[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

2 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

@Whisper2 Because he sees her more as a friend and ally, rather than simple worker. Just boss don’t tell workers about their painful past, you share it with someone actually close to you and someone to whom you really trust. And he brought her to deal with personal matters too. That’s why for him it’s not a problem that Jo Yi Seo puts her head on his lap; and then he himself puts her head on his shoulder. Because at this point she is clearly more than just manager at his bar. And friends can take care of each other and be more loose with personal space. 

I agree. And rewatching the preview when OSA says to PSRY that she didnt know JYS and him were that emotional...seeing how PSRY will lose his temper i wonder if this is not a sign of his new-discovered feelings for JYS. I mean he never got angry against OSA no matter what she did..he didnt react with anger even when his employee and JYS and JGS were the ones at fault for the restaurant suspension, we only saw his calm side toward his allies. he thinks he likes OSA right now but ever since JYS entered the picture he has been developing a bound with a woman that he never had before. He liked OSA but she never did anything for him. From what he said on todays ep, i understand that he liked an idea, the independent OSA that doesnt need nobody, including him was cool to him. With JYS its totally different. She wants to help him, she listens to him and he can now rely on her a lot like a few said both professionally and personnaly. She means a lot more to him than he thinks. Tony noticed it, JGS is sensing something and OSA will question their relationship on ep 8. I feel like PSRY can only overreact like that when its about JYS (except the villains) and to me that means a lot.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

@Anjalifairy The story is getting meatier even some illogic comes one or two @Latte_Anyday 

I am not that surprised and also noticed JDH would be the one behind that problem. I wonder how will PSR deals with this, he plans to stab him at his back,  but JDH saw his back and stabbed him first. And am I the only one who expecting YS shows off her smart moves to annoy JDH?  It's why she eggs GS on some opinions. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:

Wow the rating keeps rising higher! 12.289% nationwide *clap clap clap*

I wonder what the seoul ratings are...

Nevermind. Found them but them i can't delete my post :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!

@sodarn

My one fear for the show is the development and progression of the story since there only 9 episodes left. Change & growth doesnt happen instantly & its only been 3 episodes since JYS started working at Danbam but I'm looking forward to her growth. The thing is IC could benefit more if it been a longer show, atleast 20 episodes since they have a large cast that is important to the story. Ep 8 looks like a heap of tension which is good. I like tension since it seems its between SRY & JYS lol. Let's see what happens tomorrow. I'm nervous & excited lol.   

@larrysouth

Yes, it would be deemed unbeffitting

in the workspace, so I understand the sentiment because I'm from the U.S. too but the thing is, in this situation between SRY & JYS, it was an off-duty

/personal matter where they are not at Danbam & they

went together not necessarily as boss/manager. 

SRY even insisted/okay'ed JYS to go with him. SRY & JYS have been pretty professional/working together

within Danbam. The physical touch/closeness in that moment was mutual as it shows later, SRY on the bus with JYS gleefully smiling/holding her head against his shoulder. 

@serenilmauve

IC hitting those double digits:w00t:B). I hope it hits a 15% soon.

• Thanks 1

Surpassing the lady in dignity wow!

The growth of Itaewon class rating is a lot faster than CLOY.

I remember that Cloy surpass 10% mark on ep 8 and had peak at 21.683%

Now i wonder with the rate of growth Itaewon had,how much rating can they get later on ( i think the most important one is the stability ) so it keep growing just like what happen now. 

I hope this drama.can surpass 20% too because it is that good. Can you imagine two drama both reach 20% just in the first quarter of the year??? HELL YEAH.

Although i must say the popularity of this drama in here still not much. Maybe we need to do promotion for this amazing drama Lol. But i am glad to had you guys who give insight and explanation and theories. I read most of them.and enjoying it 

• Like 3

Episode 7 was well-rounded. I liked that a lot of the characters had some great development. The story is definitely pushing forward.

@larrysouth I loved what you referred to as YS' "warpaint". LOL.

SR opening up to YS about his father and his revenge plan was huge. You can tell he hasn't shared much of his feelings and worries with anyone in a very long time. He didn't know how best to react when YS was emotional and crying. The bus scene was sweet. He's grown some affection for her which is really lovely to see. Especially it being someone who truly wants to be there and weather through hardships with him.

8 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:

It seems the writer makes Sooah character more ambiguous or unpredictable for this drama version. Ever since that police reporting incident, whatever she said or did makes me wonder if this time she was sincere or had evil intention. But yes, her conversation with Saeroy when they're strolling down the street was beautiful. It's nice to finally hear Saeroy opened up about what makes him like her. Which turned out to be such a simple reason but very impactful to him :)

@Anjalifairy I'm glad you mentioned the park scene between SA and SR because I thought it was beautiful as well. Their conversation was simple yet very honest. I liked that she finally opened up to him about her struggle and when he told her not to be swayed...for once, she seemed to be at peace with choosing her own side. I thought his reason for liking her explained why he kept encouraging her to stay true to herself and not worry about him. He seems to really understand her (more than I had thought).

SA's character does seem unpredictable, but I hope it turns out that she is sincere because I do see it possible for both to achieve their goals while preserving their friendship. It seems SR is not really wanting to destroy Jangga, he wants to destroy Chairman Jang. If that is the case and he succeeds in toppling him with Ms. Kang taking over, it is true it will lessen the burden on SA. Also, I know Ms. Kang sees a lot of potential in SA and had wanted to take her under her wings. So, I do think SA could be really successful working for her. Jang seems to like SA too, but he has ulterior motives. Crazy thought, but I would love it and think it would be interesting if an opportunity presents itself for SA to side with Ms. Kang in the power struggle. Since Ms. Kang and SR have joined hands, she would be helping him in a way.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

@Anjalifairy

I would love to see more interviews with the cast, especially those jenga ones with the swoon lol. 

That scene was nicely film, along with the ost/music & PSJ & KDM's acting. I hope jtbc releases the bts of that scene if theres any. Can you imagine the bloopers with KDM crying on PSJ's lap lol. Theyre always laughing together in the bts shots, especially KDM. 

@taeunfighting

During that scene in the bus heading to the cop's home & the room was so nice. It looked like SRY tried not to break either since he always puts up such a rigidness/stonewall exterior. It was nice to see him be a vulnerable when needed to be. The room scene with both of them was so emotional. 

At this point is hard to predict anything. Hopefully Kang's stays true to her partnership unless it bites her in the butt since JDH knows about SRY's connection. That would be an interesting alliance but I wonder if SA has the guts to do so since she's so inclined to be on JDH's side. 

@Whisper2

Maybe on SA's part but JYS, it's a definite no lol, atleast at this point of the story. I don't think JYS wants to be associated with people who are with J Co. That's probably why she so adamant & okay with JGS going to J Co.

• Like 2

Seven episodes down. I won't post spoilers. But, GOSH! This is how a great drama should be! Twist after twist after twist! :lol:

And Itaewon Class is now JTBC's second highest rating drama, plus its ratings just keeps on going up :wub:

@Whisper2 

I actually think they will be as the story ends. Right now, they are competing for Sae Roy, but it's not just a typical competition.

Yi Seo had always been selfish, until he met Sae Roy. She admired him because she never saw a person as genuine and selfless as Sae Roy, aside from the fact that she regret being involved in the suspension of his business. And although there is still this selfish side of her, she's been working so hard to help Sae Roy fulfill his dream. I mean, for the first time, she had gave up a part of herself for others. I think Yi Seo feels some sort of hatred towards  Soo ah because the latter works at a company Sae Roy despises, even though they have been together for so long.

Soo Ah sees Yi Seo as a strong competitor, for she knew that for the longest time, Sae Roy always thinks about her. She was always confident with the relationship she had with Sae Roy although she works for Jangga. She had never been understood the way Sae Roy understood her. So for Yi Seo to enter Sae Roy's life, that put a crack on that confidence. But I think Soo Ah understands what Yi Seo is doing, and it kinda hurts her so much because she feels like she should be on Sae Roy's side.  I think she will work even harder for Jangga - Not to topple down Sae Roy, but to crush Yi Seo.

But I guess, both of them will get tired of the competition, and maybe become friends. Who knows? :D

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Finally Yoon Mi Rae!!

After amazing ost with flower in CLOY i expect another amazing ost for Itaewon!

Guys imagine if BTS V actually had one OST in this drama. 

I couldnt imagine the impact even more for the drama lol

Ditto! I mean, they are picking up the best artists for this drama! And the songs have this youthful vibe. I just can imagine how cool it will be if the producers collaborate with BTS :D

• Like 1

I feel like Gwang Jin is doing it wrong by doubling down on Oh Soo Ah or Jangga. Despite how many people online like to act as OSA is interesting in her conflicts and etc., she is not. Scenes with her pretty repetitive in nature. And Jangga also better in smaller douses. He should double down on Jo Yi Seo's craziness instead. Her energy makes Itaewon Class exciting, along with Park Sae Roy's unwillingness to give up. So, they better not get audience exhausted with something they didn't come for. And they should deal with Jang Gun Won faster too. 

Waiting for Yoon Mi Rae's soundtrack. Hope it's good, we didn't even hear glimpses. I guess it's for Jo Yi Seo's feelings. 

I like how Jo Yi Seo is one of the few people who can provoke strong emotions from Park Sae Roy;) 

• Like 7

@taeunfighting

Yep, i feel that encouragement is boosting up her self confidence even more to stay as she is now, and not have to worry about what Saeroy would think about her. Hopefully she doesn't use it as for something like another betrayal. 

But still have no idea about what she said to Yiseo that she didn't hate her. Again, i was trapped in my thoughts about her ambiguity. 

For ms. Kang, i choose to not fully trust people in Jangga's circle, including her. I can sense she's a gainer. 

@greenwatch08

Same hereee! I'm craving for the swoon contents of them, like playing jenga, couch talk, etc, just like CLOY couple you know ^_^ the show has been running for 4 weeks, yet they haven't released anything, i've lost my hope already. But after seeing that gif, i started to hope again lol.

I'm pretty sure they will release the room bts. Me too, can't wait to see it :lol:

If there is one thing i kinda regret about the room scene is the fact that they didn't include Saeroy's voice over in that situation. In original work, when Yiseo cried, Saeroy said in voice over, "On those difficult and lonely days, i couldn't cry. But you replace me like this, crying for a long time. It's such a big comfort. I'm trying to hold back from wanting to stroke your hair". That's deep! Unfortunately this part doesn't exist in the drama. I just think it would be nice if we could also hear his perspective in that situation. But i'm glad he patted her back instead :wub:

@serenilmauve

Yes, yes, can't wait to listen to Yoon Mi Rae's voice! And I feel nervous for today's episode :wacko:

No matter i like their convo, but i agree with you that this Sooah+Saeroy's scene seems too repetitive though

Edited by Anjalifairy
  • Like 4

This is gold!  Talk about stereotype.

Spoiler

Credit to author

Purely my opinion.  Believe some may already mention.  Sae-Ro-Yi had a teenage crush and he held her close to heart as she is his crush and has stay with her all along.  She mentioned she like someone who is rich and thus it is part of his goal.  He wanted to make it happen (apart from his own revenge)  She is extremely important to him.

But that is teenage crush.  True long term love relationship is actually when you are very comfortable with the opposite sex that you are willing to share whatever you have been holding back.  But Sae-Ro-Yi may not know that.  Cos his life has been pretty close up after his dad death.  It maybe shocking to him too if he realised in his own term there is something else as he will be confused with what he is exactly feeling with his crush?

For now he definitely has no love feeling for his manager.  His manager is also very aware of that.

That is why love is complicated and irrational sometimes.  

• Like 4