I hope this moment that seems to be eternal will not end" is the dominant spirit throughout the song. Besides, the slow change in the melody as if spring flora is flourishing at no point is combined with the melodious sound of the orchestra, thereby deeply touching listeners. Crush's passionate voice like the expression of earnestness warms the soft hearts of the youths in the drama and brings great comfort to the listener.

"Itaewon Class" has always broken the highest-rating record with each episode and created a "Sae Ro Yi" fever. The work directs public eyes to the simple but precious things that must be preserved forever in this ever-changing world. The song "Nothing I Say" harmonizes with the film's dramatic development and is expected to replace the sincere confession of the main characters, bringing a great flutter to the viewers.

Earlier, Lee Joo Young, who plays chef Ma Hyun Yi at the Danbam restaurant run by Park Sae Ro Yi (played by Park Seo Joon) in "Itaewon Class", once took on the lead role with Lee Je Hoon in the MV for the title song "With You" of Crush's full album vol.2. Thus, the special connection between Lee Joo Young and Crush is also gaining interest. 

Fans can enjoy the 11th OST "Nothing I Say" by Crush which promisingly makes the audience more interested in "Itaewon Class" - on online music sites at 6 pm (KST) March 7.

OSEN = Reporter Kang Seo Jung  /kangsj@osen.co.kr
Photo = "Itaewon Class" (JTBC)
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

Like I've already watched all the stuff KTR is in.

The Handmaiden is a given but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE "Little Forest." It's one of my fave Korean films. 

Someone mentioned earlier that there are 5 additional chapters to the webtoon. Is that like an epilogue? Where do we read it and does it have more Saeroyi and Yiseo?! :wub:

• Like 1