[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

15 minutes ago, NaYouSabi? said:

what do you mean by "i have never seen him fighting chairman, or the bar of him being rich for SA" ?   

that was my thoughts on the above observation ...  i could say the fight is for many things but i don't necessary thing he ever wanted to get rich because she made such a statement ... 

Ah i see.    I elaborate the "rich" in previous text already. :)

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

JYS lacks empathy & self awareness so ofcourse her apologies comes off as self serving & ingenuine because shes never had to be apologetic & gain a different perspective other than her own before. Thats why her & SRY butt heads because they have a different mindset/outlook of the world. But the thing is she is THINKING about it. She's trying to, willing to understand SRY 's perspective. Is it for love, at the moment? Yes. But that's not necessarily a bad thing, it's a start. She has to START somewhere. Each Danbam crew changed for a different/personal reason when they met/work alongside SRY. For JYS, part of it, just happens to be love.

its a start that is true , but this is where i said , to me it was a disservice to her ... it reminds me of that old story of changing yourself for someone .... it never ends well ... but while this start is not a bad thing its not a good thing either ... what is to say that she will ever grow past , "lets make SRY HAPPY" stage ... i would be more understanding if she just choose to 

to me she hasn't changed , she isn't thinking of changing , she is thinking of how to stay by the guys side ... she is just so lucky that for once it a good person ... story like this never end well ... i would like to see her go why am i wrong and why is everyone angry instead of how to i please SRY in the future ... because what if SRY isn't in her life in the future then what .... but i see my arguments don't hold as this drama is part romance and they will end up together .... like they say fake it till you make it ... 

SA continues to say that SRY likes her but that's it on her part. SRY likes her but hes never going to ask her out (romantically) because he is stubborn lol. 

Image result for its been 84 years

i don't think they should be together ....  we need more than love in  a relationship ... 

I'm not saying JYS is the one who derserves to be with SRY. Im just pointing out that their conversation

/interaction/argument is what reminds me of a relationship between two people.

and i could say that this is how some of us , make life long friends .... but i know where this drama is going ...

This is the kind of dynamic I like to see onscreen. Plus SRY & JYS said they will DREAM together to make Danbam big, which pretty much hints their future prospect together? Not only that, SRY is building new memories/moments with JYS(& Danbam) than he is with SA. That's very significant & very telling to his overall character arch/journey. SRY is not defined/confined just to

his past relationships

same way he isn't only defined by his present new relationships ...  there is no need to minus from SA to show how much better Dambam team are to him, it is not a competition or maybe it is  ... but this is what the other person and i was referring to ... 

Btw, I'm am not a fan of 'childhood/teen friends to lovers' trope. That's why I cant get behind SA & SRY. SRY & SA have history together but after the 7 years time skip, they havent remotely created any new significant memories/bond & built upon that. There is no build up between the two

kdramas , make me laugh to death with their eternal love nonsense( am more a jdrama person) ... but i disagree , they "liked" each other , but it never got anywhere ... but now they are bonding , learning what the attraction was , seeing who they have become as adults and also growing up and letting go ... i feel people look too much in the triangle and romantic side to see things ... everything new might not be to their favor but its new ... i see this relationship as , away to keep loving someone but moving on and finding new love , healthier and happier ( not that the show is giving me any healthy to pick from :ph34r:) ... 

12 hours ago, tok-soompi said:

Keke long elaborate thought.  So warning to readers, read only when you are bored waiting for previews cos it is very long thought.  Haha!

[....]

But up to the current episode.  SRY still like his crush alots and no feelings for SY and SY has already move from like to love. :)

i dont know if this was for me , nut on the general basis without looking too far or thinking too much i agree ... 

on one hand , we have two people who like each other and know they like each other but wont move ... i mean if i wanted to watch an Indian series i would have done so ( they can yearn for years ) ...

and on the other we have some action ... much needed action ... because honestly you snooze you loose ...

and on the other hand you have a person who is ready to 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Soo ah and saeroyi scene in bar is so lovely.

They are just so sweet together ( but they cant be ). And saeroyi keep his love for her and confess to her undirectly. And she tried to define his feeling for her.

And then Jo yi seo jealous mode and clueless saeroyi Lol.

This draamaa is so good at this lmaoooo.

And yeah this is nothing like the webtoon ( this scene is never ever exist ) so it is fresh to see this

The love rectangle is going stronger and stronger right now.

Yi seo like Sae ro yi

Geun soo like yi seo

Sae ro yi like soo ah

Soo ah like saeroyi

Geunwon like soo ah

Its look like.

Yi seo would do anything for PSR

Geun Soo is not messing around and he start to do anything to get yi seo

Sae royi keep his old love 

Soo ah still on dilemma

Geun won still a dreamer.

And the last scene with yi seo.

She was the best.

The twist there is so good and geum won never see that coming.

And yeah go get it girl. 2020 is next week. Cant wait for it. Only 6 eps tho :(

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

@NaYouSabi?

I get what you're saying. That the writing needs to show JYS that she has to recognize/understand what she said is wrong, not just pointing out to the viewers what she is doing/saying is wrong. Maybe it serves as a plot point? Some people actually dont recongnise or see their behavior is wrong in real life & see everything they do is accordingly,  that's JYS. Like I said, I hope that she does learn with sincerity & she is fortunate that she is under other people's grace. I do hope that she does learn/acknowledges that her behavior is wrong, but ultimately I think she will have to learn it the hard way. 

SRY doesn't have to cut ties/friendship with SA. I'm saying that since IC is all about second chances, growth, moving forward, Danbam crew is like that for him & they play a significant role in his own journey. I know shes important to SRY. I'm not saying he should not be friends with her anymore, but time will tell if they do/stay as friends at this point of the story. 

About SRY & JYS's dynamic. I like what I'm seeing between the two & it reminds me what happens between two people, whether it be platonic or romatic. I'm not saying JYS should be the one with SRY. No one on this show is inherently healthy lol. That's why it's about growth/learning to be better. Some just take more time to learn & be better. The show is also about healing too. 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 8:02 AM, serenilmauve said:

@AsveriaPSJ lmfao, for some reasons I remembered your comments xD This k-netz gets you, he/she also wants to pinch their cheeks :lol:

:joy: My spirit animal lol 

I see some people don’t understand what Park Saeroy is doing and what is his power. Yes, Jo Yiseo proactive and bold, while his school friend is good with money and numbers. Those two excels where Park Saeroy is lacking, which is exactly a point here. Saeroy collects allies and relies on their help. He literally said “I think power is people” and that’s what he is actively demonstrating. Powerful people need strong and competent people to back them up. That’s how power always worked, even in big company to save your position as CEO you need support of directors board. All those people here to help and rise Park Saeroy and he achieved it by previously helping or showing his charisma to them. If Park Saeroy wasn’t Park Saeroy all those DanBam people wouldn’t be there in the first place. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

Episode 9 was really a watershed sort of episode where everyone starts to lay their cards on the table.  Up to this point everyone has been playing their cards close to the vest.  For those who have not yet watched the episode I will put the rest of my thoughts in the spoiler section.

Spoiler

The PSR/OSA conversation at the bar I thought was pretty clear conversation of their feelings.  However, I am not sure that has left them anywhere to go at this point unless OSA stakes her claim on him.  He pretty much said he was ready for a relationship with her but he needs her to tell him that's what she wants.  She is clearly in the driver's seat at this point.

I am impressed that JGS stood up to his brother, JGW.  I wished that JYS had heard the final part of their conversation because I think that JGS's words might have actually impressed her.  Glad that JGS is finally seriously considering challenging JGW and by JGW's reaction, I think JGW is fearful that JGS might actually have a shot art succeeding in becoming the successor of Jangga Corp.

I am very proud of OBH for standing up to Chairman Jang, and not accepting the exclusive contract.  He stepped up in my estimation because I am sure Chairman Jang could have provided well for him and his daughter.  He instead chose to be faithful to PSR.  I hope PSR finds out what happened because to some degree I think this begins to pay back what OBH had done during the investigation of PSR's death.  Like others have said, PSR is building a network of strong friends that in the end due to there expertise are going to put him in a position to crush Jangga Corp.

If JGW still tries to get into a dating relationship with OSA, he is a blithering idiot.  How much more clear could she have been in explaining why she hates him and will never go out with him.  JGW is that special character you loathe.  Chairman Jang is clearly a person who has no regard for other people not of his same class.  Chairman Jang is the classic evil character and is easily disliked.  However, JGW has that slimy element about him where you just recoil if he reaches out to touch anyone.  He is despicable in every way.

The climax of the episode of course was when JYS tricked JGW into confessing on a recording that he killed PSR's father and then had someone else take the blame for it.  She clearly staked her claim to the fact that she was in love with PSR and that this is why she tricked him.  In this episode she has drawn a line in the sand of what behavior she will not tolerate from PSR.  Everyone else in the bar seemed to understand what she was getting at except for the one person she was talking to, PSR.  Sigh, sometimes he is like a brick wall, when it comes to relationships 

To some degree I will forgive PSR for being clueless about JYS's true feelings.  He has been so focused on getting his business back up to where it was and helping the rest of the neighborhood that he has become completely oblivious to everything else, especially JYS.  However, he needs to start paying attention to what the rest of DanBam team is saying to him.  They have a strong  suspicion that YJS has feelings for PSR, except JGS who knows how she really feels.  I think in the restaurant he was trying to tell PSR to get his head out of his backside and to really think about how he feels about JYS and if he wants her to stay to be part of the team

It looks like they will play up the whole OSA/PSR/JYS love triangle until the end.  Not sure if that coincides with the way it actually played out in the webtoon but I can tell already that it won't be resolved until much closer to the end of the series.

I just love this series.  It is so refreshingly different form the traditional formula stuff that we have had recently.  A set of diverse characters with their own quirks/disabilities coming together to achieve something great has really captured my imagination.  I can't wait for tomorrow's episode.

• Like 4

@serenilmauve Oh I see, thanks now I don't need to bother looking for one. It's a little frustrating that I can't screencaps or anything with Netflix too :sweatingbullets:

I have not watch EP 9 yet, and it seems that were gonna have this love triangle for the long run.. well might as well enjoy the ride. Off to watch EP 9.

• Like 3

Does anyone know where's could find eps 9?

:ph34r:

Spoiler

Something wrong with unofficial uploader site?

Sorry can't reach Netflix <_<

About love triangle i am not sure there's one when actually PSR feelings toward SA is kind of protectors, He respect her as she is no one words could change his perception about her, SR is adore her survival insting and he knew why his late father love this girl .

It's different with YS the warmth and care she showed made him feel He is a man, she is so easy to provoke him something SR himself couldn't fathom why this girl might set him in up and down emotions.

And i think he is fallen to her too.

But not sure yet.

Have nice healthy days everyone..

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Yana Mujay said:

Does anyone know where's could find eps 9?

:ph34r:

Reveal hidden contents

Something wrong with unofficial uploader site?

Sorry can't reach Netflix <_<

About love triangle i am not sure there's one when actually PSR feelings toward SA is kind of protectors, He respect her as she is no one words could change his perception about her, SR is adore her survival insting and he knew why his late father love this girl .

It's different with YS the warmth and care she showed made him feel He is a man, she is so easy to provoke him something SR himself couldn't fathom why this girl might set him in up and down emotions.

And i think he is fallen to her too.

But not sure yet.

Have nice healthy days everyone..

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but with the mental gymnastics some of y'all do on her to try to minimize PSRY's feelings towards SA and SA's feelings towards him, y'all should become contortionists. At this point, I don't understand how you could possibly say he doesn't like her romantically?? He is a person who doesn't lie and says what he means always and he has stated so many times, even in this newest episode, that he likes her. He has even stated why he likes her and he damn sure wanted that kiss from SA (the one that was stopped by YS) when he closed his eyes. Wanting to protect her and liking her are not mutually exclusive??? In fact, all of us would want to protect the person we like....The future might change, but right now he definitely likes Soo Ah romantically.

As for YS, I mean, people fight a lot with their siblings too, people fights with their friends too (especially close ones). Why? Because, wait for it, fighting is not something that is found only in romantic relationships! Wow, who would have thought right. It's clear right now PSRY is absolutely clueless about YS's feelings and do not feel the same way at all. She is probably the one he treats like a little sister. Sure, she's important to him, but in a familial way, not in a romantic way. 

• Like 4

13.9%... amazing

This drama age like wine. Keep getting better and better.

Todays episode is amazing with jo yi seo once again shows her loyalty to PSR with the meeting with JDH And JGW.

And then we got some brief look at JGS when he want to get yi seo. 

Spoiler

At the webtoon he is actually work at jangga after the time jump so.... you guys decide it yourself. And IC company become huge aswell.

JGW scene with yi seo is on webtoon but i wonder do we will get the slap and PSR saving yi seo scene??? 

Just for you guys to know JGW will most likely goes to jail with that confession alone. Especially if the ex cop confess too. 

Just love the Soo Ah and PSR moment when they are both open to each other and ofcourse

Park sae royi dilemma when JGW want to take yi seo to jangga and he rethink about her saying we arent match at all and i will quit ( if u go with soo ah again ) it maybe will be the start of PSR change view from Yi Seo being his manager and his best ally into more than that. 

But i guess it will be only done deal on current timeline so need to be patient guys!!

• Like 1

The very interesting part of ep 9 is when YS is playing with JGW. I watch one hour episode just in 40 minutes. I skip scenes here and there and feel nothing much missing of the story. I'm waiting for something big to happen soon. Hope that record could be one of their shields to fight JDH. JGW is really a fool. I feel so much satisfied. As usual YS is using much effective way to knock down her opponent.

• Like 1

Episode 9 was so good!!! someone please give Kim Dami an award! she is so good! how can she be scary and cute at the same time? :lol:~ Haha lol at ILL - Iseo Loy Love~ what kind of name is that haha..  

ps I asked my husband, if he was PSR, who would he choose? SA or YS.? he said if he was PSR, he would seduce the rich lady (kangminjung), marry her, make her transfer all shares to him, use them to become Jangga chairman himself and destroy Jangga slowly from within... hurmm his first korean drama and he already turned into makjang lover.. tsk tsk 

• LOL 10